Home
My trigger is 3.5 pounds which I know isn’t bad. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these? Would like to get to about 2.5

Thanks
did a trigger job for a friend, honed the surfaces and played with springs, got just under 2 pounds, he was happy with it right there, wanted to take it to 1 pound, it can be done
Are you a gunsmith? As in, for hire?
Originally Posted by steveredd1
did a trigger job for a friend, honed the surfaces and played with springs, got just under 2 pounds, he was happy with it right there, wanted to take it to 1 pound, it can be done

I sure hope those parts aren't surface hardened! If so, it won't be long and he'll have a 1lb trigger.
Originally Posted by Dinny

I sure hope those parts aren't surface hardened! If so, it won't be long and he'll have a 1lb trigger.

you dont know how to reheat treat metal, hmmmmmm

Metal, no. I do have a good idea how certain steels like A2 are heat treated. I wouldn't be surprised if Henry's trigger parts are made from sintered steel and are incapable of a full thickness heat treat.

Metal, no. I do have a good idea how certain steels like A2 are heat treated. I wouldn't be surprised if Henry's trigger parts are made from sintered steel and are incapable of a full thickness heat treat.

thry can be heat treated. ask me how i know, i done it
© 24hourcampfire