Home
Hey guys,

A friend has been offered a Huglu 20 GA SxS double w/ very little use. Are they still in business? Anybody have one?
Any real world experiences with Huglu guns would be helpful. Thanks.

NB
Pre 2006 imports have been known to have firing pins issues. The first two digits are the year of manf.

I've personally owned a CZ Bobwhite (SxS DT) and it worked well. A guy over on shotgunworld has put over 15k shells through a huglu O/U without issues.

Now, prepare for a few people to come along and proclaim that all turkish shotguns are junk. They are not. Some are much better than others.
My five year old canvasback 12ga O/U has been very reliable.
Have a couple and both have been flawless.
bought a Huglu O/U while passing through Incirlik Air Base, Turkey. Its been very reliable
Last fall I bought a Bobwhite, Huglu made for CZ. I only have a feww hundred rounds through it on the skeet field but it looks like a winner. I bought it to shoot steel out here on the salt marshes and as a back up rig for upland where non toxics are mandatory.
Thanks for the getbacks, guys. I'll pass it along.

NB
My 20 Ga.Redhead works great!
I have two that my cousin bought in Turkey in 1986. He was working on the Turkey F-16 program and when the guys he was working with found out he like to shoot, they took him hunting. He said he shot more in 3 days than he thought he had shot in his entire life.

They carried him to a plant and he picked out 8 guns, 4 12 and 4 20, 2 for each of us. I paid him $572 for both of them. They aren't pretty but they work each and every time out. I haven't ever had an issue with either one. Nose heavy but not too bad, I have always meant to add a little weight to the butt stock, but never got round to it. I have looked at the latest CZ offering and they seem to balance way better, have prettier wood and way better triggers.
© 24hourcampfire