Home
Posted By: GregK Chinese Tasco vs El Paso Weaver - 04/24/24
Bought a gun with a Chinese Tasco 3-9X and I'm thinking of swapping it out for an old Weaver 2.5-8x made in El Paso. Yeah or nay?
Your call. Hard to tell with just two individual scopes. How do they look through the tube? Optics, reticles? Those older Weavers were pretty tough, but the optics weren't all that great.

Patriotism? Weaver all the way.
Originally Posted by GregK
Bought a gun with a Chinese Tasco 3-9X and I'm thinking of swapping it out for an old Weaver 2.5-8x made in El Paso. Yeah or nay?

The only 2.5-8x Weaver that I'm aware of is the V8 model that has the windage and elevation adjustments in the rear ring, sort of a poor man's version of the B&L Balvar series of externally adjusted scopes and mounts. That scope would be 60 or so years old and there have been a few improvements in optics since then.

I'm sure that you can find a newer used Weaver or Redfield or B&L on eBay. That said, it's your money, spend it however you want to.
I have/had a bunch of old Weavers and find them great. Only had a problem with one and that was on a real heavy kicking rifle which the reticle had been changed. First shot a lens broke. Probably installed wrong.

The Jap made Tascos are very good. I have 5-6 of them also.

I would stay away from the Chinese and Philipeno made scopes.

Hip
I got a mag4 tasco bought yrs ago not a bad scope
© 24hourcampfire