Home
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Remington model 8 in great condition,35 Rem. caliber. I would say an easy 80 % on both blueing and wood. Rifling is very good, functions great. Nicest I have seen in person. $800.00 shipped
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
She's a beauty! Not drilled and tapped. Unfortunately, many were.

I have a mod.8 in .35 Rem and a mod. 81 in 300 Sav. I wouldn't mind having this one too but my I've blown my allowance for the month.cry

Best of luck on your sale. T.S.
Posted the info for the members on TheGreat8Remingtonsociety. If you have any history of this rifle it would be welcome.It does look like a real nice one.8`s in this condition don`t come along often.
Joe
Thanks TS and Joe. Will see what happens.Its ok by me if I end up keeping it. We used to make fun of these "odd looking rifles to us teens" yrs ago when we would see them on the used gun racks!Now I think they are pretty cool. I bet some have killed some nice game throughout the years!
btt please
The Remington Model 8 has a great history. Based on the famous recoiling barrel action design by John Browning (same concept as his Browning A5), it was the first successful production centerfire semi-auto. Winchester had their self loaders ( I used to have a nice collection of those (pre-divorce:)) but the cartidges were grossly underpowered. The Remington cartridges created for the Model 8 (including .35 Remington) offered good power for hunting big game.

Texas Ranger Frank Hamer, famous for leading the posse that killed Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker , selected a Remington 8 in .35 remington for the job as he needed a cartridge with the power to penetrate the heavy car doors of the era. Hamer had a gunsmith create an extended magazine (15 rounds if memory serves me correctly).

Great rifle in a great cartidge.

A little history and a free bump. TS
Super cool old rifle bump.
Ken is great to work with too.
Jim, buy it before I do. Please!
Gotta have strength, gotta have strength....
Guess we will see who has greater willpower eek
BTT please.
A Model 8 in .30 Remington was my first deer rifle. Unscrew the forend and there is a lever that you can take the rifle down with; 3 parts forend, barrel, receiver/buttstock. Easy to do and easy to replace.

The 35 remington was/is the best caliber for hunting; was because it was the most powerful (larger case than the 25, 30 & 32 Remingtons) and still is as it is still avail. as a factory round.

Was replaced by the Model 81, which I believe had a pistol grip, dropped the .25 Rem. round and most importantly added the 300 Savage round.

Jerry
^^^^
Sold!
© 24hourcampfire