Home
Just Sayin'..............

Don't know about youse guys,

I may not be all horned up,

but thanks to several different makers, I can make a showing!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Music Made Knives (Gary Music) Skinner, 52100 steel and Buff horn.

Texas Knives, forged Damascus and Buff horn.

Tod Thayn, Thayn Custom Knives, Nessmuk interpretation, weathered L6 steel and Buff Horn

Tim Olt, Buffalo Skinner, 52100 steel, Buff horn.

Tim Olt, Beaver Knife, S35VN, Buff horn.

Tim Olt Lite Skinner, S35VN, Buff horn.

Tim Olt, 5" Skinner, CPM M4

Tim Olt, Frogman Pattern Camp Knife, S35VN, Buff horn

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dale Howe, Howe Mountain Knives, Buffalo Skinner (with Nessmuk influence) 3V steel, rams horn.

Left to right..... Menefee drop point hunter, TK Steingass Clay Alaskan Skinner ( according to TK, this was the first Clay Skinner he made), Brett Dowell, drop point hunter
Menefee and Steingass, 154CM steel, ram's horn. Dowell, D2, Ram's horn.

ya!

GWB
This is a Clint Chisan boning knife, fits well in the hand and works super!
Cat
Originally Posted by catnthehat
This is a Clint Chisan boning knife, fits well in the hand and works super!
Cat

Woodson has cajoled me in regards to Chisan knives.

Although I'm no longer a player and do not buy a bunch of knives these days, I'm bound to see if he would fashion one for me.

Good stuff guy!

ya!

GWB
Really like the matte finish on that one!!
Originally Posted by j_elky
Really like the matte finish on that one!!
Yeah, so do I ,it really grips well.
AEB-1 steel so it holds a decent edge but sharpens up with no issues at all!
Cat
Mas......

Tim Olt, Loveless pattern skinner, 154 CM Steel, Musk Ox

Mike Miller Bull Nose Skinner, 52100 Steel (IIRC), rams horn

Menefee Made skinner, 154 CM, Ram's horn

ya!

GWB
👍👍👍
Average person: " No one has a pile of skulls just sitting on their table!"

Me: Um ...
you continue to inspire me Glen smile
Always appreciate the time and effort he puts into his pics.
GW;
Good evening my friend, I hope the day down south behaved and you and your family are well.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection with us, much appreciated as always.

With apologies to you and those who've seen this pair before, this is my contribution to your horn handled knives thread.

These were my take on a pair of blades I ground out of Simonds D2 planer blades from the sawmill that used to be a stone's throw from our place.

The scales are California Bighorn ewe pickups that a long passed on friend gave to me and the sheath was something I made up in the shop as well.

[Linked Image]

There was a fellow somewhere in Alberta who was using a disc sander to get that different looking grind line, so that's what I was trying to copy, but found it tough to keep it as clean looking as I'd wanted.

Anyways sir, that's the two with horns from my collection.

All the very best to you all sir.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
you continue to inspire me Glen smile

Indeed.
My pics are nowhere near as nice as Glen's but here is "horn" ingram pic I took last weekend

Dude270
Nice work on the morels!
Originally Posted by longarm
Dude270
Nice work on the morels!

+1

ya,

GWB
Thanks fellows.
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by longarm
Dude270
Nice work on the morels!

+1

ya,

GWB

Smokin!
Big fan of the look of buffalo horn but avoid due to cracking/warping potential

Those look great though!
Some more horn-

Originally Posted by BC30cal
GW;
Good evening my friend, I hope the day down south behaved and you and your family are well.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection with us, much appreciated as always.

With apologies to you and those who've seen this pair before, this is my contribution to your horn handled knives thread.

These were my take on a pair of blades I ground out of Simonds D2 planer blades from the sawmill that used to be a stone's throw from our place.

The scales are California Bighorn ewe pickups that a long passed on friend gave to me and the sheath was something I made up in the shop as well.

[Linked Image]

There was a fellow somewhere in Alberta who was using a disc sander to get that different looking grind line, so that's what I was trying to copy, but found it tough to keep it as clean looking as I'd wanted.

Dwayne

Love those handles Dwayne! The knives don't suck either smile
Knice knives guys!
Very awesome!!

Todd
Where you guys getting your olt knives from?
Originally Posted by kowalski
Where you guys getting your olt knives from?

Ive bought directly from Tim.

Michiganroadkill on here.
Originally Posted by BC30cal
GW;

[Linked Image]

Dwayne

Good evening Dwayne,

Sure hope life is treating you well these days. And, there is no fire danger or threat in your neck of the woods.
We finally got some desperately needed moisture the last few days, to the tune of 4 glorious inches! Prairie went from brown to green in a matter of hours.
Shame it wasn't a drought breaker though. In a few days, it will be back to brown as the ground just sucked the rain in like a sponge.

Those knives of yours are are pretty darn nice indeed. Love the shape of the top one in particular. And that horn on both is excellent. Bet they are a pleasure to use.
I'm kind of envious of the fact that none of my knives have horn or bone for that matter incorporated in them. I will have to change that at some point I suppose.

Have a great day my friend,
Jeff
© 24hourcampfire