Home
Posted By: prostrate8 Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11
If you ever take a tumble in prickly pear. Washing those clothes with your wife's unmentionables is generally ill advised. Still, I am amazed at how needle free my hunting pants are and how the needles all stick in that fancy satin fabric.

so....

My new invention: Prickly Free. No, it won't shave your wife's legs, but it will keep you in the same bed if you ever roll in a cactus patch.

Can't get the image to attach, but just imagine a huge pair of lacy panties.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11
i got a leg full of prickly pear this past Thursday, spent a hr with the tweezers and a magnifying glass pulling them out of my calf.
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11
i took a tumble into a bush like that once dragging a bear out... the next week or so sucked... little puss filled blisters all over... felt like fiberglass all over my arm and hand...
Posted By: prostrate8 Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i got a leg full of prickly pear this past Thursday, spent a hr with the tweezers and a magnifying glass pulling them out of my calf.

Can I ever relate. Half go right through the pants into the skin, the other half stay there to remind you of the event next time you put yer britches on, unless you use "Prickly Free".

Inside or outside calf? Inside is easy, outside pretty much requires a contortionist to pick them out.
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11

My buddies and I have all gotten them on our butts. Don't know which is worse: Having a buddy pick them out with tweezers, or picking them out of a buddy's butt.

Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Steve
Posted By: isaac Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11
My buddies and I have all gotten them on our butts. Don't know which is worse: Having a buddy pick them out with tweezers, or picking them out of a buddy's butt.

==============

Makes you cringe? You guys ought to consider wearing pants when you hunt.
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE

Steve

that made me think of this...

Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11

Bob,

Don't think the guys who got them on their legs were wearing Bermuda shorts.

I got mine from sitting to take a shot at an Antelope. And the needles got through my hunting pants quite easily. The "getting them out part" was a little more difficult.

Also got a fair amount of them on my knees and hands from crawling on a stalk. Knee pads and gloves helped prevent the problem.

And I'm still cringing at the thought of getting the needles out of my or my buddies butt.

Ruined my whole Sunday!!

Steve
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11
i once had to sneak bare footed across some prickly pear. i was 20 at the time and came across some bad dudes, 5 biker types assaulting a couple out by Port A on the island. it was dark so i had to sneak around through the dunes to get back to the car so i could get to a phone to call the law. walking was painful for a while.
Posted By: SmokeEater2 Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11
Once upon a time on scenic Fort Hood Texas when I was a dumb as dirt Pfc. I did a John Wayne type dive over a couple of large boulders during a training attack.

I discovered immediately on landing that I had picked a 15 foot wide patch of prickly pear to break my fall. blush I wound up throwing that pair of BDU's and my skivvies away, Since there was no way to get all the stickers out of them. After a few days I finally got them pulled out of my hide.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11
I've oft thought that big air guns, throwing PP and Cholla, would be a damned effective crowd control stunt.

Take yer' mind right offa' "occupying" anything.

GTC
Posted By: fish head Re: Unsolicited advice - 12/11/11
Cruel and unusual punishment?

I think so. laugh laugh laugh

I like it.
© 24hourcampfire