Home
Posted By: killindeer what pack do u use? - 10/20/13
bought me a new hunting pack this year - the Alps pursuit pack. im likin it but feeling like its a bit more pack than i really need. i think its 2700 cubic inches of space. i like it because it can carry your bow and has the organizational shelf as well. was just wondering what do u guys use ?? i mostly just whitetail hunt here around MS and Arkansas some
Posted By: weaselsRus Re: what pack do u use? - 10/20/13
I like the Eberlestock packs, use a Just One and a Blue Widow if I'll be on a horse, if we're going on foot I use a Cabelas frame pack with the bottom shelf.

The expandable option of the Eberlestocks make 'em small enough to work as a day pack.
Posted By: noKnees Re: what pack do u use? - 10/20/13
I use three for different purposes.

For general use, I use a badlands monster fanny pack. When hunting in the adirondacks where I would have to quarter and carry out, I use a well worn and bloody badlands 2800. I really want to upgrade to something that will still carry a deer, but weigh half what the 2800 does. I seem to spend a lot more time carrying the pack empty than full. Badland sacrifice maybe.

for stand hunting I use a cheap thing from Dicks (around 2000cu in) It just doesn't take much pack to carry lunch, a water and a few accessories 300 yds to a tree stand or box blind.
Timberhawk packs are the best packs on the market in my opinion.

There are a lot of nice packs out there though.

I use the Rut Buster most of the time, but I LOVE the Kill Shot for packing in more gear for all day hunts.

Check them out. It may be just the pack you're looking for.
Posted By: rick59 Re: what pack do u use? - 10/20/13
Badlands/Tree Stand
Posted By: Soulfly Re: what pack do u use? - 10/21/13
I like the camelbak mule, not very big but I don't carry much.
Posted By: slumlord Re: what pack do u use? - 10/21/13
Molle II, generation IV
Posted By: setch Re: what pack do u use? - 10/22/13
I use a Badlands Ultraday. I just got into it last year and it is easily the most comfortable pack I have found...with the mesh panel keeping off of you back and allowing it to breathe. I also have the Sitka Ascent 14, which is not as comfortable or as roomy, but it's good for hauling crap when I'm on a quick trip.

I had the badlands superday and it was just too big. I don't pack out meat (not that it was intended for that use), but just just don't need that much space. I will say it was very comfortable and carried loads well.
Posted By: LeroyJenkins Re: what pack do u use? - 10/22/13
Originally Posted by Soulfly
I like the camelbak mule, not very big but I don't carry much.

Yep
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: what pack do u use? - 10/22/13
MS Dragon Slayer pack - works for me.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: baltz526 Re: what pack do u use? - 10/22/13
Wilderness Pack Specialty's Muley Is what I switch to this year. Much more comfortable than my Badlands super day, which is in the old used gear pile.
© 24hourcampfire