Home
Been busy & haven't had time to post much lately but here is a pic of a whopper Virginia whitetail buck I harvested on 11-16 in the Blue ridge mountains of my home state of Virginia [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I shot him with my Bansner in 280 Remington & 150 Nosler ballistic tips reloads. The shed was found 2 seasons ago about 400 yards from where I shot him.
Outstanding brows on that bruiser..congrats
congrats...what a horse.
Damn what a buck! Good job!
That is a beautiful deer. Great mass and long tines. What county if you don't mind ?
Congrats. What a buck. Any ideas as to rough score?
Holy hemorrhoidal tissue, Sam! Great buck - congrats!

Now, a little more insight into how you put him to the turf after knowing of his presence please. blush
Love those VA deer, what a trophy, congratulations. Was it a good year for acorns last year, from the looks of those horns, he came through winter pretty well?
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.
Serious tines there! Congrats, as I'm sure you were thrilled.
Wow, he would scare the scxx out of our little Texas bucks, very nice.
Good lord! Congrats on a absolute GIANT!
Thanks for the compliments. I was thrilled to take a deer of this caliber. last year was a super year for acorns. this year they are near non existent? last few winters have been mild. Lots of good grub around for them in the area I hunt. As for score i taped it at 167 n change. Blue Ridge mountains is the closest location you'll get from me.
Congratulations! That is a BEAST!
Originally Posted by 163bc
As for score i taped it at 167 n change.

I figured he'd come close to tickling 170.
What a stud... congrats...
Truly awesome!
Blue Ridge mountains is the closest location you'll get from me.

Well, that narrows it down! Smart man.
WOW!!! Congrats!!!
Originally Posted by SKane
As for score i taped it at 167 n change.

I figured he'd come close to tickling 170.

I'm not very good at that game but I guessed 160 on first look. That's a monster. I dream of bucks like that. Congrats again.
Those antlers look like a crown, pretty cool looking rack the way it nearly touches at the top. A guy wouldn't have to study that bugger very long before dropping the hammer, like milli-seconds.
congrats
Fantastic! Congrats from a fellow Virginian! Agree about the Acorns. Great last year, virtually none this year. I hope we don't have a real bad winter. It could be ugly if we do.
Wow man that is an incredible buck!
Pretty cool to have a shed along the way. Nice way to end the relationship there. Well done sir.
Originally Posted by horse1
Those antlers look like a crown, pretty cool looking rack the way it nearly touches at the top. A guy wouldn't have to study that bugger very long before dropping the hammer, like milli-seconds.

That's pretty much how it happened. I saw a deer, put my binos on it and WOW did those horns explode into the Zeiss 10X !!!! Picked up my rifle and leaned into the tree to steady myself. All I could see was head and neck. Felt solid w/ x hairs on the neck and touched it. Saw his feet go straight up in the air in the scope. All that happened in mere seconds!! Hit him at a hard upward angle in the base of the neck and it came out in top of the neck just off the spine. Thrilled is an understatement. thanks for all the kind words.
Very nice buck!
WWWHHHHHOOOOOPPPPPPEEEERRR!
Holy mass batman!
167" 4x4 is a heck of a whitetail! Congrats!
WOW! What a beautiful buck. Those antlers are the prettiest color I've ever seen. Not to mention those eyeguards! I can only imagine what that beast looked like when you first saw it...

I love to hear the story of how you got it. Stand, still hunt, what was the method?

Congrats and I hope that sucker is getting mounted.
Thats a bruiser, congrats!
What a gorgeous deer! Congrats!
I would have guessed him to be at least 170". That would be a big buck even here in Iowa. grin

Got an age estimation on him?

Congrats!!
WOW very nice WT buck there. Congratulations
Mongster.
That is an awesome whitetail. Nice job! !

Josh
Holy brow tines!!! Congrats!
Borders on perfect. Not many will be his equal. Congrats on a great Deer.
What a great buck!
I keep coming back to look at that deer. That has got to be the prettiest whitetail I have ever seen.
Damn fine deer.
Very nice buck!! That one will be tough for you to beat.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I keep coming back to look at that deer. That has got to be the prettiest whitetail I have ever seen.

Prettiest one I think I have seen too. Might never top it but sure gonna keep trying as long as God lets me.
Wow, that is an absolutely awesome buck anywhere. Congrats!
there are some big bucks comming off the blue ridge this year because of the lack of food. i only live 1.3miles from the shenandoah national park. hard to tell what it will do for our deer population after hunting season. a bad winter this year could really thin the herd. great buck man ,maybe we should get together and hunt YOUR spot.
Nice job! Great story and thanks for sharing it.

That is an absolutely gorgeous whitetail. They don't get much better than that. Congrats
I grew hunting the Blue Ridge Mountains of VA and never saw anything close to that. What a Buck!! Congrats.
Very nice buck for sure.
Outstanding buck period congrats !!!
NICE
Lot's of big deer up that way. here is one a bud of mine killed in Albemarle co.
[Linked Image]
DAMN! That buck is a smoker, Sam! wink

Wow!
Good Lord Sam, that is a lifetime buck - congratulations!
Thanks guys. Virginia produces some great deer once in a while.
What a beauty! Well done, congrats.
Been busy & haven't had time to post much lately but here is a pic of a whopper Virginia whitetail buck I harvested on 11-16 in the Blue ridge mountains of my home state of Virginia
I shot him with my Bansner in 280 Remington & 150 Nosler ballistic tips reloads. The shed was found 2 seasons ago about 400 yards from where I shot him.

pics reposted by request. Sorry they were taken down I was messing around trying to learn photobucket stuff. Thanks, 163bc

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

congrats
Very nice buck.
amazing, great deer.

Absolutely amazing that 2 years ago, the deer was essentially the same size.

I didn't see a rough score noted anywhere? Not that I can stand record books, but as a reference for the actual size?
I rough scored him with a steel tape and steel cable at 167+
Thats funny, rough scored him with all the right tools. I figured he might scare 170.

Rough score for us is with a cloth tape. Grins.
If that buck had g4s that were anywhere close to his g3s. he'd be in the 180's....thats the level of frame he has.

Awesome deer.

Tony
© 24hourcampfire