Home
Here's a video shooting an old 44 Magnum AR-15 prototype.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

I would buy one!!
However I live in IL- so I’m SOL.
Waiting for the kids to get onto college-9 more years!
I love my B92 lever but bet that is easier to shoot while wearing a T-shirt.
a couple years before the 458 Socom, Tromix built my 458 around 2003. killed black bear with it that fall
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
a couple years before the 458 Socom, Tromix built my 458 around 2003. killed black bear with it that fall

Not many were built back then. I think a total of about 50 Tromix 458 SOCOM uppers were made from 2001 - 2005 when we pulled the plug on it due to lack of sales.....and our Saiga-12 short barrel shotgun line took off like crazy. We then re-entered the 458 SOCOM market again in 2014 when the Saiga market went in the toilet.

A 2003 upper would have had a stainless Pac-Nor barrel on it.....back when I could get a blank for $85. Those were all machined by hand on manual equipment. No CNC stuff for us back then.

Tony Rumore
Tromix
Tony, would they come in at a price close to other ARs. If so, I'd own one.
Yeah same hear , how was accuracy?
Kenneth
You’d make an awesome neighbor Tony. I’d even buy the beer just to play with your toys.
a tommy gun in 44 mag would be a hoot
The 44 mag would cost more than a standard AR since we would have to make a nice mag adapter for it. We have a prototype that was used on the 357 Magnum version.
We can't sell them with a DE mag glued into a plastic 5.56 body. That would be pretty hokey.

I haven't shot this particular upper for groups. My dad has had it since 2000 or so and I just got it back from him. He said it shot well.
However, if you can pick up an old copy of Gun World Magazine April of 2000, David Fortier tested one of our 44 Magnum uppers and posted a five shot, 100 yard group that went into one inch.
I think it averaged more like 1.5" though. In the same article he tested one of the Tromix 50AE uppers as well. There were about 300 of those made.

Tony Rumore
Tromix
Very nice. .
© 24hourcampfire