Home
By Gawly, it is there . Thanks, freends.
Yes. Mona Lisa and the Hope Diamond, Wright Brothers plane, lunch at the Watergate Hotel.
Seriously, it’s worth a look. Stop by the NRA museum if in the hood. You won’t see more cool guns in one place.
Posted By: DHN Re: Ever been to the Smithsonian? - 04/23/24
I spent nearly a full day at the air & space museum, didn't have time to see anything else. I imagine it would take me 3 days to see it all.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Seriously, it’s worth a look. Stop by the NRA museum if in the hood. You won’t see more cool guns in one place.
Whoa there.

When I was at the Alamo, they had a “Guns Of Texas” display that was exceptionally cool.
Only portions. Need to sit aside about a week sometime.
Yes, I've been to the Smithsonian. I guy would need a few days to see most of it, or just what you want to see.
If your are a gun guy , the NRA museum will make you change your shorts.
Won a trip in high school... many years ago. I spent most of the week at the Air & Space museum. The rest of the time, I went to the Wall, the various memorials, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Posted By: DMc Re: Ever been to the Smithsonian? - 04/23/24
No but I'd like to.
I wood onlee go if thy hads the genneral Lee ford gallaxy 600 in therr with the iowa state falg
A few times, never as an adult.
My parents took me when I was a youngster, I remember seeing the Wright brothers plane.
Yes. Cool museums. But haven't been there for amny years. Try to stay out of northern Virginia as much as I can. And out of DC for always now.

I would recommend the National Museum of the USMC at Quantico. Not quite in the heart of northern Virginia, thus pretty easy to get to.
Yes, a couple times and want to go back. Too much to see in a single day or so
Been a long time
Sitting in Arlington about 3 miles from the Capital Mall work a week or so working on the kids house before they move to their next assignment. Over the last couple of years we’ve been to most of the memorials, Arlington Nat.Cemetery, Holocaust Museum, The Capitol and Mt. Vernon but I haven’t been to the Smithsonian but the wife has. This should be the last trip and I don’t see myself returning here again.
My three sons and I have been a couple of times. Well worth the time. I want to go back.
Yep, 3 times. Some really interesting things to see.
Was there when I was in Jr high with my family, and our sr trip , 3 days in 1983. Most of that was spent in museum of American History. I love the mechanical wizardry stuff!
When Ben was 10 we went down and stayed in Rockville MD, about 12 or 15 miles away. For 5 days, we’d eat breakfast at the hotel and cross the street to the metro station.
You could get on the metro there and ride anywhere in DC which saves the headache of driving. The longest we had to walk was 5 blocks to the zoo. At that time an all day pass was $5.
Reon
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
By Gawly, it is there . Thanks, freends.
Ever been to the ICU you annoying sniveling little prick? LOL
I known they give a lot of the money “Vee the People”give them to the Marxist ..

Ya

I vote for it every chance I Get

It’s the Way We Roll on BLM Boulevard
I went in 1984. At the time, the two new hot displays were Archie Bunker's chair and the M*A*S*H portable surgery.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Ever been to the Smithsonian? - 04/23/24
When we lived down there my wife was a volunteer docent at the American History museum. I think we visited all the museums at one time or another and because of her volunteer role we were invited to a lot of really fun after hours special events. Best of all she had a parking pass!
Been there many times. My son has lived and worked in the DC area for the last 14 years. Lots of cool stuff to see for sure. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the wall and the WWII memorial are time well spent also.
Yes. Air and Space, American History, Natural History, Holocaust, Native American.

Ron
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Yes. Cool museums. But haven't been there for amny years. Try to stay out of northern Virginia as much as I can. And out of DC for always now.

I would recommend the National Museum of the USMC at Quantico. Not quite in the heart of northern Virginia, thus pretty easy to get to.

The Marine Corps Museum is one of the best I have ever been to. The Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum (near Dulles) is amazing too.

I only live about two hours from DC, but I won't go there since they began, a few years ago, allowing criminals to run free and rob, injure, and kill people there without any consequences.
Been there a few times. Not a bad drive from where I am except the Northern Virginia traffic. I generally don't go past Gainesville on 66 though
I visited with two engineers that were pilots... guess what we looked at.
Hazy-Udvar.....takes all day, want to hit the USMC museum.
Never have always wanted to.
When I was a congressional intern, I spent my weekends in either the Smithsonian for the interesting exhibits or in Arlington for the history and to get into the back sections to get away from people and associate with nature.
© 24hourcampfire