Home
Posted By: CoalCracker TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
What do the 'Fire conspiracy realists think of the TSA Precheck process?

Good or bad?
Posted By: smokepole Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
In what respect? It's good when you're going through security. And it's a form of profiling that cuts down unnecessary scrutiny of travelers who are low risk which theoretically allows them to focus more on those who aren't.

And when I first got it, there was no application process, they put me in the program based on my flight history.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
We signed up for it - just before the Great Covidiocy. Haven't flown since. I think it's worth its weight in bellybuttons for the simplified security check.

As to conspiracy thoughts, getting the Precheck doesn't give them any thing they don't have or can get already. Less than to get a passport, if I remember correctly.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Eff, I think its flipping fantastic
Posted By: deflave Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
LOL
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
I got a corporate deal for "Clear." I don't fly as much as I used to, but can't imagine doing it any other way now.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
I've had it since it was available in Atlanta. Worth every dollar x 100.

The domestic terminal in Atlanta sucks with a capital F. Seems 99% of the flyers have never flown before so security is more difficult than Chinese arithmetic. At least PreCheck flyers are a little more switched on and things go quicker. Also nice not to have to strip and unpack when going though security.
Posted By: deflave Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I've had it since it was available in Atlanta. Worth every dollar x 100.

The domestic terminal in Atlanta sucks with a capital F. Seems 99% of the flyers have never flown before so security is more difficult than Chinese arithmetic. At least PreCheck flyers are a little more switched on and things go quicker. Also nice not to have to strip and unpack when going though security.

Unless they decide otherwise.
Posted By: dassa Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Anything the govt can do to more efficiently provide security is a good thing.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
They fingerprint you?

Hahaha! Fugg that.
Posted By: k80titus Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Do you like the fast lane or slow lane?
Posted By: 7mmStwer Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Well Worth it if you fly often especially into airports like JFK and Atlanta, which we do often to visit kids "down South". Just renewed mine and wife online after 5 years for another 5.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Don't get it.

There fewer people in the precheck line the better.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
I have it. Although I miss getting the full body scan.
Posted By: TD5427 Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
If you live and work in an area with waterfront ports, terminals, refineries, etc. you have to have a Transportation Worker Identification Card to access those facilities. The TWIC card requires the same Homeland Security background check as PreCheck so the card number can be used in place of PreCheck. They’ve already got your info so might as well take advantage of the convenience of getting through airport security quicker.
Posted By: ironbender Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Originally Posted by RUM7
It’s almost like free health insurance.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
They fingerprint you?

Hahaha! Fugg that.

fingerprints are so 1950's Jim.

They know a hell of a lot more about all of us than they ever did, and most of it without us knowing.

Even if someone dealt all in cash, everybody you sell to or buy from is 100% online.

Unless you've gone full Hutterite on us.....
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
I am not one for convenience.
Posted By: Distridr Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
FTSA

May your chains rest lightly
Posted By: wabigoon Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
I was fingerprinted in the US Army for a security clearance, no big deal.
Posted By: old_willys Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Eff, I think its flipping fantastic

Got it back when I was still traveling for work and it was fantastic.
Posted By: ironbender Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Where will the fast line be when everyone has TSA precheck?
Posted By: smokepole Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
That's what I thought when it first came out but that hasn't happened.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Originally Posted by Distridr
FTSA

This.

Government works program at its finest.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
You get a facial recognition snap shot and faster egress. I recently got it for the family, simple metal detector, no touching of my children (so far), faster egress. I am sold.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
The vast bulk of travelers a) don't fly often enough to justify it to themselves, or b) are too dumb to know it exists.
Posted By: las Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
We have Global Entry, linked to our airline Visa card, so it is automatically applied when we book. Speeds things up on International travel for sure!
Posted By: Longbob Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Originally Posted by las
We have Global Entry, linked to our airline Visa card, so it is automatically applied when we book. Speeds things up on International travel for sure!

Same here and TSA pre-check is included as you know. Makes it a lot easier for our travel.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Got it when it first came out and I was flying regularly. WELL WORTH the effort and $$$'s...
Posted By: Tarkio Re: TSA Precheck - 06/10/23
Have been considering it. I refuse to submit to a body scan. So I always force a full pat down.

Flying a bit more recently, and think I will do the precheck option now.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: TSA Precheck - 06/11/23
What is, TSA?
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: TSA Precheck - 06/11/23
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What is, TSA?

Oh give it a damn rest.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: TSA Precheck - 06/11/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Show me on the doll where I hurt BobBrown.
Posted By: losttrail60 Re: TSA Precheck - 06/11/23
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Have been considering it. I refuse to submit to a body scan. So I always force a full pat down.

FFS!

LOL
Posted By: EdM Re: TSA Precheck - 06/11/23
Originally Posted by smokepole
In what respect? It's good when you're going through security. And it's a form of profiling that cuts down unnecessary scrutiny of travelers who are low risk which theoretically allows them to focus more on those who aren't.

And when I first got it, there was no application process, they put me in the program based on my flight history.

Same here.

Yep. That was my experience also.
Posted By: smokepole Re: TSA Precheck - 06/11/23

At DIA they have scanners but don't use them in the TSA pre-check lines.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: TSA Precheck - 06/11/23
Global Entry is just a few dollars more and works going through customs as well. Worth it to me.
Posted By: Stevepoz Re: TSA Precheck - 06/11/23
We also have global entry. Just did a vacation to Spain and it saved us so much time. Totally worth it
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: TSA Precheck - 06/11/23
Great if you travel semi-frequently.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
Originally Posted by losttrail60

FFS!

LOL

callndumb, glad to see you are still with us.

Ican see how you wouldn't understand seeing as how you have no principles and not much occasion to fly anywhere.
Posted By: smallfry Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
I have had 80-100 flights last year. Anything to make travel more seamless and faster is worth is generally worth it at that volume.
Posted By: JimInAK Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
Originally Posted by ironbender
Where will the fast line be when everyone has TSA precheck?

A few years back returning from Hawaii, my girlfriend and I both had precheck, her daughter didn't. Daughter beat us to the gate.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23

They put you through the body scan if you have any metal inside you. The biggest.advantage of having it for me is flying out of an airport like Fort Meyers where the Geriatrics try to carry on everything but the kitchen sink.
Posted By: mbrook Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
Well worth it. Generally the security lines for precheck are much shorter and you don't have to take off your shoes, remove laptop etc. Well worth it.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
Originally Posted by Pat85

They put you through the body scan if you have any metal inside you. The biggest.advantage of having it for me is flying out of an airport like Fort Meyers where the Geriatrics try to carry on everything but the kitchen sink.
Our son has it. My wife and I don't. It seems to run 50/50 on who gets through first these days.
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What is, TSA?

Oh give it a damn rest.

LOL !
Posted By: old70 Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
If you fly more than a couple times a year it’s worth it. Used to have it when I was in uniform, but don’t anymore. It did smooth things out quite a bit.

Old70
Posted By: 257Bob Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
I did it, it really helps if you travel much and via large airports, saves much time and hassle. Getting in the short line in Atlanta for 10 minutes vs 45 minutes and not taking your shoes off is worth it alone. Only for domestic, not international.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
Originally Posted by CoalCracker

Good or bad?

If you travel a lot, worth every penny. Once registered and when you book a flight, your boarding pass is already marked as such.
Posted By: smokepole Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Once registered and when you book a flight, your boarding pass is already marked as such.

As long as you have a profile established with the airline and it includes your TSA #. Unless things have changed, I haven't established a profile in a few years.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
Once registered and when you book a flight, your boarding pass is already marked as such.

As long as you have a profile established with the airline and it includes your TSA #. Unless things have changed, I haven't established a profile in a few years.

There is a box to enter your “known traveler number” for airlines one doesn’t have a profile established with.
Posted By: ar15a292f Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
Originally Posted by CoalCracker

Good or bad?

If you travel a lot, worth every penny. Once registered and when you book a flight, your boarding pass is already marked as such.
I agree, it's great to be able to bypass the long lines waiting to go through security.
Posted By: smokepole Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
Originally Posted by Pat85

There is a box to enter your “known traveler number” for airlines one doesn’t have a profile established with.

Yep, just wanted to point out that it's not automatic.
Posted By: achadwick Re: TSA Precheck - 06/15/23
I use it most times I fly commercial. 2-4 times per week. It’s good!
© 24hourcampfire