Home
Posted By: Rodney482 Sako - 03/27/24
Did some trading w Shrapnel on here and ended up with this Sako AV classic (1985) in .270

Adjusted the trigger down to 2.5# and gave it a good deep cleaning. Got a 3.5-10 Leupold just waiting on ammo and rings

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Sako - 03/27/24
^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice

I'm not a lefty though

Seen LH shooters shoot a RH bolt gun......

Awkward
Posted By: akgrant Re: Sako - 03/27/24
These are few and far between- the Classic model, that is. Stocks are beautiful on these. I have one in factory new condition- not a scratch on it, in 7mag that's on it's way to a new home soon because it is so nice I couldn't take it out hunting. Just sat in the safe. Great guns, but I can't afford to have a hunting set of rifles and a safe queen set.
Posted By: Rock63 Re: Sako - 03/27/24
Nice rifle.

Shrapnel always has nice stuff
Posted By: ReggieDunlop Re: Sako - 03/27/24
Nice rifle. I was hoping it was a WTS thread…
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Sako - 03/27/24
Straight across trade, I think Rod won...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: 99guy Re: Sako - 03/27/24
Handsome rifle.

I love the Classics.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Sako - 03/28/24
Sako/Finland = quality
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: Sako - 03/28/24
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Straight across trade, I think Rod won...

Haha….
Posted By: KirkJ Re: Sako - 03/28/24
Oh my. Beautiful
Posted By: zenarcade Re: Sako - 03/28/24
I've got almost the same rifle -- It is really beautifully made. My only minor issue with it is the lacquer finish is a little thicker/shinier than i'd prefer (I prefer oiled/matte finishes). I took it out for the first time a couple weeks ago pig hunting, it was well sub MOA when I dialed in the Leupold 3-9 and made quick work of a 25-30 pound pig that became wild boar ragu.

Posted By: akgrant Re: Sako - 03/28/24
Originally Posted by zenarcade
I've got almost the same rifle -- It is really beautifully made. My only minor issue with it is the lacquer finish is a little thicker/shinier than i'd prefer (I prefer oiled/matte finishes). I took it out for the first time a couple weeks ago pig hunting, it was well sub MOA when I dialed in the Leupold 3-9 and made quick work of a 25-30 pound pig that became wild boar ragu.

Yours is the standard model, not the classic- though the only difference is the stock. The finish on the standard stocks is certainly excessive, much better on the classic
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: Sako - 03/29/24
Originally Posted by zenarcade

Ive knocked down high gloss finish 0000 steel wool.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Sako - 03/30/24
Nice set up. I was tempted. But have too many other irons ($$$'s) in the fire at the moment. Curious how it shoots when you get time... wink
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Sako - 03/30/24
Rodney,
Beautiful rifle, you did well.

I owned maybe a half dozen Sako's. IMO they are the best production rifle you can buy when you are considering fit, finish, smoothness, attention to detail, etc. They ooze quality.
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: Sako - 04/04/24
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Nice set up. I was tempted. But have too many other irons ($$$'s) in the fire at the moment. Curious how it shoots when you get time... wink

When the weather improves I will see how she does
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Sako - 04/15/24
Quite jealous here, Rodney. 😄

Beautiful rifle, sir. Enjoy it and hope you get it bloody soon.
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: Sako - 04/21/24
Gonna try to shoot it today.

I did get it scoped

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: scottf270 Re: Sako - 04/21/24
That looks sharp.
© 24hourcampfire