Home
Posted By: tmitch Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 - 04/17/24
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/101567035
That one won't last long. Looks like it's been cerakoted, and laser ported. Got to be a hell of a man to shoot it with that factory pad. That would come off instantly, and would be replaced with a 1" red pachmayr!!!
Posted By: tmitch Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 - 04/17/24
That rifle should be spoken for by now, hopefully someone here. If I didn't already have one in stainless I wouldn't have posted, I woulda been calling! I haven't swapped pads on mine but I don't find it too objectionable to shoot, of course I may have more natural "padding" on my shoulder than some, lol. I've found I'd rather shoot my .338 than my .300 mag in an identical rifle.
Give it a few weeks and you’ll get to see it again on GunBroker.
Posted By: wrgale Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 - 04/17/24
Gone
Originally Posted by tmitch
That rifle should be spoken for by now, hopefully someone here. If I didn't already have one in stainless I wouldn't have posted, I woulda been calling! I haven't swapped pads on mine but I don't find it too objectionable to shoot, of course I may have more natural "padding" on my shoulder than some, lol. I've found I'd rather shoot my .338 than my .300 mag in an identical rifle.

I totally agree with you about the 300. I'd much rather shoot my 338wm's, than a comparable 300wm as well. Someone got a hell of a good deal on this one.
Posted By: TW0817 Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 - 04/18/24
This one’s in route to Iowa currently. I had called about it within 15 minutes of the store opening. The gun clerk said the phone rang off the hook all day about it.
Originally Posted by TW0817
This one’s in route to Iowa currently. I had called about it within 15 minutes of the store opening. The gun clerk said the phone rang off the hook all day about it.
Good for you! Congratulations on beating the flippers. That’s great. When Cabela’s misses - which is often, but rarely low - they miss big.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 - 04/19/24
Great, glad someone here got it!
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Good for you! Congratulations on beating the flippers. That’s great. When Cabela’s misses - which is often, but rarely low - they miss big.

They sure did. That is cool. A very good score!!! Congrats..

Besides the cerakote and the magna porting, be interested to see if you find any other custom touches when it arrives. When I looked at the pictures, it had "sleeper" written all other it. Seems previous owner may have been very understated in their upgrades.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 - 04/19/24
So, this was a stainless/walnut version from the factory? I don't recall a blued LH 338 offered.
Originally Posted by KenMi
So, this was a stainless/walnut version from the factory? I don't recall a blued LH 338 offered.

They made a blued/walnut .338. I used to own one.
Posted By: Seilders Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 - 04/19/24
Congrats on the great score.
Posted By: TW0817 Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 - 04/19/24
I will let you know if I find any other upgrades to the gun. It should be available for pickup this weekend.

I have a couple pending license applications for a hopeful big game hunt out West. I’m hoping this may be the perfect storm and foreshadowing success on those applications.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Besides the cerakote and the magna porting, be interested to see if you find any other custom touches when it arrives. When I looked at the pictures, it had "sleeper" written all other it. Seems previous owner may have been very understated in their upgrades.

The only thing it really needs is a good glass bedding job. With the work that has been done to it, I'd assume they also did that as well. Or at least I'd hope they did.

It's stamped "classic sporter", so it's not a stainless version.
Posted By: 79S Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 - 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

They made a blued/walnut .338. I used to own one.

I have one and it shoots great with 250gr accubonds. It will not shoot 225 anything. A damn good friend gifted it to me. I need to shoot a moose with it.
He likely heard of the virtues of a LH .338 while he was still in his mothers womb.

4 ain't enough.

Originally Posted by tmitch
Great, glad someone here got it!

Me too. Screw the GB flippers.
© 24hourcampfire