Home
My dad and I had 6 antelope tags plus a depredation deer tag for the early seasons . My 8-YO boy can't buy tags until he's 12 but he's finally got the endurance to go.

(I think we got him hooked wink )

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x134/utahlefty/Hunting/DSC03644.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x134/utahlefty/Hunting/DSC03663.jpg[/img]

taking a rest:

[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x134/utahlefty/Hunting/DSC03611.jpg[/img]

a well-earned lunch:

[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x134/utahlefty/Hunting/DSC03622.jpg[/img]
glassing over lunch:

[Linked Image]

loading up:

[Linked Image]

headed out:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice going Dad!
Of course most excellent but I'd not expect any different.

Good looking lad.
Good job!

It's always fun when antelope photos start popping up here -- you know the seasons have arrived. I just shot what may be my first pronghorn to meet the B&C minimum.
Same thing from here...Bet Matt's glad his boy takes after mom...
A lucky kid, that one. Great photos of some great country and animals.
Truly great stuff right there!

Bill
Great pics. Its killing me that I am not out there chasing goats.

Dink
nice work. i hope to do that with my son someday...
Start me young, what a great way to spend the day.
darn good pics way to go by getting him out there!

heck of a place for a Subway eh... wink

Dober
Awesome pictures , looks like a great time for all and some memories that will last forever.
Congratulations on a great hunt. cool
UtahLefty;
Thanks so much for sharing those great photos Matt. cool

It always does my heart good to see 3 generations afield together too, those moments are indeed precious and too rare.

Anyway a very big tip of my weathered Bailey to you sir for taking the time to include your son and your father in your hunts. Very cool indeed!

Good luck on your upcoming hunts as well Matt.

Regards,
Dwayne
Dwayne, thanks for the kind words and my best to yours.

I stressed about this quite a bit leading up to the opener...imagining all that could go wrong. As it turned out however, a better time was had than I could have possibly dreamed up.

My boy hasn't stopped talking about it for a week now.... wink
Originally Posted by BC30cal
UtahLefty;
Thanks so much for sharing those great photos Matt. cool

It always does my heart good to see 3 generations afield together too, those moments are indeed precious and too rare.

Regards,
Dwayne

A BIG plus 1. Great kid pics, especialy the lunch shot and the first photo with the antelope. Great memories. Good for you and your Dad.

Great stuff. There's one kid less likely to get involved with drugs and bad crowds. Keep up the good work.
Very cool. If the little guy isn't old enough to buy a tag, does he get to shoot off of yours or just tag along?
Great pics and no wonder the lad is hooked!

Have you had him shooting much himself?
Good stuff, thanks for the wonderful pictures.
Antelope are like the bluegill of big game hunting for getting kids started out here. Just love hunting them and both my kids pretty much got hooked on hunting doing the same thing. Great job.
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
Dwayne, thanks for the kind words and my best to yours.

I stressed about this quite a bit leading up to the opener...imagining all that could go wrong. As it turned out however, a better time was had than I could have possibly dreamed up.

My boy hasn't stopped talking about it for a week now.... wink

grinCongrats and no surprises here!! OTOH, I bet it gets even worse (better?) when you take your daughter out with ya grin
grin
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
darn good pics way to go by getting him out there!

heck of a place for a Subway eh... wink

Dober

+1 on the pics, and I also grinned at the Subway stuff. I do the same thing and stuff a few subs in the cooler when I head out for the day.
Man, that is great. Just thinking about the experiences you guys are sharing and the memories you are creating is amazing. Nice job. I'll add a high 5 for both of you.
thanks all!

He's becoming a pretty decent shot with airguns and .22s, next year I'll get him started with centerfires.

for now he's along as a companion (and grocery-eating machine)
Fantastic. Congrats to you, your father, and son.
Where did you hunt? Was that in Utah? Wyoming?
we hunt split units around Kemmerer,WY :

U93 for does (guaranteed draw)- I've seen few bucks there though and nothing that got me excited

U100 for bucks(1:2 special draw) - very few people here and usually 2 or 3 good bucks

Very cool Lefty! I thought you were hunting 93 by the pics.
Cool.
Thank you for sharing! Great pictures and congrats on the speed goats! grin
Yes sir he is hooked... Just look at his face..

BTW what caliber and what gun did you guys use??
Way to go! A grate family thread. You're left handed? smile
More kudos for you from here UL!!! laugh

Ingwe
Originally Posted by Cigar
Yes sir he is hooked... Just look at his face..

BTW what caliber and what gun did you guys use??

it's a Ruger Hawkeye, 30-06 with an FX-II 6x36 scope

[Linked Image]
Very nice!!! Great pics. Isn't it almost comical how many pronghorn you have to drive past to get to a neighboring state to hunt them?? laugh
Oh my goodness in 9 days my 8 yo and I will (Lord willing) be doing the same thing in Wyoming! You're killing me here!

Great job with the boy. Train them up early in the way they should go and they'll not depart... that boy is hooked! I'm hoping to get my son hooked as well!
Good stuff! I took my now 9-year old last year on my antelope hunt and he keeps talikng about it. He is going with me for deer next month, so hope he gives dad that good luck again!
Love the pics, thanks for sharing the good times with us all. Wish I was doing that. Oh well, maybe next year.......
Originally Posted by efw
Oh my goodness in 9 days my 8 yo and I will (Lord willing) be doing the same thing in Wyoming! You're killing me here!

best of luck! Sept is my favorite month of the year wink
Very nice to see the boy have an interest. Good post and great pics as usual.
© 24hourcampfire