Home
Posted By: hanco What are you doing this weekend? - 04/26/24
We are going to dancehall to see Eastin Corbin tonight, grandkids tomorrow night. Church on Sunday. Bbq Sunday afternoon
Clean garage and move an ATV project over to the GF's house now that I'm ready to start putting that back together. Complete engine overhaul, all new bearings, new crank, new cylinder, new piston etc. 99% of my free time is spent at her place so may as well do the work there.
Mow the yard plant some maters
Taking the whippet boys to some 100 yard racing in NV.

They'll have a blast and I get to see a bunch more people than I prefer to see. But I get to watch the boys do what they're bred to do. And it makes the wife happy to get away from here with her dogs every now and then and see them run.
Building a 5x6 deer stand to take to lease in Missouri over Memorial Day weekend
Fugking construction work
Go 4-wheeler riding wash the boat, rig poles for some catfishing next week
Working on tractors and implements.
Walleye Festival. Our town festival to celebrate the opening of the walleye season on the Tittabwassee River after closing for spawning.

It’s goofy but a fun festival that runs Thursday through Sunday. The schools close and there’s something for everyone from neighborhood garage sales, fireworks, a parade, fishing tournaments, carnival rides, fish fry’s, beer tents, and poker tournaments.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It’s Walleye Festival weekend here. Our town festival to celebrate the opening of the walleye season on the Tittabwassee River after closing for spawning.

It’s goofy but a fun festival that runs Thursday through Sunday. The school close and there’s something for everyone from neighborhood garage sales, to a parade, fishing tournaments, carnival rides, fish fry’s, beer tents, and poker tournaments.

Sounds almost impossible to not have a good time at that.
Killing p-dogs with my granddaughter
Watch it rain

Possibly build some Frankenstud Sling Keepers
Trapping field day at the local fish and game office. Took the class portion online.
packing for departure on 3 week road trip to utah, sd and wyoming.

mike r
I'm going to build a suspension bridge in the back yard Rudy Giuliani's popping by for drinks afterwards
I’m gonna eat some simple venison and avocado tacos. Fall asleep to a movie.

Get up and go fishing in Pine Island Sound. Not much tide in the morning so probably fish for mangrove snapper in Captiva Pass. Take some of those back to the marina restaurant called The Lazy Flamingo and have them cook them up for lunch.

Sunday will grocery shopping and some laundry. Cook up some jerk chicken with black beans and coconut rice with mango salsa.
Thats about it.
Son and daughter in law are out of town and we have our 2 grandsons, ages 3 and 4. Plenty of stuff we can get into around the farm but I’ll not get a minute’s rest.
I rented a 45-ft lift ....I got to cut some trees down from the top so they don't fall on my power pole and then I'm going to use it to clean the windows that are some 20 ft in the air, take down my broken non-working starlink dish put up the new one ..... one expenses toy ,with a 350$ and hour delivery fee... I'm an hour from town both ways... deliveries more than the rental.
Got my grass cut this afternoon so I’m going to the gym Saturday morning, driving my son’s car to Cincinnati for him, and then beer and wings Saturday night. Sunday morning church then a nap and chill.

Ron
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Sounds pretty cool, Enjoy!!
Chase the dog around with the vacuum cleaner He hates me but doesn't hold a grudge . Pals.
Load some ammo, 06' .243, and .257bob. Take the J-B compound to the .257 and then the J-B bore shine to it.

Go out to eat Sat. night with a great friend and his bride They are is in town from Montana.

Sunday is My Dads 84th birthday party.
Dig out of 18 inches of snow.
Gotta get some wood out of my dad's yard.....in between storms

https://postimg.cc/XrYSP9CS

https://postimg.cc/WhJX1zcF
Going to help with a Spanish boating safety course.
Blondy got a ffa plant sale goin on gonna stop by
We just returned from having dinner with our son and grandson who are camping at Guadalupe State Park that is about fifteen minutes from us. I poured an Old Fashioned upon return home. Tomorrow I am going to drive a Hill Country loop I enjoy that will have a stop at the Kerrville gun show. Sunday will be building a "fence" to hide my newly installed propane tank for our back up whole house generator.
Sawmilling some cedar 4x4s tomorrow.
Smoking some pork chops tomorrow evening.
Church Sunday morning.
Going to see our daughter at UNC Sunday afternoon for her birthday.
Extracting and bottling honey.
Enjoying some much needed rain, cleaning the swimming pool, getting some bee hives ready to install 2 new packages of bees! memtb
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

Wow, extracting and bottling all ready. Ours are just really getting active…..morning temps are still in 30’s/40’s. In fact, may be installing 2 new packages next week.

We’re rank amateurs……how many hives do you have? memtb
It's raining.

Gonna change the oil in the mower, and get the snowblower out from under the pine tree into the shed.

Gotta do that in the rain mostly.
Because I haven't done in in the sun.
For me today, doing tractor work with the disc. Tomorrow may play in the shop.
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Watch it rain

Same here. Wanted to plant some stuff, got some planted last night but it's supposed to rain all weekend so it looks like indoor stuff and errands.

I'll drop my compound bow off to get re-strung, re-spool a few spinning reels, do some indoor painting, and transplant some herb seedlings into pots.

And maybe watch Nikola Jokic send Lebron James home.
Originally Posted by memtb

Wow, extracting and bottling all ready. Ours are just really getting active…..morning temps are still in 30’s/40’s. In fact, may be installing 2 new packages next week.

I have 16 right now. 2-3 of those are small swarms that appear to be queenless, so I will be combining them with a small, but queen-right, swarm. We had a mild Spring this year, so the bees ramped up quickly. I was chasing swarms in March.

I only have 4-5 supers to extract, but one of our customers called in a big order for next week.

We are still rebuilding after losing all our hives 2 years ago. We used to keep 20-25 hives, but now that I am retired I hope to build up to 50+.
Nothing, sitting watching my left leg thinking any minute smoke and flames will pop out of it.

L5-S1 pinched nerve.

Hope everyone has a MUCH better weekend than myself
Originally Posted by memtb

I have 16 right now. 2-3 of those are small swarms that appear to be queenless, so I will be combining them with a small, but queen-right, swarm. We had a mild Spring this year, so the bees ramped up quickly. I was chasing swarms in March.

I only have 4-5 supers to extract, but one of our customers called in a big order for next week.

We are still rebuilding after losing all our hives 2 years ago. We used to keep 20-25 hives, but now that I am retired I hope to build up to 50+.

I’m just hoping to get 8 up and going. As I said, I’m a rank amateur…..and really want to stay that way! 😉 memtb
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Dropped $100 on veggie plants for baba girls ffa sale 🤯
Prepping food plots as we speak with a 40 year old tractor.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Hahaha!

Nice Sam.

We very nearly made it out the gate just now.

Very nearly....

Fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an occasion.
Scheduled for a day off today-but...

Storm last night gave us 3" hail that covered the ground, yard looks like a sheeps foot packer rolloed over it. The hail chasers are running over each other, everybody in my neighborhood is gonna get a new roof, several will get siding and windows. Several vehicles parked outside will be totaled. I had a 20 year old pickup in my drive that got beat up pretty bad, but I don't care. At least we didn't lose windows in our house.

But the worst part is a tornado cut a path across our county. Lots of damage, houses, sheds, cattle buildings.

I spent the day making judgements on injured cattle if they were worth trying to save. Sad day. The thunderstorms have fired back up for round 2 this afternoon so this old man decided it was time to call it a day.

But on a good note, tons of neighbors helping neighbors. I won't be sending out bills for today.

Phone just blasted another tornado warning for our area-here we go again
Git er done Cuz!
Originally Posted by slumlord

mike r

Sounds pretty cool, Enjoy!!
Fuuckinaye! Enjoy.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Git er done Cuz!

They see me rollin...they hatin

mike r

You maybe missed the last snowfall for the year

Down to 6400' today in my hood

mike r

B campin' here

Come find me.........(:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Got rained on while striper fishing last night but the fishing was good.

Celtic festival and Riverdance lessons today.

Whiskey River tonight.
You handsome sonuvagun!
Staying out of trouble while Jake takes care of the cattle.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire