Home
Tension Turrets are just radial marks with no designation of 1/4 in or 1 inch.

Anyone have a clue as to which.it would be?

Thanks
I just mounted and sighted a variable TV view in for a customer. Inside the adj caps was some factory printed orange stickers giving the adj values at 100 yards...in tiny, tiny figures, so tiny I couldn't make them out with 1.5X readers. I think the windage was 1/2" to 1 division mark...and another line of figures with a different value, possibly for elevation or a different power setting? Sorry I'm no help, I lock the rifle on the bench solid and just turn the damn things until the crosshairs are on the first fired bullet hole and tell the customer it's on paper, you need to sight it in yourself.
I have a Widefield 6x, and about 18 marks moved it 1 inch at 20 yards. So I'm gonna say 1/4" per mark @ 100.
I mounted a Widefield 2x7 on a 35 Whelen the other day that killed a 2.5 x 8 Leupold for the second time. I ran out of bullets before I got it zeroed. But it appeared to adjust between a 1/4 and 1/2 inch per mark. It isn't as bad as adjusting a Leupold but adjustments weren't precise.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/redfield_widefield_scopes.htm

...Redfield Widefield scopes were built on rugged, one-piece, aluminum alloy main tubes. They featured 1/4 MOA fingertip windage and elevation adjustments and fully multi-coated optics. Eyepiece focus was by multiple turns of the ocular housing on fine threads and was secured with a locking ring. Widefield scopes were shockproof, fogproof, and waterproof. All models were available with either a gloss black or a matte black finish, and all models came standard with a Duplex reticle.

This type of reticle, invented by Leupold, incorporates a heavy a crosshair that becomes a fine crosshair near the center of the field. It is offered by more scope manufacturers than any other type and is probably the best reticle ever invented for most hunting applications.

The Widefield fixed power 4x scope was 11.38" long and weighs 12.4 ounces. Its front objective lens measured 30x22mm. The horizontal field of view at 100 yards was 35.95'. The optimum eye relief was 2.88". The exit pupil was a big 5.3x7.4mm, plenty for use in the lowest light. Like any 4x scope, the 4x Widefield was suitable for use on big game rifles chambered for a wide array of calibers from woods cartridges like the .30-30 to long range numbers like the .270 Winchester. ...
Is that the one that looks like a mini TV screen ?

Old farts like those, they dream about looking thru it and seeing a Walter Brennan movie
I have one, it's on my Wyoming Arms AR-15.

Deadly combination, that.
They are very deadly. Because you can make running shots on whitetail deer and see in front of them for a longer lead. Also you can see your buddy over there before you shoot too close or bust out somebodies kitchen window.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Old farts like those, they dream about looking thru it and seeing a Walter Brennan movie
I dream of seeing the Archie Slumlord show...
Originally Posted by Plumdog
I have a Widefield 6x, and about 18 marks moved it 1 inch at 20 yards. So I'm gonna say 1/4" per mark @ 100.

Thanks,Plumb.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I just mounted and sighted a variable TV view in for a customer. Inside the adj caps was some factory printed orange stickers giving the adj values at 100 yards...in tiny, tiny figures, so tiny I couldn't make them out with 1.5X readers. I think the windage was 1/2" to 1 division mark...and another line of figures with a different value, possibly for elevation or a different power setting? Sorry I'm no help, I lock the rifle on the bench solid and just turn the damn things until the crosshairs are on the first fired bullet hole and tell the customer it's on paper, you need to sight it in yourself.
Thanks Flint. Mine doesnt have them
Originally Posted by slumlord

Thanks Firemen, u 2 Slum. smirk
God Bless you Joker. Thanks
From '79 to '84 I had a Redfield 3-9 Widefield accu-trac on a Wea Mk V Varmintmaster in 22-250. It was calibrated in 1/4 moa. (with the two extra stadia wires and the little flag coming up from the bottom of your field of view to indicate range)

But I quickly abandoned any thought of using the trajectory compensation feature as the scope did not track for schitt. Perhaps it would have been okay if all one desired was minute of deer. But I was trying to hit whistle pigs at 300 to 400 yds, and 1/2 moa discrepancy in reticle alignment means a clean miss on a squirrel at 200 yds.
I had a 2-7 Redfield on a .22-250 back in the day, about 1974. Shot more than my share of rock chucks and killed a few white tail and black tail bucks with it. I liked it but unfortunately
it was stolen from my dads house while I was in Colorado working.
I have a new in package set of scope covers for widefields if anyone needs them. Just pay for shipping and they are yours. Sent to me as part of a lot from an auction.
© 24hourcampfire