Home
Posted By: petr Moose - 08/10/10
I got some. Now what do I do with it?

Any ideas? How does it compare to elk? Treat like any other super lean meat and cook slow?

Favorite recipes?

I am thinking crock pot, but I am open.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Moose - 08/10/10
What cuts? I love moose. Better than elk IMHO, but I have only killed 2 moose and several elk. Mine was very lean. I like the steaks with a bit of seasoned flour on them and fried in oil (take your pick)
Posted By: 3sixbits Re: Moose - 08/21/10
I've eaten a heck of a Lot of moose in my life and my favorite way to have it is inn a stew, just like a beef stew. Back in the 70's I used to be able to tell you when they walked into the store who was from out of town and lived on moose meat by just the way they smelled, had sort of a smoked smell from the meat.
Posted By: loes1267 Re: Moose - 08/24/10
Do cook slow. Roasts are best in crock pot or cooked low on BBQ, but crock keeps more moisture. The three moose I have eaten have been very lean. Steaks are good cut to smaller bite-size style and breaded. 1st coat them in flour, salt, pepper mixture. Then dip in milk/egg mixture. Finally coat in Italian seasoned bread crumbs. I had my burger made 80/20 and it is good in any dish you would use other burger in. I find patties to be bland and need alot of spicing up. I have mixed alot of my burger 2 lbs moose with 1 lb ground pork and used snack stick kits from Cabela's to make pepperoni and teriaki sticks. Both have been good. Jerky from smaller muscle scraps or roasts if you don't eat them other ways are also an option.
© 24hourcampfire