Home
Quite a life, and still has spunk and a sense of humor.

https://www.kezi.com/news/military-...6db6e42-0454-11ef-8497-47b27259d914.html
My dad started in ‘43 with the Air Corps as a mechanic. Fixed planes over and over again through WW2, Korea (based in Okinawa) and the Vietnam circus while stationed in Thailand, working on F105 Wild Weasels. I greeted him upon return in LA, hopped on a jet and went back over for Tour 2.
Needs to be said DD, prolly not the first time: Thank you for your service.

You certainly have a unique way of 'splaining things!

As to the OP: Hyman is a worthy American!
God Bless him and all of them.
For those who were willing and brave, a young man or woman could turn a military career into a big pile of money. One of my dad's first cousins did exactly that.

kwg
I’m pretty sure I took him fishing about ten years ago. Odds are slim to have another that flew in all three wars in Oregon. If it’s the same guy he told me that his secret to longevity was sleeping 16 hrs a day.
Amazingly lucid for a 100 yo. Here's to you, Sir.
Great man; great story; great video!

But why did they have to ruin it by showing the obviously woke video crew?
In a pig's ass...
Wait, he's Jewish, so...
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

It's Eugene, Oregon.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
My dad started in ‘43 with the Air Corps as a mechanic. Fixed planes over and over again through WW2, Korea (based in Okinawa) and the Vietnam circus while stationed in Thailand, working on F105 Wild Weasels. I greeted him upon return in LA, hopped on a jet and went back over for Tour 2.

Dan,

a salute of respect to you and your dad for your service. I just missed Vietnam... My dad served for 26 years, 10 years Marine Corps including Korea ( the entire war), then 16 years Air Force.... with 49 months in Vietnam, flying in the Black Bird Squadrons & CIA missions. Several of his brothers served in Korea also and 3 of his older brothers served in WW 2 and Korea... 3 didn't come home from WW 2.. 6 brothers served in WW2.

And to the gentleman from Creswell, up I 5 from me.... a hardy salute of respect for reaching 100 y/o and also seeing service in 3 wars as a pilot. As I've heard both written and said: Where do we find these young men?
I flew in only one war myself, but I knew the man who practically invented the Forward Air Control mission, having flown that kind of job in all three of those wars. I'd have to do some looking to find his real name, because he went by the call sign Red Marker at every FAC reunion I attended. He was pretty frail the last time I saw him in 2018.

Anyone who has flown combat missions has stories. Too many never tell them.
Amazing. Sharp as ever.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Why in the world did that even matter? You seem to be too easily triggered.
© 24hourcampfire