Home
Posted By: centershot Rock Rats.... - 03/18/24
A little early, I usually like to wait until about Mother's day when the little ones come out (more targets) but couldn't resist. Ended up shooting about 9 or 10. Rifle is a Howa Mini in .222Rem.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

........and these voles were everywhere. Quick little suckers that rarely stop. But when they do...Shot about a dozen of them with my .38spcl.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Rock Rats.... - 03/19/24
Originally Posted by centershot
A little early, I usually like to wait until about Mother's day when the little ones come out (more targets) but couldn't resist. Ended up shooting about 9 or 10. Rifle is a Howa Mini in .222Rem.

........and these voles were everywhere. Quick little suckers that rarely stop. But when they do...Shot about a dozen of them with my .38spcl.
do you think the mild wet winters have caused the voles to explode in population?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Rock Rats.... - 03/19/24
What a crazy mild wet valley winter

Nuthin like last winter

Ruger 17M2 busted a dozen (farm) dogs so far

Diggin SOB's

Posted By: Aspencreek Re: Rock Rats.... - 03/20/24
Nice! Yeah, I'm always conflicted on when to start taking some of them. Don't want to leave pups to perish if I can avoid it, but never quite sure when that would happen.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Rock Rats.... - 03/20/24
I miss shooting those guys. When I lived in the Nlack Hills it was a great thing to do on a Sunday afternoon.
Posted By: centershot Re: Rock Rats.... - 03/20/24
Not sure what the deal is with the Voles but they are everywhere. The population has been booming for at least the last 5 or 6 years.
© 24hourcampfire