Home
Posted By: Bristoe If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Who would you support for the Republican nomination,..and why.

No argument from me,...I just want to see where everybody's minds are on the subject these days.
Posted By: T LEE Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
If they are runnin against the obamanation I will vote for them! Simple as that.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Eric Cantor.

(that ought to start a ball rolling).

Or, Bob McDonnell.

Assuming, of course, that the (R) party decides to field anyone worth a schit.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Don't forget to say why you support the candidate you select, please.
You're implying that if she were to run, there would be blanket support by 24HCF members?

You have gone off the rails.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
You're implying that if she were to run, there would be blanket support by 24HCF members?

You have gone off the rails.

Well,..no,..I just wanted to see which other candidates are on people's minds.

Palin is about the only candidate for the GOP nomination that's being discussed,...so I wanted to hear some other possibilities.
Posted By: JeffA Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Romney, just due to electibility.

Palin is way down my list of last resorts.
Posted By: isaac Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Who knows who'll be in the line-up by then.

I gotta stick with the midterms. We argued/debated 08's election begininning the summer of 07 straigh through the election. That was frikken exhausting. I'm not going to start it up a year earlier than that.
Originally Posted by isaac

I gotta stick with the midterms. We argued/debated 08's election begininning the summer of 07 straigh through the election. That was frikken exhausting. I'm not going to start it up a year earlier than that.

I'm not trying to start a big hoo-haw,..I'm honestly curious about who mainstream GOP'ers are pondering.

I keep hearing Romney, Huckabee, and Palin of course. But there's very little talk about anyone else.
Thanks for that! wink
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I keep hearing Romney, Huckabee, and Palin of course. But there's very little talk about anyone else.

If those three are "it", the (R) is sunk, again.

Yep
Not against this current president.

Your prognostication on that, Bob?

Your track record is... suspect... to say the least.
I voted for the same man you did.

Football fun is over!!
Huckabee is toast after releasing Maurice Clemmons.
I voted for the same man you did.

Football fun is over!!

Yep, but weren't you also the one making the "McCain will win; hands down... no problem" prognostications?

Right up there with "Epic fail" on the health-care/control bill?

Thought so...
Posted By: amax155 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
None out there motivate me in any way. I am just curious as to whether someone will challenge Obama on the Dems side. I think it might be a possibility if the midterms go really bad for them. Just looking at how many are retiring instead of running.
Just bet against Bob for a sure win! smile smile smile
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
I don't see that Romney has any core conservcative principles of his own. He's a focus group conservative.
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
I don't see that Romney has any core conservcative principles of his own. He's a focus group conservative.

The (R) party version of Klintoon.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10

Sara is easy on the eyes, the lokking politician that I ever saw
Posted By: 1akhunter Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
I believe anyone I would really like to see hold that office is unelectable or has no desire to run for said office.

I'm hopin I'm wrong and someone comes outa the woodwork that I could feel good about supporting.

the real trouble as I see it, metaphorically, is the patient has smoked like a chimney, drank way far beyond excess, lived a very sedentary lifestyle, and gorged themselves on junk food.

finding a doctor to save his life may be a challenge in the first place, said doctor if smart enough to save him knowing even if 45% of the patient is grateful for his efforts, the biggest part of the patient will view him as a pariah.

I don't like our odds, but I hold onto a sliver of hope.

I really feel if the patient is to be saved, it will take amputation, say about half.
Posted By: byc Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
I'll be shocked if you do not see Scott Brown on the ticket with someone. Maybe McDonnell, Thune, Perry, or Romney. I don't see Newt coming back and just do not feel Palin is what we need right now. Someone very people and business minded needs to right this ship or it's sunk. I do like Sarah Palin, however.

I agree that mid-terms will be the reveal-all.

If Hussein fires Biden and hooks up with Hilary they are going to be tough to beat.

Hell I may run myself. I'll give all of you boolits and bbq.

Ron Paul would be my first choice. As to "why" the thing you posted yesterday (?) on his opposition to amnesty is a good example. Of those who ran last time, Tom Tancredo stands out. Sam Brownback is very conservative.
Some people "in the know" are predicting that Governor Rick Perry, of Texas, will announce for the nomination.

Any thoughts on him?
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

The (R) party version of Klintoon.

Yep, McClown II.
Posted By: panhandle Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Palin is the only one that has the same core values as my own so she is still my pick.
Posted By: Stan V Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Some people "in the know" are predicting that Governor Rick Perry, of Texas, will announce for the nomination.

Any thoughts on him?

Yea, I prefer Palin.
Tom Selleck,

Draft him,...he'll go.

He's already played Ike.

Tancredo for Sec HSA.

GTC
As it stands now, the primaries will be the downfall of the GOP.

Republican's will scorch the earth fighting to the fringe of the right wing to win in the primaries, thus scaring off moderates and Reagan Democrats in the General election.

Barring any huge calamity in the economy or defense, the election will be a repeat of 2008.

Bank on it.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
I would love to see the Palin/Bachman or Bachman/Palin ticket. They would have to put anti-seizure medication in Evian Bottled water to keep the left functioning.

I don't really know much about either, just love the foaming at the mouth they both cause. Both are mothers of 5 also, IIRC.

Any thoughts on him?

I watched some of Perry's speech at the Republican gathering the other day. There is something seriously weird about that man. I admit I haven't seen much of him previously.

I won't bring up how well Sarah did as some will get the wrong idea.
Originally Posted by Stan V

Any thoughts on him?

Yea, I prefer Palin.

Yep, and I don't even like her as a candidate.
Posted By: RickyD Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10

Your prognostication on that, Bob?

Your track record is... suspect... to say the least.
Bob has nearly a slam dunk this time if an election is held.

Obama is just getting started. By the time he introduces more new taxes and social engineering, the country will take most any choice they are offered but him.
Palin is Ross Perot part II.

She's sucking up all the media attention possible with her looks and popularity, but once she gets out there and actually TALKS, people can't run away fast enough.

Any thoughts on him?

Yea, I prefer Palin.
You're pro-amnesty then?
+1
Posted By: Barkoff Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Paul Ryan
Posted By: bea175 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Newt Gingrich
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
As it stands now, the primaries will be the downfall of the GOP.

Republican's will scorch the earth fighting to the fringe of the right wing to win in the primaries, thus scaring off moderates and Reagan Democrats in the General election.

Barring any huge calamity in the economy or defense, the election will be a repeat of 2008.

Bank on it.
Nope, the moderates (read: RINO) will keep running Democrats like Rudy or Romney, which will be the death of conservatism.
Over 60 percent of the country doesn't have a clue as to the ramifications of Bam-Bam's taxing schemes, as yet.I'm seeing it in staff payroll already and it hasn't even begun to fully implement.

Once folks used to getting a couple thousand back on their returns start getting 0 or paying a bit, the majority will begin to get a real life clue.Many are still mesmerized by the faux eloquence of his speech giving lies.

It appears the 2x4 to the wallet is what is going to be necessary for a great many.

Any thoughts on him?
He's a male version of Palin only with less hanging.

Think Dubya revisited. It wouldn't surprise me to see Jeb Bush crawl out of the woodwork. Look for RINO's to embrace either.

Perry has been pandering to the conservatives in his state for awhile now, but nobody believes his heart is in it. You can put all the Texas Rangers on the border you want to "recon" the situation. Wtf? Perry doesn't KNOW what's going on down there?
I realize I'm going out on a limb here,...but my prediction is,..Rick Perry will be the GOP candidate for President in 2012.
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

Any thoughts on him?

Yea, I prefer Palin.
You're pro-amnesty then?

You know I'm not and neither is Sarah.

Any thoughts on him?

Yea, I prefer Palin.
You're pro-amnesty then?

I know you're a dickweasel and RINO, but I have no idea about your stance on Amnesty. She is on-record as pro-Amnesty. Try to keep up son.
I still think Gingrich's stock is rising and he may be a potential candidate.

Some might wish to consider that Bammy may not be the 2012 candidate.
I realize I'm going out on a limb here,...but my prediction is,..Rick Perry will be the GOP candidate for President in 2012.

Maybe, like I said when one of your RPeeer's was running against him.....what was her name? Oh yea, Medina.

But, I prefer Palin. She's a conservative.

Yea, I prefer Palin.
You're pro-amnesty then?

I know you're a dickweasel and RINO, but I have no idea about your stance on Amnesty. She is on-record as pro-Amnesty. Try to keep up son.

Imagine that, an RPeeer asking someone else to keep up....LMAO! You upside down flag flyers are a hoot!
Palin is not on record as pro-amnesty. Using that thread the other day about the Univision interview to say that she is is pure BS.

Some might wish to consider that Bammy may not be the 2012 candidate.

How so?
It's Billary's turn.
If things continue to crumble and implode, I could see the left mounting a push for another candidate to seek the nomination.
Posted By: Duc1198 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Then the Republicans have a chance at winning back the White House.

I don't want to vote for Obama, but I'm not going to vote for Palin.

What has Palin proven?
That she is a quitter
That she hires her HS friends into positions they aren't qualified for
She abuses her power (but so does everyone in politics) for personal gain and to use it against others
She isn't up to par intellectually against many others, as proven in appearances on Beck's show
And oh yeah, she is a quitter

I don't care if she tags along as VP, but I really hope the Republicans don't try for her as their main hope. They will lose and we'll be stuck with Obama and whatever else he tries to push through, despite what the people want.
Palin is not on record as pro-amnesty. Using that thread the other day about the Univision interview to say that she is is pure BS.

You and I know that...and probably everyone on the 'fire that's not an RPeeer know that. If those RPeeer's knew how intelligent they really are they'd quit posting.
If things continue to crumble and implode, I could see the left mounting a push for another candidate to seek the nomination.

I hear ya---but I don't see it.
Originally Posted by Tony270WSM

What has Palin proven?
That she is a quitter
She abuses her power (but so does everyone in politics) for personal gain and to use it against others
She isn't up to par intellectually against many others, as proven in appearances on Beck's show

I don't care if she tags along as VP, but I really hope the Republicans don't try for her as their main hope. They will lose and we'll be stuck with Obama and whatever else he tries to push through, despite what the people want.

What a fine piece of work you are.
Care to elaborate? Is anything I've stated inaccurate? Or do you just have some fetish for her?
Posted By: arctic338 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10

What has Palin proven?
That she is a quitter

I see you know as much about Alaskan government and politics as I do about Oregon's. Not a dam thing! Her accomplishments in energy alone leave Obama and many RINO's lacking considerably.
It's Billary's turn.

Tell you what I'd vote for Hillary over half the other losers out there. Dem and Repubs. Go ahead and rip me now. I can handle it.
Your post speaks for itself.

I will say you sound like one of those Democrat moles who go around trying to discredit the leading conservative spokesperson at this time.
Even if she has accomplished some things in energy, does that make her a good candidate for pres? Will she win the vote? If not, her energy accomplishments don't mean jack.
My post does speak for itself, which is why I posted it. But if you disagree, please explain why.

I'm all for voting for a Republican, Independent, or almost anyone other than Obama. But Palin, IMO, just doesn't have what it takes and doesn't have the votes to get Obama out of office.
I would like to see a Paul Ryan/Sarah Palin ticket. Ryan has an excellent plan (Roadmap for America?) and is very articulate in debating his conservative plan vs. any dem or RINO. He took that idiot Slaughter apart piece by piece. He definitely is not a RINO. Sarah has the core conservative values that connect with middle America; and those folks are fighting mad right now.
Were the vote held today, yes she'd win the vote!
But the vote isn't being held today.

Like I said, I'd be fine with her going along as a VP so she can gain more experience and prove herself. For Pres, no or not yet at least.
Even if she has accomplished some things in energy, does that make her a good candidate for pres? Will she win the vote? If not, her energy accomplishments don't mean jack.

You tried to make is sound like she has no accomplishments and now are backing off on energy. One gentleman from Alaska has detailed her many accomplishments several times here at the fire. You should find some facts vs. character assination talking points from some left wing blog; seriously. I still like Ryan/Palin. Check them out with an open mind.
No schit!! So, considering today and her popularity, what gives you the accurate crystal ball for 2012?

What happens 2 1/2 years from now that changes things? Do you think you dems are going to turn things around??

How could she be satisfactory to you only for VP? You're asserting talking points only, not reasoned comments. You just saying these things, with nothing more, just doesn't cut it!
OK pard, name Obama's claims to fame before he was elected.

Maybe, like I said when one of your RPeeer's was running against him.....what was her name? Oh yea, Medina.

But, I prefer Palin. She's a conservative.

It just seems to me that he's behaving in a very shrewd manner.

His rhetoric positions him as a populist, giving lip service to states rights, the 10th amendment, and other hot button topics which have crept into the public's consciousness over the past few years, but he still pays homage to the neocon foreign policy.

Basically,...he's a neocon masquerading as a populist.

That could be the winning combination for 2012.
Man, I miss Fred Thompson.....

I wish he actually wanted the job....
Originally Posted by byc
It's Billary's turn.

Tell you what I'd vote for Hillary over half the other losers out there. Dem and Repubs. Go ahead and rip me now. I can handle it.

Come on, byc! Go start a fire on one of those ovens of yours and smell some smoke and get right! grin
hmmmmmm---he gave a good speech at the Democratic Convention. Guess that was enough for many. wink
My post does speak for itself, which is why I posted it. But if you disagree, please explain why.

I'm all for voting for a Republican, Independent, or almost anyone other than Obama. But Palin, IMO, just doesn't have what it takes and doesn't have the votes to get Obama out of office.

The "quitting" issue is a red herring. Cabinets are full of quitters who went to Washington just to go to Washington but nary a word is raised against them. In Sarah's case, no harm, no foul.
Bristoe.....other than RP,who would you vote for?
Originally Posted by byc
It's Billary's turn.

Come on, byc! Go start a fire on one of those ovens of yours and smell some smoke and get right! grin

Actually, truth be known I have the hots for her. sick Smoke signals on the way.
Before you guys start attacking me or my character or asking me to claim what Obama has done... take a breath.

I don't give a [bleep] what Obama has done. I give a [bleep] what he is doing now. I don't like him or what he's doing and would love to see him out of office.

But IMO Palin isn't the one to get it done. Am I right, who the hell knows. Everyone has their opinion. As VP she is fine with me. But for pres the facts are 1) she is a quitter 2) she hired a bunch of HS friends to take on roles they were not qualified for 3) she abused her powers against some cop guy who cheated or whatever the hell that stupid situation was 4) she can't compete intellectually with many out there in the political scene. Glen Beck has embarrassed her a few times without trying to make her look bad. Imagine what will happen to her when they really gun for her if she were up front. Needs more experience, needs to prove herself, IMO.

But go on, ask what Obama has done before getting elected and some other useless bullshit that really doesn't matter now, because he is where he is.
I am interested to see who really steps up in the Republican party the rest of this year and into the next. Perhaps some fresh face from, MA perhaps? Or a longtime party member who just hasn't tried to step up yet, but is determined now? Don't know, but want to see what they bring to the table because I want Obama gone.
Yeah, but what qualified him for the job, what actual experience did he have in governing on a national level.

Anything bad said about Palin on the experience level can almost be doubled down on Obama.

At least she has experience governing and running a business.

The "quitting" issue is a red herring. Cabinets are full of quitters who went to Washington just to go to Washington but nary a word is raised against them. In Sarah's case, no harm, no foul.
==========

It is somewhat of a sophomoric slant to take since many leave the Senate,Congress or their Governorship to advance politically.I mean,Bammy quit community organizing. The kennedy's quit bootlegging. Biden quit the Senate. Kid's arguments!!

I can't believe some folks still feel any confidence in such a bogus assertion.
Bristoe.....other than RP,who would you vote for?

Andrew Napolitano
Pat Buchanan
Before you guys start attacking me or my character or asking me to claim what Obama has done... take a breath.

I don't give a [bleep] what Obama has done. I give a [bleep] what he is doing now. I don't like him or what he's doing and would love to see him out of office.

But IMO Palin isn't the one to get it done. Am I right, who the hell knows. Everyone has their opinion. As VP she is fine with me. But for pres the facts are 1) she is a quitter 2) she hired a bunch of HS friends to take on roles they were not qualified for 3) she abused her powers against some cop guy who cheated or whatever the hell that stupid situation was 4) she can't compete intellectually with many out there in the political scene. Glen Beck has embarrassed her a few times without trying to make her look bad. Imagine what will happen to her when they really gun for her if she were up front. Needs more experience, needs to prove herself, IMO.

But go on, ask what Obama has done before getting elected and some other useless bullshit that really doesn't matter now, because he is where he is.

2- Not qualified you know this from Oregon, right? 3- Again I dought that you know the facts. 4- She sounds intellectual to me when in her speaches

I like what she stands for and it has not changed to siut the times.

I like Sarah
Hey Tony,

I agree that Obuma has got to go, but I don't have one question about one of your points, mostly because I recall something different, but I may be wrong....

Point #3....

Wasn't that dismissed because it was proven that she, in fact, DIDN'T do anything wrong?
What's your take on Gingrich?

Think of something outside of of his personal baggage,if you will.
Bammy quit community organizing.

Is that really on the same level as her leaving her position as Governor of Alaska because (appearance wise) it got too tough for her to handle?

That is the whole point, if it gets him the hell out of office it works for me. I am not a Palin groupie, but I will vote AGAINST Obama no matter who they put against him, PERIOD!

Is that really on the same level as her leaving her position as Governor of Alaska because (appearance wise) it got too tough for her to handle?

You realy don't know anything about Alaskan politics do you?
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Hey Tony,

I agree that Obuma has got to go, but I don't have one question about one of your points, mostly because I recall something different, but I may be wrong....

Point #3....

Wasn't that dismissed because it was proven that she, in fact, DIDN'T do anything wrong?

Yeah and OJ didn't kill his wife and her lover. Was proven in a court of law.

I do like her, just not for President. Not yet. Which is why I really hope they bring someone with a proven record, proven experience, preferrably military experience up for nomination. I'll vote for them.

===========

Bammy quit the Senate!
What's your take on Gingrich.

Old school, big government Republican,..owned 10 times over by the special interests groups.

Warmonger.
Having "intellectuals" in government has worked out so well.

Common sense is long past due as a qualification.

Old school, big government Republican,..owned 10 times over by the special interests groups.

Warmonger.

===============

When was our last budget in manageable order again?
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Hey Tony,

Point #3....

Yeah and OJ didn't kill his wife and her lover. Was proven in a court of law.

I do like her, just not for President. Not yet. Which is why I really hope they bring someone with a proven record, proven experience, preferrably military experience up for nomination. I'll vote for them.

She was found to have not violated any law or ethics and you from Oregon and knowing nothing of the facts can proclaim her guilty?

Your logic escapes me....
Also, point #4 is a bit subjective in my opinion. Mostly because ALL politicians sound retarded in interviews. They ALL always trip over their tongues. I think that is why they don't do them too often.

When I listen to her speaches, they sound well thought out to me, and very well founded in solid priciples. Seems pretty intelligent.

I also think she handed Biden his azz in the VP debates, but, then again, that is probably not saying much. Joe Biden isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

All in all, with her speaches, and her debates, I think she comes across pretty clever. It's the interviews that get her, but they get EVERYONE. She just gets more attention and sound bites on her screw ups than others. I think it's because she is feared more, but I speculate.

Warmonger.

===============

The bogus claims by the dems up here were driving her family to bankruptcy, as they were paying legal fees themselves and not the State. Don't imagine many of us would let our family go down the tubes for a job. You still haven't come up with anything other than Huffingtonpost talking points.
I mean, Obama still can't seem to say Marine Corps right. Still pronounces it corPPP's....
Oregon this Oregon that. Whats your point? Me, from Oregon sees what everyone else, outside of Alaska sees. Do you really think Alaska alone can win her the presidential nomination?
Originally Posted by arctic338

The bogus claims by the dems up here were driving her family to bankruptcy, as they were paying legal fees themselves and not the State. Don't imagine many of us would let our family go down the tubes for a job. You still haven't come up with anything other than Huffingtonpost talking points.

Alaska ethics didn't allow for her to have a defense fund like Slick Willy created to fight the Paula Jones law suit
Do you really think Alaska alone can win her the presidential nomination?
=============

Now you may be answering your own questions.
Oregon this Oregon that. Whats your point? Me, from Oregon sees what everyone else, outside of Alaska sees. Do you really think Alaska alone can win her the presidential nomination?

You don't have the facts is the point. Is that lost on you?

Warmonger.

===============

Well said! +100
Is clear you guys love her and want to see her win the Presidency. If you're right and I'm wrong, great. It gets Obama out of office. But I just don't see her winning. Is called an opinion. (now is the time for someone to say something about me being from Oregon)
In a time of war, I think a Governer has had experience as a military leader.... the buck stops at their desk when it comes to their National Guard troops.

I know for a fact that Alaska has had their boys in action repeatedly, because I've served with them.
Originally Posted by jwp475

Is that how Obama won, on facts? Or was it on opinion? Public perception?
Is clear you guys love her and want to see her win the Presidency. If you're right and I'm wrong, great. It gets Obama out of office. But I just don't see her winning. Is called an opinion. (now is the time for someone to say something about me being from Oregon)

Not believing that she can win is an opinion. Making BS calims is not an opinion
Will all the conservative posters from Oregon on the Fire please raise their hands.
Zero. Thanks for playing.

Is that how Obama won, on facts? Or was it on opinion? Public perception?

Don't keep making the same mistake
Once again, all about perception. What she is remembered for by some, if not many. Will have a hard road to overcome some of those perceptions, true or untrue.
Will all the conservative posters from Oregon on the Fire please raise their hands.

laugh laugh
Once again, all about perception. What she is remembered for by some, if not many. Will have a hard road to overcome some of those perceptions, true or untrue.

Is perception your reality or is reality your reality.. I'd say from your posts it is the former
Tony,

I think you have made your first SOLID point.

Like you, I think she rocks!

But sadly, I don't think most of America has been allowed to see what Alaska was able to experience under her leadership. The sad fact is that Alaska's voice gets dismissed and drowned out down in the lower 48.

This MAY be what can hurt her chances.

First point you made, that holds water in my book.

Is she electable? I think 2008 has shown that ANYBODY with a pulse is electable......

Are you pushing for us to vote Dem? Don't be a jackass
Mirror.
I'm out, have other things to attend to, but whether we agree on Palin or not, I'm sure we agree that Obama has to go. I'd be happy if Palin can do it, just think there is someone better out there who can step up and get it done.
Another valid point.... (you're on a roll, even if I disagreed with you first arguments)

Perception (PR) is EVERYTHING in politics. Truth is nothing....

so sad...

She may be able to overcome much of the perception that is out there about her, and she may not be able to. I hope she does.

She's a lot like Rush in that sense. 90% of what is said about them is simply false, yet powerful PR.....

Then spread the truth and combat the BS perceptions
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
I wouldnt mind seeing a Bachmann/Palin ticket.

From what I seen and heard, Bachmann is really the real deal and sticks to her convictions (right or wrong).

After watching the 2 together, I dont think they like each other which is a plus in my book. Its called checks and balance vs the lapdog we have now for VP.

I think these 2 could get things done and piss off the left at the same time.
jwp,

Totally agree bud! That's why I started my own webpage.

http://hugajackass.com

I may only be one voice, but I'm a screamer....

is that TMI?
I have to confess, I don't know much about Bachmann....

Seems to be a lot of you guys like her though, so I need to check her out.

I do disagree though about Biden being a lapdog.... I think he's an embarrasment to the White House.....seems to me they do everything they can to keep him from speaking in public. It cracks me up though.

You'd think that somebody that is an embarrassment to this administration would be somebody I'd like......holy crap it couldn't be any farther from the truth! He and Pelosi are probably the only things saving Obama from assassination.....the alternatives aren't any better!!! LOL
Posted By: shreck Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
MMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[Linked Image]

Shreck in 2012!!
Posted By: husqvarna Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Anyone who is not Obama or a Democrat because they are not Obama or a Democrat.
Only if ya dress like this!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: savageak Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
if i could really pick someone it would alan west from fl but at this point i would vote for cheeta over what we have ,doesn't matter who runs agianst the commie i'll vote for them'
Posted By: levrluvr Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
From what I seen and heard, Bachmann is really the real deal and sticks to her convictions (right or wrong).

After watching the 2 together, I dont think they like each other which is a plus in my book.

Bachmann is very well spoken, and is always in control. She never wavered when Sphincter told her to "act like a lady". When on stage with Palin in Minneapolis (during Hannity), she seemed much more knowledgeable about issues. I'm not sure they don't like each other, as their beliefs and values are very parallel. I doubt you'd see a ticket with both of them on it.
It's way to early to tell, and I'd hate to see anyone announce until after swearing in ceremonies in Jan 2011. Anyone could show up between now and then.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
I'm going off the couple of stink eyes Bachmann gave Palin during that interview.

I respect them both and If I had to choose today, that would be my choice.
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10

Anybody who's sticking their head up over the sandbags now won't be around by 2011. The state controlled media will see to that. I think it will be someone who isn't even on the radar right now......including my radar.

What has Palin proven?
That she is a quitter

Typical left-coast.

So, you'd rather Hussein whose proven:

That facts are his enemy (where, or where, are a HOST of documents on his past?);
That he appoints to positions his friends who are ardently anti-America;
That he associates with terrorists;
That abuse of power is taking on a whole new level with Hussein & Co.;
That he isn't on par with a pitbull intellectually, if you turn the teleprompter off;
That he's an avowed socialist;
That, by his own words, he'd turn on the U.S. in a war with muslims;
That, by his own words, he wants to change the U.S. from the most prosperous, advanced, most free nation on the planet;
And, oh yeah, facts are his enemy.

Good choice, that one. Typical Left-Coast.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Anybody who's sticking their head up over the sandbags now won't be around by 2011. The state controlled media will see to that. I think it will be someone who isn't even on the radar right now......including my radar.
You may be right. A fine line between name-recognition and giving the commies a chance to smear said name.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/11/10
Looking at the issues and not the baggage, I gotta go with Newt Gingrich.
I try to ignore baggage unless it gets to the point that it brings ones character and honesty into question. I have no problem with Newt�s.

Now, Billy Clinton was a whole different matter!
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10

What has Palin proven?
That she is a quitter

Gov. Palin�s record has proven quite a bit.
ALL your points have been fully vetted and largely disproved here on the �Fire.

Go back and read some of the Gov. Palin topics.
Notice how Sarah dominates all the topics. Even this one that was supposed to be about everyone but Gov. Palin. Post one about Romney and Palin takes over.
That is power! That is Mojo!

Notice how easy it is for us Palin supporters to back up our opinions with real world facts.
Go though the Palin record as detailed here on the Campfire.
Respond point by point and PROVE us wrong.

Start with �quitter.�

�Life is too short to compromise time and resources� it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: �Sit down and shut up�, but that�s the worthless, easy path; that�s a quitter�s way out. And a problem in our country today is apathy. It would be apathetic to just hunker down and �go with the flow.�

Nah, only dead fish �go with the flow� No. Productive, fulfilled people determine where to put their efforts, choosing to wisely utilize precious time...I WILL support others who seek to serve, in or out of office, for the RIGHT reasons, and I don�t care what party they�re in or no party at all. Inside Alaska � or Outside Alaska.�

�Let me go back to a comfortable analogy for me � sports� basketball. I use it because you�re na�ve if you don�t see the national full-court press picking away right now: A good point guard drives through a full court press, protecting the ball, keeping her eye on the basket� and she knows exactly when to pass the ball so that the team can WIN. And I�m doing that � keeping our eye on the ball that represents sound priorities � smaller government, energy independence, national security, freedom! And I know when it�s time to pass the ball � for victory.� Sarah Palin

OK, how about Janine Turner? She is urging America to get back to our First Principles and restore America as a Constitutional Republic.
Janine Turner is the founder and co-chairman of �Constituting America.� For more visit www.constitutingamerica.org.

And she once played a role as an Alaskan.
Works for me.
Posted By: levrluvr Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Looking at the issues and not the baggage, I gotta go with Newt Gingrich.
I try to ignore baggage unless it gets to the point that it brings ones character and honesty into question. I have no problem with Newt�s.

The best thing to watch if Newt were to run and be nominated would be him shredding Barry in a debate. It would be absolutely hilarious. It would finally be evident to everyone why the transcripts are being kept a secret.
Dennis Miller claims Newt is always the smartest man in the room; his knowledge of history and politics is off the charts.
If Dennis and Newt were in the same room, a tossup.
Posted By: Paddler Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10

What has Palin proven?
That she is a quitter

Couldn't agree more! All flash, no substance. Romney is a proven flip flopper, though seems very capable and business savvy. I just want the brightest, most level-headed, insightful and courageous person in the White House. Unlike many here, I think we got it right last time around. As Lee Iacocca used to say, "If you can find a better car, buy it." Unfortunately, he was talking about Chrysler, and people did. I'm happy with Obama's performance to date, we'll see how the next couple of years go.
Originally Posted by Paddler

What has Palin proven?
That she is a quitter

Couldn't agree more! All flash, no substance. Romney is a proven flip flopper, though seems very capable and business savvy. I just want the brightest, most level-headed, insightful and courageous person in the White House. Unlike many here, I think we got it right last time around. As Lee Iacocca used to say, "If you can find a better car, buy it." Unfortunately, he was talking about Chrysler, and people did. I'm happy with Obama's performance to date, we'll see how the next couple of years go.
This should be good.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
What has he done that's been so good for the country?
I don't know that I can agree with Dennis Miller on that one...

Charles Krauthammer (Sp??) is about as intelectually brilliant as they come, and often in the same room as Newt.

That's no knock on Newt or Dennis though....

Common sense just makes you sound and look smarter than everyone else, that's just how uncommon it is.....
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
I'm with Mac, I would like to know what this putz that the left hired has done that is good for this country. I'm just not seeing it.
Posted By: rrroae Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Truthfully, I've become so exasperated over the state of our politics and country, I just don't really care much anymore.

If I was forced to chose, I have 2 rocks in my front yard I've named Fred and Annie that would get a good amount of consideration.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Dont say that to loud rrr. fred and annie will be taxed here shortly.
Me and Fred were talking about that the other day. He didn't say much but I could tell he was pissed. Annie on the other hand just glared.

You're a moron.

Nearly fourteen months after Obama's inauguration, we have an economy heading in the wrong direction, unemployment doubled,a loss of 4 million jobs, a deficit that will triple, banks failing, a war command which is virtually ignored, terrorists given Constitutional rights at a civil trial, and an administration bent on destroying,not reforming ,the world's best health care system.A government that has taken over 50% of the economy and in the process destroyed millions of private sector jobs. Not a bad job for your moron-in-chief .

Fortuneatly Obama has the lowest approval rating and the highest disapproval rating of any president,this early in his term,in the last fifty years.Most citizens are awakening to the fact that Obama is a failure.It's too bad that you're not even this smart.LOL.

Demonstrate to the members Obama's itelligence,because it's abundantly clear you have none!
Sportingspecialist, when I challenged Piddler to back up his cheap shots about Gov. Palin:

�ALL and I mean ALL your uniformed and opinionated cheap shots have been fully vetted on the �Fire long before 3/19/10. Including your 2008 videos that you seem so proud of.
You would do well to go back and read some of the Gov. Palin topics. Notice how easy it is for us Palin supporters to back up our opinions with real world facts.
Respond point by point and PROVE us wrong.

Otherwise you will continue to sound like a fool.�

He folded like a rag doll rather than respond to what you and I and others have posted about Gov. Palin and her record. Said he had better things to do.
So far all he can muster in response to your detailed analysis about Obama and the 2nd Amendment is that it hasn�t happen yet.

WOW, that is really deep! That would be like looking at Obama�s record vs. McCain and voting for Obama!

That is the way with all the Sarah Snipers and the Maher/Olbermann wantabes. Challenge them to back up their positions with anything creditable and all they can do is squeak and scurry back under the �fridge.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Originally Posted by rrroae
Truthfully, I've become so exasperated over the state of our politics and country, I just don't really care much anymore.

Well,...I don't think it'll make any difference who gets elected,..but keeping up with how people are thinking about it, and how prospective politicians are positioning themselves has become sort of a spectator sport to me.

Rick Perry is working to make all the right moves.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Rick.Perry.Texas.2.1280352.html

I've been busy on the Border beat.

WHO is this IDIOT Paddler ?

GTC
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/no-need-get-tied-down-yet

and he even got invited to give a little speech to the Bilderberger bunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90jfQrb4wAE
They have no valid data to back their fallacious claims that Obama is intelligent.Nor do they possess any data to prove that Sarah Palin wasn't an affective governor.

Bowsinger you're right about these liberal shills.When challenged to prove their claims they scurry back to their rat holes.

Hey little-boy-paddler,which one of these Democrat women most resembles your wife?

Stan the Man is right about what Gov. Palin really said about illegal immigration:

Q: Should undocumented immigrants all should be deported?
A: There is no way that in the US we would roundup every illegal immigrant--there are about 12 million of the illegal immigrants--not only economically is that just an impossibility but that's not a humane way anyway to deal with the issue.
Q: Do you then favor an amnesty for the 12 million undocumented immigrants?
A: No, I do not. Not total amnesty. You know, people have got to follow the rules. We have got to make sure that there is equal opportunity and those who are here legally should be first in line for services being provided and those opportunities that this great country provides.
Q: So you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?
A: I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.
Source: Univision Interview with Sarah Palin, by Jorge Ramos Oct 26, 2008

This is old stuff and Sarah needs to do an update, but she never said what the Far Left took and twisted.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER.

Q: Should undocumented immigrants all should be deported?
A: There is no way that in the US we would roundup every illegal immigrant--there are about 12 million of the illegal immigrants--not only economically is that just an impossibility but that's not a humane way anyway to deal with the issue.
Q: Do you then favor an amnesty for the 12 million undocumented immigrants?
A: No, I do not. Not total amnesty. You know, people have got to follow the rules. We have got to make sure that there is equal opportunity and those who are here legally should be first in line for services being provided and those opportunities that this great country provides.
Q: So you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?
A: I do
because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.
Source: Univision Interview with Sarah Palin, by Jorge Ramos Oct 26, 2008

This is old stuff and Sarah needs to do an update, but she never said what the Far Left took and twisted.

If that's what ya want, vote for Palin!

Everybody who "supports a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants", say "Aye".

Rick Perry is working to make all the right moves.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Rick.Perry.Texas.2.1280352.html

lol

Sounds like another winner.

Number of issues in that link but this one really caught my eye.

Perry refused to do a formal interview with us and would only say, "Going to Israel or other countries is a wise investment for the state of Texas."

Now what could Israel possibly offer that would benefit Texas?
Posted By: arctic338 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Uzi's? smile
Everybody who "supports a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants", say "Aye".

Apparently more than a few here do as long as it's Palin leading the charge.
Posted By: nemesis Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10

Seems like one pretty famous conservative didn't have a problem with it.......

"The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), also Simpson-Mazzoli Act (Pub.L. 99-603, 100 Stat. 3359, signed by President Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986) is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act made it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit illegal immigrants (immigrants who do not possess lawful work authorization), required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status, and granted amnesty to certain illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously. The Act also granted a path towards legalization to certain agricultural seasonal workers and immigrants who had been continuously and illegally present in the United States since January 1, 1982.[1]"

Just sayin'.......
Originally Posted by nemesis

"The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), also Simpson-Mazzoli Act (Pub.L. 99-603, 100 Stat. 3359, signed by President Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986) is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act made it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit illegal immigrants (immigrants who do not possess lawful work authorization), required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status, and granted amnesty to certain illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously. The Act also granted a path towards legalization to certain agricultural seasonal workers and immigrants who had been continuously and illegally present in the United States since January 1, 1982.[1]"

Just sayin'.......

So,...does all of that mean that you personally "support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants"?

Just askin',.......
Posted By: Clay Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10

No argument from me,...I just want to see where everybody's minds are on the subject these days.

Romney ........ appears he may be more qualified than the other lead horses to help turn around the economic state of disaster this country is in.
It amazes me that, regardless of political affiliation, the wording is so similiar.

It's as if the same person is writing it.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar/04/nation/la-na-immigration5-2010mar05

In the session, Obama and members of his Domestic Policy Council outlined ways to resuscitate the effort in a White House meeting with two senators -- Democrat Charles E. Schumer of New York and Republican Lindsey Graham of South Carolina -- who have spent months trying to craft a bill.

According to a person familiar with the meeting, the White House may ask Schumer and Graham to at least produce a blueprint that could be turned into legislative language.

The basis of a bill would include a path toward citizenship for the 10.8 million people living in the U.S. illegally.

Posted By: NathanL Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
I want a candidate that can articulate why they believe in something and how that relates to citizens. Especially those citizens who normally wouldn't vote for them.

I'm tired of "it's always been that way", or "I just don't like the other side". Even Perry wound up changing parties when the winds of change blew that way.....
Originally Posted by sportingspecialist

You're a moron.

Nearly fourteen months after Obama's inauguration, we have an economy heading in the wrong direction, unemployment doubled,a loss of 4 million jobs, a deficit that will triple, banks failing, a war command which is virtually ignored, terrorists given Constitutional rights at a civil trial, and an administration bent on destroying,not reforming ,the world's best health care system.A government that has taken over 50% of the economy and in the process destroyed millions of private sector jobs. Not a bad job for your moron-in-chief .

Fortuneatly Obama has the lowest approval rating and the highest disapproval rating of any president,this early in his term,in the last fifty years.Most citizens are awakening to the fact that Obama is a failure.It's too bad that you're not even this smart.LOL.

Demonstrate to the members Obama's itelligence,because it's abundantly clear you have none!

Why are you always yelling? I downsized your font so that it more accurately reflects the size of your pea brain. You really don't deserve to take up all that space on the forum, and smaller print makes your mispellings and inaccurate punctuation less obvious.

It is plain to see that Palin is a moron and a quitter. If you cannot make that judgement after hearing her speak for 60 seconds, well, there you go. That's all I have to say about her. You may peruse the other recent Palin thread and review the videos of her inept, uninformed and rambling interviews to help convince yourself she is completely unqualified to run for office. Any office. wink

I like the healthcare reform pushed through by the Obama administration, as doing nothing is a guarantee of increasing healthcare costs for all of us. I like his foreign policy, including his stance opposing Isreal building new settlements, his nuclear policy, and his firm insistence that corruption in Afganistan's government end. I really like the fact that he has stepped up the drone attacks in the tribal areas of Pakistan. I'm not sure if it will help much, as I think we are totally screwed over there. The real tragedy is that the Bush Doctrine got us in there in the first place.

Y'all better hope Palin isn't the Republican candidate for President in 2012, as she would surely be defeated. Mainstream America is way too smart to fall for her folksy BS.

Posted By: toltecgriz Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Paddler=Democrat mole
Paddler=Democrat mole

What do you mean by "mole"? I'm out in the open, and yes, a registered Democrat. Are you saying that the Campfire is only for Republicans? I didn't see that rule when I registered.
No, no rules, just an assessment of your mission of misinformation because you can't be as stupid as you seem.
Posted By: Idared Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Interesting thread. Lots of points to mull over. The closest to my thoughts is

Originally Posted by Steve_NO

The media was one of the biggest differences the last time and I don't see that changing.

It will be interesting to see where the campaign donations go after the Supreme Court decision. Money does talk and it could very well influence things a bit.
Posted By: nemesis Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10

Just sayin'.......

So,...does all of that mean that you personally "support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants"?

Just askin',.......

Personally, I don't support a "path to citizenship" for illegals and I really don't think Sarah Palin does either.

If you read her responses to the reporter's questions carefully, you will see that she is adamantly opposed to amnesty and clearly states that we must follow the rules and not allow the illegals to jump ahead of those here legally.

I think when the reporter asked her about supporting a "path to citizenship", she probably thought he was referring to the necessity for the US to have an immigration policy in general, because she said "It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country."

Whatever she meant will surely become clear very shortly and if she truly supports a "path to citizenship" that involves shortcutting the system and allowing the illegals who are here to become citizens without going through the same rigorous procedures that all other immigrants to this country had to follow, then I agree that she should cast onto the same trash pile as the rest of GOP neocons who hold similar beliefs.

But for now, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt because of previous statements like:

"Sarah Palin made her position on illegal immigration known tonight in an radio interview with Rusty Humphries show. At the 11.00min mark in the interview Gov Palin states that we need to close the Southern border. She said that they are called illegal for a reason and if they can not follow the rules they do not need to be in this country."

Oh, and by the way, for what it's worth, those remarks about a "path to citizenship" that everyone is getting so excited about were made during an interview with a Spanish Univision reporter on October 26, 2008 while Sarah was running for Vice President on the McCain ticket.......
Posted By: isaac Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Palin sure does have you "Code-Pinkers" frothing at the bit. The only thing more amusing than watching the confused get all twisted over Palin's easy demolition of their party is reading your analysis' of the dynamic.

What can we buy for you today,Piddler?
Posted By: Mac84 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
"I like the healthcare reform pushed through by the Obama administration, as doing nothing is a guarantee of increasing healthcare costs for all of us."

Same as this "reform" guarantees increased health care for all of us. Only this plan pushes us further down the path of socialism, but you're a democrat so that's your ultimate goal anyway.
Posted By: tbear Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Gingrich/Palin might be a good ticket. Gingrich would make a great president, but there is a lot of old baggage. Probably to qualified to win.
Posted By: Stan V Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
But, RP says O is not a Socialist, he's a Corporatist. So, maybe these dims are, too? I wish the RPeeer's would clear this up. Their Messiah has spoken and muddied the waters.
Posted By: tzone Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10

If those three are "it", the (R) is sunk, again.

Yep.

Just sayin'.......

Just askin',.......

Personally, I don't support a "path to citizenship" for illegals and I really don't think Sarah Palin does either.

If you read her responses to the reporter's questions carefully, .

If you read it at *all* she definitely states that she does in very plain language.
But,...it's Palin,...so it's ok.
Posted By: Stan V Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Oh Sage, are you not the spokesman for everything RP? Hep a brother out.....O, socialist/corporatist? RP appears more confused than usual and it has to be a drag for his followers. If you can't/won't answer can you get me in touch with one of RP's college aged supporters? You know, his base.

Why are you always yelling? I downsized your font so that it more accurately reflects the size of your pea brain. You really don't deserve to take up all that space on the forum, and smaller print makes your mispellings and inaccurate punctuation less obvious.

It is plain to see that Palin is a moron and a quitter. If you cannot make that judgement after hearing her speak for 60 seconds, well, there you go. That's all I have to say about her. You may peruse the other recent Palin thread and review the videos of her inept, uninformed and rambling interviews to help convince yourself she is completely unqualified to run for office. Any office. wink

I like the healthcare reform pushed through by the Obama administration, as doing nothing is a guarantee of increasing healthcare costs for all of us. I like his foreign policy, including his stance opposing Isreal building new settlements, his nuclear policy, and his firm insistence that corruption in Afganistan's government end. I really like the fact that he has stepped up the drone attacks in the tribal areas of Pakistan. I'm not sure if it will help much, as I think we are totally screwed over there. The real tragedy is that the Bush Doctrine got us in there in the first place.

Y'all better hope Palin isn't the Republican candidate for President in 2012, as she would surely be defeated. Mainstream America is way too smart to fall for her folksy BS.

It is plain to see that Palin is a moron and a quitter.
She's a moron because you say so.LOL.If that's your criterea,then my claim that you are a moron is valid.LOL. You've dodged my challenge,to demonstrate that Obama is intelligent,in three different threads.

It could be explained to you liberal asswipes a milliom times,as to why Palin left her position as governor,but you will still refuse to comprehend it.That's not unusual as you must be brain dead to espouse liberal ideology.

If you cannot make that judgement after hearing her speak for 60 seconds, well, there you go. That's all I have to say about her. You may peruse the other recent Palin thread and review the videos of her inept, uninformed and rambling interviews to help convince yourself she is completely unqualified to run for office. Any office.
As opposed to your messiah's rambling when he's not scripted or without his teleprompter.

I like the healthcare reform pushed through by the Obama administration, as doing nothing is a guarantee of increasing healthcare costs for all of us.
It could be explained to morons,such as yourself,time and time again but since you don't possess the capacity to comprehend it does no good.For the sake of illustrating your stunning ignorance I will do it again.
There was no health care reform.This was,yet again under the Obama administration,a complete take over of 1/6 of the US pivate sector.
Your claims in this statement speaks volumes about your complete ignorance of the facts.We have the best health care system in the world.If he wanted to enact true reform, he would have addressed several relevant issues such as price controls on drugs,tort reform,portability,medical savings accounts and allowing co-ops to form so as to provide greater purchasing power by citizens.Since he took 150 million dollars from big pharma,refused to offend lawyers with tort reform and disallowed any legitimate ideas of reform,your statement is not only false but utterly disengenuous as well.Obama instead wants the central government to takeover another private sector industry.And for his feigned benevolence,he would only ask that we would eventually forfiet more of our already tax burdened income to keep his malignant Marxist ideology alive.

I like his foreign policy, including his stance opposing Isreal building new settlements, his nuclear policy, and his firm insistence that corruption in Afganistan's government end.
The foreign policy,such as apologizing to other nations for our exceptionalism.Opposing new settlemenst is just another illustation of his anti-semitism.His nuclear policy,that undermines our tactical advantage and provides opportunities for our enemies to reconstitute theirs.You mean this policy.LOL.His firm insintence that corruption ends.Hey moron,that is a perfect example of Obama calling the kettle black.LOL.

I really like the fact that he has stepped up the drone attacks in the tribal areas of Pakistan. I'm not sure if it will help much, as I think we are totally screwed over there. The real tragedy is that the Bush Doctrine got us in there in the first place.
There are four Bush Doctrines,but I wouldn't expect a liberal asswipe like youself to be able to understand or iterate them.LOL.

As I've stated before,but it's worth repeating.Obama has the lowest approval rating and the highest disapproval rating of any president,this early in his term,in the last fifty years.Manistream American was foold into voting for the most radical person in the history of American politics,but they are awakening from their slumber.The Republicans could run a monkey and defeat Obama.
The most pressing issue this nation faces is our economy. Obama ignored this to pursue his dream of government takeover and control of as many industries in the private sector as possible.Some of us need not one minute longer to discern Obama's agenda.Some of us,excluding you, have read about this man from multiple sources and we know exactly who and what he represents.I have read "Dreams from My Father","The Audacity of Hope" , "The Man behind the Mask", "The Obama Nation " ,"Culture of Corruption" as well as hundreds of articles about this Kenyon usurper.You on the other hand have only puppeted liberal talking points.

Posted By: billhilly Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Gary Johnson
Heath Ledger would be someone we could all get behind.
Oh Sage, are you not the spokesman for everything RP? Hep a brother out.....O, socialist/corporatist? .

There's been socialist aspects to America's government for longer than you've been alive. I don't see Obama changing that.

During the past several decades, America's government has become increasingly corporatist. As Mussolini stated, fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism,....and yes,.Obama is definitely a corporatist,..just as Bush and Clinton were.

Corporatism (fascism) is capitalism in decay.

Aye, it is too late to close that barn door. We need solutions that will work with reality.
The Illegals are here. We let them in. They are here for a reason.
If you know a way to load millions of women and kids onto the buses and force them across the border, who is going to pluck your chickens and pick your strawberries?

We couldn�t even send one little Cuban kid back without setting this country on its ear.
Gov. Palin was right, we can solve this problem in �a humane way.�

Aye, it is too late to close that barn door. We need solutions that will work with reality.
The Illegals are here. We let them in. They are here for a reason.
If you know a way to load millions of women and kids onto the buses and force them across the border, who is going to pluck your chickens and pick your strawberries?

We couldn�t even send one little Cuban kid back without setting this country on its ear.
Gov. Palin was right, we can solve this problem in �a humane way.�

Are you saying that if we made stiff penalties for companies that hired illegals, we wouldn't see a massive decrease? What if we also cut all entitlements?

Making it sound like we have to physically deport millions of illegals is what a politician would say to cloud the issue.
Paddler=Democrat mole

What do you mean by "mole"? I'm out in the open, and yes, a registered Democrat. Are you saying that the Campfire is only for Republicans? I didn't see that rule when I registered.
Piddler=Sockpuppet
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
" Paddler " ain't a real people , I'm tellin' you !
Posted By: Berettaman Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty is testing the waters and I believe would make a very good prez. He has cajones. He has done a lot to balance the MN budget....not everything I like, but it will never be the case that someone is perfect.

Bachman....I dont think she is electable. I have met her a couple of times and I dont see her as VP or Prez material. She is good in her current role.
This stuff probably should be on the thread where quite a few Campfire Pundits did propose-Round em up and point em South! Seize and sell their stuff!
Put deer stands and the Chiricahua on the border!

Like we don�t need the Latino vote to pry Obama out of the White House.
Most of those illegals that we invited here surreptitiously, have legal relatives.
Who have a keen sense of fairness.

And where did you get the idea that I said stopping the demand for illegal workers wouldn�t be a key component in cleaning up the Border mess.

And: �Making it sound like we have to physically deport millions of illegals is what a politician would say to cloud the issue.�
The whole point of Gov. Palin�s quotes is that she didn�t say that.

It is plain to see that Palin is a moron and a quitter.
She's a moron because you say so.LOL.If that's your criterea,then my claim that you are a moron is valid.LOL. You've dodged my challenge,to demonstrate that Obama is intelligent,in three different threads.

It could be explained to you liberal asswipes a milliom times,as to why Palin left her position as governor,but you will still refuse to comprehend it.That's not unusual as you must be brain dead to espouse liberal ideology.

If you cannot make that judgement after hearing her speak for 60 seconds, well, there you go. That's all I have to say about her. You may peruse the other recent Palin thread and review the videos of her inept, uninformed and rambling interviews to help convince yourself she is completely unqualified to run for office. Any office.
As opposed to your messiah's rambling when he's not scripted or without his teleprompter.

I like the healthcare reform pushed through by the Obama administration, as doing nothing is a guarantee of increasing healthcare costs for all of us.
It could be explained to morons,such as yourself,time and time again but since you don't possess the capacity to comprehend it does no good.For the sake of illustrating your stunning ignorance I will do it again.
There was no health care reform.This was,yet again under the Obama administration,a complete take over of 1/6 of the US pivate sector.
Your claims in this statement speaks volumes about your complete ignorance of the facts.We have the best health care system in the world.If he wanted to enact true reform, he would have addressed several relevant issues such as price controls on drugs,tort reform,portability,medical savings accounts and allowing co-ops to form so as to provide greater purchasing power by citizens.Since he took 150 million dollars from big pharma,refused to offend lawyers with tort reform and disallowed any legitimate ideas of reform,your statement is not only false but utterly disengenuous as well.Obama instead wants the central government to takeover another private sector industry.And for his feigned benevolence,he would only ask that we would eventually forfiet more of our already tax burdened income to keep his malignant Marxist ideology alive.

I like his foreign policy, including his stance opposing Isreal building new settlements, his nuclear policy, and his firm insistence that corruption in Afganistan's government end.
The foreign policy,such as apologizing to other nations for our exceptionalism.Opposing new settlemenst is just another illustation of his anti-semitism.His nuclear policy,that undermines our tactical advantage and provides opportunities for our enemies to reconstitute theirs.You mean this policy.LOL.His firm insintence that corruption ends.Hey moron,that is a perfect example of Obama calling the kettle black.LOL.

I really like the fact that he has stepped up the drone attacks in the tribal areas of Pakistan. I'm not sure if it will help much, as I think we are totally screwed over there. The real tragedy is that the Bush Doctrine got us in there in the first place.
There are four Bush Doctrines,but I wouldn't expect a liberal asswipe like youself to be able to understand or iterate them.LOL.

As I've stated before,but it's worth repeating.Obama has the lowest approval rating and the highest disapproval rating of any president,this early in his term,in the last fifty years.Manistream American was foold into voting for the most radical person in the history of American politics,but they are awakening from their slumber.The Republicans could run a monkey and defeat Obama.
The most pressing issue this nation faces is our economy. Obama ignored this to pursue his dream of government takeover and control of as many industries in the private sector as possible.Some of us need not one minute longer to discern Obama's agenda.Some of us,excluding you, have read about this man from multiple sources and we know exactly who and what he represents.I have read "Dreams from My Father","The Audacity of Hope" , "The Man behind the Mask", "The Obama Nation " ,"Culture of Corruption" as well as hundreds of articles about this Kenyon usurper.You on the other hand have only puppeted liberal talking points.

I had to downsize your font again. You could save me the trouble if you didn't ramble so nonsensically. BTW, it's curious you now choose blue type. You wouldn't be one of those closet Democrats, would you? You're like a whiney little girl with curly hair, changing colors and sizes. I'm surprised you don't dot your "i"'s with frowny faces.

Obama has done none of the thigns you attribute to him, but rather inhereted a mess not of his doing. I firmly believe he is doing everything possible to right our nation. You know, after you've driven you car into the ditch, it makes no sense to yell at the tow truck driver.

Palin is a twit with no substance, Huckaby is unelectable, Romney has credibility issues, etc. The Republicans had better get busy finding somebody to represent them. That person cannot pander to the far right without putting off the more moderate Republicans, either.

BTW, I'm not too keen on this amnesty thing. Once illegal, always illegal, it seems to me. A solution to illegal immiration could be found, but I'm not optomistic for anything in the near future.
Blah blah blah
Posted By: isaac Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
LMAO...It's hard for me to fathom a Bam-Bam follower speaking of other's credibility issues.

Your boy is a pathological liar. How do you deal with that credibilty issue?

Most of those illegals that we invited here surreptitiously, have legal relatives.

So if we also needed the anti-gunners to get Obama out, would you also sell out there?

So if we also needed the anti-gunners to get Obama out, would you also sell out there?

It would be disturbing if it mattered,...lol.

The American people are going to get exactly what they've got until it all boils down into a clump of manure.
Posted By: Soulfly Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
I will admit I did not read all 19 pages but on the pages I did see, I didnt see the name Gary Johnson. I think he would be a good canidate as would Ron Paul and Andrew Napolitano. But since neither party will not likley be putting up any decent canidates I will either vote 3rd party or not at all.

If it mattered, I'd have no doubt the GOP would sell out.

Of course, 10 minutes later Bob would come strutting along telling us what a great idea it was and how siding with the anti-gunners was 'actually' siding with the pro 2nd amendment crowd.
Originally Posted by 270LightningBLR
I will admit I did not read all 19 pages but on the pages I did see, I didnt see the name Gary Johnson. I think he would be a good canidate as would Ron Paul and Andrew Napolitano. But since neither party will not likley be putting up any decent canidates I will either vote 3rd party or not at all.

Pathetic
Posted By: RickyD Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10

If it mattered, I'd have no doubt the GOP would sell out.

Of course, 10 minutes later Bob would come strutting along telling us what a great idea it was and how siding with the anti-gunners was 'actually' siding with the pro 2nd amendment crowd.
Why don't you boys start your own party and if it doesn't make it, you could sell off the rights for a Saturday morning cartoon series.
Posted By: Soulfly Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10
Sorry girley, I wont "tow the party line", now run along.
Posted By: RickyD Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/12/10

Pathetic
And just what Obama hopes.
Originally Posted by RickyD

And just what Obama hopes.

I don't care what Obamma wants or hopes for anymore than I care what Michael Steele wants or hopes for.
Sorry girley, I wont "tow the party line", now run along.

You might look into spellcheck, genius.
I won't vote for any candidate who is endorsed by the political machine which controls the government.

Since neither the Democrats or Republicans will allow a candidate to win the nomination for their party without the blessing of the Washington D.C. political machine, it's totally futile to make the attempt to vote for your own best interests unless you vote third party.

I won't vote for any candidate who is endorsed by the political machine which controls the government.

Since neither the Democrats or Republicans will allow a candidate to win the nomination for their party without the blessing of the Washington D.C. political machine, it's totally futile to make the attempt to vote for your own best interests unless you vote third party.

Ohhh Boy!!

.....you're gonna make Toltecgriz do his Fred Sanford impersonation.
Is that the "Margaret, it's the big one. I'm coming home" type of thing. Fred's version of "Beam me up, Scotty!"

No, I don't get upset at Bristoe because despite his best intentioons, he is unreachable.

Ohhh Boy!!

.....you're gonna make Toltecgriz do his Fred Sanford impersonation.

He's probably a boomer.

I don't expect much in the way of political insight from the boomer generation. I'm a boomer also.

I've been living among them knotheads my whole life.

I had to downsize your font again. You could save me the trouble if you didn't ramble so nonsensically. BTW, it's curious you now choose blue type. You wouldn't be one of those closet Democrats, would you? You're like a whiney little girl with curly hair, changing colors and sizes. I'm surprised you don't dot your "i"'s with frowny faces.

Obama has done none of the thigns you attribute to him, but rather inhereted a mess not of his doing. I firmly believe he is doing everything possible to right our nation. You know, after you've driven you car into the ditch, it makes no sense to yell at the tow truck driver.

Palin is a twit with no substance, Huckaby is unelectable, Romney has credibility issues, etc. The Republicans had better get busy finding somebody to represent them. That person cannot pander to the far right without putting off the more moderate Republicans, either.

BTW, I'm not too keen on this amnesty thing. Once illegal, always illegal, it seems to me. A solution to illegal immiration could be found, but I'm not optomistic for anything in the near future.

Did your wife construct this last sentence or is it the metrosexual side of your personality coming to the surface.It reminds me of the way Obama throws a baseball,like a wuss.LOL.
Downsizing my type will not downsize the truth that I post.Since you're supporting a commie I thought you might not be able to read red type, so I chose blue.LOL.

"Obama has done none of the things".That's all you have to write.He didn't do it.I knew you were a pseudo intellectual from your first whiney post,and this last post proves it once again.Also just like a whiney little liberal you not only don't allow your messiah to assume any responsibility for the current state of our nation but you blame someone else.
I suppose that you'll blame someone else for the lie that Obama told when he promised he would create 3.5 million jobs in his first year in office.Instead this moron lost 4 million jobs.Obama is the most radical and least qualified person to ever dupe the public.Since you are a representative example of the Obama voter,it's abundantly obvious as to why he was able to dupe such a moron as yourself.

The most pressing issue this nation faces is our economy. Obama ignored this to pursue his dream of government takeover and control of as many industries in the private sector as possible.He's presiding over 9.7% unemployment and a declining GDP.Some of us need not one minute longer to discern Obama's agenda.Some of us,excluding you, have read about this man from multiple sources and we know exactly who and what he represents.I have read "Dreams from My Father","The Audacity of Hope" , "The Man behind the Mask", "The Obama Nation " ,"Culture of Corruption" as well as hundreds of articles about this Kenyon usurper.You on the other hand have only puppeted liberal talking points.
Still no legitimate answer for this,except "Obama has done none of the things".LOL

Keep repeating that mantra,you may eventually convince yourself.If she presented no threat to your messiah then Obama would feel no need to attempt to rebutt her insightful allegations.With every comment on her Facebook page this Marxist administration feels compelled to answer her.Her ingenious comment about Death Panels had this administration apoplectic for months.When Mrs. Palin commented that Obama is no expert on nuclear arms,Obama again felt compelled to respond.No other person on the political landscape is capable of eliciting such responses from this Marxist administration.The Americam people are fed up with elite university pseudo intellectuals.Sarah Palin's common sense conservatism strikes a chord with millions of people.So keep your head buried up your ass and the American citizens will shove it farther up there this coming mid term elections.LOL.

Since you've illustrated your massive ignorance and stunning stupidity with your previous comments,who cares what you think at this point.
Please don't stop now.With every word you demonstrate,to all members, the mentallity and total lack of substance of the modern brain dead liberal.

Why can�t liberals find facts?
Answer: They aren�t looking for any.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I've been busy on the Border beat.

WHO is this IDIOT Paddler ?

GTC

He is the guy that used to shoot 1.25� 5 shot groups at 100 yards using imported Argentine Mausers with iron sights.
Posted By: Paddler Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Yep, that's the guy.:):) The DWM Argentine 1909 just happens to be one of the finest military arms ever built, young fella. Just Google it if you don't believe me. Bob Milek did a three-part article in Guns and Ammo back in ~1979 in which he sporterized a Mauser in stages. He chose the 1909 for the project because of the excellence of the M98 design and superlative machine work of the 1909 in particular:

[Linked Image]

Although, I could only manage 1.4" groups with the 8mm M98 Preduzece 44. I'm sure the gun is capable of better.

Bowsinger, I swear, it almost sounds like you don't believe me. Why, if I didn't know better....

This has nothing to do with Palin running or not. But who gives a crap about that, anyway? She's a twit. wink
Posted By: 1akhunter Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Paddler I feel a bit bad for ya, tis hard to be on a site like this dominated by conservatives and speak your mind even if you do like to hunt and fish.

I s'pose I oughta call my cousin he's the one that truly baffles me, farm boy, sharp, hard working, probably the best wingshot I've known personally, he hated Bush and was for Obama, course he's prez of the Teamster's Union of his local, so that speaks some volumes I suppose. Look at how bondholders were screwed on GM by this administration and Unions given a piece of the pie.

Perhaps it's too late, what with all the piling on and name calling already underway, but I'd really appreciate if you'd expound on some of your thoughts.

And I'd appreciate answers rather than answers in question form if you'd be so kind.

you state Obama is just dealing with this mess he inherited in the best manner possible. The main problem he inherited to my view is out of control gov't spending. Face it if we had money in the bank alot of the crisis this country faces would just be problems, not crisis.

How does accelerating spending at the rate this administration and Congress undertaken alleviate the mess he inherited?

How do you align yourself as a gun owner and sportsman with the legislation Obama supported for the citizens of Chicago and the state of IL in general?

Do you feel he thought those rules were just appropriate for his limited constituency there and he doesn't hold those same values now that he's been elected to a national constituency?

Do you not see the parallels of Nat'l health care to be more aligned with European values and gov't than traditional US values and limited gov't?

If you do see the parallel that seems so plain to so many of us why is that a good thing?

Is there a country in Europe that surpasses us in lifestyle or freedom?

just a few of the questions I have for someone that is evident by being here enjoys the shooting sports and probably loves this country as much as I do.

it may be the wrong thread to ask and perhaps you won't dignify my queries with a response because of what's transpired already.

but I hope you will, if we can exchange ideas civilly and forgo the name calling perhaps one or both of us can learn some things.

I promise not to personally insult Obama even though I disagree with his policies. In fact I corrected my son from doing so after I explained our tax liability and that it wasn't enough, they would have to be taxed at an even greater rate than what their parents are paying. My 11 year old burst out with "Obama sucks" and I told him, no son, he's our president, the office and whomever occupies it deserves a meter of respect, you can say his policies suck if you must, but the man has a family with two little girls, if they were your classmates would you really be okay with telling them their daddy sucks because you disagree with him?

In kind I'd be obliged if you are up to addressing my earnest questions if you could refrain from referring to my former governor as a twit. I'm on record here, I'd rather us find a more suitable candidate than Palin for our highest office, but I do owe her a debt of gratitude for shaking up the power bases here in my own state. If she accomplished nada else by being our governor that alone would be enough, it sent a clear message to the entrenched political machines that the people's voice would be heard, regardless of conventional wisdom and regardless of whether their political machine was behind a candidate the people chose.

thank you in advance for any replies you might give and the courteous way you might be inclined to word them.

I hope the tone and courtesy I endeavor to use in my post to you is evident in my clumsy use of the written word.
Posted By: isaac Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Your usual well thought out reply but your kid's the one who nailed it!!
Posted By: arffdog875 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
What the hell...my vote is going to be for Uncle Ted!
Posted By: Mac84 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
You eloquent bastid:). I asked some of the same questions and got the shuck and jive.
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
Paddler I feel a bit bad for ya, tis hard to be on a site like this dominated by conservatives and speak your mind even if you do like to hunt and fish.

I s'pose I oughta call my cousin he's the one that truly baffles me, farm boy, sharp, hard working, probably the best wingshot I've known personally, he hated Bush and was for Obama, course he's prez of the Teamster's Union of his local, so that speaks some volumes I suppose. Look at how bondholders were screwed on GM by this administration and Unions given a piece of the pie.

Perhaps it's too late, what with all the piling on and name calling already underway, but I'd really appreciate if you'd expound on some of your thoughts.

And I'd appreciate answers rather than answers in question form if you'd be so kind.

you state Obama is just dealing with this mess he inherited in the best manner possible. The main problem he inherited to my view is out of control gov't spending. Face it if we had money in the bank alot of the crisis this country faces would just be problems, not crisis.

How does accelerating spending at the rate this administration and Congress undertaken alleviate the mess he inherited?

How do you align yourself as a gun owner and sportsman with the legislation Obama supported for the citizens of Chicago and the state of IL in general?

Do you feel he thought those rules were just appropriate for his limited constituency there and he doesn't hold those same values now that he's been elected to a national constituency?

Do you not see the parallels of Nat'l health care to be more aligned with European values and gov't than traditional US values and limited gov't?

If you do see the parallel that seems so plain to so many of us why is that a good thing?

Is there a country in Europe that surpasses us in lifestyle or freedom?

just a few of the questions I have for someone that is evident by being here enjoys the shooting sports and probably loves this country as much as I do.

it may be the wrong thread to ask and perhaps you won't dignify my queries with a response because of what's transpired already.

but I hope you will, if we can exchange ideas civilly and forgo the name calling perhaps one or both of us can learn some things.

I promise not to personally insult Obama even though I disagree with his policies. In fact I corrected my son from doing so after I explained our tax liability and that it wasn't enough, they would have to be taxed at an even greater rate than what their parents are paying. My 11 year old burst out with "Obama sucks" and I told him, no son, he's our president, the office and whomever occupies it deserves a meter of respect, you can say his policies suck if you must, but the man has a family with two little girls, if they were your classmates would you really be okay with telling them their daddy sucks because you disagree with him?

In kind I'd be obliged if you are up to addressing my earnest questions if you could refrain from referring to my former governor as a twit. I'm on record here, I'd rather us find a more suitable candidate than Palin for our highest office, but I do owe her a debt of gratitude for shaking up the power bases here in my own state. If she accomplished nada else by being our governor that alone would be enough, it sent a clear message to the entrenched political machines that the people's voice would be heard, regardless of conventional wisdom and regardless of whether their political machine was behind a candidate the people chose.

thank you in advance for any replies you might give and the courteous way you might be inclined to word them.

I hope the tone and courtesy I endeavor to use in my post to you is evident in my clumsy use of the written word.

I'll take a stab at a couple of issues. But don't feel bad for me. Name calling and ridiculous statements don't bother me in the least. I'm incredulous at some of the things I see written here, but they are not upsetting.

First, there are many ultraconservatives on this site, and on many other hunting sites, who look for conspiracy everywhere. They waste vast amounts of energy and emotion over things they perceive as threats, but in actuality are not. Then, when called on it, they say, 'Just wait, it's coming." They absolutely refuse to admit they're wrong, they're just not right "yet". For instance, the thread about the International Arms treaty was filled with anti-Obama rants and exagerrations about threats to the 2nd Amendment. Isn't so. Period. The treaty has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. Read the thread for yourself. In fact, Obama has done nothing, and in my view, will do nothing to infringe on our right to keep and bear arms. Many here will howl at that, but it's true. You might as well howl at the moon.

Folks here look to any excuse to pile on Obama. For instance, they took exception when Obama dismissed Palin's criticism of his nuclear agenda because she's not a nuclear expert. She, in fact, is not. And Obama made his decison based on input from the Joint Chiefs, DOD, Pentagon, etc. And, in fact, I see where his policy of not using nuclear weapons against non-nuclear nations is already bearing fruit, less than a week after it's announcement. The paper today reports that China is considering cooperating with UN sanctions against Iran, and the Ukraine will dispose of it's enriched uranium. Now, you will see no mention of that here, and noone will admit that Obama did the right thing. Folks will rail that Palin was right, Obama is a socialist, and all kinds of other nonsense.

As far as spending goes, we are in a tight spot. Obama is criticised for spending to much on the one hand, but on the other, not creating jobs. Well, there is no money to pay for the jobs bill, so which is it? The President can only do so much. If GM and Chrysler had built better cars, and focused on quality, maybe they wouldn't have needed a bailout. Ford didn't, and I think it's because they emphasize quality.

Healthcare is complex, but I like what the reform does. By making it mandatory for everyne to buy insurance, the cost of caring for the uninsured will no longer be shifted to those with insurance. I like the fact that insurance companies will no longer be ablr to play gmaes with pre-existing conditions, etc. To do nothing is the least viable alternative, yet this is what the Republicans have done and would continue to do. I can tell you that true reform will require tough choices by docotrs and patients. Doctors will need to practice evidenced-based medicine, and patients will have to take personal responsility for their well-being. That means, instead of opting for multi-level fusions, simpler laminectomies will need to be done for most cases of spinal stenosis. The outcomes are the same, but the cost difference, not to mention the surgeon's fees, are roughly triple for fusion vs laminectomy. And, patients will need to go on diets, and get off their fat asses and exercise. We face an epidemic of Type 2 diabetes in this country, which is largely preventable with a bit of self discipline. As another example, erectile dysfunction treatment is probably 90% recreational in this country. WTF, dude? Total BS. I once had a patient in the Emergency department ask me for a prescription for Viagra. I asked him if he smoked, and he said two packs per day. I refused his prescription, and told him to quit smoking.

That's all I have time for now. Off to work.
Posted By: Tod Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10

Great. Selecting our president based on looks? We are doomed.
Posted By: RickyD Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
And Obama made his decison based on input from the Joint Chiefs, DOD, Pentagon, etc.
Let's see now....who gave them their positions and who can take those positions away? Even if Obama did not appoint all, the bureaucracy is full of liberals. I'm sure many will rise to the top over the next four years.

Obama is criticised for spending to much on the one hand, but on the other, not creating jobs.
His spending was gratuitous to his supporters and any jobs created was in government where jobs need to be cut severely. His stimulus was nothing short of theft and payola and his insistance on passing the bill without a reading or debate, criminal and treasoness. That should be obvious to most.

Well, there is no money to pay for the jobs bill, so which is it? The President can only do so much.
Perhaps because he doesn't want the unemployed to find jobs. Creating more people dependant on the state is an elementary concept in the Alinsky model. Obama only does what moves his agenda forward. Stripping the treasury of funds for the ill-titled stimulus bill and imposing a huge tax burden on buinesses and people through the health care bill also moves that agenda of destruction along.

Healthcare is complex, but I like what the reform does. By making it mandatory for everyne to buy insurance, the cost of caring for the uninsured will no longer be shifted to those with insurance.
Making it mandatory to buy insurance is unconstitutional and sets the plan up to fail. Folks can pay the penalty until they need insurance and buy it then. Since the insurance companies will not be able to deny claims due to preexisting conditions, they will have to pay and shortly thereafter go broke. Even if that were ""fixed" with another several hundred pages full of new entitlements and ear marks, the insured or solvent will still have to pay premiums for those who are unmotivated to participate in gainful employment.

The only thing he accomplished was unfortunately his ultimate goal of control over essential aspects of our lives.

Posted By: RickyD Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Originally Posted by Tod

Great. Selecting our president based on looks? We are doomed.
It's been done for years and years. Good hair has always been a criteria. How many votes do you suppose Obama got because he was a nice looking kinda black man?
Paddler I appreciate the reply.

why is it you feel Obama will do nothing to limit the 2nd ammendment? Do you feel the citizens of IL enjoy the same liberty of the 2nd ammendment that other states have?

Is Obama's AG not on record how he feels about the 2nd?

If the money they are spending is to create jobs, I'd sure like to see it elucidated a little more clearly. And I still have a hard time seeing how screwing the investors, and giving folks that their jobs have been saved by the gov't takeover ownership makes any sense except in a socialist sense.

as to healthcare, due to gov't's track record, I'd have to say doing "nothing" could very well be the best course of action for gov't to take. It's hard for me to come up with many examples where gov't has improved efficiency or care in what they dabble with. Grant you noble ideas for sure, SS, broke, Medicare, broke,
FNMA, broke. Ime I really think a strong case could be made for the less gov't tries to help, the better off we are.

it seems similar to your complaint about recreational use of Viagra, OTOH you see the prudence of telling the patient to quit smoking rather than fixing the problem medicinally by giving up smoking and exercising, but are unwilling to tell gov't the same thing.

fix the messes in the departments you've created before taking on other aspects of society improvement.

do you see the paradox there?
Posted By: AlaskaFE Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
...Folks here look to any excuse to pile on Obama. For instance, they took exception when Obama dismissed Palin's criticism of his nuclear agenda because she's not a nuclear expert. She, in fact, is not. And Obama made his decison based on input from the Joint Chiefs, DOD, Pentagon, etc. And, in fact, I see where his policy of not using nuclear weapons against non-nuclear nations is already bearing fruit, less than a week after it's announcement. The paper today reports that China is considering cooperating with UN sanctions against Iran, and the Ukraine will dispose of it's enriched uranium. Now, you will see no mention of that here, and noone will admit that Obama did the right thing. Folks will rail that Palin was right, Obama is a socialist, and all kinds of other nonsense.

Since the comment above is directed at a thread I started and, since I also have to head to work soon, I'll only speak to this part of your reply and let my fellow knuckledraggers have at the rest of your post. cool

So, Barry knows what he knows about nukes because of what the Joint Chiefs, DOD etc, tell him? Really. So that must also mean that after Palin made that statement Obama peed his pants and then ran crying to the Joint Chiefs so they could tell him how to fight back against the mean lady from Alaska?

Using your flawed logic, that means they also told him to promise not to use nukes against other nations that attack us with WMD? If they did, they need to resign.

Do you really think that China now likes us and is aligning themselves against Iran because Obama promised not to use nukes? Are you that naive? Obama gave away a huge part of our deterrent factor for a small concession from the country that is holding a lot of financial cards against us. It's called caving in and is just one more example of the true spineless behavior we expect from this idiot.

Obama said what he said to Palin because that is what politicians do. They attempt to disparage their opponent by attacking them and labeling them. Liberals have just turned it into an art form.

RickyD rose to the bait, as always. This is what I mean about the rants not bothering me. We just disagree, and always will.

In reply to your question about Obama and the 2nd Amendment, I'll ask you for proof that he has signed one bill restricting our gun ownership rights. Not what his AG says, no other rumors, etc. Just name one bill since he's taken office that's been passed by Congress and signed into law. I just don't see it. And, since he was elected, I've spent close to $10K on guns. I wouldn't have done that if I felt the 2nd Amendment was going to be infringed upon. If you choose to see it differently, that's fine. I'll be hunting as long as I care to or am able, and won't fret over things I don't see happening.

Healthcare is another area on which we differ. I have been a practicing physician for 25 years, and think we need to reform healthcare. I see costs spiralling OOC, and doing nothing is not acceptable. Is the reform act perfect? Far from it, but it's a good first step, IMO. You are certainly entitled to your own opinions.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Norman Schwarzkopf as President and Paul Ryan as VP.
I would pay money to see them in a debate with the Priss and stupidhead. Norman is older but I can see him leading the country back to reality in one term and getting Ryan ready to be the leader that we need. Sure, he would be an older president but 70 is the new 60 and the General keeps himself in better shape than that coke sniffing, cigarette smoking priss POTUS we have now..

Norman was a Reagan democrat but would be a specific return to family values and we would be the strong country leading from the Front.

I can just see Norman just lining up against Putin or anyother leader. What is Hugo Chavez going to do against him? Dinner Jacket? He would go find a hole to crawl into.

Sincerely,
Thomas
Posted By: levrluvr Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Like all that we would like to see run, Norman is too smart to want four years of hell.
appreciate that insight, truly do, and yes we may have to agree to just disagree

tis perhaps a poor example regarding the 2nd, but it seems akin to me to hiring a pedophile to teach our children. Look even though he's an avowed pedohile and sees nada wrong with having sex with children, he's not going to take liberties with our kids, he's been teaching a whole semester and nothing has happened.

as to health care, I appreciate you sharing your vocation, I'm not a doc, just a patient, but I'm fortunate to count as a very good friend one of our best orthopedic doctors here, we've hunted together and enjoy a 25 year friendship. His take, yes something needs to be done, but "what" is a good question, he seems to share my concern that due to the track record of gov't solution to problems as I noted above that gov't intervention does not have a high probable likelihood of a successful outcome.

past performance is not indicative of future results, but it's the best we've got, whether it comes to investing or the solutions that gov't provides to societal ills.

Ron Paul, because he's got a track record of being a constitutionalist. He's also the only guy with the ideas that can win, and has the courage and intelligence to proclaim and defend them openly.
Posted By: rrroae Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
I don't mind Obama's nuclear policy one bit. If we can show other countries a bit of goodwill that is in turn reciprocated, that seems a more effective policy than just flipping everyone off which is what Bush seemed to do.

A question I have for Paddler is why doesn't he believe the Dems are as complicit as Bush and the GOP in redistributing wealth and power from regular working Americans to the industries with the most powerful lobbyists such as banking and health?

Yesterday, I posted a link that showed how commercial banks spent about $40 million in 2008 on campaign contributions which were almost evenly split between Dems and Republicans. Also in 2008, Bush started the bank bailouts with bipartisan support from Dems in the House and Senate. Later after elected, Obama just mimicked Bush and made the bailouts bigger.

So we end up with 2 parties who take in huge amounts of money from banks for their re-election coffers in return for their ear come time for policy making. Guess who the policy helped?

Aside from all the rhetoric and hyperbole, when it came right down to it, both political parties took money from Americans and gave to irresponsible bankers who just a couple years earlier pushed bankruptcy reform on the idea we needed "personal responsibility". Now, as is usually the case, our politicians strengthen those who have the greatest influence, in this case the bankers as can be seen by their profits, while Americans who paid for the debacle are left struggling to keep their jobs and homes.

Now I ask you Paddler, is this a conspiracy theory or the selling out of our country by both parties including your Dems??

Next, we might look at which industry spent $1.5 Billion lobbying to help form policy on a just passed piece of legislation effecting all of us.

The idea our policy makers pass legislation more beneficial to the citizens rather than the industries who pay for their re-elections is absurd and anyone who is honest with themselves will see who really is in control.
I don't mind Obama's nuclear policy one bit.
I don't trust anything Obama and company do, this included. That said, I'm not at all opposed to intelligent nuke reductions. Were I in charge, we'd maintain the best and most advanced nuclear submarine force in the world, including the best and most advanced sub-launched nuke systems, and I'd scrap just about every other nuke delivery systems.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I don't mind Obama's nuclear policy one bit.
I don't trust anything Obama and company do, this included. That said, I'm not at all opposed to intelligent nuke reductions. Were I in charge, we'd maintain the best and most advanced nuclear submarine force in the world, including the best and most advanced sub-launched nuke systems, and I'd scrap just about every other nuke delivery system.

Agree.

I just know we'll always have enough nukes on hand to light up the planet so I'm not too worried about any small gestures our country might make.
Same here....

No need to have enough nukes to blow the planet up 4 times just 1 time will do I think.
Although I still don't trust anything he does or says.
Have the hots for Palin???!! Sounds like ya'll got really,really ugly wives......that generally drives a man to the bathroom more than necessary!(my dad called that being bathroom-happy!,or he'd just say that old boy needs to sleep with boxing gloves on)

Maybe ya'll should think Michael Steele and Palin?? One's your main man and the other one you can't seem to get out of your mind!! I'm with Paddler, but he's probably got the most sense of most of you out there!

Does anybody out there think about their grandchildren??

Remember, support abortion: buy Chicom!!!!!

At this juncture my money and support is on Romney.

Palin would be an unmitigated disaster for what is left of the Republican Party and would assure the reelection of the Obamafuckator.
You're with Paddler as to being a Obama dem and are thinking of your grandchildren,huh?

Plant!
Issac, are you sending this from your bathroom??

Actually, I'm a card carrying Union man and an Independent.I voted for Baby Bush twice. BADDDDDDDD mistake!!

Then Obama,right?
Of the choices offered in the past election, I think we chose correctly. I just do not believe that Mc Cain/Palin had what it takes to lead our country. Further, I have no confidence in Palin because she's not in the least bit bright. I want my President to be more intelligent than I. Palin isn't, not by a long shot. Obama, so far as I can tell, is, and by a lot. I'm comfortable in his judgement, and I don't think anybody out there could do a better job under these difficult circumstances. Just my opinion.

Norman Scwartzkopf is an incredible man. I don't think he and I agree on politics, as he supported Bush twice. I think Bush was an embarrasment to our country, and the worst President in a loooong time. Nonetheless, Swartzkopf has my complete admiration.
Yup!I try to vote for intelligence, and the qualities you see in Palin are what??? I had a choice between Bush and Gore, so I flipped my quarter and I got about 25 cents worth!My Repub. brother-in-law lost 50% of his 401K under Bush and he is still a Repub. go figure!! I suffered under IKE as a teenager, ate alot of squirrel and rabbit. Went into gunsmithing a year before Regan where someone younger with a family could make a living at my trade. In his second adm., gunshops all over Harris,Brazoria and Galveston counties were closing their doors, but they still went for the Republican!With over a year backlog in my shop, I didn't have time to worry about it that much. Being an Independent, I'll let ya'll sort it out over the next two years, and I will again vote for who is the most intelligent. Not who is the best looking or has the lighter complexion.
Palin didn't run for President,sport.

You confuse intelligence with sales talk. You drank the Kool-aid and still do!

Posted By: levrluvr Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Originally Posted by oldgunsmith
I try to vote for intelligence

Now that's downright hilarious. You have positive, factual proof Barry has any? This Illinois dweller is dying for you to post it up, right here, right now.
Posted By: GregW Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
oldgunsmith,

What part of the TX Hill Country do you call home?
Posted By: AB2506 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Palin is a nice woman, but the Republicans are in trouble if she is the presidential candidate.

I would vote for her over a Democrat, but I don't think she can win over the independents, undecided and dis-enfrancished Democrats.

Palin doesn't have a long enough track record, that is distinguished enough to warrant consideration for the most powerful post in the world. She doesn't come across as very polished, and sounds more and more hokey.

On the other hand, she must scare the liberal elite, because they keep trying to dig up dirt to discredit her. Plus, she didn't abort her Downs child, her daughter didn't abort her child, she has hunted etc. I mean how can she be treated seriously when she continues to make such bad choices?

Lots to like about her, but I hope for the Republicans sake, and the sake of your nation, they can come up with a better candidate.

Signed,

An interested Canadian and a third generation ex-pat (grandma G was a Yank from Oregon).
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
I plan on waiting a little longer before I start choosing a candidate for 2012. Right now there isn't anyone that's impressed me so far but hopefully that will change.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Plus one.
Originally Posted by AB2506
Palin is a nice woman, but the Republicans are in trouble if she is the presidential candidate.

I would vote for her over a Democrat, but I don't think she can win over the independents, undecided and dis-enfrancished Democrats.

Palin doesn't have a long enough track record, that is distinguished enough to warrant consideration for the most powerful post in the world. She doesn't come across as very polished, and sounds more and more hokey.

On the other hand, she must scare the liberal elite, because they keep trying to dig up dirt to discredit her. Plus, she didn't abort her Downs child, her daughter didn't abort her child, she has hunted etc. I mean how can she be treated seriously when she continues to make such bad choices?

Lots to like about her, but I hope for the Republicans sake, and the sake of your nation, they can come up with a better candidate.

Signed,

An interested Canadian and a third generation ex-pat (grandma G was a Yank from Oregon).

AB2506, I hunt up your way twice each year for waterfowl. Have been since 2002, and love it. I always wanted to shoot a grain fed whitetail up there. Maybe one day. Can't wait for November, as I'm all out of your Big Rock Black Amber Ale. We can get Guiness here, but it's a poor substitute.

Palin doesn't scare us, except that she'd be an inept leader of the Free World. That prospect should scare everybody. wink
Yup!I try to vote for intelligence, and the qualities you see in Palin are what??? I had a choice between Bush and Gore, so I flipped my quarter and I got about 25 cents worth!My Repub. brother-in-law lost 50% of his 401K under Bush and he is still a Repub. go figure!! I suffered under IKE as a teenager, ate alot of squirrel and rabbit. Went into gunsmithing a year before Regan where someone younger with a family could make a living at my trade. In his second adm., gunshops all over Harris,Brazoria and Galveston counties were closing their doors, but they still went for the Republican!With over a year backlog in my shop, I didn't have time to worry about it that much. Being an Independent, I'll let ya'll sort it out over the next two years, and I will again vote for who is the most intelligent. Not who is the best looking or has the lighter complexion.

Jimmy Carter was the most educated and intelligent president since 1960. He left the country in a mess. Ronald Reagon was the least educated....I will take common sense over degree's every time.

Doc
Posted By: Stan V Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore

Jimmy Carter was the most educated and intelligent president since 1960. He left the country in a mess. Ronald Reagon was the least educated....I will take common sense over degree's every time.

Doc

Don't forget the Rhodes Scholar!
Palin doesn't scare us, except that she'd be an inept leader of the Free World. That prospect should scare everybody.
======================

Fortunately, she'd follow Obama into office so she could only get tagged with 2nd most inept.

You pinktards can get out 2 sentences without mentioning her name. Bammy stumbled like a deer caught in the hi-beams when he had to respond to Palin's criticisms of his nuclear policy.
Nah...the pinktards aren't afraid of her.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
There are many times of intelligence. Goleman develops what is called emotional intelligence. This is largely being able to avoid pitfalls and figure out subconsiously what the best course of action is. Palin has a lot more of this quality that the Priss does.

I know both of them.
How, Well Barry would come over to our parties in college. He was constantly cheating on Michelle from who I could tell did much of his schoolwork. He was always happy but he was an arrogant sob.

I knew Sarah before she was famous and I have to say that she is smarter than what she appeared to be on Couric's interview.
We in Alaska tend to think out loud in kind of a ramble. I believe that she will polish up but I think that in the process of re-engineering or conversely re-tooling the party that she will not run for President.

Intelligence in the Oval office is not the primary consideration. Carter was brilliant. A nuclear engineer but he was somebody who didn't have the emotional intelligence to delegate duties to the right people. I think that this was part of W.s problem. He could have gone a different direction and been a much more effective leader.

Reagan wasn't a brain surgeon but he was an effective and popular president because he could pick good people and bring out the "best" within them.

The Priss is not doing this.

Volker was outstanding earlier but he is a straw man and nobody listens to him.

I don't think that the Priss can lead us anyway so I can just hope for the best and watch up here.

Sincerely,
Thomas
Posted By: Tuco Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
If Palin runs I'll vote for her, but we're doomed. Nice lady, but not exactly a rocket scientist.

Of the prominent Republicans now in the mix, I think Romney is the only truly electable one.

Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore

Doc

Don't forget the Rhodes Scholar!

I didn't, he is presently looking at the new issue of Playboy with Ashley Dupre picture spread. smile

Doc
In my opinion, no way does Romney have a chance. There's millions of Catholic voters out there like my mom who swear Mormonism is a cult.

The right cares too much about religion to let it go.
Thus speak Paddler:
�I'll take a stab at a couple of issues. But don't feel bad for me. Name calling and ridiculous statements don't bother me in the least.�

That must be why you do it so much.

You have called Gov. Palin a �Twit with no substance, all flash, stupid, completely witless, presumptuous, unqualified, uniformed, and opinionated.
You have said that her supporters are also uniformed, and opinionated.
Several times you have asked if we are �that freakin' stupid????�
And you have called others that disagreed with you: �paranoid delusional rednecks�.

You continue to make uniformed, and opinionated statements about Gov. Palin�s Record that are completely unsubstantiated:
�She can't even form coherent sentences or stay on topic. Not to mention she's very ill-informed. But that's probably part of the attraction for y'all; she's just like you�I can't believe she can see Russia from her house, but you guys probably do.�

You insulted all Alaskans when you stated:
�She didn't run a state, she was Governor of Alaska, which has what, 500,000 people? And she did a crappy job, up until she quit because things got a bit too warm for her there.�

All you have to do is check Gov. Palin�s record. Then explain why her record and her achievements are so quantitatively superior to your record as you have described it here on the �Fire.
While you are at it, notice that Sarah never resorts to name calling.

I repeat my Challenge:
ALL and I mean ALL your uniformed and opinionated cheap shots have been fully vetted on the �Fire long before 3/19/10. Including your 2008 videos that you seem so proud of.

You would do well to go back and read some of the Gov. Palin topics. Notice how easy it is for us Palin supporters to back up our opinions with real world facts.

Respond point by point with real facts and PROVE us wrong.

Otherwise you will continue to sound like a fool.

And you really do seem to have a problem with hockey moms and soccer moms.
I happen to know a few that are a lot smarter than any physician I have ever met.
ime there are at least 2 types of intelligence.

the one most commonly referred to, is IQ (intelligence quotia)

we're all aware of examples of folks highly educated, experts in one or a few particular disciplines without the common sense to create a decent life for themselves and those they love.

and the less quantative is EQ (emotional quotia) often referred to as the ability to communicate, empathize and stir folks to act.

I believe we have two pretty distinct examples of the subjects we're discussing Obama and Palin.

though I'm not quite convinced of what some try and convince me of just how smart our President really is.

believe Reagan would be a good example of having a higher EQ than IQ, but he certainly put it to good use imo.

Relax everyone Perky Palin will not be our next president. Maybe RP?
I agree, didn't mean to infer otherwise. and if RP means Ron Paul, uh no, not him either.

we'll most likely get a GOP prez, moderate, that will reverse some things this administration has done, slow the pace of others and continue down the slippery slope we find ourselves upon.

GregW--live on the South Llano River--will proably be able to hear those boys coming on the Great Texas Hog Hunt shooting from my front porch!!!Been cleaning out the storm shelter!Its good protection during deer and spring turkey season!!Living around
Houston, you have my condolences!Good place to be FROM.

IMO Regan wasn't even a good actor in the B-Westerns
Posted By: Notropis Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/13/10
I have not read all posts in this thread but think, as others may have already stated, that the next Republican presidential candidate will not be among those who surfaced for the last election. I feel some fresh blood will come to prominence to serve as a rallying point for conservatives. I feel the people presently in the news need to help consolidate and define the conservative agenda so someone with sufficient experience and electability can have a solid base upon which he (probably not she) can stand. I certainly do not think any old Republican can get elected just by running against BHO. Remember what happened with Klinton. The Republican candidate must present solid reasons for voting for him rather than just campaign on the fact that he is not BHO. Keep in mind that lots of people like BHO and many others will vote for a Democrat no matter what.

Massachusetts Republican Party has no idea what to do with the Tea Party �Just Vote Them Out!�� tour coming to Boston Common tonight with Sarah Palin and several thousand activists.
US Senator Scott Brown, has turned down a personal invite by the organizers to attend.
Other hopefuls have split-some are going and some will not.

The rally is the final stop before Washington, D.C. and will bring her �fiery rallying cry of taking our country back�� to the home of the original tea party the day before taxes are due.
Posted By: Paddler Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10

Massachusetts Republican Party has no idea what to do with the Tea Party �Just Vote Them Out!�� tour coming to Boston Common tonight with Sarah Palin and several thousand activists.
US Senator Scott Brown, has turned down a personal invite by the organizers to attend.
Other hopefuls have split-some are going and some will not.

The rally is the final stop before Washington, D.C. and will bring her �fiery rallying cry of taking our country back�� to the home of the original tea party the day before taxes are due.

Yippee!!! Go, Sarah, Go!!! As I said, a twit through and through.
Posted By: isaac Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
But it's you who says it so who listens or cares?
Hey Isaac: you never did say how you felt about the Steele/Palin ticket---best of both worlds for the Repubs-a black man you can trust and a woman you can't or something like that!
That's right, I never did.

I knew the piddler's come hither invite would have you giving us some more of your good stuff.
Yo, Isaac, not to be confused with Newton. I see you average almost 21 posts per day, or nearly one post per hour. What do you do for fun?
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
Apparently he wastes time and posts on you.
What do you do for fun?
============

Part of today's fun was reading Bowsinger utterly own you and turn you into one of his code-pinkie pinatas!

I was truly embarrassed for you after that bich slapping. And, you made it so easy!

Posted By: 1akhunter Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
Yo, Isaac, not to be confused with Newton. I see you average almost 21 posts per day, or nearly one post per hour. What do you do for fun?

jeez clueless I guess, seems pretty apparent he enjoys cyber bitch slappin folks with an elitist condescending attitude

lucky for you there's no physical pain involved.

our president is an elitist marxist idiot that loves to bow to our enemies.

glad you're proud of him

birds of a feather and alla that
Posted By: GregW Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
Don't let the Houston fool you. I gre up in the Hill Country. I've been here 2 years for work and I've been trying to leave ever since. Swam in the Llano this past weekend. I'm in the Mason area LOTS.

Worked in Junction for a year and am very familiar with the area.

You guys are amazing! And so very easy.

One post every hour for 3 3/4 years. Wow!!! Get a life.
Posted By: nemesis Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10

I'll be on the Common about 10:30 am tomorrow if the MBTA can get me to North Station on time.
I think many will be surprised at how large a crowd will be there even though it's a work day and it is the People's Republic after all........

So far Brown has been a disappointment to say the least.

He got elected solely because people here wanted to send a message to the dolts in Washington that they did not want socialized medicine.

A [bleep] could have beat Coakely under similar circumstances and now this apparent RINO has let the election go to his head and he assumes people actually give a schit about his so called "independence" so he's running for cover when the Tea Party comes to town.

Hopefully the GOP in MA will run a true conservative against him next time in the primaries and he can make better use of his "reaching across the aisle" style of politics on some city council somewhere.

The rally is the final stop before Washington, D.C. and Sarah will bring her �fiery rallying cry of taking our country back�� to the home of the original tea party the day before taxes are due.

I'm looking forward to hearing Sarah speak in person tomorrow.

So far, she's the only one out there that's proudly carrying the GOP banner and working like hell to get our message in front of the American people.

And she deserves to receive as much support as she can get..........

Despite what all the political "experts" here on the Fire' (who wouldn't know a true conservative if they got hit in the azz with one) think, Sarah is still the best thing the Republican Party has going for it right now and she'll get my full support until something better comes along.

More on the rally later.......

I'm real easy, you should try me.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
Do I hear another plane ticket invite? grin

==============

It takes you quite a while to post another round of stupidity. You're either waiting for instructions or you must be waiting till your grand mom leaves the basement.

But,given the nonsensical drivel you post, I'd wait a good while for the next one too!
Posted By: noduck Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
i didnt read all the post anybody say tim pawlenty gov from mn yet, i liked to see him in a vp role.....
Posted By: prm Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
Far too early to be making a decision. A lot can, and likely will, happen between now and 2012. However, so far I like Paul Ryan, Eric Cantor, Tom Tancredo and Sarah Palin. I like what Palin has to say, but I do not think she would win an election. What I've heard of Cantor I like, but have not heard enough to make a solid decision. Tancredo is the bull in the china shop and I like what I hear from him on immigration. But, like others, don't have the full picture on him. Ryan has really impressed me. I don't like Ryan's votes in a few cases, but he has exposed himself to critique much more than the others so far. Even factoring in some of his votes he's 1000% better than BHO. Most importantly, I think he could win. He has an ability to speak well and he is respectful yet direct with people he is talking to. While I really like Tancredo I don't think he could win in a national race.
Originally Posted by Mac84
Do I hear another plane ticket invite? grin

dang it Mac but if your wife don't say you got a long........

memory

I'm running low on airmiles, bastids gonna have to haul their own azzes here. grin

freakin liberals, some are decent folk, but for everyone of them seems there's ten that "I said she's a twit, so she's a twit. I say the populace doesn't need guns so they don't need guns. I say everybody needs health care so they're gonna have it" yada, yada, yada

they're the little yappy dogs of the human population, always yapping bout this and that and just when you wonder, what purpose they could serve it hits ya!

wonder how far I could drop kick the little bastid
Posted By: Mac84 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
No sense in dirtying a good pair of boots. All that mush might be hard to wash off.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
I agree with you that it is far too early to worry about 2012 and I like your pick of candidates to watch. Watching them and a few others in the few months remaining months to Nov. 2010 will say a lot about 2012.
I don�t know as much about your three guys as I should, but it is no secret to anyone I have done a lot of research on Gov. Palin.
She does know how to win elections and she has always been underestimated while doing so.
GregW: you got me pinned down pretty close--I may have run into you this weekend at the river--I was fixin the road for some river rats with my end-loader since the county can't keep up with all of our roads! Don't know how I can work so hard and make nothing and a ditz like Palin made 12 million in the last 9 months--of course Glen Beck made 32 million last year---myself, I'd be satisfied with the salary the chief of police is drawing in Austin almost 200,000 on the taxpayers back!!!
Originally Posted by kaboku68
There are many times of intelligence. Goleman develops what is called emotional intelligence. This is largely being able to avoid pitfalls and figure out subconsiously what the best course of action is. Palin has a lot more of this quality that the Priss does.

I know both of them.
How, Well Barry would come over to our parties in college. He was constantly cheating on Michelle from who I could tell did much of his schoolwork. He was always happy but he was an arrogant sob.

I knew Sarah before she was famous and I have to say that she is smarter than what she appeared to be on Couric's interview.
We in Alaska tend to think out loud in kind of a ramble. I believe that she will polish up but I think that in the process of re-engineering or conversely re-tooling the party that she will not run for President.

Intelligence in the Oval office is not the primary consideration. Carter was brilliant. A nuclear engineer but he was somebody who didn't have the emotional intelligence to delegate duties to the right people. I think that this was part of W.s problem. He could have gone a different direction and been a much more effective leader.

Reagan wasn't a brain surgeon but he was an effective and popular president because he could pick good people and bring out the "best" within them.

The Priss is not doing this.

Volker was outstanding earlier but he is a straw man and nobody listens to him.

I don't think that the Priss can lead us anyway so I can just hope for the best and watch up here.

Sincerely,
Thomas

I always learn a lot on Campfire and today it all came from Alaska.
�emotional intelligence and EQ (emotional quotia)� are new terms for me and both make a lot of sense.

Thanks be to Kaboku68 and 1Akhunter.

Now if I could just learn to put two quotes in the same reply.

Originally Posted by 1akhunter
ime there are at least 2 types of intelligence.

the one most commonly referred to, is IQ (intelligence quotia)

we're all aware of examples of folks highly educated, experts in one or a few particular disciplines without the common sense to create a decent life for themselves and those they love.

and the less quantative is EQ (emotional quotia) often referred to as the ability to communicate, empathize and stir folks to act.

I believe we have two pretty distinct examples of the subjects we're discussing Obama and Palin.

though I'm not quite convinced of what some try and convince me of just how smart our President really is.

believe Reagan would be a good example of having a higher EQ than IQ, but he certainly put it to good use imo.

I always learn a lot on Campfire and today it all came from Alaska.
�emotional intelligence and EQ (emotional quotia)� are new terms for me and both make a lot of sense.

Thanks be to Kaboku68 and 1Akhunter.

Now if I could just learn to put two quotes in the same reply.
I want my President to be more intelligent than I. Obama, so far as I can tell, is, and by a lot.

That's rather easy,since you've displayed nothing but utter stupidity with each and every post.With very little research,I've discovered some very interesting and salient facts about you.In the final analysis,I also discovered what you are.

Can't think for yourself.
Unable to think for yourself
No you won't think for yourself.
Too stupid to think for yourself.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I know both of them.
How, Well Barry would come over to our parties in college. He was constantly cheating on Michelle from who I could tell did much of his schoolwork. He was always happy but he was an arrogant sob.....
Sincerely,
Thomas

Thomas,

You went to Harvard Law School?

Just checking,

Sycamore
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
I was an undergraduate at Cabot House while Barry and Michelle were at HLS. Most of my friends were african-american kids who weren't rich. They didn't begrudge a crazy Alaskan kid from the Bush. Most from that socioeconomic group actually weren't liberal mamby pamby's like Barry but had parents that instilled a love of god and country into them.
We had Joshua Redman and Steve Roiphe as friends who would play cool jazz music at our parties.

Lets just say that I kicked him out of a mixer because of his perchance for intoxicated girls and white colored nose candy. I wasn't going to get busted for his self-righteous butt. I also roughed him up in basketball at the Hemenway Gym. I did the same thing to Matt Damon and Andrew Shue in Flag football. I could just sense that they were winey little pukes. I was right too.

As soon as I graduated from Harvard, it took three years of fishing and hunting in the bush to wipe the liberal crud off of me. I teach school in Fairbanks now. It is the closest thing to civilization that I can stand.

So much for that.

I am happy I am back up here.

I can do my reunions on facebook.
Although I did like the crazy kungfu master who was the groundskeeper at Cabot House. He would let me hunt pigeons with my tomahawk. They tasted pretty good too.

I got to finish up the second part of my nightly sheep training run...sucks getting old.

Sincerely,
Thomas
Posted By: rrroae Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
That's funny, I always figured that described you.

Nothing wrong with a fella bitching or raising a schitt storm every once on awhile but you do it with every whiny post of yours.

....maybe next you can color and bold your text besides making it abnormally large. Might get you the attention you crave. Of course, you're special so you go ahead and do whatever you want.

That's rather easy,since you've displayed nothing but utter stupidity with each and every post.With very little research,I've discovered some very interesting and salient facts about you.In the final analysis,I also discovered what you are.

Can't think for yourself.
Unable to think for yourself
No you won't think for yourself.
Too stupid to think for yourself.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
Wouldn't another word other than that one be more acceptable?? I am embarrassed for the women folk on here, geeesch.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
Women aren't as delicate as men want to believe.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: If Palin doesn't run,.. - 04/14/10
I don't buy that at all, I know lots of women that would be very offended by that word. To each his own I reckon.
The word does carry negative connotations for some, even to the point of being inflammatory. However, I have known women who quite like it. In the current context, it appears to be an attempted insult. Like the bragging about drop kicking somebody, or hate mongering of our duly-elected President, it's just more empty headed nonsense from the impotent, frustrated Cro Magnon types. You know them, they're the ones who look up to Palin's intellectual capabilities, while most of us have to look down. She really is a twit, after all. wink
Put up or shut up.
he's a true and tried liberal, he can't put up and doesn't know how to shut up.

and now that his President has been elected he's above hate-mongering. Just like when Bush was pres.

he really is a Marxist, socialist POS, after all. wink
Saw Palin in Boston today, 10 seconds was all I could stand.If she had had Hannity and Beck with her, I probably wouldn't have lasted 2 seconds.

Remember,smile and buy Chicom!
congrats, you got a stronger stomach than me

I can't stand one second of watching our current CIC.

something about lying, conniving, me, me, me just turns me off

probably why most politicians turn me off.

but some suck less

mostly any of them that wouldn't sit through sermons of GD America, go to great pains to hide how they payed for their college, and laugh through an interview based on the troubles of average Americans in this economy.

tis common for the mileage to vary, but you Obama worshipers are running on fumes
It would take a crowbar to separate you and the piddler, wouldn't it? Are you gals one in the same idiots? He posts stupid and you quickly follow up with more stupid.

Great buddy work, and all, save for the stupid.

Plus, you're full of schit. You watched all of Palin. You code-pinkers have to. Part of the assignment. You're feeling that midterm pressure aren't you,rainman?
© 24hourcampfire