Home
Maybe i should list one of my AR's for trade for a Left Hand NULA Rifle by Melvin Forbes . Just musing
LOL I was thinking the same thing except I was leaning in the direction of a Anschutz.

I have two Anschutz already
Seller's market.

Travis
I am selling Pmags $1000 each.
I'd trade an AR for a NULA, if I had one.
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am selling Pmags $1000 each.

I'll take a case!
Mini 14s goin for $667, new, in Virginia yesterday and I see them used for more. No panic down there altho ammo was off the shelf, but I nailed some H4831, RL 19, and Hunter at great prices.
I have a ten pack of 20 round Brownell AR Mag's with CS Springs that will be here this week.
Originally Posted by Dusty246
Mini 14s goin for $667, new, in Virginia yesterday and I see them used for more. No panic down there altho ammo was off the shelf, but I nailed some H4831, RL 19, and Hunter at great prices.
Mini's are sort of an anomaly since IIRC, they weren't a part of the original AWB in normal configurations. ie with a regular sporter stock. Mini's were about that price here before the shooting.
you are right about the Mini
I was thinking a S&W Registered Magnum would be nice... grin

This auction shocked me, at GB:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322671571

I almost bought the first one I saw, at $2200, but figured it would come down. Coulda made some cash...
FWIW, I have seen a couple of FAL's still at pre-panic prices.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
FWIW, I have seen a couple of FAL's still at pre-panic prices.

I guess FAL's aren't scary enough or have too much wood on them.
All because of the lie on Sandy Hook. Now its time to put this to bed and let the left stop profitting on the deaths of those kids. RIP.
That would be nice , but don't hold your breath
The fact that it is mostly AR's and not Minis or FNs shows it is not the learned gun enthusiast, but the nervous consumer driving this market.
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
The fact that it is mostly AR's and not Minis or FNs shows it is not the learned gun enthusiast, but the nervous consumer driving this market.

+1 picked up a M1a at normal pricing. Figured your average guy on the street would not be on to them yet.
Just think all about the people that wanted a semi-auto and did not get one because they were snoozing. Could be in the millions!

Just think about gun and ammo manufactures receiving orders form every gun selling store in the USA at the same time.
Gunbroker told me that it was only two times MSRP....for used.

But that is actually sold. I could have listed it for 10x MSRP had I wanted. Listing doesn't equal selling.
not to me they're not. i'll wait til summer when the yuppies want to go to OBX on vacation and buy them for their regular price. maybe less.

As posted above, Mini-14's weren't banned last time, lacking the more scary Assault weapon features.

Why would someone bid up a weapon less likely to become banned i.e., valuable?

The bottom line is bidding up Mini-14's right now would be quite foolish. Buying up some Ruger 20 round mags might not be dumb though, if they could be bought at un marked up prices.
Asking price and selling price are two different things. People can ask $50 for a $13 Pmag, but who is buying?
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Asking price and selling price are two different things. People can ask $50 for a $13 Pmag, but who is buying?

I sold 5 new, in wrapper PMags for 188 bucks and change yesterday on GB. Then again, mine were 12 dollar ones, not 13 dollar ones....

smile

fools or genius's , not much difference between the two.
Originally Posted by Mink

+1 picked up a M1a at normal pricing. Figured your average guy on the street would not be on to them yet.

They are over priced to begin with
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by Mink

They are over priced to begin with
Agreed.
I hope the damn things go to $10,000.00! Maybe the dumbazzes buying them won't be able to buy powder/primers/bullets!!
And not in short supply....there goes the supply and demand thing I studied years ago.
On a serious note, not sure why people think they need a stockpile of AR mags. I still have the original DPMS plastic mag from my first AR build from 10 years ago. They don't wear out unless you are maybe in a combat situation. If you have 5 mags, they will probably last you a lifetime unless SHTF and you find yourself using one every day. I imagine the ammo would run out long before my mags died though.
you are right , but i want as many as i can afford because the Government doesn't want me to have them
I'll be starting another build tomorrow. I have to slum a Bushmaster LPK as that's what I had left, but it'll be done.

George
Good luck, you cannot find parts anywhere. Hell, I ordered a gas tube two weeks ago that hasn't shown up yet. Everything is backordered.
I went through my mental checklist and I'm 99.9% sure I have everything I need grin . Luck, however, is always welcome. I'm hoping that if I don't have it, one of my pards does.

I'll probably "order" a 6.8 for Connor as well. He'll be 8 in Feb. and actually have it by the time he's 10 or 11 if I get it ordered.....

George
Just got a new Magpul MOE stock int he mail today. smile
Sorta like the price of gold . . . keeps going up . . . whatever the market will bear.
Our local classifieds have at least five times as many AR's as usual. Of course, they're trying to get 50-100% too much for them. If there isn't some sort of really strong legislation, really quick, all these fools who went crazy with the credit cards last week are gonna be in real bind.
There is going to be a glut, again, when production catches up with this panic/insanity/frenzy. It's a nice lesson for some in preparedness, though. Kinda entertaining, too.
you are right , but i want as many as i can afford because the Government doesn't want me to have them

Plus 1 on this. I have more mags than I'll ever use in my lifetime, but I have extras just because. Also, could be $$ in the bank if I need a transmission or something.
Just dropped off my AR at the local mom & pop AR store. They were sold out of AR15's. They will sell mine on consignment. While doing the paperwork, someone called the store. They told the caller, "One just came in."

I will clear twice my investment.

The store anxiously wanted to buy back my unused PMAGS for what I paid for them. I decided to hang onto them and flip them on EBAY.
Originally Posted by oulufinn
There is going to be a glut, again, when production catches up with this panic/insanity/frenzy. It's a nice lesson for some in preparedness, though. Kinda entertaining, too.
I might sell my secondary AK and take advantage of the hysteria.
I stopped in one store today, actually to get some Swiss Black powder. I glanced over and they had one AR on the rack. The salesman proudly told me , "it's the last AR for sale in Houston!"

It was a Black Rain. Probably a very well made rifle. Spiral fluted barrel, fancy brake, quad rail, Magpul telescoping UBR stock.

The price was $2300+

The receiver was screen printed with about a hundred grinning skulls.

If it were $500 less I might have bought it and just got busy bead blasting the thing to get rid of the morbid graphics, but as it was, I passed smile

Exactly....
I have a couple of Bushies that I may sell.

A Kimber Montana in .223 would sure be handy...
I stopped in one store today, actually to get some Swiss Black powder. I glanced over and they had one AR on the rack. The salesman proudly told me , "it's the last AR for sale in Houston!"

It was a Black Rain. Probably a very well made rifle. Spiral fluted barrel, fancy brake, quad rail, Magpul telescoping UBR stock.

The price was $2300+

If it were $500 less I might have bought it and just got busy bead blasting the thing to get rid of the morbid graphics, but as it was, I passed smile

Those things are ugly but they have one in brown that ain't too bad. I wouldn't mind having one as a coyote gun but not for that price.
Good luck, you cannot find parts anywhere. Hell, I ordered a gas tube two weeks ago that hasn't shown up yet. Everything is backordered.

I ordered all the parts to complete both of the stripped lowers i have stashed away. Brownell's and Midway had all the parts in stock.

The price was $2300+

My closest Bass Pro had these for I believe $1,800-$2,000 before the chaos.
I picked up a DD upper a few days ago, at the normal price.

Thinking about dumping the AK, even though it would be interesting to work up loads for it.
© 24hourcampfire