Home
I just bought this custom rifle by Jerry Fisher. It weighs a total of just 6 pounds all in, scope, sling and everything. I had to take it out and see if I could shoot something with it. I found a rabbit the rest is history.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nice shot.
So tell us about the cartridge, never heard of it.
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Yeah.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Nice shot.

Coniglio alla Cacciatore?
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Yeah.

It is a 243 case opened up to 25 caliber. It shoots a 100 grain bullet about 2800 fps…

Oh nice😎
I got 2800 from a .204 case opened up tp .257 with 100 grain Sierra spitzers. Called it the ".257 Scooter".
Think of it as the 25 Creedmoor. Ha
How does it differ from the .25 Souper?
Shrapnel, you suck….😁

That’s another beauty.
Not trying to be kill joy, but I have a 6mm x 270, 105 Amax bullet, it’s going over 3800, 1000 yard gun all day long, is a hot 243 any slower than 2800, beautiful gun, but talking to all these kids today that shoot every 6.5 made, got me kinda shaking my head , but seems Creedmoor type rounds are the new world, school me.
Originally Posted by cra1948
How does it differ from the .25 Souper?

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

This rifle was made by Jerry in the late 1960’s…
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Coniglio alla Cacciatore?

When I worked at the Sheriff Dept in Ohio I would shoot a half dozen rabbits and bring them to one of the old Trustee prisoners, Don't remember his name but it ended in a vowel if that helps.
By the time my shift was over we would all eat the "caniglio Cacciatori" for breakfast.
That was the 70's, don't think it would fly today...thanks for the memory.
Charley Durham developed a line of proprietary cartridges. He had a shop on Colfax Avenue in Denver. When I was young my first centerfire was a Remington 722 in .222 Rem. Mag. I had Charley rebarrel it, and it was disappointing. Swirly gouges in the exterior finish. Shot OK, not spectacular. I seem to recall that shortly before that time Charley had an accident that damaged his hand. Must have affected his work. Awhile later he closed the shop. Tough break for a good creative gunsmith with a well earned reputation.
That's a beautiful piece of wood on a very capable featherweight!

A Great find!

Several years ago, (while in Colorado) I had a 224 Durham Jet. 243 necked down and fireformed.

This 25 looks to be a lot more useful! I'll bet it carries like a magic wand!
Nice figure in the stock
© 24hourcampfire