Home
Posted By: boilerpig1 Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18
I've been looking at the 37 hp Mahindra to replace my 1973 35 hp International. The Deere's are running a close 2nd but former would be more convenient for parts and service. Any qualified opinions on their equipment?
What are the advantages / disadvantages of the HST transmission? Any useful pieces of infomation on choosing a new tractor would be helpful.

Thanks.. BP...
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18
I have a 4510C Mahindra. 45hp/38hp @ the PTO.

It's a tough little SOB.

Used it for clearing roads and fencelines after the hurricane, because it was small enough to go down the fenceline as I cut huge downed oaks. It turned a months long project into a couple days.

I also use it for shredding at the Olive Farm between rows of trees. I use it for the post hole digger, and rotary tiller in putting in food plots. I also use it to distribute round bales weighing 1500-1600lbs.

So I use it hard. wink

Mine has the synchro shuttle transmission. I personally wouldn't own an HST trans.... anything. If you road the tractor at all, it can ruin the transmission. Expensive fix.

I would step up to whatever gets you out of the HST transmission. wink My tractor mechanic has told me the horror stories.
Posted By: Toddly Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18
I can't speak for the Mahindra, but I would never go without hydrostatic transmission. Sure it eats a little bit of horsepower but not enough to ever notice. Moving from forward to reverse in an instant saves lots of time when doing loader work. 4wd is also a must! Oh, and if you don't have a loader and a box blade you are crazy, two of the best implements ever invented.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18

have an 2010 Kioti CK35....bought new.....4x4.......

shuttle gear....yes....FEL is a must......use the 12" PHD alot.......

landscape rake......yes.....tiller too......been a solid...trouble free machine

23 acres to keep up......Mahindra are well known too in my area....
Posted By: hanco Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18
Is it cheaper than a Kubota?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18
I have the 1538 with FEL and Backhoe attachment, 4WD

Out the door for 29k cash

I wouldn't have the hst, i opted for the shuttle

I don't want bull sh it problems a few yrs down the road due to hills. I ain't zippin around doing spinny winny loop de loop sheyott anyway.

7 yr warranty on drivetrain, so if you can trash an hst inside that hope they decide it's due to defect than dive in. It's another 1800$ or was on mine.

Also mine doesn't require DEF and they engineered it not to fall under that epa DPF filter requirement of 25hp thresholds.
Posted By: boilerpig1 Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18
Originally Posted by hanco

I haven't compared to Kubota. I drove a ways to talk to the dealer but I guess I didn't look like I had enough money. Salesman handed me a brochure and sent me on my way.

BP...
Originally Posted by boilerpig1

I haven't compared to Kubota. I drove a ways to talk to the dealer but I guess I didn't look like I had enough money. Salesman handed me a brochure and sent me on my way.

BP...

That wasn't Cliff Jones Mahindra was it?

I called about a new Mahindra 125hp tractor, and they blew me off.

I actually thought about calling their sales manager or owner to report it...
I bought mine in an adjacent state, 3 hour drive; that alone save me nearly $2,000 in taxes and they delivered free.

also, $300 discount on your second implement at time of transaction.
Posted By: boilerpig1 Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by boilerpig1

BP...

That wasn't Cliff Jones Mahindra was it?

I called about a new Mahindra 125hp tractor, and they blew me off.

I actually thought about calling their sales manager or owner to report it...

Not the Mahindra dealer but the Kubota dealer.
Don't go to Cliff Jones then... laugh
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18
I've known 2 guys who had a Mahindra. One loves his, the other hated his. A lot of the likes, or dislikes, of owning a piece of equipment, barring the obvious of how it performs, is the dealer and the availability of parts and service. That's where the big boys, such as Deere, Case-IH, New Holland, and Kubota, usually have the edge. No slam on Mahindra, or any other lesser known brand, if I had a choice between them and say, Deere, and the price was close, I'd pick Deere.
My dealer is running for(R) Alabama state legislature, also had a 40ft MAGA banner on the building, and seven great pyrenees dogs wandering the lot greeting people.

can't beat that

I can also send the shop/parts foreman an email about a this or that on my tractor and the fella will reply within 2-3 mins nearly every time. Even at 4:59pm on a Friday. Hahaha

One thing i noticed with mine. With the shuttle. Also with the FEL
safety non-start mechanism

You have to be in nuetral, clutch in and held, and brake mashed AND my loader has to be below the line of sight over end and apparently hold your mouth just right. Learned that the other day with a scoop of mulch. Had to lower the fel back almost to the ground to restart it.
Posted By: lotech Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18
I'm not a tractor guy, but when I had a 195 acre place in North Texas, I bought a new 35 horsepower, 3-cylinder four-wheel-drive Kubota diesel with bucket and other implements. Used it for a very trouble free five years and sold it quickly for a good price when I moved to town. I prefer manual transmissions and that's what my tractor had. I could see no disadvantage to such a choice. I think my riding lawnmower may have used more fuel than the Kubota. I buy everything with resale in mind.
Posted By: Texczech Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/18/18
We looked at a 30 hp Kubota with a front end loader with HST, it was a hair under $30,000. We ended up buying a Mahindra 26 hp with shuttle shift, 5' shredder, boxblade,5'tiller, brush piler, front end loader, 4wd, and an18' heavey duty trailer for a hair under $25,000. The money was a factor but the way the salesman treated us at Mahindra was the main reason we went Mahindra. Kubota New Holland and Mahindra locally are all owned by the same county judge. We have gone back and bought small parts and have been treated like family. My four and five year old grandkids have been with us every time we've been there and when the kids ask questions they are treated like adults. First place we went to look was at John Deere, I was there for 2 hours and was the only customer there and never got to talk to a salesman. I don't have a lot of experience to compare the Mahindra to because it's been 20 years since I've been on a tractor but so far our local dealer has stood behind their products and I have been happy with them. I recently inherited 34 raw acres out in the country and my son in law and I have been pulling saplings. I went to the dealer to ask about the roots left behind and how best to pull them up and he told us that if it was him he'd use a middle buster or subsoiler for digging the roots up and it has worked like a charm. He sold us one that he had in stock for two or three years for half price just to get it out of his inventory. If we had to do it all over again knowing what we know now, we'd buy the Mahindra all over again.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
Originally Posted by Toddly
I can't speak for the Mahindra, but I would never go without hydrostatic transmission.
I'm just the opposite. I only like the hydro trans for snow blowing.. Other than that, gimme GEARS!! After 60+ years of running geared tractors with the clutch on the LEFT and the brakes on the RIGHT - going to a hydro where it's all reversed just doesn't work for me.. It would have been easier if they'd put the 'go' pedals on the left and kept the brakes on the right....but NOOOOOOOOO.. Grr.
Sure it eats a little bit of horsepower but not enough to ever notice. Moving from forward to reverse in an instant saves lots of time when doing loader work.
Last tractor I had with gears took maybe .5 seconds to go from F to R.. Big deal.. Plus - that one had a foot throttle - an item missing from this new one.
4wd is also a must! Oh, and if you don't have a loader and a box blade you are crazy, two of the best implements ever invented.
No question.. smile
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
New Holland is the best selling tractor in the world.
Posted By: hanco Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
I have a 45 horse Kubota, so does my son in law and neighbor. They are all about 12 years old, no problems.

Make sure you get 4-Wheel drive and a front end loader.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18

I have a NH Boomer TC 33D, HST mid mower . My wife cuts the grass and she does Ok with it. It has a governor problem ...NH cannot figure out. I bought it new . I would not buy another. I also have a older kubota , bought new , about 45 HP shuttle trans. oil leaks , electrical problems . I have less than 250 hrs. on it . I have had a bunch of JD equipment. WOUND NOT HAVE another tractor , TOO many problems to list. I have crawlers also .
I looked at the Mahindras and at the time , the final drive was a bull gear on their bigger tractors. I like the bull gear finals.

But, But , if and when I buy a new 35 -40 HP tractor I will give a good hard look at the Massey/ Fergusson.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
If you’re doing alot of loader work, then an HST is nice.

Dealer support is huge. I don’t have a good Mahindra dealer so I opted not to get a Mahindra.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
Nobody that I know that has a New Holland likes it or would buy another one. Our local dealer dropped them and went to Mahindra. Everybody that I know that has a Mahindra likes it. Me, I have a 1978 Ford 5600, still going strong.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
I had a 45 HP Kubota, 4wd and loader. Nice tractor, but I needed to do some work on it, so I got a chance to sell it for a profit. Bought a 45 HP New Holland, 4wd with loader, and with rear remotes, something the Kubota lacked. Both brands are good, but in that size tractor, the Kubotas usually have a slight edge, or so they say. Wouldn't have a hydrostat in that size tractor if I was going to be doing fieldwork with it, which I do. The shuttle shift works just fine.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18

here's the other orange tractor.......built in South Korea....but has black bucket

in 2010 paid $17400 IIRC.....farm tax exempt so no sales tax

FEL..rake.....box scraper included at that time....now added brush hog...tiller..12" PHD

just getting ready for 3rd hydraulic filter & fluid change..motor oil changes are a breeze.........Rotella T6

again trouble free shuttle drive..3 cyl diesel....34 actual HP with 27 HP @ the PTO (per manual)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
When you guys say shuttle I'm assuming that's the same a left hand reversor?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
Originally Posted by SamOlson
When you guys say shuttle I'm assuming that's the same a left hand reversor?

Yessir.

My Case has the power shuttle. Same type shifter, but you don't need to work the clutch, just forward or reverse.
Okay, gotcha, that's what I figured.

LHR's are great for baling and loader work.

And running MFWD tractors makes a guy wonder how you ever got along with a 2WD...
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
You still shift gears for the ground speed?
Power Shuttle transmission... Explained simply.

My Case has this. My Mahindra shifts at the same location, but you have to use the clutch.

Originally Posted by wabigoon
You still shift gears for the ground speed?

yep.......high/low range with total 8 gears forward/reverse

4x4 with diff lock also.........

works great too for getting that fat buck back to the barn.............. crazy

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ironbender Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

NH is made by Mahindra, correct?
Or hogs...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ironbender

NH is made by Mahindra, correct?

No.

New Holland and Case are the same company. Much like GMC & Chevy pickups. The parent company is CNH... (Case/New Holland)

No relation to Mahindra.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
The large ones, maybe. Mahindra is the best selling small tractor maker.
I checked a few places and seemingly every one has a different "best" version..

From TenInsider:

Ten "best" in the world.. :

10 Claas Tractor
9 Kubota
8 Deutz-Fahr
7 Ford Performance vehicles
6 Caterpillar Inc.
5 Fendt
4 New Holland Tractors
3 Case IH
2 Massey Ferguson
1 John Deere
Top 10 Best Tractors Brand in the World

Next:

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-tractor-brands/werner-brandes

1 JD
2 MF
3 NH
4 Case/IH
5 Fendt
6 Caterpillar
7 Deutz
8 Ford
9 Kubota
10 CLAAS

It's basically "meh" - whichever has a GOOD dealer nearest to you IMHO is about as important as whether it's green, red, yellow, blue etc..

Back in the mid-70s, I was looking for a 40hp +/- tractor that fit my needs re: general ag field work.. I checked every local dealer around and the ONLY one that fit everything at the time was Satoh. Bought two - one in 2WD the other in 4WD.. Man, did they work out well. Tough little bastids and CHEAP to run.. Had the 4WD for 25 years before I traded for a JD 4210 compact. Looked at the NH ones at that time but the JD was so much better built/stronger all the way 'round.. Traded that one 2 years ago for a JD 3039R. Love it sans the hydro trans.. I should have ordered a stick, but that's history now.. But it's literally built like a tank. HD all the way 'round and then some. I should be able to keep this one till I'm dead. smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
Tractors are a long term purchase and I’ve learned the hard way to stick with first tier companies that are going to have support and parts available for generations. That means to me Kubota, Deere, Case/New Holland, or Agco(Massey Ferguson). Even though the others might make decent tractors the headaches with acquiring parts 15 years from now when mahindra might or might not have a good dealer presence is the U.S. has to be factored into the decision. It’s kind of the same as with optics, zen ray might be “ almost as good as Zeiss” for a fraction of the price but how about trying to get parts now?

Mahindra is an Indian owned company and everyone that has dealt with Indians (I have) can tell you that they’re cutthroats that will promise you the world then screw you as soon as they have your money. Yes, they’re a huge tractor company but that is because they sell mostly to the third world, I’m not willing to accept the same level of quality or service that a goat farmer in Kenya will live with.

The only way I’d consider a Mahindra would be if it were half the price of a name brand.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
My JD was cheaper than Mahindra and Kubota for a comparable tractor. Easy decision.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
Will Mahindra throw in one of their 'Jeeps' as a free option?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
Originally Posted by Hastings
Nobody that I know that has a New Holland likes it or would buy another one. Our local dealer dropped them and went to Mahindra. Everybody that I know that has a Mahindra likes it. Me, I have a 1978 Ford 5600, still going strong.

The only new tractor I've ever purchased was a Ford 5600, bought the first year they sold them here, 1976. I put 8,000 hours on it, and it was still running, when it caught on fire after I'd pulled in the shed and went to the house. Burned it and 2 other tractors up, as well as a new 6 row planter. Good tractor though, they don't build like that anymore.
Posted By: Toddly Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
I’m probably going to regret getting in this discussion but its all about what you want. Someone here said they didn’t want an hst because they didn’t need to pop wheelies and some other BS. When I went to buy my Tractor I wanted something to use for the next 20 years without worry. I wasn’t looking at just price. My previous 2 tractors were geared and after working on a hydrostatic I was spoiled. It boiled down to the Kubota and the Deere. I chose the Deere because It suited my needs to work hard and work fast.
My time is worth something. With big lift capacity, hst transmission, cushy seat, Rubber dampening, rear take offs, MFWD, and great service dept. now after 1200 hours and 4 years my 3320 never needed anything but fluid changes. My only regret AT TIMES, was not going up one more size. At the time I was looking at either the 2 or 3 series, so I did go to the bigger at the time.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18

And running MFWD tractors makes a guy wonder how you ever got along with a 2WD...

Yep. Now you can get WAY out in the mud before you get stuck! smile
Doesn't seem to matter how much horsepower you get, sooner or later you tackle a job where you wish you had more. I keep trying to ask myself, how much do I need 95% of the time? If I really need more now and again, I'll rent it.
Originally Posted by Toddly
I’m probably going to regret getting in this discussion but its all about what you want. Someone here said they didn’t want an hst because they didn’t need to pop wheelies and some other BS. When I went to buy my Tractor I wanted something to use for the next 20 years without worry. I wasn’t looking at just price. My previous 2 tractors were geared and after working on a hydrostatic I was spoiled. It boiled down to the Kubota and the Deere. I chose the Deere because It suited my needs to work hard and work fast.
My time is worth something. With big lift capacity, hst transmission, cushy seat, Rubber dampening, rear take offs, MFWD, and great service dept. now after 1200 hours and 4 years my 3320 never needed anything but fluid changes. My only regret AT TIMES, was not going up one more size. At the time I was looking at either the 2 or 3 series, so I did go to the bigger at the time.

[Linked Image]
I noticed your loader - you got the better of the two available; yours reaches a higher distance than the other.. Height was a big factor in choosing the H165 for my 3039R - my previous tractor's FEL just didn't reach high enough.

Your loader and mine are virtually identical in specs.. Glad you got used to the hydro so easily.. FWIW, I still miss gears - but I'd be OK if they would have just reversed the pedals placement - brakes on the RIGHT and F/R pedals on the LEFT.. I guess it's just 'cause I'm an old dog and can't learn many new tricks.. laugh laugh
Posted By: Huntz Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Tractors are a long term purchase and I’ve learned the hard way to stick with first tier companies that are going to have support and parts available for generations. That means to me Kubota, Deere, Case/New Holland, or Agco(Massey Ferguson). Even though the others might make decent tractors the headaches with acquiring parts 15 years from now when mahindra might or might not have a good dealer presence is the U.S. has to be factored into the decision. It’s kind of the same as with optics, zen ray might be “ almost as good as Zeiss” for a fraction of the price but how about trying to get parts now?

Mahindra is an Indian owned company and everyone that has dealt with Indians (I have) can tell you that they’re cutthroats that will promise you the world then screw you as soon as they have your money. Yes, they’re a huge tractor company but that is because they sell mostly to the third world, I’m not willing to accept the same level of quality or service that a goat farmer in Kenya will live with.

The only way I’d consider a Mahindra would be if it were half the price of a name brand.

^^^^^^
A wise man.
Originally Posted by Huntz

^^^^^^
A wise man.

Down here, Mahindra IS a name brand.

I've sure had less trouble with my Mahindra than I have my Case that cost 3 times more. wink

Each to his own, but I make a good portion of my living sitting on my tractors. It's not a hobby thing with me.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18

Sorry.

Mahindra Tractors is an international farm equipment manufacturer of Mahindra & Mahindra. In 2010, Mahindra became the world's highest-selling tractor brand by volume. Mahindra's largest consumer base is in India, China, North America, and a growing market in Australia.
Originally Posted by Redneck
I checked a few places and seemingly every one has a different "best" version..

From TenInsider:

Ten "best" in the world.. :

10 Claas Tractor
9 Kubota
8 Deutz-Fahr
7 Ford Performance vehicles
6 Caterpillar Inc.
5 Fendt
4 New Holland Tractors
3 Case IH
2 Massey Ferguson
1 John Deere
Top 10 Best Tractors Brand in the World

Next:

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-tractor-brands/werner-brandes

1 JD
2 MF
3 NH
4 Case/IH
5 Fendt
6 Caterpillar
7 Deutz
8 Ford
9 Kubota
10 CLAAS

John Deere is the No. 1 Brand.
Not the sales leader, though.
Posted By: Whisky Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
Originally Posted by Huntz

^^^^^^
A wise man.

Down here, Mahindra IS a name brand.

I've sure had less trouble with my Mahindra than I have my Case that cost 3 times more. wink

Each to his own, but I make a good portion of my living sitting on my tractors. It's not a hobby thing with me.

Clearly geography plays a huge part in brand recognition. I would have thought Mahindra to be a no name brand also. Up in these parts you really got two options for SCUTs, Deere or Kubota. I went with Deere because of proximity to dealers for parts and service, and it will hold it's value far better then the others, at least locally. My second choice would have been Kubota.

For my needs a HST tranny was a requirement. Primary use was with a rear snow blower and I couldn't imagine running one without HST. Secondary use is for food plots and yard work. I haven't used it enough in the flood plots with ground engagement implements to know if the HST will be bad or good. I did read that that was tougher on the HSTs. Time will tell. For loader work the HST is awesome.
Posted By: blanket Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/19/18
NH smaller tractors are LS made in Korea
Originally Posted by blanket

Tractors are made all over the world today.

John Deeres made in China, Mexico and elsewhere.

Case/New Hollands in Italy and Mexico as well as some in the Far East.

Mahindras in India, and surprise... the USA as well.

If someone is looking for an American Made Tractor, they are probably SOL. wink

As are Montana, Branson, Kioti & McCormick.
NH "assembles" "their" blue LS New Hollands in Georgia....or somewhere down there.

I'm rather partial to the Waterloo, Iowa, USA made tractors myself......

Of course they're all 15-20 years old. Gotta start slummin' the German versions these days.
Originally Posted by wageslave

As are Montana, Branson, Kioti & McCormick.
NH "assembles" "their" blue LS New Hollands in Georgia....or somewhere down there.
and an Asian market John Deere is made in the same plant in Korea as are the others

I'm rather partial to the Waterloo, Iowa, USA made tractors myself......

That's what I wish I'd gotten instead of that spankin' new Case a couple years back.

Tell ya what... I'll trade ya straight across for the one you did find... Whatdaya say?

I'm poutin'...........

you guys don't like my Kioti.........

It has too much power........stretching 12 gauge 2 pt wire today........

low range/low gear.....4x4.....fuggin' wire broke.......

said ...bull schidt......time for the recliner & a cold beverage.......... crazy
I have no problem with Kioti's.
All compacts are not made here...
I don't have any problem with Pacific rim tractors, eastern European tractors are a different story.
Belarus!

Barry, sorry, no trade. Well maybe if you threw in a case of Coors Light...
Long
Been thinking real strong about a 45hp LS with a cab and hydrostat for moving snow. Wife can't drive or chain up my JD but think she would the LS
Posted By: wageslave Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/20/18
My buddy bought a LS about a year ago with a cab and it's nice. (50 hp).
Same NH was $12000 more here. Just different decals.... smile
That's not a misprint, btw.
Posted By: funshooter Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/20/18
Waiting for my Kubota MX5800 to be finished and delivered.

60 HP and 50 HP at the PTO
Japanese Built assembled in Georgia.

Kubota has a better small tractor reputation that the JD tractors do with the contractors and Operators that I have talked to over the past several years.

Some of the Small JD tractors are made in India as well as China
Posted By: BossHawg Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/20/18
Originally Posted by slumlord

I don't want bull sh it problems a few yrs down the road due to hills. I ain't zippin around doing spinny winny loop de loop sheyott anyway.

7 yr warranty on drivetrain, so if you can trash an hst inside that hope they decide it's due to defect than dive in. It's another 1800$ or was on mine.

Also mine doesn't require DEF and they engineered it not to fall under that epa DPF filter requirement of 25hp thresholds.

I bet you can cut Ren all kinds of shooting lanes with that.
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/20/18

did you also get the optional pissbag containment system?

I've heard it's not cheap but damn near a necessity

they engineered it not to fall under that epa DPF filter requirement of 25hp thresholds.

wait... whut??

you paid $29k for 25hp??? bwahahahahahaha

ya know they sell lawnmowers at Homo Depot for $1500 a pop
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/20/18
There is an LS dealership a few miles down the road from me. I can pull my TC45A NH up next to a similar size LS, and they're pretty much the same tractor, so one can see the "family" resemblance. When I buy a piece of equipment, I usually end up keeping it a long time, but I also take a look at the resale value. The name brand tractors......Deere, Case-IH, New Holland, and Kubota, most always have a much higher resale value when compared to Mahindra, LS, Kioti, and the like. That in no way means the name brands are better, though they usually have some advantages. If I were buying a new tractor, with no intention of ever selling it in my lifetime, I'd probably take a hard look at something like the LS tractors. But, if I were the kind of farmer who traded every few years, I'd definitely stick with something like Deere.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/20/18
Originally Posted by Seminole39

they engineered it not to fall under that epa DPF filter requirement of 25hp thresholds.

wait... whut??

You haven't shopped for tractors lately, have ya? smile The compact, or sub-compact, tractors ain't cheap - not matter who makes 'em.. Besides, that FEL and the backhoe run big bux just by themselves.. Add 'em together, figuring tax etc., and $29K isn't bad at all..
[/quote] You haven't shopped for tractors lately, have ya? smile The compact, or sub-compact, tractors ain't cheap - not matter who makes 'em.. Besides, that FEL and the backhoe run big bux just by themselves.. Add 'em together, figuring tax etc., and $29K isn't bad at all..

you got me there

I don't usually shop for toys
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/20/18
I think it makes a difference as to where the dealer is located.In Colorado Springs,both Deere and Kubota dealers are a$$'s. Go down to Pueblo and even better La Junta and you are treated as family.

I looked at Deere, Kubota, Kiota, Mahindra, and all the others. I settled on the Kubota. Reliability, ease of getting parts, after purchase service,resale value trumped the $$$ 's.There are few Mahindras around here and I hear several complaints about them
Posted By: Redneck Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/20/18
You haven't shopped for tractors lately, have ya? smile The compact, or sub-compact, tractors ain't cheap - not matter who makes 'em.. Besides, that FEL and the backhoe run big bux just by themselves.. Add 'em together, figuring tax etc., and $29K isn't bad at all..

you got me there

I don't usually shop for toys

The Home Depot mower's a toy.. smile

Why should a person obtain/buy a 100hp $90K tractor when the entire work/area involved is easily handled by a $29K unit? Actually, I'm a bit "over-tractored" here - with 4.8A and a 39hp JD 3039R.

Posted By: saddlesore Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/20/18

wait... whut??

My new 2017 Kubota was $19K out the door,including QC bucket, 6 ft blade and 3 ft hay spears.Prime consideration was being able to lift 3x3x 8 ,bales yet small enough to work in confined spaces.

Darn shame they don't make tractors that held up like the old Ford 8N or 9N and easy to work on.
Posted By: blanket Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/20/18
my 31hp zero turn lawn mower was $13500 4 years ago. Matter of perspective
Posted By: NoDak Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/21/18
Do either Kubota or Mahindra do attachments like a belly mower and front mounted snow blowers?

Thanks
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Mahindra Tractors - 03/21/18
Don't know about the belly mount. Maybe on smaller ones. To get a front mount blower, you have to add additional hydraulic ports and have lines run to the front. Friend had one, but it was on 50 HP
tractor as I recall
© 24hourcampfire