Home
Alright Guys, the last steel group buy was a hit, I have had a bunch of people ask me if I would do another, well??? I am going to run a group buy on AR500 steel targets and will be trying to help out and save some money for you steel shooters. So I have the following for a group buy. I am sure others that have bought plates from me can attest to the quality of the targets. Also remember, you are shooting these things, they are not wedding rings. No need to be perfect. Regardless, they are very nice anyway.

These plates are through hardened AR500. Excellent product that will likely last a lifetime. Good target investment I would say. Plates are plasma cut and will come unpainted. Painting them is really easy. Kylon or something similar is perfect.

Below you will find the different plate sizes and shapes they will cut for this group buy.

Squares

-6X6 1/2" thick. 7# Two holes for hanging, painted-$14

-8X8 3/8" thick. 9# Two holes for hanging, painted-$18

-12X12 3/8" thick. 16# Two holes for hanging, painted-$36

Rounds

-8" 3/8" thick. 9# Two holes for hanging, painted-$16

-8" 1/2" thick. 11# Two holes for hanging, painted-$22

-10" 3/8" thick. 14# Two holes for hanging, painted-$26

-10" 1/2" thick. 16# Two holes for hanging, painted-$31

-12" 3/8" thick. 16# Two holes for hanging, painted-$36

IPSC Style Targets

-25% IPSC, 1/2 inch thick. 5# Two holes for hanging-$19

-45% IPSC, 1/2 inch thick. 16# Two holes for hanging-$42

Remember these are 1/2 inch thick AR500. Super deal!!!

These will be the only sizes available for this group buy.

It will work like this...

Group buy will run for about 30 days. Group buy will CLOSE on 6/10/2011.

Let me know if you would like something here on the thread and then PM me and let me know how many of what you would like. Please try to be detailed of sizes, shapes, thicknessess as it will make it easier on everyone ok me!! I will then let you know how and where to pay for your plates. You can also email me at [email protected]. Please make sure to note group buy for steel plates or something like that.

After Group buy closes I will order steel. The steel guy said about 7 days to cut everything. I am going to put in the leg work picking up the steel and loading it and getting it shipped out to you after the steel is ready. Post office is going to hate me when I pull up with a trailer full of 70 lbs boxes. LOL

SHIPPING INFO

I am going to ship everything USPS priority 2-3 day with delivery confirmation.

Shipping will be $18 per box. I can fit up to 70lbs in a box. You can mix and match targets if you would like to keep it in one box.

I put approximate weights on the targets so you can do the math and see if it will be under or over the lb limit for each box you want. It is by no means exact but I think it will help. Makes it easy on you and saves the questions of "can you combine these plates and stay under the weight???". Now you will know if its under 70 you will be good to go.

Alright, lets get this steel party started!!!

Happy Shooting!!! grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Jcvibby
I am sure others that have bought plates from me can attest to the quality of the targets.

FWIW - I loaded up on the last group buy and really love these targets. This is a great deal and a TON of fun.....glad I don't have to lift all those boxes!!

Here are mine all set up.....two 8s, two 10s, two 12s -
[Linked Image]
Do the IPSC's fit in the flat rate boxes to AK? I'm so tempted to buy more...and likely will...
+1 for here in Soldotna.
Labdad, did you get in on the previous order? I lived a few years in Soldotna going to KPC and am now in Wasilla. In-laws on K-Beach...
Yes sir guys all the targets listed will fit in a flat rate box. That is why I can offer cheap shipping and handling. Thanks

Jake
Jake, What's the length & width of the larger IPSC target?

Dennis.
Dennis, it is 13.5 x 8 inches. Thanks
PM sent.
PMs and emails have been returned. thanks Guys
I can also take paypal but it will be an additional 3.5 percent. Thanks
No, I did not. Will have to this time, however. I'm here on East Mackey Lake.
All Pms and emails have been replied. Thanks
sure labdad, just let me know what I can get for you. Thanks

For any of you guys on the fence about purchasing, this is an absolute killer deal on AR 500 plate. How do I know? A few years ago I sold several dozen AR 500 plates here and could not even buy the steel for what Jc is selling them for. The price of steel fluctuates and more than likely it will go up at some point.
Lonny, thanks for the post, its very true, this a a screamin deal on AR500 Plates. I am sure other people can attest to the quality. Thanks for looking.
Bump for Jcvibby and his good work. I called a few fire stations and got some old hose to hang mine.
My range has some flat steel T's to hang stuff from.
I am using the outside sheath of a fire hose and bolting them to the plate. Split the sheath lengthwise, cut two x's in the corners and bolt away. Have endured quite a few sessions thus far. Best part was the cost, free.
What size chains do people use and are the bolts used hardened?
I lose some surface area with the hose covering the plate and have considered switching to chain, but looking for specs on how to do it.
Jake, I will probably order some more before the deadline, thanks again for last shipment.
Just hammered the 3/8" 8x8 plates this week with 225gr .338 pills and after a shot of Krylon they look new again. Get 'em while you can.
How far away were you shooting the 3/8" 8x8 plates? Was it with a .338 Win Mag? I want to get some but only have a 100yd range.
TJH, I have about 200 rounds on a 3/8 plates at 100 yards with my 338 edge. For the most part it just blasts the paint off. If you hit it on the edge a bunch of times it might start to bow it out just a touch. Mine took 40 hits right on the edge at the exact same spot before I started to see it.Actually the smaller the Centerfire bullet the more damage it might do. big stuff seems to be fine.
pm sent
PM's returned. Thanks
PM incoming.
Thanks ScootM, back at you
Pm sent
ttt
All PM's and email should be replied to by now. Thanks guys,

3 more days until this thing closes.
PM sent.
Anyone shoot these with the little fast pills, ie 25 grain bullets from a 17 remington? I have some 1/4" MIL SURPLUS helo bulletproof plates I hard mounted at a sloping angle and my 17 remington bored neat little holes through it, while a 221 fireball w/ 40 grain ballistic tips didn't, @ 100 yds.

Would love to place a couple 4 of these inside my 36" wide x 28" high bullet trap frame, and hang them to help the movement absorb some of the impact and maybe stop boring holes....

Allen
btt for any experience with this steel and small, fast bullet impact information.

Allen
bump- bought some from Jake last buy. These have been great.
Originally Posted by hemiallen
btt for any experience with this steel and small, fast bullet impact information.

Allen

Waiting on the same feedback before placing an order.
I have shot a 22-250 at 200 yards no issues. I have also shot a 223 at 100 no problems.

Here is what causes problems:

The steel needs to be free and swinging, if it's up against the tree or fence post it could make a dimple or crater.

Also very heavy big plates that dont swing as well can have the same effect.

I would recommend the small ipsc target or one of the 3/8 8 inch inch targets. If they can swing you are golden. Dont shoot them at 10 yards either. Thanks for the orders guys. Two more days
PM incoming
PM inbound!
PM's returned. Thanks
PM Sent

Thank you
Cool Guys, thanks for the orders, 1 More day!!!!
PM sent
Sending PM
Email sent

Hoping to not have missed the deal.

Thank you VERY much

Allen
Thanks guys,

This group buy will be open until midnight tonight my time. Thanks
PM Sent, getting some more.
Thanks Jcvibby!
Hey Guys, I put the order in for steel today!!

They told me 7-10 days to get it all ready. I am then going to pick the steel up, take it back to my place and start packing them up.
Steel is in and I am expecting all the boxes to be packed up and shipped by friday!!! Have fun guys!! Thanks

Jake
Got your post, about shipping soon. Great!! Ready to shoot!!!!
Fantastic!! Thanks again for all your hard work Jake..... smile
My two ISPC 45% targets showed up Saturday and they're now painted and ready to go (when it's not so dang hot!). Jake - you da man!!
Got mine in he mail, but I have to admit I was just heading out the door when it arrived, and I completely forgot about it.
Alright guys, as of this morning all the boxes are shipped. All paypal orders are shipped as well. I had to ship them in three different batches becuase the post office can only handle so much weight at one time. I did three 3500 pound drop offs!!!! LOL, their backs now feel like mine!!!

Anyway, enjoy and let me know if I can get anything else for you.
I was just impressed that my mail lady brought mine to the door this weekend when the mailman at work wouldn't deliver my single plate on a previous group buy.

The steel looks great. Thanks again!
Received mine today and got paint drying. Great steel and great deal.

Thank you,

Scott
© 24hourcampfire