Home
Carlos Pacheco of France shot a new 200 meter World Record group in last weeks World Championships in France. The size of the group measured .089.

[Linked Image]

The United States Teams won first and second.
The team aggregate for the first place team was .212 MOA. This was the 5 shooters on the team's aggregate for 50-100meter groups and 50-200 meter groups. Most of us would have a hard time shooting one group that size let alone 100 of them. The second place USA team ave. .222 MOA.
This was Gene Buky's second World's championship in a row. He set a 2 gun aggregate World record of .194 MOA for his 20 groups. He is from Houston, Tx. Mike Ratigan of Woodward, Okla. was a close second with a .195 MOA.
Just some fantastic shooting.
Butch
That is some fine fine shootin.
Cartridge/caliber. rifle, and optics?
Unreal.
The classes that they were shooting were the 10.5lbs and 13.5lbs rifles. The stocks are wood and carbon fiber laminates or carbon fiber and fiberglass. Probably 99% shoot the 6mmppc. It is a blown out and improved 220 Russian. March scopes are the most popular with Leupold being next. Most are from 36X to 60X. The most popular barrels are Bartlien and Kreiger with a few using Shilen. The receivers are Bat, Kelbly, Farley, and Stiller for the most part. Most use 66-68 grain bullets at 3300-3400FPS.

[Linked Image]
This is Michael Kavanaugh's Stiller drop port rifle.

[Linked Image]
This is Mustafa Bilal's Bat receivered rifle.

2 styles or types of stocks. The top is fiberglass and Kevlar and the second is wood and Kevlar laminate.
Butch

The bottom rifle kind of looks like a sleeved Remington M788
action.
Pretty good shootin' for a frog. Now get back to work over there and fix your economy!
Jericho, It is a multi faceted Bat receiver. Bigwhoop, maybe we need to send obama over there to help them with their problems.
Butch
.089 @200m is extraordinary. Thanks for the pics Butch.
I remember the time I shot at kelbys, a guy by the name of Roy Leckembey shot a .059 at 100 on the very first relay.
I thought I was just wasting my time.
The rest of his groups wern't near that tight.
And in the end, he didnt even place half way up the standings.

Still .089 at 200.
Just just great shooting there.
The 6mmPPC rules.

dave
Butch,
Last weekend I did my first practice at the Ridgeway rifle club for 1000 yard bench rest silhouette.
My first match will be next Sunday.
Stick a fork in me.Im all done.

dave
Originally Posted by BarryC
Unreal.
+1 very impressive.
Scratching my head...Where is the dime? LOL.

Very nice!
200 Groups under 1/4" for record. Must have had some great conditions. That is amazing
200 Groups averaging under 1/4" for record. Must have had some great conditions. That is amazing
0.089" goes into 1/4 inch about 2.809 times. I.e. that group was way under one fourth inch.
I was writing about the agg, not the individual group
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Carlos Pacheco of France shot a new 200 meter World Record group in last weeks World Championships in France. The size of the group measured .089.

[Linked Image]

The United States Teams won first and second.
The team aggregate for the first place team was .212 MOA. This was the 5 shooters on the team's aggregate for 50-100meter groups and 50-200 meter groups. Most of us would have a hard time shooting one group that size let alone 100 of them. The second place USA team ave. .222 MOA.
This was Gene Buky's second World's championship in a row. He set a 2 gun aggregate World record of .194 MOA for his 20 groups. He is from Houston, Tx. Mike Ratigan of Woodward, Okla. was a close second with a .195 MOA.
Just some fantastic shooting.
Butch

I couldsn't shoot a group like that at 10 yards smile

ddj
I couldn't do it with the target taped to the end of my barrel.......

George
All I can say is Wow!
I have shot 100, one shot groups like that. . . . . . grin

Frickin' Awesome shooting.

BMT
So that's what anal retentive gets you....... wink smile

Originally Posted by Dutch

Yes Sir. smile

dave
Originally Posted by Dutch

That's what drive, determination, experience and attention to detail gets you. cool -Al
Do you ever hear little voices in your head? They�re telling you to practice! Congrats to the shooter and the rest of the competitors.

Shooting Badly

His pulsing brow was badly pissing,
All day his shots were always missing.
Not fair in time to miss the mark,
The target laughed. Its bull still dark.

The frame guffawed. The backing booed.
He thought them all extremely rude.
The berm called out, "Hey, over here!
Your shooting stinks! It has all year."

And to the noise that fed his rage.
Some kids cried out, "It's all your age!
Your eyesight's poor. Your hold is bad.
Time to give it up now, dad!�

Just one more time, the shooter thought,
To try and punch one small, white dot.
His concentration and grip still held,
This was his chance to quell the crowd.

With superhuman effort showing,
He took his aim, the tension growing.
A little squeeze, a little luck,
A lot of shame, he shot a duck!

He still missed the bull tho...
That's the difference between precision and accuracy. His group is very precise, but not very accurate, although in bench rest accuracy is basically meaningless and precision is how you win.

In a hunting situation, accuracy is more important than precision.

Fast Ed
Fast Ed,
I think that would have killed an animal at 200yds. Are you that close shooting at an animal at 100yds let alone 200yds? I knew if the thread lasted a while it would get a wise azz remark.
Butch
Originally Posted by Fast_Ed
His group is very precise, but not very accurate, although in bench rest accuracy is basically meaningless and precision is how you win.

Baloney.

He had the accuracy to be able to put 5 into one hole......

And he had the precision to put four more shots into the first hole.

People love to point out that the groups aren't in the middle, when, in fact, you don't want to print your group there, as it mucks up your aiming point.
Gentlemen,

My point is that in benchrest it does not matter at all WHERE the group is. That is accuracy. It only matters how small it is. That is precision. I am not saying that benchrest shooters could not be accurate, only that it doesn't matter to them to be accurate. The aiming point vs. the group location is accuracy. It doesn't matter in benchrest. As aalf mentioned, perfect accuracy in benchrest can be a detriment as it screws up the aiming point. It doesn't matter how far the bullet holes are from the aiming point.

In hunting situations it is just the opposite. Accuracy, i.e. bullet placement, is paramount and whether your gun shoots .2" or 2" doesn't matter nearly as much. It also doesn't matter much if your second shot, should you need one, is .2" from the first or 2" from the first. It does matters how far your bullet holes are from the aiming point.

Fast Ed
These groups were actually fired from a Remington 700 CDL in .30-06 using 165 grain Core-Lokts and a Nikon Prostaff 3-9X40.
Originally Posted by Swampman700
These groups were actually fired from a Remington 700 CDL in .30-06 using 165 grain Core-Lokts and a Nikon Prostaff 3-9X40.

BESTUS IN THE WORLD
Fast Ed,
Did I mention hunting when I started this thread? What do you have to offer that is relevant to this thread?
Butch
Butch,thank for posting that...
To those that don't get it,it's a Benchrest thing,there IS a lot that goes into putting something like this together and without this peak of the sport,we would not have the fine equiment,bullets,brass,barrels and primers we have today.They are a very anal bunch and deserve every bit of attention they get.They have added a lot to the world of rifles we know today....
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Pretty good shootin' for a frog. Now get back to work over there and fix your economy!

with a Mexican Name no less...

heck, I shoot groups like that all the time at 200 meters...

but then the second shot messes the hole thing up and I have to start over again... grin
Originally Posted by GeorgeS3
I couldn't do it with the target taped to the end of my barrel.......

George

Try 3M Blue Painters Tape on the barrel...

it makes all the difference in the world... smile
Fast Ed,
Is this what you are talking about? This was shot in Phoenix, Az a couple years ago. 200yds and measured .093 or around .050MOA.
[Linked Image]

Butch
Originally Posted by Fast_Ed
Gentlemen, My point is that in benchrest it does not matter at all WHERE the group is. That is accuracy. It only matters how small it is. That is precision. I am not saying that benchrest shooters could not be accurate, only that it doesn't matter to them to be accurate. Fast Ed

There are two types of Benchrest...Group and Score.

In Score Benchrest, the 'X' is a 1/16" (.0625) dot inside the 10 ring @ 100 yds. At 200 yds, the 'X' dot is 1/8" (.125).

The name of the Score Benchrest game is great accuracy with great precision.

Good shootin'. -Al
Fast Ed,
Did I mention hunting when I started this thread? What do you have to offer that is relevant to this thread?
Butch

The shooter in question is VERY precise. That is the nature of benchrest. I congratulate him for his precision. I applaud the benchrest community for their research and testing that leads to more precise rifles for all of us. I have neither the skill nor the equipment to shoot a group like that and freely admit it. If I had the equipment it wouldn't matter because I don't have the skill either. This was a great accomplishment.

I just wanted to point out the semantic difference between precision and accuracy. I did not mean to minimize his skill or disparage the benchrest community, or anything else.

Lighten up.

Fast Ed
© 24hourcampfire