Home
Posted By: slumlord John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
Once shot a man just for snoring
Posted By: slumlord Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
Your thoughts
If around JWH types don't snore. Or sleep with one eye open and you hand on your gun.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
Back shooter!
Posted By: 673 Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
One of my hunting pards snores, I understand.
The look and feel of hand-tooled saddle leather!!
Posted By: 673 Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
Your thoughts
You wanna make sure you get him with the first shot.
Posted By: Rapier Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
I knew his grandson, named John Wesley Hardin. John Wesley was arrested catching a train in Pensacola, by Texas Rangers. Had a horse ranch in NW FL near where I live today. The woods of NW FL is a kind of place, where you treat all you meet with respect, never know, whom you are actually talking too. Folks I know that live here are Ravens, Delta, SF, Seals Ranger School Instructors, NASA, etc. Folks here are quiet and mind there own business.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
I have my books on a shelf next to my John Wayne plates from the Bradford Exchange and Trumpy Bear
Posted By: navlav8r Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
If around JWH types don't snore. Or sleep with one eye open and you hand on your gun.

There have been times when I think my wife was ready to shoot me because of my snoring. 😁
Posted By: Valsdad Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
The look and feel of hand-tooled saddle leather!!
Wood tha9 be Corinthinan?
Posted By: Scotty Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
At the NRA museum here in town they had a gun that someone brought. Out of curiosity the new owner did some research on the history of the gun. Usually there is not much you are going to find by the serial number. Turns out John Wesley Hardin was arrested for illegally carrying a firearm. Turns out the make, model and serial number matched up to the gun that JWH was carrying illegally. That would be a shocker to find out.
Posted By: TheKid Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
Man when I think back on the pheasant hunts we had together. Takes me back
Posted By: auk1124 Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
Originally Posted by TheKid

I helped him change a tire on his 74 Mercury Comet. He gave me a quarter and a Brachs butterscotch. I still have the butterscotch in the safe deposit box.
Originally Posted by auk1124

I helped him change a tire on his 74 Mercury Comet. He gave me a quarter and a Brachs butterscotch. I still have the butterscotch in the safe deposit box.
I think he showed me where a socket set was alongside the road when I needed one.
Originally Posted by Rapier
I knew his grandson, named John Wesley Hardin. John Wesley was arrested catching a train in Pensacola, by Texas Rangers. Had a horse ranch in NW FL near where I live today. The woods of NW FL is a kind of place, where you treat all you meet with respect, never know, whom you are actually talking too. Folks I know that live here are Ravens, Delta, SF, Seals Ranger School Instructors, NASA, etc. Folks here are quiet and mind there own business.

LOL
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
Sounds like the name of a rolly coster at Six Fl9gs..
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
The guy probably just wheezed on out!
Posted By: las Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I think he showed me where a socket set was alongside the road when I needed one.

Me too, but it was missing the 10mm. I think he pocketed it, but I wasn't going to ask.
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Me too, but it was missing the 10mm. I think he pocketed it, but I wasn't going to ask.
It's a common misconception that 10mm sockets actually exist.

It's a ploy by the tool companies to make folks think they're losing their minds.

Chinese Commie Party stuff.
Posted By: Adams Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
Your thoughts

Don't snore when Hardin's in the room. lol.
He wasn’t a cowboy or a gunslinger as we usually think of them. He was more along the lines of a Doc Holiday both were two of my favorite old west outlaw’s. He was definitely a bad dude that you didn’t want to cross.

Heard that his wife poisoned him once but he narrowly escaped death when he crawled himself into a neighboring yard and ate a bag of Kingsford. All while dodging rapist priest at a Catholic camp.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: John wesley hardin - 04/26/24
He discovered cycling later in life. Nobody laughed at him for wearing spandex.
© 24hourcampfire