Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
shreck Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
FLORA, Ind. (WLFI) - 12-year-old Cody Green has always admired the strength and courage of the marines. At 12:35 Saturday afternoon, it was the Marines admiring the strength and courage of Cody.

Cody had leukemia since he was 22 months old, but beat the disease three times. Although he was cancer-free, the chemotherapy lowered his immune system and Saturday afternoon, he died from a fungus that attacked his brain. Members of the Marines decided to step in and do something.

"They decided Cody, with the strength and honor and courage he showed through the whole thing, he should be a Marine," said Cody's father David Snowberger.

Cody was given Marine navigator wings and was made an honorary member of the United States Marine Corps. For one Marine, that wasn't enough, so he did even more.

"The night before Cody passed, he stood guard at Cody's door at the hospital all night long for eight hours straight," said Snowberger.
http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local/boy-made-honorary-marine-before-death

[Linked Image]

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1,

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whew....! cry frown
Thank God for the few among "the few, the proud".....
It's enough to give an American hope!
Godspeed young Cody! A battle well waged....

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I was just telling my mom this morning how I don't cry anymore.
frown

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Amen.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Whew....! cry frown
Thank God for the few among "the few, the proud".....
It's enough to give an American hope!
Godspeed young Cody! A battle well waged....

well said

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Semper Fi.

R.I.P. Cody Green

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Marines always take care of their own.....

RIP Cody, and Godspeed.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All of a sudder the screen is blurry.

R I P Cody you embody true guts it takes to be a Marine.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Real manhood there. Good job, Marines.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

shreck Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And if you look real close see, the thumb, right along the stripe. Feet 45%. A very nice POA.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Much respect to The family, and especially to that marine in particular.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Semper Fi Cody.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 340boy
frown

I can't say that... Godspeed Cody...RIP

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Suffer the little children to come unto Me.....And He took them up into His arms.

Rest in those arms in peace, young Marine. I know you will.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R.I.P. young man. Thank you for the post.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
+1 to all the postings.

Semper Fi Marine

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Godspeed young man

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wow....

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If I could only be young enough again, to earn that title. I thank God for our young people who have this kind of mettle.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Marines have been laying their lives on the line for the hopeful futures of little kids like him. This young Lad displayed the sand and the Marines responded by opening their hearts and making him one of their own. My Salute to the Young Lad may he Rest in Peace, and the US Marines who have taken him in as one of their own.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the post, Schreck...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To the Colors

Quando Omni Moritati
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
This story

This picture

Front and Center

Deserves to be there for awhile.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by 340boy
frown

I can't say that... Godspeed Cody...RIP

Cody's story actually brought tears to my eyes, was what I meant to imply, Keith. Hit me pretty hard, actually.
(A good thing)

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
that made me cry.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What an incredible story of honor and courage. God bless Cody, and the USMC.

Prayers for both...

Last edited by redfoxx; 05/04/12.

God Bless America!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
�A memorial service for 12-year-old Marine Cody Green will be held at Carroll Elementary School this weekend and the Marines will be giving Cody a full military funeral...

All contributions will be donated to the cancer unit at Riley Children's Hospital.�

By Daily Mail Reporter and Meghan Keneally
PUBLISHED: 06:16 EST, 2 May 2012

Throughout his short life, young Cody Green had admired the bravery of the U.S. Marines.

But after years spent battling leukemia, it was the youngster's courage fighting cancer which inspired his heroes to honour his bravery.
The 12-year-old from Indiana had suffered from the disease throughout his life. First diagnosed just before his second birthday, he had beaten leukaemia three times - but the chemotherapy had reduced his immune system and, last weekend, he died from a fungus which attacked his brain.
And standing guard outside his hospital room that night was a local Marine named Mark Dolfini who was so moved by Cody's continued cancer battle that he decreed the 12-year-old to be a honorary member of the elite military unit.
Close family friend Keristen Ford told MailOnline that Cody was a 'witty' and determined child who never let his continued battles with cancer hurt his spirits.
'He was very aware of his illness he knew exactly what medications he was on and what time he should have them,' Ms Ford said.
'He knew that by him knowing when he had to take his medications and what they were, his mom had to worry less. He was very worried about anyone leaving sleep over him.
His mother Tracy Green certainly had a lot on her mind over the past few months, as Cody had two younger brothers and two older stepbrothers.
On top of that, Ms Green was seriously injured at the Indiana State Fair as the country band Sugarland's stage fell. Seven people were killed, and Ms Green was one of the 58 injured. She had to have 30 staples in her skull and had steel rods and pins placed in her leg.
As she recovered, Cody was characteristically caring, helping his mother wash her hair when she had trouble moving in the months following the August 2011 stage collapse
'When I started walking again after the incident, he was so worried about me, saying "you need to keep your feet up Mom! You have to watch your step,"' Mrs Green told MailOnline.
'He never complained, he never said "why me?" or "I don't want to do this".
'If he got sick, he would finish and say "I'm sorry" because you were holding the bucket for him. I always told him that he had nothing to be sorry about.'
Cody's repeat cancer battle inspired the local Marines, who thought 'he�s fought as hard as any marine has and because of that we�re going to honour him'.
They planned to give him a complete colour guard spectacle, but because Cody's condition was less stable following a stem cell procedure on March 12, they had to suspend those plans for fear of infecting Cody's sensitive immune system.
'He had a passion for our country and our military and it was more the marines got sparked in Cody and they heard of his battle,' Ms Ford told MailOnline.
The youngster's father David Snowberger told local station WLFI: 'They decided Cody, with the strength and honour and courage he showed through the whole thing, he should be a Marine.
When Cody's condition took a turn for the worse on Friday night, his family got in touch with a local Marine who said that he would rush to the hospital to be with the boy during his final hours.
Former Marine Mark Dolfini, 39, who was introduced to Cody through Mr Snowberger, presented the boy with a flag and Marine navigator wings.
'Unfortunately, Cody was not awake, he was on a ventilator, but we believe he knew,' Ms Ford said, having been at the hospital at the time of the ceremony
In keeping with the Corps motto of Semper Fidelis, Latin for always faithful, the Marine stood post outside of Cody's door all night, saluting Mrs Green as she went in and out of the room, right up until Cody passed on Saturday.
'The night before Cody passed, he stood guard at Cody's door at the hospital all night long for eight hours straight,' Mr Snowberger said.
[Sgt.] Dolfini, who was initially hesitant to go public for fear it would take away from Cody's story, spoke with MailIOnline, telling how he knew he had to spend the night guarding Cody's door because it was what he deserved.
'There was no question that was my calling that night,' he said.
'I didn�t give myself a time constraint and I knew I was going to be there as long as I could be.'
The Marine Corp's website states that the title of 'Honorary Marine' reinforces the special bond between the American people and the Corps by 'recognizing individuals in the civilian community who have made extraordinary contributions to the Marine Corps.
'The title Marine is a revered designation that affords a special distinction to those who earn it.
'Therefore, only the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) can officially designate an individual as an "Honorary Marine".'
Cody - described by his father as 'a comedian' - was a fifth grade student at Carroll Elementary School in Flora, and his friends spent the first day back at school after his death honouring his memory.
Balloons in his favourite colour of green were released, carrying messages into the sky; green ribbons were tied round the trees and friends hugged each other while wearing green T-shirts and chanting his name.
'He was very witty,' Ms Ford told MailOnline.
'He was very comical. He always made you laugh, and he would always one up you because you couldn�t come up with good comeback quick enough for him! It was as if he had a whole book of them or something!'
His obituary on Jconline reads: 'He never asked "Why Me," and fought the illness with grace and humility, never complaining about his treatment or care, saying "Thank you" to the many health care professionals that cared for him.
'Cody had a great sense of humor and he was always worried about everybody else and their well-being, he dearly loved his family.'
A memorial service for the 12-year-old will be held at Carroll Elementary School this weekend and the Marines will be giving Cody a full military funeral, full with a color guard, tap, and 21-gun salute.

All contributions will be donated to the cancer unit at Riley Children's Hospital.

There are more photos at this link.
If you can handle them.
I cannot.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-hospital-night-died.html#ixzz1tudT2TAP

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
God bless the boy and the Marine who stood guard over him!

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks for the great story. My tear ducts are working well. We lost my wife's son last year to leukemia, so I am always touched by these stories. As a veteran, I am immensely proud of the Marine Corp or the fine young marine who did this noble thing. It speaks highly of all of our men and women serving in our forces. Semper Fi.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
THANK YOU MARINES! Gods speed Cody

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Semper fi little devil pup.

God speed.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Semper Fi......... thanks to the Sargeant.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
God Bless All

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Shows a few things:

- How precious our time here is
- How awesome some people can be- Thanks Marines!
- We should all be thankful

Made me well up. Showed the wife, she cried and hugged our kids.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Agree with all posted before me. I am never surprised, but always impressed with the behavior of the men (and women) in the Marines.

And I am humbled by the courage that young men like the one in this story has shown with the cards he has been dealt. It reminds me how trivial my problems really are and wish I could have a fraction of the resolve that he had.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Cody E. Green, 12

Cody E. Green, 12, of rural Flora, died Saturday, April 28, 2012, at 12:45 p.m. at Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis. He was diagnosed with A.L.L., a form of leukemia, in late 2001. He was treated and was in remission until a relapse in 2007, treated again and was in remission until relapsing again October 15, 2011. He had been a patient at Riley since March 2, 2012. He never asked "Why Me," and fought the illness with grace and humility, never complaining about his treatment or care, saying "Thank you," to the many health care professionals that cared for him. For this, he was rewarded with Honorary Marine from the United States Marine Corps.

He was born January 27, 2000, in Lafayette, to his mother Tracy L. Adams Green and his biological father Duane E. Green, of Texas. He was in the 5th grade at Carroll Elementary School, Flora, where he enjoyed his friends and classmates who supported and helped Cody when he was able to be in school. He attended church at White Horse Christian Center in West Lafayette. He was active with Cub Scouts and enjoyed riding his dirt bike, four wheelers, swimming and the NFL team New Orleans Saints football team. Cody had a great sense of humor and he was always worried about everybody else and their well-being, he dearly loved his family.

Surviving are his mom and dad, Tracy L. Adams Green and David Snowberger, of rural Camden; two brothers, Eric and Andrew Green; two step brothers, Rollie and Bryan Snowberger, of Logansport; two step sisters, Erica and Brooklynn Snowberger, of Logansport; maternal grandparents Sherry and Curtis Adams, of Oxford; paternal grandparents Sharon "Penny" Green, of Shadeland, and Alisa Guynn St. Joseph, IL; paternal great-grandparents Jaye and Karen Stover, Sour Lake, TX; and aunts and uncles.

Cody was preceded in death by grandparents Everett Green; "GG" Stover; Marjorie and Clyde Adams; Leland and Lillis Nichols.

Friends may call Saturday, May 5, from 11 a.m. until his funeral at 3 p.m. at Carroll Elementary School, Flora. Pastor Jeff Johns officiating, private family committal service. Memorial contributions to Riley Hospital for Children, envelopes available at the school. Baker-Abbott Funeral Home, Flora, in charge of arrangements. www.baker-abbottfh.com.

Published in the Journal & Courier on May 1, 2012

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 51 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,330
Posts18,468,566
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.