Print Thread
Hop To
R
Roundup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I'm hoping no one who is for limitation on firearms, magazine capacity or ammunition looks at the years old restrictions on migratory bird hunting. These restrictions, by and large have been accepted by the general public. The outlawing of certain gauges, magazine capacity limitations and shot sizes have been in effect for years.
Just a thought.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Repeat after me... The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting...

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
R
Roundup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Yes.

But if you can offer these protections for ducks why not "children"? I agree with you on the 2nd. It has nothing to do with hunting. But nearly all of the rhetoric coming out on magazine restrictions, a la Governor Cuomo, has to do with hunting. The debate on this issue by the pro restriction crowd has nothing to do with constitutional issues, logic, fact or reason, but is political, emotional and to a large measure cultural.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I certainly recognize the point you're making, Ru.

The BIGGEST Gorilla on this block, however is, and should be Fast and Furious.

The one to be making the loudest noise about, in an existing hard to follow cacophony of blither and bilious noise.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hadn't thought about taking that route. Let's hope the Dems don't think of it either....

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I submit that we have Constitutional Law on our side and it is way past time to get in their faces and call them on it at every opportunity. The hunting part of the second amendment has to do with hunting politicians (the most dangerous group on earth) if it comes to that and they need to be reminded of it. As far as governors proposing legislation, well that legislation should not be at odds with the RTKBA provisions of their own state constitutions which many have, let alone federal law as in "Supreme Law of the Land".

Last edited by Captain; 01/14/13. Reason: sp

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
R
Roundup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I certainly recognize the point you're making, Ru.

The BIGGEST Gorilla on this block, however is, and should be Fast and Furious.

The one to be making the loudest noise about, in an existing hard to follow cacophony of blither and bilious noise.

GTC

I guess Fast and Furious is a non issue since the ONE has been re-imaculated. How the hell he and Holder has gotten away with this is beyond belief. That program was/is probably responsible for the death of more innocent lives both American and Mexican combined than the attack on 9/11.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We been preaching that since it first came to light, but too few outside our circle are even aware of it. I get many a surprised look when I bring it up around otherwise educated folks I meet, they have NO clue. And how ANY fellow Catholic or Christian can support Obama & Co. is beyond my comprehension.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (007FJ, 204guy, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 55 invisible), 3,159 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.