Home
Looking for something else that's similar.
Non Anheuser-Busch.
Thoughts welcome.

dave
Start by choosing a real beer. "Light in the loafers" beer is sort of like ordering a Shirley Temple instead of a whiskey highball.
I didn't know there was such a thing.
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Water??
Ranier beer is decent and stop drinking light beer wtf. Unless its miller lite, then thats ok.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Start by choosing a real beer. "Light in the loafers" beer is sort of like ordering a Shirley Temple instead of a whiskey highball.
I know plenty of guys that drink your so called "light in the loafers" beer like BL or Ultra that arent light in the loafers. I like a good beer like Tropicalia, Hopsecutioner, some of the Sam Adams stuff, Sweetwater, but when I've been working in the yard on a Ga summer, the heavier, bitter stuff is not on my radar. Hard to beat an ice cold Ultra or 6 when you get done mowing and weedeating. Plus I'd like to keep my gut in check some.
Shiner variety pack if you can find it to see what you like. Shiner Blonde maybe
Originally Posted by killerv
I know plenty of guys that drink your so called "light in the loafers" beer like BL or Ultra that arent light in the loafers. I like a good beer like Tropicalia, Hopsecutioner, some of the Sam Adams stuff, Sweetwater, but when I've been working in the yard on a Ga summer, the heavier, bitter stuff is not on my radar. Hard to beat an ice cold Ultra or 6 when you get done mowing and weedeating. Plus I'd like to keep my gut in check some.

I've switched it up and now keep both 'All Day IPA'[light] for just that reason.
Always have a Hazy IPA on hand as well.
I like Shiner Premium alot but its hard to find up here.
Camel piss?
Originally Posted by 79S
Ranier beer is decent and stop drinking light beer wtf. Unless its miller lite, then thats ok.
I've never tried Rainier. I might play Longmire and give it a try. They were bought out by Pabst and moved to CA some years ago.
Heileman's Special Export
https://www.yuengling.com/news/yuengling-launches-flight-the-next-generation-of-light-beer/
Light beer was invented to tempt women to drink beer. It's for a woman's taste - or for the woman-like. If you insist on a lawnmower beer, look at one of the Mexican cervesas like Pacifico, Tecate, Sol, Dos Equis, or Victoria. I mean, if you're gonna be a lawn worker, you might as well drink lawn worker beer.
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Looking for something else that's similar.
Non Anheuser-Busch.
Thoughts welcome.

dave
I'm not a light beer drinker, but a good friend drinks Miller Lite and I've tried it.
I'd say that would be one to try.
Lone Star ice cold.
If you got a store in your area that does Mix ‘n match 6ix packs, try some of everything.

Yeunling
Shiner
Abita
New Belgium

Craft brands.
Miller Lite? Really?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Schitt
Another ghey beer ???

frown
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Light beer was invented to tempt women to drink beer. It's for a woman's taste - or for the woman-like. If you insist on a lawnmower beer, look at one of the Mexican cervesas like Pacifico, Tecate, Sol, Dos Equis, or Victoria. I mean, if you're gonna be a lawn worker, you might as well drink lawn worker beer.

Go back to your linux box. God forbid a man mows his own lawn....
Straub or Straub Light

Brewed in St. Mary’s PA
Have never liked Bud Light[never bought any for myself, but have for others coming to the house].
Liked Budweiser from the early days[well before Bud Lt. came out] but later it started giving me terrible headaches.
I'd take a Miller Lite over a Bud Light anytime!
But if I am buying 'American Lager' which is very rare, it's PBR
I drink beer for the same reason I drink wine: I like it. I control my appetites however, so I don't concern myself with the caloric content of either. I seldom have more than one and almost never more than two anymore. If I want to quench a thirst, I drink water. Light beer just plain doesn't taste good. People are conditioned to like it because what "flavor" it does have is quickly accompanied by an alcohol buzz. It's the same thing at play that makes people think burning tobacco tastes good, the same thing that makes a junky think that needle in the arm feels good. It's all a matter of association, that and the fact that the worlds most highly paid practical experts in psychology are occupied coming up with new ways every day to enhance the whole experience in the minds of those who fall for it.
Lawnmower beer was mentioned above. I replied to that. Let me add another beer I just remembered: Leinenkugel.
Hard to beat an ice cold Ultra

If you want light beer...just buy regular beer and water it down!
Pabst Blue Ribbon

This.
At this point bud light will always be known as tyranny fluid. MBA - murderers of brand assets. I learned that in MBA school. I also learned to stay with your love group which they totally abandoned. The millennial are now in positions of power in corporations and their destructive ideologies will be showing forth. Marxists never make good capitalists.

Bb
Support a local brewery. Plenty of craft breweries make outstanding beers in lighter styles.
I've never heard of Bud Light Premium, they make a Bud Light Platinum that I've seen.

I'd just switch to Coors Light although I'm sure they support the homos and trannies also. Light beers all pretty much taste the same.

Also, two of the "lawnmower beers" mentioned above are AB InBev beers so they're owned by the same bunch as Bud Light. Pacifico and Victoria.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Support a local brewery. Plenty of craft breweries make outstanding beers in lighter styles.

Ours fold up, in Ga, they have to send their bottled/canned stuff to a distributer, cant sell it outright. So a bottle made in town has to be sent 3 hours away, just to come back and be sold in the same town. I also think the microbrew stuff has become ultra saturated, just too many doing it and too many to choose from, hard to compete and make enough money to stay in business. We've had a few make it in Ga, Creature Comforts, Terrapin, Sweetwater, but they are brewing some really good stuff compared to others.
While some beers might be very good or a personal favorite, I don't even know why they're brought up when a BL replacement is asked for. ???

Many beers are local, & hard to find across the country. Then there's cost. $11 a sixer vs. 7 might be a step up, but not a replacement. To me, a replacement will be something in the same price range with similar availability.

BL, CL, ML. Available anywhere beer is sold. They each cost about a buck a pop, more/less depending on package size. All have 4.2% alc content & avg. at a 100 calories each. Meant for quick drinking, thirst quenching & maybe having several per session. I like Kentucky Coffee Barrel Stout, but it may not be available in the OP's area, & at 8% alc. & a 190 calories per bottle it's hardly a BL replacement. BL might not be much to some, but it has a niche.
I didn't look up the ownership of those two beers, Crow Hunter. Thanks.
My lawnmower beer is Leinies Summer Shandy - tho owned by Miller and all that entails.

For me, it's less the beer and more the style so for crafts - I'm looking at anything like a Berliner Weiss, Shandy, Pilsner etc.
What I was raised drinking!
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Had one Sunday, wasn't the coldest but wasn't a bad beer.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Had one Sunday, wasn't the coldest but wasn't a bad beer.

I tried it about a year ago and I liked it. I never see it in the stores though.
The only YL I've tried and liked was their oktoberfest.
Pabst Blue Ribbon

Agreed

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
There's Lone Star, Pearl, Jax, Falstaff. If you want something extra try Schlitz Tallboy.

Ours fold up, in Ga, they have to send their bottled/canned stuff to a distributer, cant sell it outright. So a bottle made in town has to be sent 3 hours away, just to come back and be sold in the same town. I also think the microbrew stuff has become ultra saturated, just too many doing it and too many to choose from, hard to compete and make enough money to stay in business. We've had a few make it in Ga, Creature Comforts, Terrapin, Sweetwater, but they are brewing some really good stuff compared to others.

Three tiered states are retarded. South Carolina is the same.

The craft beer space has for sure gotten over crowded. It’s not a bad thing though. The days where folks could peddle schitty beer are about over. Too many great beers on the market and, compared to a couple decades ago, a much more educated consumer.
You don’t need to look any further than the Yeungling lager or light, assuming you can get it where you are….
Dave7mm: Why on earth would anyone drink ANY lite beer?
I do know this - I am SO happy that anheuser-busch has LOST $5,000,000,000.00 (five BILLION dollars!) in stock value since the corksucker ad came out!
And that is NOT counting lost retail sales.
Stupid bastards (no offense scumload and turdqueen).
Liberalism is a mental disease.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Pabst Blue Ribbon

yep just got a 1 lb`er case !
Originally Posted by pete53
Pabst Blue Ribbon

Dropping that Busch Light pusswater I see. grin
Pilsner Urquell, the original pale lager, from Plzen.

Since 1842
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Since 1842

That's real beer.

Since 1842

That's real beer.

Hopefully the fruits and nuts haven't gotten to that one.
Dave7mm: Now, make that $6,000,000,000.00 (six BILLION dollars!) in losses!
He-he.

LINK: https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...ansgender-dylan-mulvaney-bud-light-deal/

Stupid mo-fo's!
Double he-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Shock Top Belgian White or Blue Moon. Leinenkugel Summer Shandy for when it is really hot out.

Jerry
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
If you got a store in your area that does Mix ‘n match 6ix packs, try some of everything.

Yeunling
Shiner
Abita
New Belgium

Craft brands.

None of which are marketed out west

Pabst Blue Ribbon is a decent inexpensive beer.
Drink the Tranny juice, bigot!!

God that sounded disgusting lol.

Just look for a beer thats on the smaller side, not woke and isn't in the portfolio of a publicly traded company.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I've never heard of Bud Light Premium, they make a Bud Light Platinum that I've seen.
Crow hunter.
Yes I miss spoke.
It's bud light Platinum.
I changed the name up top.
I like it because it has a higher alcohol content.
Like it ice cold with a shot of fireball in it.
But.
Not into the queer stuff.
Not into the hoppie taste. At all.
Hoppie IPA stuff...... might as well start licking the inside of a tail pipe. Ick.
There have been some very good suggestions here and I appreciate them.

dave
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Yeunling
Shiner
Abita
New Belgium

Craft brands.

Keep your eyes out for Yeungling, we have just started to get it here in MO very recently. Maybe they can get established out there now.
Originally Posted by pete53
Pabst Blue Ribbon

Perfect amount for the ride home from work.
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Shock Top Belgian White or Blue Moon. Leinenkugel Summer Shandy for when it is really hot out.

Jerry

Shock Top is AB
Blue Moon is Coors
Leinies is Miller

3 tier is federal with most/many allowing small breweries to self distribute. S. Carolina allows for 2000 barrels a year to be self distributed. Small breweries, even under that limit will still sign up with distributors for reach. Small guys can brew, run a tap room but adding logistics - probably a reach. Why not let a distributor handle retail sales outside the tap room/transportation and storage? So they do.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I mean, if you're gonna be a lawn worker, you might as well drink lawn worker beer.
Yes sir.
That's me, lawn worker.
I like that.
dave
Yuengling light. Add water until it suits you. wink
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Yeunling
Shiner
Abita
New Belgium

Craft brands.

Keep your eyes out for Yeungling, we have just started to get it here in MO very recently. Maybe they can get established out there now.

I've had it while back east. I wish they would come on out to the far west. BTW, midwest Pabst is better than far west Pabst.
Originally Posted by Teal

3 tier is federal with most/many allowing small breweries to self distribute. S. Carolina allows for 2000 barrels a year to be self distributed. Small breweries, even under that limit will still sign up with distributors for reach. Small guys can brew, run a tap room but adding logistics - probably a reach. Why not let a distributor handle retail sales outside the tap room/transportation and storage? So they do.

You sound like a beer rep. Lol. Forcing breweries to use a wholesaler is what most refer to as 3 tier. Not all states do. Or at least to the same extent. WA was, thankfully, wide open. If a brewery decides to enter into a partnership with a distributor, great. If they want to grow their own sales and distribution infrastructure and teams, great.

Right now, SC still limits the amount of beer a brewery can sell directly to a consumer. That is retarded. So is forcing a wholesaler into the mix at any point. Same with GA.
The south has seen mass changes in beer laws over the last ten years, but they still have a long way to go.
Hell, it's gonna be hard to find a replacement" lawn mowing/weed eating beer" (I liked that).

Seems the beer drinkers around here might have a good bit of boycott in them. All the AB products that are normally found here are readily available, in large quantities. What is not available in varieties of packaging or quantity are Miller & Coors products. Yes, I know they've played the rainbow thing, but but maybe mot as bold or insulting, or what ever, as AB did. Both are nearly out of stock in my town.

Having a ML now, not too bad, but another thing hit me. Another boycott was NASCAR. Had enough of them but was once a fan. And when,,,, Rusty wallace drove the ML car & I never could stand him. Now, the new boycott has led me there.

It's hard for a white, straight, redneck, country boy, flyover, deplorable these days.
Hamms
Originally Posted by gunzo
Hell, a white, straight, redneck, country boy, flyover, deplorable these days.

Your not alone

Dave
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
That's actually not a bad idea.
I've always liked Mickey's big mouth.
Takes me back to my high school days.

dave
Originally Posted by Slope77
Hamms
I would quit drinking if it came to that.
Crow hunter.
Yes I miss spoke.
It's bud light Platinum.
But.
Hoppie IPA stuff...... might as well start licking the inside of a tail pipe. Ick.

dave

I'll say we are from different planets when it comes to beer.

Since 1842

Owned by the Japanese now.
Originally Posted by Teal

You sound like a beer rep. Lol. Forcing breweries to use a wholesaler is what most refer to as 3 tier. Not all states do. Or at least to the same extent. WA was, thankfully, wide open. If a brewery decides to enter into a partnership with a distributor, great. If they want to grow their own sales and distribution infrastructure and teams, great.

Right now, SC still limits the amount of beer a brewery can sell directly to a consumer. That is retarded. So is forcing a wholesaler into the mix at any point. Same with GA.
The south has seen mass changes in beer laws over the last ten years, but they still have a long way to go.

I'm not. But I know some people who've been senior executives at large brewing concerns. C suite positions at a 4.5m barrel a year type place after leaving a 325k barrel a year brewery etc. I've just been around the discussions. I have a friend who started his own brewery and IS a logistics wonk - order 1 - get connected to a distributor and WI allows for self distribution to 300k barrels a year, which on a 15bbl brewhouse - you'll never hit.

I understand why, even a small guy, would rather use a distributor than self distribute even if they can and I know several local breweries do both. It's not a binary decision.
Lone Stat
Pearl😆
Anti Woke Beer

An ice cold “Ultra” or six… Ha, how about pissing in a pitcher for a day or two, and just toss it in the fridge and add some ice cubes to chill it?
Originally Posted by mathman
Crow hunter.
Yes I miss spoke.
It's bud light Platinum.
But.

dave

I'll say we are from different planets when it comes to beer.

Easy to see mathman never had an exciting evening in the trailer park
Since you’re in PA, I’ll say it again.

https://straubbeer.com/our-beers/
© 24hourcampfire