Home
Wanna be pissed off?

This should do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4&mode=related&search=
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Wanna be pissed off?

This should do it.

Just reading your posts usually does it for me....
But that's just wrong!!!
WTF is going on down there? If that were to happen around here they would have a war on their hands. I'm not just blowing smoke. A real shooting war. They might take a gun or two from me in surprise but that would be the last. I'd be taking guns off them the next day.
I have said it before and I'll say it again, Sure, they can have my Guns........................BULLETS FIRST Les
I'll bet a democrat was responsible for confiscation.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

You think?????
SteveNO is the only member of the GOP in the whole city of NOLA...
Naw, Steve is a Conservative, one of these days he will start refering to the wanna be RINO's in the same light, as most of the GOP people that hold office. Les
I wouldn't consider myself to be a radical. I don't belong to any militia group. But I swear if the local cops started treating citizens that way all bets are off. There ain't no excuse. If that becomes a policy of any law enforcment agency then I WILL consider a badge a target.

"I see a red sash I kill the man wearing it"

Tombstone

Congradulations, Bristo, That is exactly the video I had in mind a while ago, and the "old lady" I was reffering too in the begining of the video. I even tried to figure out how to get the link posted but I am not that computer savy--Thanks for posting it.

What we all need is a few more Government bullies telling us what's good for us! BS!!!!!.
Some of us Police Officers have no intentions of taking anyone who is obeing the laws weapons. I'm sure I feel the same way many of you do about this video. Things in this country are going the wrong direction. This is living proof. kwg

Is Brown a Democrat?
I thought he was supposeed to be in charge?
Bristoe, you hit a nerve.

Having not been in that posistion I can't swear as to how I would respond.

But I would like to think that I do.

No bullet proof vest will stop a 22LR to the neck at a hundered yds.

If I'm PO'ing any LEO's I'm sorry.

Don't trample peoples god given rights and security and you should have no worrys.

Seen that before, I do believe I wouldn't survive that, but neither would a few of them!
Those were not LEO's in my opinion, they were common thugs no better than the criminals who ransacked the city. It happened, all I want to know is who is being held responsible???

CK
Originally Posted by JaquesLaRami

Is Brown a Democrat?

Who's Brown? I was referring to Nagin
Those were not LEO's in my opinion, they were common thugs
That's most of the new crop I see on the force these days. Skin headed, jack boot, steroid pumped storm trooper, just waiting for that next big dime bag bust.
kwg020,
Some of us Police Officers have no intentions of taking anyone who is obeing the laws weapons. I'm sure I feel the same way many of you do about this video. Things in this country are going the wrong direction. This is living proof. kwg

You want us to believe you would not do something like they did. You are a cop and would do exactly like they did and the cops who would not let anyone give Terry Schivo even a drink of water.

I believe you are kidding yourself.
Those LEO's were lucky a dozen or so creoles didn't decide to put a stop to it.
Originally Posted by Ringman
kwg020,

You want us to believe you would not do something like they did. You are a cop and would do exactly like they did and the cops who would not let anyone give Terry Schivo even a drink of water.

I believe you are kidding yourself.

I think we should give him the bennefit.

I mean, what resonable, intelligent American who doesn't want to get wacked acts that way?

Is Brown a Democrat?

I can't think of his first name right now but the horse breeder, horse show guy that was in charge of FEMA that Bush appointed to the post. I thought he was suppossed to be in charge down there? I'm not sayin, I'm askin? Who's Nagin? Who was in charge? All I ever here is it was the other guys not us. Who really was. Who was In charge of the police/sherrifs dept? The Guards and other military. What Government agencys? Who led them? I don't know that's why I asked. But from what I've gathered from my limeted MSM sources, It was all Bush, Brown, or the New Orleans Mayor(was he Nagin?) I'll bet there were a hundred that say "not me", Well who was?
Someone gave the order to begin the gun grab, nail the sonofabitch to the wall till he turns to leather.

CK
I say nail him and every dumb SOB down the line who said, OK.

Is Brown a Democrat?

I can't think of his first name right now but the horse breeder, horse show guy that was in charge of FEMA that Bush appointed to the post. I thought he was suppossed to be in charge down there? I'm not sayin, I'm askin? Who's Nagin? Who was in charge? All I ever here is it was the other guys not us. Who really was. Who was In charge of the police/sherrifs dept? The Guards and other military. What Government agencys? Who led them? I don't know that's why I asked. But from what I've gathered from my limeted MSM sources, It was all Bush, Brown, or the New Orleans Mayor(was he Nagin?) I'll bet there were a hundred that say "not me", Well who was?

Nagin was/is the mayor of N.O. Brown was the head FEMA--who of course Bush said was doing a "great job Brownie"--then Bush canned him a week or so later............

Casey
Can't argue with that logic, sure it broke some federal laws, Gee, seems to me, that the 2nd Amendment is a right, Shouldn't he be brought up on Civil Rights Charges? Les
I beleive history has showen time and again that orders are not an excuse to commit crimes.

Just ask LT. Calley.

A whole nother story.

Personaly I think Calley was a scape goat for that CPT.

Medina or something.
Originally Posted by wallaby
I beleive history has showen time and again that orders are not an excuse to commit crimes.

Just ask LT. Calley.

A whole nother story.

Personaly I think Calley was a scape goat for that CPT.

Medina or something.

Calley and Medina were scapegoats for higher ranking officers--it often works that way..........

Casey
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Is Brown a Democrat?

Nagin was/is the mayor of N.O. Brown was the head FEMA--who of course Bush said was doing a "great job Brownie"--then Bush canned him a week or so later............

Casey

(hint); it was not the NRA, that ordered the confiscation.
I'm no historian, but I do remember the jist of the book I read in high school on the subject. Seemed to me like Calley got screwed. My point was following a clearly illeagle order is not a defence. There were quit a few germans once upon a time who learned this the hard way.
New Orleans City Police Commissioner Edwin Compass was the one who gave the initial order to confiscate firearms during Katrina. I believe he has since resigned. I'm not saying that's enough, just stating the events as I remember them. Taking people's guns away is criminal under the law of our land. Taking them away when they need them to defend themselves is accessory to murder, if they are killed.
It wasn't that Calley and the other receiving punishment for their acts got screwed as much as it was the higher ranking officers simply didn't receive equal treatment. Pretty typical. Just like in New Orleans, anybody who broke the law by confiscating legally held firearms should be held accountable, from Compass down to the lowliest reserve occifer.
Looked like Gene L's guys.
You know, it's easy to say or at least think that if you were in that situation you would say "come gettum copper's, Bullets First!"

But you know what, I don't know what I'd do in that situation as a husband and a father of 2 little boys. I can't say that I'd be willing to die in a shootout that no matter how wrong the cops were, would still end in my likely death and not being there to raise my children. Plus, if my kids were around, I can definitely say that I would not risk their lives by getting in a shootout.

I know that in certain events, there has to be people willing to stand up for their rights and be willing to die for those rights. But, there is also a phrase called "picking your battles".

Like I said, it's easy to Monday morning quaterback the situation. Personnally, I'd be willing in that situation to let loose a few guns and securing the safety of my life, those of my family, and the retainment of the other guns that I can gaurantee they wouldn't find.
At the orders of New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, the New Orleans Police, the National Guard, the Oklahoma National Guard, and U.S. Marshals have begun breaking into homes at gunpoint, confiscating their lawfully-owned firearms, and evicting the residents. "No one is allowed to be armed. We're going to take all the guns," says P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police.

www.reason.com/news/show/32966.html
Maybe not. But what are they doing to get justice now?
Seems money spent to bring these criminals to justice would be more important than a couple million flyers asking for more money?

The NRA leadership has become like tv preachers, phoney as a three dollar bill!

The second amendment is a nice theory. Situations such as this prove it just isn't going to ever make a difference. This incident alone should have started a civil war to overthrow the local state authorities at the very least.

To me this proves we no longer have any freedoms, but rather
whatever privledges the government permits whenever they deem it convenient.

The black SOB is still mayor, isn't he? What has changed? Other than a few indignant posts on the campfire? The american people have become pathetic sheeple who take hand outs from their
governmental massah!

And I usually get told to put on my tin hat and go back under the brdge? tired Now back to the beer and the ballgame until we are outraged again! sick

Right now this post has rated but 33 replies. If Hound Girl wanted to know your favorite pizza recipie, there would be over 5oo replies. Get the point? mad
Nasty video. The people responsible for this idiocy were our then-Police Chief Eddie Compass and the mayor, Ray Nagin. These confiscations were stopped by an injunction obtained by the NRA (from a Clinton appointed judge, even) while the courthouse was still surrounded by water. Since then, the city has been held in contempt by the same judge for their slowness in responding to discovery, and required to streamline the procedures to return the several hundred weapons that were taken. Compass resigned in disgrace shortly afterward, and Nagin was reelected by the looter demographic.

Interestingly, this did not occur in my area and the first I heard of it was probably a week after the storm when I finally got back on the Campfire at muddywaters' house. I was carrying a Kimber and either an 870 or AR-15 the whole time I was there after the storm, and nobody said anything to me about it. But there was almost no police presence in my neighborhood...they kind of left it to the few residents to guard it themselves.

I also carried openly every time I went back over the next two months, and other than some discussions with some Ohio MPs who liked my Kimber better than their Berettas, and some airborne guys who wanted to check out the C-more holograph sight on my Bushmaster, nobody seemed to care much, if you looked legit. Of course that was after the publicity and the injunction.
The scary part is wondering how MPs from Ohio got there at the request of some black ass mayor from NO? Talk about government run amuck. Seems no one was really in charge.

If you really want to do the rest of us a service in this mess, please give us a lawyer's take on what would happen to someone who decided to protect themselves, and shot two of these weapons confiscating bastids deader than a doornail.

Please advise us on what would take place in the legal circles in this scenario?
Ughhh..in New Orleans or somewhere normal?
I just hope this once truly magnificent city is able to come out from the depths. I have a dear friend who is a home renovater out of Baton Rouge, whose been doing alot of repair in NO.

He tells me it's too late and NO is basically lost. I do hope he's mistaken.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Ughhh..in New Orleans or somewhere normal?

Two questions. What's normal nowadays? And where is normal nowadays?

Sorry, but I'm just a bit tired of all the hollow chest thumpin and debates about an amendment that was lost a long, long time ago!

Word association: DELUSIONAL! The only thing I see close to truth anymore can only be found on "Jericho"!
Shooting it out with police over gun confiscation would most likely get you a messy death or a murder conviction, assuming you have a good sight picture. (If not, maybe only attempted murder). And since the situation was resolved within a few days by the courts enforcing the Constitution, it would be an awful tragedy to kill a couple of people and send youself to prison for life (or a needle). A steet shootout is not a very good venue to lititgate Second Amendment issues, and the cops will instantly go all paramilitary on you.

You might get lucky and win on jury nullification, but probably not if you're a white guy who killed a black cop with a New Orleans jury.

As I said, I wasn't faced with the issue. Guess I would have handed them the two I was carrying, then go back to the safe inside and select a couple more. I would not have stayed here without weapons. It amazes me that they couldn't even slow down the looting but had time to go after an innocuous old lady...I guess that's safer than shooting it out with the gangs who were using torches to open drug store safes and ATMs.
I appreciate the reply, Steve. And I'm smart enought to have figured out that what you said would have been the result.

Seeing so many cops around sure makes me feel safe. NOT!

Your reply however, makes a guy like me feel pretty downhearted and having a sense of hopelessness. So many azzholes willing to enforce illegal orders? The sad part is they consider themselves as people who are serving the public?

I have always thought of the second amendment as a USING amendment, rather than one which requires constant legal wrangling? I seem to have a minority opinion.
Two questions. What's normal nowadays? And where is normal nowadays?

NO is an anomoly. There is no place (that I know of)simular to this city. Almost all citizens of NO are mostly parasites attached to the Federal Government. Simular disasters strike cities every year. It is normal for outside assitance to arrive from other states and government agencies. IMHO almost anywhere is normal compared to New Orleans.

And yes, I've been there many times, and lived and worked through simular disasters.
Thanks, LT. Coming from you, that makes me feel a little better, I think? I always appreciate your level-headed posts, sir. grin

What I don't understand is why someone with the intellegence of Isaac woud want to restore such a welfare rat infestested shiethole? confused
Don, as they said at Nurenberg, the cops were just following their orders. It was a crazy time, and the police chief panicked...he was already an antigun fanatic before the storm. What should be encouraging is that the system worked, the abuses were enjoined as soon as they became publicly known, and eventually these bozos will end up paying some money to the citizens whose rights they ignored.

And the publicity has led to a lot of state statutes around the country specifically prohibiting such confiscations in the future, so at least others will not be faced with the dilemma of giving up their protection or shooting it out with the gendarmes.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Don, as they said at Nurenberg, the cops were just following their orders. It was a crazy time, and the police chief panicked...he was already an antigun fanatic before the storm. What should be encouraging is that the system worked, the abuses were enjoined as soon as they became publicly known, and eventually these bozos will end up paying some money to the citizens whose rights they ignored.

And the publicity has led to a lot of state statutes around the country specifically prohibiting such confiscations in the future, so at least others will not be faced with the dilemma of giving up their protection or shooting it out with the gendarmes.

OK. Thanks, Steve. Keep on trying, buddy, Some of the good stuff you send my way is filtering through that damn tin foil hat of mine! grin
LT. ....I'm not sure there has been a similar disaster in this country....80% of a major city under water for weeks, nearly a million refugees, population still down by a quarter of a million people a year and a half later.

The only things comparable in scope would be the Yellow River floods in China, or war damage in WWII.

Now, New Orleans was a disfunctional city before Katrina, no doubt. But it is impossible to grasp the scope of the destruction of property and disruption of people's lives if you haven't been here. And the vast majority of them were not the trashy people you saw on TV whining at the Superdome...those were the bottom of the socioeconomic barrel. The storm wiped out hundreds of thousands of homeowners, small business owners, professionals and tradesmen, and it killed 1500 people. So its a little different from prior "disasters."
Don--When I have visited NO, it was at a time when I first started at LSU in around 1976 and the 30 times I've visited since to see some dear friends. When I go, the time is spent with those friends enjoying the food, drink, music and other festivities the remarkable city has to offer. I don't see while I'm there, the things residents see or us as we watch the news and read the papers. I've not been to NO since the flood.

Every great city in the US has it's welfare grabbing, good for nothing populations. They also have an allure and attraction that make them worthwhile for maintaining IMO. NO, with a proper rebuilding and appropiate taxing structure and base, could conceivably reverse the demograhics and welfare population of it's city. I just have such spectacular memories of my visits there and would hate to see it crumble into the Gulf or the welfare slums, that's all!!

I'm sure there's a few more like Steve NO who reside there and make the city worth saving. All NO needs is a good Pied Piper!!
A pied piper it surely needs. All you have said is true, and I understand. I just get a little offended knowing my taxes will probably be sent to people who can suffer so, have their guns confiscated, and then RE-ELECT that chocolate basitid!

He should be doing prison time, not using federal tax monies to rebuild a chocolate city? It just pizzes me off that when a politician "makes a mistake" they give us our money back after a lawsuit. It is our money, ya know? Let a citizen make a mistake and he goes to jail.

This scenario offends me greatly! I can only hope there is a special place in hell for politicians, because if even just one goes to heaven, I don't want to be there!

I try to live my life with a bit more optimism than you friend. With that atrocious and illegal gun confiscation that took place, I choose to see the national good that emanated from it. The nation came to quickly shut that illegal behavior down and set the norm and standard for the rest of the country thereafter.

Try to see some silver lining Don...It will make you less grumpy with the grandkids...grin
Originally Posted by isaac
I try to live my life with a bit more optimism than you friend. With that atrocious and illegal gun confiscation that took place, I choose to see the national good that emanated from it. The nation came to quickly shut that illegal behavior down and set the norm and standard for the rest of the country thereafter.

Try to see some silver lining Don...It will make you less grumpy with the grandkids...grin

I know, I know. I'm trying! blush grin laugh But it is the grandkids I am concerned about. I grew up at a wonderful time
in this country's history. I cannot help but wonder what screwed up, PC country they will have to endure! frown
Steve, no offense intended toward the hard working, "common man" of NO, or anywhere else. My observations make me believe that they are just not as "common" in NO as anywhere else that I have personally been. I suspect that a hurricane such as Katrina or Rita would have produced a like amount of casualties if they had hit Houston.
That video is f'ing pathetic to say the least.....It's so pathetic it's almost unreal. mad
Originally Posted by Nebraska
That video is f'ing pathetic to say the least.....It's so pathetic it's almost unreal. mad

It would not happen anywhere else in La.
This man is running for President.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul73.html

Ron Paul in the US House of Representatives, January 9, 2003

Mr. Speaker, I rise to restore the right the founding fathers saw as the guarantee of every other right by introducing the Second Amendment Protection Act. This legislation reverses the steady erosion of the right to keep and bear arms by repealing unconstitutional laws that allow power-hungry federal bureaucrats to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Specifically, my legislation repeals the five-day waiting period and the "instant" background check, which enables the federal government to compile a database of every gun owner in America. My legislation also repeals the misnamed ban on "semi-automatic" weapons, which bans entire class of firearms for no conceivable reason beside the desire of demagogic politicians to appear tough on crime. Finally, my bill amends the Gun Control Act of 1968 by deleting the "sporting purposes" test, which allows the Treasury Secretary to infringe on second amendment rights by classifying a firearm (handgun, rifle, shotgun) as a "destructive device" simply because the Secretary believes the gun to be "non-sporting."

Thomas Jefferson said "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; ...that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." Jefferson, and all of the Founders, would be horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents law-abiding Americans from exercising their right and duty to keep and bear arms. I hope my colleagues will join me in upholding the Founders' vision for a free society by cosponsoring the Second Amendment Restoration Act.

Dr. Ron Paul is a Republican member of Congress from Texas.

I was one of those who signed the petition to draft him to do so. I've been a fan of his for a long time. I think it would be good that the right to carry concealed was recognized as a part of the 2nd Amendment and not just something to be infringed upon unless you buy a "license" from the state. I think a separate license where you take some training would be a good thing. This one would give you arrest powers like the cops. Then we could get rid of a lot of those skinheaded bastages like down in NO who are abusing the powers they've been given. They could go back to hustling basketball and beating up their girlfriends for foodstamps.
From Wikipedia:
In September 2005 the CHP sent resources to the Gulf Coast to assist in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Before the United States National Guard arrived, the CHP had more than two patrol helicopters over New Orleans, more than forty vehicles on the ground, and more than 250 officers and other staff, including a SWAT team, deployed in New Orleans.

Doubtless our Kali hoplophobic hoplites were involved there as here.

A prime example of how librals handle a disaster, suspend civil rights.
From what i have seen there are several lawsuits pending over this violation of rights by the NO City Government. I think that a bill is pending in congress to further protect the second but I have not heard much about it just that it was suggested when this crap was made known. But with the way the Democraps or running congress it will never see the light of day. Remember '08 Is when we get to turn it around on them. They have shown us what the liberal democrats really want. actions speak much louder than retoric. So far in the first four months of them in majoraty higher taxes, the highest increase in history, cut and run and surrender to terror, more gun control (even though that was not going to be an issue with them) Thgey say one thing but DO another. They are very fond of repeating the mantra "Bush lied" But what are they doing?
Originally Posted by Ethan Edwards
New Orleans City Police Commissioner Edwin Compass was the one who gave the initial order to confiscate firearms during Katrina. I believe he has since resigned. I'm not saying that's enough, just stating the events as I remember them. Taking people's guns away is criminal under the law of our land. Taking them away when they need them to defend themselves is accessory to murder, if they are killed.

That's what I wanted to know!!! Thank You. His name and his deeds need to be known to us all.
At the orders of New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, the New Orleans Police, the National Guard, the Oklahoma National Guard, and U.S. Marshals have begun breaking into homes at gunpoint, confiscating their lawfully-owned firearms, and evicting the residents. "No one is allowed to be armed. We're going to take all the guns," says P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police.

www.reason.com/news/show/32966.html

Well I see now there's more than one of them.
Yeah, I thought it was Compass and found something on the net immediately that said it was, but it looks like he was acting on Nagin's orders. Either way, he is guilty. Looks like Nagin is too. I'm with those who say it needs to be investigated and all those, including those who let their respective National Guards be used for this purpose, charged and convicted.
Yeah, I thought it was Compass and found something on the net immediately that said it was, but it looks like he was acting on Nagin's orders. Either way, he is guilty. Looks like Nagin is too. I'm with those who say it needs to be investigated and all those, including those who let their respective National Guards be used for this purpose, charged and convicted.

Of treason...then executed! grin
Why the hell don't you people lay blame where it is due?
With the democratic gun hating party of America. Is it because you are in denial, after having voted in this traitorous bunch of liars?
Why the hell don't you people lay blame where it is due?
With the democratic gun hating party of America. Is it because you are in denial, after having voted in this traitorous bunch of liars?

HUH? The nitwits to which I refer are democrats! And if you look closely, you will find plenty of gun grabbers in the republican party too!

I didn't vote anyone into office, since I haven't found anyone worth voting for since 1966! To me, there is no such thing as an honest, ethical politician. Slow bellies and liars all!
You will find a tiny minority of republicans willing to compromise on guns. They are not around long. On the other hand, 90% plus, of democrats are anti-gun.
But as a non voter, your wishes fall on deaf ears.
You will find a tiny minority of republicans willing to compromise on guns. They are not around long. On the other hand, 90% plus, of democrats are anti-gun.
But as a non voter, your wishes fall on deaf ears.

I have no wishes, Bear. I gave up on our government a long time ago. tired All our systems are so corrupted they don't work,
and change within them is never going to happen as a result!

Where were all those gun law repeals that were expected under a house and senate majority coupled with a republican president?

I guess I'm too old to fall for all the slight-of-hand bull
politicians expect us to accept. I simply think they are ALL
self-serving lying bastids! Sorry, but I see no honor and
integrity on either side!
Under Bush and republican controlled house and senate.

On March 2, 2004, with 'sunset' of the ban on the horizon, assault weapon ban supporter Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) attached a ten-year extension to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban to the Senate's Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. With the Feinstein amendment, the bill was voted down 8-90.

There are others if you care to look them up.

On the other hand, there were several anti-gun measures that never made it through.

Since the democrats have been voted back into power, check how many pieces of anti-gun legislation that have been and are, being introduced.

"I guess I'm too old to fall for all the slight-of-hand bull
politicians expect us to accept. I simply think they are ALL
self-serving lying bastids! Sorry, but I see no honor and
integrity on either side!"

Excuses, won't protect the rights of future generations.
280Don is right to an extent. Where are all those repeals? Now we are out of the majority. I vote Rep because I have no choice. I see you defend the Rep party a lot on here but I personally think most of them are RINO's who will jump ship at the first opportunity. This new bill "strengthening" the ability to deny anybody who has ever had mental problems the right to bear arms is a perfect example. Most of the Reps who are "pro-gun" are only nominally so and are because it feathers their nest NOT because they are ideologically aligned with us. I still vote because I believe that by doing so I can slow the decline and OCCASIONALLY vote a good person into office. I don't delude myself though. We took and held a majority in both houses and also had a Rep President. We should have had all gun control rolled back to the '68 GCA. We should be able to purchase a gun in any state, not just long guns in contiguous states. We should have a national CCW and laws protecting us against anti-gun states and localities. Instead we've got the NRA and a bunch of pandering RINO's conspiring with Dems to take away even more rights.
Dude you are deluding yourself. That bill "sunsetted" thanks to Bob Dole, another RINO who later jumped ship when he thought he couldn't get elected President unless he did. I must admit that the sunset clause worked though. There would have been no repeal without it as the RINO's didn't have enough guts to do it. Bush is on record as saying he would renew the Assault Weapon Ban if it were brought before him-it wasn't. This is more of an example of what I'm saying than it is a GOOD example of what they got done. Please give us an example of ANYTHING the majority houses and the Prez did that was positive for us.
As far as your comments on the Dems, he// there is virtually nobody here that will deny that they are the greater evil where gun control is concerned...so what's your point?
I think most of us know that neither party is perfect (or even very good) with respect to defending and promoting our 2nd Amendment rights, but when push comes to shove the Republicans have done better. He isn't "deluding" himself in that respect at all.
I agree with you that the Reps are the choice most of the time. That's a given as I think I said in my post. However it is IMO, delusional, to try to showcase non-existent rollbacks of gun control laws when the only thing of any consequence that happened was the majority standing out of the way and letting a hurtful law sunset. If we stand around and only go on the defensive, the way the majority in both Houses did with a Rep president sitting, then we'll eventually lose. If we had knocked back some of the gun control from earlier eras, we would have gained back some ground and forced the antis to re-take that ground (in all probability) before moving any farther. Basically we're where we were at when Clintstone took office. Visualize the changes I already enumerated along with a modification of McClure-Volkmer to allow easier access to LEGAL full auto weapons. Visualize sweeping reforms of the ATF and FBI to ensure that we never have incursions such as Ruby Ridge and Waco again. These are what should have happened. Instead we allowed our elected officials to sit on their asses and do nothing for about six years while we all felt good about NOT LOSING any more rights. Sorry to tell it like it is, but if you can't do so here, then where can you?
I agree with you that the Reps are the choice most of the time. That's a given as I think I said in my post. However it is IMO, delusional, to try to showcase non-existent rollbacks of gun control laws when the only thing of any consequence that happened was the majority standing out of the way and letting a hurtful law sunset. If we stand around and only go on the defensive, the way the majority in both Houses did with a Rep president sitting, then we'll eventually lose. If we had knocked back some of the gun control from earlier eras, we would have gained back some ground and forced the antis to re-take that ground (in all probability) before moving any farther. Basically we're where we were at when Clintstone took office. Visualize the changes I already enumerated along with a modification of McClure-Volkmer to allow easier access to LEGAL full auto weapons. Visualize sweeping reforms of the ATF and FBI to ensure that we never have incursions such as Ruby Ridge and Waco again. These are what should have happened. Instead we allowed our elected officials to sit on their asses and do nothing for about six years while we all felt good about NOT LOSING any more rights. Sorry to tell it like it is, but if you can't do so here, then where can you?

Pree..cisely! grin
Instead we allowed our elected officials to sit on their asses and do nothing for about six years while we all felt good about NOT LOSING any more rights. Sorry to tell it like it is, but if you can't do so here, then where can you?

This has been the pattern for decades. The anti-gunners gain ground when the Democrats attain the majority, and the pro-gunners hold ground (at best) when the Republicans attain the majority. I don't believe it's cynical to question the committment of the Republicans to the 2nd Amendment.
On April 27th, Texas Governor Rick Perry signed into law Senate Bill 112 to prevent the confiscation of firearms from law-abiding citizens during a state of natural disaster.

Some good news as Texan's at least won't have to worry about that happening to them from a state/local level. I wonder if any other states have passed similar laws as a result of this problem in N.O.?
Originally Posted by huntxs
Personnally, I'd be willing in that situation to let loose a few guns and securing the safety of my life, those of my family, and the retainment of the other guns that I can gaurantee they wouldn't find.

Those willing to trade freedom for safety will soon have neither.
© 24hourcampfire