Home
Posted By: HarleyHutch BSA rifles any good? - 08/31/22
Have a chance to pick up a BSA in 30-06 with a Redfield 3-9x Widefield scope for $400 (going to try for $350) in decent condition. I don't know much about them but seeing that that is about the going rate for a new entry level synthetic rifle can't really seeing I could go wrong other than it maybe a tad heavier in hand.
Posted By: 358WCF Re: BSA rifles any good? - 08/31/22
I've had a few CF-2s. Nice rifles, kinda ugly stocks. The 24" barreled 7x57 & 7x64 shot well. The short barreled 6.5x55 Stutzen (full stock) was problematic accuracy-wise until I turned it into a carbine with regular stock. Not bugholes, but good hunting accuracy. Good strong actions.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: BSA rifles any good? - 08/31/22
Birmingham small arms company (BSA) in England made some good rifles. They also converted old military rifles to fine sporting rifles. I prefer the older ones like the model D and E that were built off of the m1917. They used excellent barrels and the rifles themselves remind me of the Winchester model 70 (pre 64). The op is probably inquiring about the Monarch or other model, as the model D and E are harder to find. I'll bet it will be a great rifle, either way. Good luck to the op and share some pictures with us after you get it!!
Posted By: HarleyHutch Re: BSA rifles any good? - 09/01/22
We are supposed to meet up Friday. Thanks guys
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: BSA rifles any good? - 09/04/22
?
Put up a photo, BSA rifles are common in the Commonwealth countries, especially NZ and Australia. The BSA sporting rifles of their own design were all excellent rifles, and are on a par or better than what Winchester or Remington made in the same period. They still cost good money used over here, and people build them into fancy custom rifles.

I have had several over the years and currently have a 1963 featherweight Majestic in .308, which beats most rifles today for a mountain rifle. Put it this way, you're looking at a better rifle than a Tikka T3 could ever dream of becoming when it grows up, and they are pretty popular rifles.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: BSA rifles any good? - 09/05/22
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
Put up a photo, BSA rifles are common in the Commonwealth countries, especially NZ and Australia. The BSA sporting rifles of their own design were all excellent rifles, and are on a par or better than what Winchester or Remington made in the same period. They still cost good money used over here, and people build them into fancy custom rifles.

I have had several over the years and currently have a 1963 featherweight Majestic in .308, which beats most rifles today for a mountain rifle. Put it this way, you're looking at a better rifle than a Tikka T3 could ever dream of becoming when it grows up, and they are pretty popular rifles.

The best BSA's were the ones they sporterized from M1917's. The others are pushfeed. Pass the Tikka please.
Posted By: UpThePole Re: BSA rifles any good? - 09/05/22
Not true. I had a baby Mauser in 222 that was a BSA gun.

Custom stocked and just a beauty.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire