Home
Posted By: kennyd sound commercial on forum? - 10/03/13
Anyone else getting an "autobahn" commercial when they open any threads? It is way more irritating than popups. Either I have a virus or will have to stay off this.
Posted By: BrentD Re: sound commercial on forum? - 10/03/13
No, it's just another ad, not a virus - can't have too many ads on 24hr.
Posted By: deflave Re: sound commercial on forum? - 10/03/13
Yes.

Travis
Posted By: ingwe Re: sound commercial on forum? - 10/03/13
Other members told me to install free ad blocker. It worked.
I have ad blocker but it still got through. I have a mute button on my keyboard that silences it nicely.
Kenny, chances are it's a video ad at the very bottom of the page. Next time you hear it scroll to the very bottom and see.
It's that @#$%^ John Deere ad.
Posted By: joken2 Re: sound commercial on forum? - 10/03/13
I used to get some from time to time but not any longer since I installed an ad blocking program that blocks ALL the advertising, not just the pop up ads. The ones I got were both audio and video ads for all sorts of things coming from one of the advertising windows. I thought maybe I had picked up a virus too but blocking the ads put a stop to all of it.
Google Chrome with AdBlock works for me. No annoying videos.
Posted By: Waders Re: sound commercial on forum? - 10/03/13
I was having this same problem with that annoying commercial. I use Chrome as my browser and just googled "Google Chrome ad blocker" and the first result is the ad blocker extension. It installed with about 3 mouse clicks. Now I'm ad free! All because I read this thread. Thanks!
Somehow it was getting by my Firefox AdBlocker. However, for an unrelated reason I had to reboot the computer and now it's gone.
© 24hourcampfire