Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I'm always amused by folks who base "their" opinions on samples of one or none.

More than a sample of one...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
someone stop by beretta and tell them they suck. its likely the only place you can actually find someone with their company to be able to say such a thing. not that they will care of anything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tikka is coming out with a new target rifle.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by CP
Great. Do the Kimber representatives have a scheduled date for the 84L Montana to be available at the retail level? CP.

They would not commit to a date. Only "early spring."

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Originally Posted by lmartin
Originally Posted by tx270
I heard something and saw an ad for the new WBY Vanguard.

Same action, new trigger, new stock, three position safety, and a sub moa guarantee. Supposed to retail for under $500.

Bill
where can i go to find the specs on this or see pictures of the new stock? also saw where someone mentioned that stainless vanguards would be availible again anybody know what the over the counter price would be on these and when are they coming out. there is nothing on weatherby's web site

Join the weatherby nation-They say that they will be available by May. A very good two stage trigger that they emphasized would be set at 3lbs with little creep and the return of the VGX are both good plans.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Actually, the new trigger is adjustable down to 2.5 lbs. I tried the trigger and liked it very much. Zero creep, clean/crisp break. Also a three-position safety, which was what folks like myself previously got by replacing the old factory triggers with Timneys. I believe the Vanguard makover (they're called S2 Vanguards now) is a welcome move. New stock with "Griptonite" inserts... matte bead blast finish in blue or stainless... 24 in. barrels... avail. in June. New models should retail for roughly $50 more than current Vanguard models. Also of note: all S2 Vanguards will now have a one-inch accuracy guarantee, versus the current 1.5 in.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Winchester has an interesting monolithic bullet... Designed they say to open to maximum frontal area and stay in deer. A 150gr 30-06 penetrated 14" in a 20% gelatin block and opened a lot like an X... But not quite... Pics soon.

Saw the same demo and have pics. The real news with this round will be the price. Called the "Power Core 95/5" (95% copper/5% zinc)this round is in the Super X line and will retail at a price point a bit above Power Points but considerably less than E-Tips. Priced to beat the competition in factory ammo. Demo was at about 20 yards with the rounds downloaded to 100 yard velocities. Test was in 20% gelatin versus 10%, covered with a piece of deer hide. The round penetrated 14 in., as noted, and mushroomed nicely. Will be avail. in 64 gr. 223; 130 gr. 270; 150 gr. in 30-06, 300 win mag and 30-30; and 140 gr. 7mm Rem Mag.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
One other bit of news from Weatherby. Don't have details yet, but they're going to offer a "more affordable" monolithic bullet in factory ammo.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
One new rifle I tested that left a favorable impression is the Savage Model 11 (long action) and 111 (short action) Lightweight Hunter.

Short action is 5.5 lbs and long action is 6 lbs. Weight reduction achieved via cutouts beneath forend of wood stock, 20 in. light-profile barrel, heavily machined action and spiral fluted bolt. Uses top-load detachable box mag. Will be offered in 223, 260, 243, 270. 7mm-08, 308, 30-06 and 6.5 Creedmore. Handy little package. Can share some pics as soon as I can get them off the camera.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Don't know about S&B, but Steiner unveiled their new Tactical Scopes this year.

[Linked Image]

Scopes? I don't see any scopes in that picture... laugh

I didn't see any rifles either.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by gundog
Any news if Winchester will again offer the model 70 in left handed versions?

Didn't see anything new re. lefty versions, but new chamberings are as follows:

- Sporter, 25-06, 24 in. barrel
- Featherweight, 25-06, 22 in. barrel
- Featherweight Compact, 22-250, 20 in. barrel
- Featherweight Compact, 243, 20 in. barrel
- Featherweight Compact, 7mm-08, 20 in. barrel
- Featherweight Compact, 308, 20-in barrel
- Extreme Weather SS, 7mm-08, 22 in. barrel
- Extreme Weather SS, 25-06, 22 in barrel
- Ultimate Shadow, 7 mm-08, 22 in. barrel
- Ultimate Shadow, 25-06, 24 in. barrel

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Chetaf
Any news from Leupold? I have heard rumors about a new VX-6 line of riflescopes?

Chet

Yes, there's a limited new VX-6 line with 30 mm maintube, 6:1 zoom ratio and pop-up re-zero/CDS dial system. Avail. in 1-6 X 24 with duplex or German #4 reticles and 2-12 X 42 with duplex or B&C reticles.

C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks for the follow up�CP.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad

I bought a Chevy Vega and it sucked. Based on that, I'll never own a Vette cause they must suck too.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
One new rifle I tested that left a favorable impression is the Savage Model 11 (long action) and 111 (short action) Lightweight Hunter.

Short action is 5.5 lbs and long action is 6 lbs. Weight reduction achieved via cutouts beneath forend of wood stock, 20 in. light-profile barrel, heavily machined action and spiral fluted bolt. Uses top-load detachable box mag. Will be offered in 223, 260, 243, 270. 7mm-08, 308, 30-06 and 6.5 Creedmore. Handy little package. Can share some pics as soon as I can get them off the camera.

Looking forward to pics. Seem to balance ok? They make any comments about availability of synthetic stock or compatibility with current short action stocks? Read somewhere that bolt spacing may be unique and thus not compatible with existing Savage stocks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Brad

I bought a Chevy Vega and it sucked. Based on that, I'll never own a Vette cause they must suck too.

Fair enough.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
No problem, feel free to shoot me any questions on new products. Only had time for a couple of days at SHOT and am now back, digesting all the literature. Contrary to some remarks I've heard, there's actually quite a bit of news out there for those willing to ferret it out. Couple of things stand out trendwise. One is the growing number of lightweight rifle offerings (new models from Browning and Savage, among others). Another would be various new monolithic and/or more affordable ammo/bullet offerings.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by prm

Looking forward to pics. Seem to balance ok? They make any comments about availability of synthetic stock or compatibility with current short action stocks? Read somewhere that bolt spacing may be unique and thus not compatible with existing Savage stocks.

I'll try to get some pics up later this afternoon. Balance seemed OK so far as anything weighing 5.5 lbs can feel "balanced." Don't know about compatibility with other stocks, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's not compatible given the extensive modifications they made to save weight. Didn't get a chance to discuss in depth. Was pushed for time... folks waiting in line. Personally, I may be waiting in line to snatch one in 6.5 Creedmore when it becomes avail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brad, if you ever get the chance to look through the Peregrine XP, I think your opinion would change drastically. They are as good as any alpha I've ever looked through.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
prm - Here are a few quick shots of the new Savage Lightweight Hunter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Can you tell me more about the lightweight browning rifle that you mentionned earlier.Thanks

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

468 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,923 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.