Home
waff.com

Reports of explosion at Boston Marathon

RNN) - An explosion has been reported near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, according to multiple news outlets.

Reuters stated via Twitter a spokesman for the marathon said the headquarters have been locked down.
Looks like at least a few dead.
more crazy crap, this nation is out of control!!
From Yahoo News

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line
By JIMMY GOLEN | Associated Press � 6 mins ago

BOSTON (AP) � Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries.

Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.
OMG! this is terrible. thoughts and prayers to the wounded and dead.

did they catch the gunman yet?
Maybe Slummer will ban explosives.
It's the Tea Party's fault... No question....
Bring on the drones.
Originally Posted by Gus

Where was a "gunman" mentioned, Gus? The NYT has an opening if you're interested.
Muslims.
They need an explosives registry.
Did anybody else just see that FoxNews live footage. Showed a guy with both legs blown off, being wheeled away in a wheelchair with bones sticking out....wasn't on a delay.

Was pretty surreal...

Had another person talking about many people being blown into pieces...
Looks like a gas line? Disregard now they are saying "devices"?
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1155606216001/
Wow. They're back?
Where the [bleep] was DHS?
Oh that's right
Buzy herding mexican into the US
one of my best friends is in that race.. haven't heard a peep.
I saw that too, his lower legs were gone.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Gus

Where was a "gunman" mentioned, Gus? The NYT has an opening if you're interested.

well pardon me. i thought gunmen with assault rifles was the root cause of everything wrong in this country. so, it was only natural of me to assume a shooter was on the loose in massachusetts. oh wait, guns are banned in massachusetts.

i'm sorry for the victims. i'm sure the border patrol will be along shortly to start rounding up the usual suspects and deporting them back to Mexico. but, it might take a while, ok?
Pickin atcha, Gus. grins
Anyone hear from Kamo-Gari?

My thoughts are with he and his lovely bride right now...

Link didn't work for me , all I got was NASA:Orion Briefing

Mike
2 Explosions 20 seconds apart. The Media is using "Bomb" to describe the explosions. Yes there are fatalities but unknown at this time how many. Also many have been gravely injured with arms and legs missing. The scenes from local TV are horrific to say the least.

I just heard on TV it may have been bombs put in barrels or trash cans.
3 confirmed dead thus far. Folks with loss of limbs.

All bomb experts are called in (for the biggest AR)

Here's hoping there aren't more in the area.
this is a pure tragedy to say the least. at least we can thank the DHS for it not being any worse than it was. without their vigilance, it could have been catastrophic.

having the feds on the job, and watching our borders has finally began to pay off. we have experienced first hand the effectiveness of their work.
my buddy is ok.

I'm thinking ragheads..
Sounds like two different bombs went off. 30 injured.

Good news there, Calvin.
Originally Posted by Calvin
my buddy is ok.

ragheads..I'm thinking

They'll blame it on white supremist orgs. Like Oklahoma City, maybe.
This SUCKS
Interesting that the explosions would be at the end of the race. Most damage would be done at the beginning when racers are bunched together in a blocks long mob.

Prayers for the survivors and the families of the dead.
Apparently a third device has been found according to radio
Originally Posted by 6mm250

Link didn't work for me , all I got was NASA:Orion Briefing

Mike

I am watching it on that

Go here http://www.foxnews.com/ and click on the top link
MSNBC doing their best not to call it a terrorist attack.
On Apiril 15 of all days. I hope it was not some anti government nut job.
Originally Posted by ColKlink
Muslims.

NORKS
my buddy is ok.

ragheads..I'm thinking

Maybe they will blame it on the folks that did it - like they did in Oklahoma City. That is not a novel concept is it?
pesonnally i don't think the white supremacists has much to do with this one.

when the elected ldrshp comes on the air, thankfully they'll address us in a positive way, assuring us that all is under control.

while they won't be able to direct the carnage at licensed gun-owners, they will probably suggest that we crack down on the wrong=doers using increased regulation as a part of the solution.

thankfully, there wasn't a chemical attack involved at the same time of the explosions. Massachusetts is a member of the original 13. that fact alone raises concern.
IIRC, this race was dedicated to the Newtown victims and families.
How is Zero going to manipulate this to help further his agenda
Maybe they will blame it on the folks that did it - like they did in Oklahoma City.

They never blamed janet reno for anything.
Today is Patriot's Day in Massachusetts. I wonder if there is any significance with the holiday - perhaps some anti-American or "anti-patriotic" (against Constitution) group.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I'm thinking ragheads..

As bad as this sounds, seems to me there would be alot bigger explosions.(just me)
Muslims.

Yep, +1...or should I say -1.
Originally Posted by BrentD
my buddy is ok.

ragheads..I'm thinking

Maybe they will blame it on the folks that did it - like they did in Oklahoma City. That is not a novel concept is it?

Not when one considers the Kennedy assasination, Vince Foster , et. al. No, not novel at all.
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Assuming this blood. frown frown
The race starts in the suburbs, harder to conceal things. The finish line is smack in the middle of the city so very easy to hide things. In front of Marathon Sports was one blast location.

The race was halted and the bomb squad was called in. Police reports that they are not sure if there are any more devices.

Area is mobbed, people watching, people at work, people run up after the Red Sox game to watch the finish. It's a huge mess.
Another explosion just heard...
msnbc is still pretending it wasn't intentional.
I wonder if they will blame Bushmaster?
Fox is saying at least 3 dead, 30 injured.
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

eek Not good
Condolences for the victims and their families........
And brings this thought to mind: Why, given the circumstances in the world today, would a government want to disarm its citzenry?

I know that is a rhetorical statement for this group, but I think it needs to be a talking point for the NRA and the pro-gun politicians.

Bob
just looking at it from another point of view as a member of the original thirteen, the explosions were meant to send a message and not to create maximum damage.

that is, if the explosions had happened earlier in the race, there'd have been vastly greater casualties and damages. but, not so, the explosions happened later, while fewer participants were on the run, as i understand it from the mass media.

so, a message was sent, with minimum casualties, but what was the message?? did it emanate from the Norks, the Muslims, the whte supremacists, the Black Power group? who is responsible for this atrocity? and why wasn't assualt rifles involved? so many questions, as lives are changed forever.

well, the mass media will make hay out of all of this. and the Feds are gearing up to double down, no doubt.
I am sure muslim enclaves around the world are dancing with joy. Quite honestly, I just can't imagine this hasn't happened more often. Now we'll get to see how the muslim in chief responds.
Am I the only one who can't stand to listen to Shepard Smith?

I avoid watching TV news, but when I do, I prefer Fox unless Shep Smith is on the air.

Back to the tragedy - that is awful, and whoever is responsible needs to pay dearly for their actions.
They are reporting 12 dead now on the radio.
Originally Posted by heavywalker

eek Not good

Possibly a controlled detonation...
3rd explosion was a controlled detonation by bomb squad - or so news is reporting.
Maybe this will halt some of the Gun Control the Dem's are try to shove down everyone's throats .
From the looks of the photos, it doesn't look like high explosives (not that I know what I'm talking about). Wonder if it was something similar to the propane bomb discovered in Times Square a few years ago.
God help us if he is a white American gun owner.
Originally Posted by broomd
Muslims.

Yep, +1...or should I say -1.
Legal (Muslim) Dimocraps or illegal alien Dimocraps?
Originally Posted by Gus
just looking at it from another point of view as a member of the original thirteen, the explosions were meant to send a message and not to create maximum damage.

that is, if the explosions had happened earlier in the race, there'd have been vastly greater casualties and damages. but, not so, the explosions happened later, while fewer participants were on the run, as i understand it from the mass media.

so, a message was sent, with minimum casualties, but what was the message?? did it emanate from the Norks, the Muslims, the whte supremacists, the Black Power group? who is responsible for this atrocity? and why wasn't assualt rifles involved? so many questions, as lives are changed forever.

well, the mass media will make hay out of all of this. and the Feds are gearing up to double down, no doubt.

Elite runners from other nations would have cleared the area, sounds like the target was only Americans.
Originally Posted by Steve
From the looks of the photos, it doesn't look like high explosives (not that I know what I'm talking about). Wonder if it was something similar to the propane bomb discovered in Times Square a few years ago.

From all that white smoke it looked like it could have possibly been black powder.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
God help us if he is a white American gun owner.

on Patriots Day in memory of the Minutemen at Lexington and Concord.
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Simple. The report is already out. Shotgun pellets were in the bombs.
if in fact we're living in Fortress America, then we might be under attack?

i like the idea of a Global American democracy. but, can it happen in our time? i'm not too sure.
Prayers and condolences for those lost and wounded in this savage, cowardly attack.

April 15th... Perfect False Flag set up to blame the Tea Party or others they have deemed "Domestic Terrorists". This is a made to order "Crisis" that they will most certainly exploit fully & NOT let go to waste. It's a perfect storm for the current agendas of the radical progressives.
Tax hell day?
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Simple. The report is already out. Shotgun pellets were in the bombs.

Bet on gunpowder, too. It will make a perfect case against handloaders. Ammo is where it's at for real control.
My heart-felt thoughts and condolences for the victims and their families from this side of the Pond..
But, but, I thought bombs were illegal!! How can his be? Didn't we pass a law making bombs illegal on the premise that it prevent such things?!

This is prolly the NRA's fault to. crazy

Jordan
Still finding suspicious items...

Fox has reported bombs may have been packed with ball bearings.
Supposedly other bombs have been found and other bombs are being set off by bomb experts according to the Boston Globe.
IIRC, this race was dedicated to the Newtown victims and families.

I am sick and tired of hearing Newtown. That's about all you hear. The idiots that are pushing anti-gun legislation are only hurting those of us that keep the law. They can't stop drugs and they can't stop a person bent on causing harm, injury, or death ANY TIME THEY CHOOSE. HEY GOVERNMENT GET THE FU*CK OF MY BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Supposedly other bombs have been found.

That Can't be! Everything is illegal in Boston.
Confirmed explosion at the JFK library according to the scanners..
whomever those bombers were, they were sending a message, no doubt.

things could have been much worse, if we hadn't agreed to negotiate. i wonder who could have done this? and what will they offer up next time, if negotiation doesn't occur?

the outcome is bad enough, but thankfully it wasn't worse.
You're a regular [bleep] genius, Gus.
I wonder how Obummer will blame this on Bush....
Originally Posted by Gus

while they won't be able to direct the carnage at licensed gun-owners, they will probably suggest that we crack down on the wrong=doers using increased regulation as a part of the solution.

thankfully, there wasn't a chemical attack involved at the same time of the explosions. Massachusetts is a member of the original 13. that fact alone raises concern.

Don't count on them not blaming gun owners. I can see the headlines now. "Right wing pro second amendment militia bombs Boston Marathon

Right wing (constitutionalists) set of IEDS in protest of federal government call for "common sense" reforms.

Tea party terrorists bomb peaceful marathon over taxes

I can see it all now

2.). It may not be chemical but its entirely possibly too early to know whether its biological or not
Sent that explosion pic to an EOD expert. It was definately explosives NOT natural gas.
You're a regular [bleep] genius, Gus.

i make an honest attempt to never, ever operate above my paygrade. in the worst of circumstances, paygrade doesn't mean much. wink
my buddy is ok.

ragheads..I'm thinking

It's always those white supremacist's don't you know like the guy yelling "Alu Akhbar" at Fort Hood
Originally Posted by Calhoun

JFK Library official says not related. Mech. room fire.

http://www.dotnews.com/2013/jfk-library-official-fire-not-related-marathon-attack
Originally Posted by Akbob5
And brings this thought to mind: Why, given the circumstances in the world today, would a government want to disarm its citzenry?

I know that is a rhetorical statement for this group, but I think it needs to be a talking point for the NRA and the pro-gun politicians.

Bob

I can't believe you asked that question. Why do you THINK the government wants to disarm us. I just called my wife to make SURE she's packing. It's just beginning and Uncle Sam wants you and me TOTALLY helpless.............
I wonder how the POTUS is going to blame America for this one.
Some sort of device containing shrapnel of unknown type. That would explain the severed arms, legs and other body parts.

I agree with others...let's hope this ain't domestic.
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Gus

Don't count on them not blaming gun owners. I can see the headlines now. "Right wing pro second amendment militia bombs Boston Marathon

Right wing (constitutionalists) set of IEDS in protest of federal government call for "common sense" reforms.

I can see it all now

2.). It may not be chemical but its entirely possibly too early to know whether its biological or not

Wouldn't hold water. The target is all wrong...

Extremist would target Government entities, like McVeigh did.

This is directed to do damage to civilians. It's terrorism.
How does a garbage can end up unnoticed at the finish line after the others were removed, and no one notices?
With the explosion causing leg amputations, my money is on someone who did not have a qualifying time to get in the race.

Sick, twisted, bastid, gonna get even.
Sheriff Joe just said on Fox that it is "obviously domestic terrorism".
Originally Posted by ironbender
With the explosion causing leg amputations, my money is on someone who did not have a qualifying time to get in the race.

Sick, twisted, bastid, gonna get even.

Sadly, in our society, that's good as even money.
The target is always a part of the message.
Originally Posted by Gus

I can see it all now

Oh you mean it wouldn't hold water to the honorable scrutiny the MSM puts on all its stories before it reports them. Sure it would because Rachel madcow would spin it to prove to all the sheeple that these right wing, nra members have no regard for anyone not even innocent civilians. I put nothing past this admin. Or it's lapdogs
It appears ball bearings were part of the explosive loads.
....and madcow's 3 viewers?

Originally Posted by Gus

I can see it all now

Oh you mean it wouldn't hold water to the honorable scrutiny the MSM puts on all its stories before it reports them. Sure it would because Rachel madcow would spin it to prove to all the sheeple that these right wing, nra members have no regard for anyone not even innocent civilians. I put nothing past this admin. Or it's lapdogs

Never let a tragedy go to waste, they'll politicize this and use it to further their agenda..
This is what happens when you have the fox in the hen house. Come one come all. Hasbeen
Guys, the devices were in the spectator areas. I think they were just targeting civilians, not runners. Body count.

Probably couldn't get the bombs into the starting area (logistics, security) and put them in the next 'best' spot that had cameras.

Originally Posted by ltppowell

Bush the Younger shipped troops to the middle east so that the war wouldn't occur here.

now that he's gone, maybe the war is moving to the US? Iraq appears to be far less than safe. i don't keep up with Afghanistan much, except on ABC news on Sunday morning. they tell us who died. we have no clue as to who got injured. ya know?

IF the war has come to America, we must be ready. but, i'm not sayin' it is, ok?

To early to tell whether Foreign or Domestic, or a blurring of the two. My two guesses would be A-Q inspired or one of the far right extremists like McVeigh..
Those are the two most logical assumptions Pete, I agree.
Strikes me as a typical terrorist attack, geared to receive maximum media coverage. The fact that it happened at the Boston Marathon screams foreign to me. Non-Americans believe that America revolves around liberal big cities.
FOX and CNN report a Fed official says a they found a third unexploded device, possibly more.

Edit: Fox now says two additional devices.

Patriots Day in Boston

Tax Day

Possibly just a good crowd w TV coverage

No matter who or why. Bastids
I just hope it was Muslims who did this .
Originally Posted by Gus

Bush the Younger shipped troops to the middle east so that the war wouldn't occur here.

now that he's gone, maybe the war is moving to the US? Iraq appears to be far less than safe. i don't keep up with Afghanistan much, except on ABC news on Sunday morning. they tell us who died. we have no clue as to who got injured. ya know?

IF the war has come to America, we must be ready. but, i'm not sayin' it is, ok?

============

You're a blathering idiot.
cell phone service there has been jammed.

JFK Library official says not related. Mech. room fire.

http://www.dotnews.com/2013/jfk-library-official-fire-not-related-marathon-attack

Yep, that's what I read at first. But then heard fire/police on the scanner say it was a confirmed explosion.

But even for first responders it's often chaotic and incorrect news gets spread quickly.
Agreed.
Guys, the devices were in the spectator areas. I think they were just targeting civilians, not runners. Body count.

Probably couldn't get the bombs into the starting area (logistics, security) and put them in the next 'best' spot that had cameras.

Agreed. Now I think that's what the video above shows, too.
Explosion at JFK Library?

Eye witness reports smell of cordite at initial explosion site.
It's muzzies, there is enough anger at the government right now that if this attack had been carried out against an agency or on a government building it would be a no brainer on the right wing extremist call. The target of civilians makes it pretty clear to me.

You have to ask, what is each groups motivation? One is anti government, the other is anti American. Of those two groups which one would target civilians to further their cause?
Strikes me as a typical terrorist attack, geared to receive maximum media coverage. The fact that it happened at the Boston Marathon screams foreign to me. Non-Americans believe that America revolves around liberal big cities.

If I had to bet, thats what my gut says is most likely, but even if it is A-Q inspired, could still be by American "nationals"..

That said, as per my previous post I wouldn't rule out right wing extremists either especially as Boston is a fairly liberal city?
i call for closing the explosion show loop hole!!!!! no net sales of ......
Yes, at least 2 more devices found that did not go off. Some sounds have been made by a police water cannon in an attempt to detonate other devices. Could be at least 6. All devices in viewing areas so civilians were targeted for maximum effect.

This has to be the work of several individuals I would think.

I don't know about foreign or not. Too early for me to make that assumption. Lots of possibilities on who it could be and their motives.

One remote possibility is that it's another crazy person like Aurora or Newton, but instead of guns, they chose bombs. Mass carnage and TV fame.

It's muzzies, there is enough anger at the government right now that if this attack had been carried out against an agency or on a government building it would be a no brainer on the right wing extremist call. The target of civilians makes it pretty clear to me.

You have to ask, what is each groups motivation? One is anti government, the other is anti American. Of those two groups which one would target civilians to further their cause?

Yep! The target is always part of the message.

The other remote possibility that I could see happening is that it's another crazy person like Aurora or Newton, but instead of guns, they chose bombs. Mass carnage and TV fame where no ideology comes into play.
Originally Posted by Pete E

If I had to bet, thats what my gut says is most likely, but even if it is A-Q inspired, could still be by American "nationals"..

That said, as per my previous post I wouldn't rule out right wing extremists either especially as Boston is a fairly liberal city?

Right-wing extremists would target a govt facility, not civilians, even in a liberal city. This was Muzzies.
Originally Posted by RISJR
Originally Posted by Gus

============

You're a blathering idiot.

Mass. is one of the Original Thirteen along with the Commonwealth of virginia, and the Great State of Georgia. an attack on one is an attack on the All. get it?

my paygrade allows me a wide berth of discussion. grin

mark my words, the Feds will crack down after this fiasco.

I don't know about foreign or not. Too early for me to make that assumption. Lots of possibilities on who it could be and their motives.

One remote possibility is that it's another crazy person like Aurora or Newton, but instead of guns, they chose bombs. Mass carnage and TV fame.

Anybody know the whereabouts of J. Reno??
Bloomberg is probley behind it to push more Gun Control
Originally Posted by 257wby
Interesting that the explosions would be at the end of the race. Most damage would be done at the beginning when racers are bunched together in a blocks long mob.

Prayers for the survivors and the families of the dead.

No, most damage would be done at the end of the race where the runners' families are gathered to cheer their guy across the finish line.

I have a friend/neighbor who is running, but I've heard he's OK. No other info.

Steve.
Originally Posted by Raeford

Anybody know the whereabouts of J. Reno??

Last I heard, sometime in 2000, was that she'd bought a red F-150 and was driving across the country to San Francisco..................
Just too early to say what�s going on. In time, we�ll have a good idea who did this, and they�ll be hunted down.

From the explosives training I�ve had, both devices look pretty small. I�d say less than 10lbs of high explosives in each�but that�s just speculation from media photos.

The other remote possibility that I could see happening is that it's another crazy person like Aurora or Newton, but instead of guns, they chose bombs. Mass carnage and TV fame.

Maybe but the chances of that are dwindling by the second, those types want to be known, not mysterious.

Also with multiple bombs in different locations the chance of a lone wolf pulling this off are slim. Group effort IMO.
From the BBC news Website:

"Two people have been killed and 23 injured after two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, police say.

The blasts shattered the carnival atmosphere of one of the biggest sporting events in the US, causing panic and confusion.

Bloodied victims were initially rushed to a medical tent set up to care for fatigued runners.

Emergency services descended on the scene, which was quickly locked down.

The cause of the explosions has yet to be confirmed.

"There are a lot of people down," one runner was quoted as saying by AP news agency.

A White House official said President Barack Obama had been notified about events in Boston, while Vice President Joe Biden - breaking of from a telephone conference call on gun control - said: "Our prayers are with those people in Boston who have suffered injury."

The incident reportedly came about two hours after the winners crossed the line.

The Associated Press news agency said there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the bridge that marks the finish line. Another loud explosion could be heard a few seconds later, and smoke could be seen rising from the scene of the blasts.

TV helicopter footage showed blood staining the pavement in the shopping and tourist area known as Back Bay.

Mike Mitchell of Vancouver, Canada, a runner who had finished the race, said he was looking back at the finish line when he saw a "massive explosion."

Smoke rose 50ft (15m) in the air, he told Reuters news agency, and people began running away and screaming after hearing the noise. "Everybody freaked out," he said.

Stragglers heading for the finish line were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts as the scene was locked down.

The annual Boston Marathon attracting a large field of runners and tens of thousands of spectators.

Meanwhile, police in New York have told the Reuters news agency they have deployed anti-terrorism units at key sites."

Fox is reporting they have a suspect in custody.
martial law forthcoming
Originally Posted by Gus

Mass. is one of the Original Thirteen along with the Commonwealth of virginia, and the Great State of Georgia. an attack on one is an attack on the All. get it?

STFU and let the sane people discuss.
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
No, most damage would be done at the end of the race where the runners' families are gathered to cheer their guy across the finish line.

Terrorists count on the media to do the "most damage". The physical target is insignificant to them.

The other remote possibility that I could see happening is that it's another crazy person like Aurora or Newton, but instead of guns, they chose bombs. Mass carnage and TV fame.

Maybe but the chances of that are dwindling by the second, those types want to be known, not mysterious.

Also with multiple bombs in different locations the chance of a lone wolf pulling this off are slim. Group effort IMO.

Terrorist like to take credit too though...

I tend to agree with the group effort profile, but it's not impossible for it to be a single person.

If it's just a crazy person, then I'd be wary that if they keep quiet (like the unibomber) it's so they have second strike capability.
Yeah Fox says suspect IDed in hospital. Way early but I hope their right.
When will Zero be on TV to report it was not a terrorist.
Anyone hear from Kamo-Gari?

My thoughts are with he and his lovely bride right now...
He lives 90 miles north of Boston. He works in Boston but works nights, probably home sleeping. Airi works in NY.
Thanks man. I knew he was there frequently. Glad to hear that the likelihood of him being there is slim to none.
reports of suspect in custody, could be a single person...

or just the guy that had to stay back for detonation.

I still think muzzies, with the lone crazy person being a distant second.

Right wing is my last bet.

We will know more soon.
Prayers for the victims and their families. Hope the bombers have a slow, lingering, painful death
Originally Posted by Gus

oh thank you massah, for allowing me to speak on a public forum. you are so kind and so magnificient.

without you protecting my interests, i might not have anyone here who would allow me to speak? comprende, mf?
That would be the order that my profile would go in as well, heavywalker.

I just wouldn't place the lone crazy concept as so distant.
Lots of rumors.. talk now of a yello Penske rental truck that tried to gain access to site - driver saying they had medical supplies. Was turned away and is now being hunted for by FBI.
The Media is a terrorist best friends . Biden as now been sent to Boston with his Double Barrel Shotgun to protect the survivors
Man...

I hope that that is nothing...

Car bombs are no joke....
Anybody know which Utube video is responsible for this?
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

oh thank you massah, for allowing me to speak on a public forum. you are so kind and so magnificient.

without you protecting my interests, i might not have anyone here who would allow me to speak? comprende, mf?

All you're doing is [bleep] up the thread. Go away.
Originally Posted by bea175
The Media is a terrorist best friends . Biden as now been sent to Boston with his Double Barrel Shotgun to protect the survivors

I would pay good money to see him go running out into that street and shoot twice into the air and proclaim the area secure! laugh
Anybody know which Utube video is responsible for this?

laugh
they(bad guys) should have a de-fault plan as to where the truck needed to go....
To no one in particular:

Come on, guys. Please don't feed the Gus troll. I don't even read much of his posts.
Television conference confirming explosion at JFK Library..
if his handlers thought it made good air-play, we could see it happen on the msm such as abc, nbc, and cbs.

those media folks are always looking for a good story that sells, and brings in advertising revenue.

p.s. why isn't ruger, s&w, browning, etc. advertsing on the msm news?
i will not rest.... bs,bs,bs,bs.... where is our loser leader??? hiding under the desk or golf cart???

I would pay good money to see him go running out into that street and shoot twice into the air and proclaim the area secure! laugh

Probably why this didn't happen at the start of the race, starting pistols detour this kind of thing.
Originally Posted by Harry M
Yes, at least 2 more devices found that did not go off. Some sounds have been made by a police water cannon in an attempt to detonate other devices. Could be at least 6. All devices in viewing areas so civilians were targeted for maximum effect.

This has to be the work of several individuals I would think.

If they had 6 devices, the so called "security" must have been asleep....
Stepdaughter,boyfriend and their two kids are right near the finish line. Dan was running the race and was not that far away when the bombs went off. They are all safe but are stuck in Boston because they shut down public transportation and their car is parked outside of Boston. Might have to be trying to somehow pick them up later.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
i will not rest.... bs,bs,bs,bs.... where is our loser leader??? hiding under the desk or golf cart???

Under his desk filling his diaper.

I'd pay even more to see BPD gun him down when he does
Glad their safe.
Originally Posted by Gus
if his handlers thought it made good air-play, we could see it happen on the msm such as abc, nbc, and cbs.

those media folks are always looking for a good story that sells, and brings in advertising revenue.

p.s. why isn't ruger, s&w, browning, etc. advertising on the msm news?

They probably won't run their ads. whistle
NYPost, suspect in custody is Saudi national... SURPRISE! Well.. not, really.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers in the 26.2-mile trek from Hopkinton were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts.

A federal law-enforcement source confirmed to The Post there are at least 12 dead and nearly 50 injured. Fox News reported that Massachusetts General Hospital was treating 10 people with amputated limbs and all operating rooms were on hold.

Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

Law-enforcement sources said at least the first explosion occurred in the lobby of a nearby hotel.
New York Post says[/color][/b] a [b][color:#FF0000]Saudi National is the suspect, and is in custody...

Calhoun is fast...
NY Post (which is not the most reliable source) is reporting a Saudi National is in custody.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

Before I'm willing to believe that, I'd like to see the same reported by 2 or 3 more reputable news outlets.
CNN Wolf Blitzer blames the explosion on an anti-tax group and NYT Nicholas Kristof Blames GOP for Boston Blast - "explosion is a reminder that ATF needs a director.
That and make sure he wasn't just another spectator that was injured.

It's called a Claymore, folks, even if homemade. NORK's and Al Q come to mind, also Tim McVeigh...
One of Obama Cousins
Good thing DHS is still frisking Grandma in a wheelchair and babies in diapers at the airport..
Is this when Congress attempts to "save just one life" and enact a ball bearing registry legislation?

BAN TRASH CANS!

It's for the children...
New York Post says[/color][/b] a [b][color:#FF0000]Saudi National is the suspect, and is in custody...

Calhoun is fast...

Your link is to this thread laugh
Originally Posted by watch4bear
CNN Wolf Blitzer blames the explosion on an anti-tax group and NYT Nicholas Kristof Blames GOP for Boston Blast - "explosion is a reminder that ATF needs a director.

Well the world does revolve around the Beltway...

libtards never miss a beat do they..........
Television conference confirming explosion at JFK Library..

yup.Additional bomb reportedly found at Copley Mall,being diffused.
Prayers for the victims and their families. I would imagine the news media will be setting up their camps in the area for a while and maybe get off 24hr pro gun control. They all love Boston anyway.
my buddy is ok.

I'm thinking ragheads..

glad to hear that Calvin, it had to leave you a bit uneasy till you heard.

I don't give a flying F what persuasion the azzhole(s) were that did this, hell don't burn hot enough and we don't torture

so they'll get off easy in my book
I guess they now will now call for a ban on Cell Phones if one was used to detonate the explosive
Well, natty at least has the border safe.
NYPost, suspect in custody is Saudi national... SURPRISE! Well.. not, really.

Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers in the 26.2-mile trek from Hopkinton were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts.

A federal law-enforcement source confirmed to The Post there are at least 12 dead and nearly 50 injured. Fox News reported that Massachusetts General Hospital was treating 10 people with amputated limbs and all operating rooms were on hold.

Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

Law-enforcement sources said at least the first explosion occurred in the lobby of a nearby hotel.

In that case, the profile would suggest that he's not alone. Sleeper cell.
They could have killed hundreds....glad the bomb makers skills are amateur at best.
I'll bet boston gets another mosque, and the liberals will love it.
we must begin negotiations, but with whom??
Shut down cell towers and no flights out of Logan. Dragnet.
Originally Posted by Gus

obama can talk to himself, he's a muslim grin
Shepard Smith has got to be the Biggest Wimp and Whining MF'ER on Fox News
Complacency always come back to haunt. The security of this country is a sham...
Maybe one of Kathy Boudin's students at Columbia became so enamored with their teacher that they decided to follow in her footsteps.

Feel the rage right now for the perp? Now imagine that 30 years from now the perp is teaching your kid in College. That is how fugged up America is today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathy_Boudin

Who wants to bet these guys came over the Mexico border?

Secondly, if it's found that they did, it doesn't get released to the public....
Originally Posted by agazain

It's called a Claymore, folks, even if homemade. NORK's and Al Q come to mind, also Tim McVeigh...

agreed,
video from right next to the explosion, shows some aftermath. warning graphic.

http://bcove.me/qwi5k6ap

http://www.boston.com/video/viral_page/?%2Fservices%2Fplayer%2Fbcpid2080955193001&bckey=AQ~~%2CAAAAAA6piHY~%2CDqRT40XOAr8XmRt9Lw9Lza1eXkXEagX8&bctid=2303076923001
They could have killed hundreds....glad the bomb makers skills are amateur at best.

Their skills were 100% up to the task. If they were trying to kill hundreds, they wouldn�t have used the devices they used. These were small devices and anyone who knows anything about explosives can tell you that 8-10lbs of explosives aren�t going to kill hundreds. They don�t need to kill hundreds, look at the coverage they�re getting. This was a pretty damn successful incident.
"Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds."

Hoping those shrapnel wounds hurt real bad.

Fox just reported severe burns.

Yeah Shep is hard to watch.
I'll take that bet!
Apparently Penske truck has been found and explosives team on the way. Be interesting to hear the story on that one..

Police and fire are getting swamped with abandoned back packs and packages all over town. Prayers for the EOD's and bomb dogs.
Originally Posted by eh76
Complacency always come back to haunt. The security of this country is a sham...

But how do you meaningfully increase security without eroding personal freedoms? The terrorists win either way..
Apparently Penske truck has been found and explosives team on the way. Be interesting to hear the story on that one..

Police and fire are getting swamped with abandoned back packs and packages all over town. Prayers for the EOD's and bomb dogs.

This is exactly the kind of attack I've always thought would be most effective. Way too many people to chase down.

Steve.

They may have been amateurs but they had multiple devices....at least 5 of them..three went off and two others were found.One at finish line, one on front of Abe and Louies steak house on Copley,and a third at the JFK Library.

My son was at the marathon;he is OK and walking out of the city.Told him do not take subways.City is on lockdown.Cell service is down.
They just shut down tonight's hockey game. Some bad guys are going to die.

Did the dumb [bleep] suspect get caught in his own game?

But how do you meaningfully increase security without eroding personal freedoms? The terrorists win either way..

what do the terriorists want and what do we want? is there a significant difference between the two?

They just shut down tonight's hockey game. Some bad guys are going to die.

Did the dumb [bleep] suspect get caught in his own game?

I'm guessing there's more than one in this..
ain't takin that bet HAJ

tis a sucker's bet, I can no longer trust our gov't about anything

each of them took an oath to defend our Constitution and they are trying to dismantle it rather than defend.

imo they are doing as much or more damage to America than any terrorist could hope to do.

I mean at the borders Pete...we have none to speak of they are porous. I should have been more direct. TSA morons are so PC we single out Granmda's at airports rather than profile like they should be.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
They need an explosives registry.

I'd start looking to buy whatever powders you need now ( just in case it's a homemade style IED ).
Had heard cell phones were down, was thinking it was due to being swarmed. Apparently shut down intentionally.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/official-cellphone-service-shut-down-boston

A law enforcement official says cellphone service has been shut down in the Boston area to prevent any potential remote detonations of explosives.

Authorities have not identified what caused the explosives that erupted at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. The official was speaking on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

The explosions have killed two people and injured at least 23 others.

Bravo...

I wonder if our own NHK9 will be called in for this. It's a bit out of his way, but if there is that many, they may need all the help they can get...
Watched that video from the Boston Globe as it exploded and right after....

Did you notice the people who pitched right in to help get the fencing out of the way? They were dressed in military fatigues. A testament to the kind of people we have in our military...thank you unknown troops!
Originally Posted by Berettaman

Did you notice the people who pitched right in to help get the fencing out of the way? They were dressed in military fatigues. A testament to the kind of people we have in our military...thank you unknown troops!

the guy who decided it was more important to stand around and film instead of help ought to be ashamed of himself.
The simultaneous explosions, and reports of two other unexploded devices found near the scene raised suspicions that the blasts, just before 3 p.m., could be part of a terrorist attack. Authorities shut down cellular service in the area in order to prevent remote detonations. Intelligence officials told The Associated Press two unexploded devices were being dismantled, and a third explosion near the JFK Library in the Columbia Point section of Dorchester. Competitors and race organizers were crying as they fled the bloody chaos, while some witnesses reported seeing victims with lost limbs.

^From foxnews.com, my emphasis added

f*cking scary that they shut it down. i understand the reasoning but just f*cking scary that they would shut it down.

I can't believe this happened. Speedy recovery to all. My thoughts are with the victims.

the guy who decided it was more important to stand around and film instead of help ought to be ashamed of himself.

I disagree. Cameramen doing their job can be invaluable at times. Could catch crucial evidence.
When will Zero be on TV to report it was not a terrorist Muslim?

Fixed it for you.

MM
I have read cell service is shut down in Boston, I just saw a live clip from Boston and everybody has their phone stuck to their ear.
My two guesses would be A-Q inspired or one of the far right extremists like McVeigh..

Add a third.
The US government themselves.

Whichever it is media will spin it into something it's not.
Media under orders of the government, that is.

Clearly, the problem is "patriots day".
It's just such a negative and hateful thing. Very un-PC. Think of all the foreigners it offends.

Get rid of patriotism, the TEA Party, and the guns then and only then will all be well in the US of A.

Imagine the fallout had this been a North Korean...
Apparently the Penske truck they stopped and searched was cleared as just a delivery vehicle. If the guy was deliverying medical supplies to a business in the area, verrrrry bad timing.
So Obama has failed to protect us from terrorism, domestic or otherwise.

Perhaps now we can focus more on expanding gun rights rather than the curtailing them since - surprise surprise - the Muslim in Chief isn't able to protect us.
Apparently the Penske truck they stopped and searched was cleared as just a delivery vehicle. If the guy was deliverying medical supplies to a business in the area, verrrrry bad timing.

But good to hear....
Guy I used to work with was up for the Marathon. Was in between both blasts. He and his wife are safe.

Posted pics to his FB page.
have no fear, this administration will find a way to use this tragedy to accomplish their aims....anti gun and otherwise....
CNN is reporting that in fact the police have NOBODY in custody...
Originally Posted by Gus

what do the terriorists want and what do we want? is there a significant difference between the two?

That has got to be one of the dumbest, dumbphuck questions from you to date, and that's saying something. Be that as it may, I'm going to wait until we know more before offering up an opinion, other than the one already states of course...
First, prayers for all those affected by this cowardly, disgusting crime. Especially for those now trying to find any UXB's

I did, i also noticed all those poor spectators that had been in the blast zone had been blown like leaves into piles of humanity smashed up into that fence/barricade.
may whoever did this die S_L_O_W_

Kinda like the guy that the police chased into the wood and arrested in Newtown. These news agencies do not do themselves any favors with their reporting inaccurate info.

Then everyone wonders where all the conspiracies come from.

I believe that if you report enough inaccurate info immediately after things happen you are able to write your own story once the dust settles.
Not to worry as it is all under control by now. The half-assed-rican "president has been notified. (As if that makes a difference.)

A White House official said President Barack Obama had been notified about events in Boston, while Vice President Joe Biden - breaking of from a telephone conference call on gun control - said: "Our prayers are with those people in Boston who have suffered injury."

Ain't that just great! I and many others, I'm sure, feel much safer already.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Gus

That has got to be one of the dumbest, dumbphuck questions from you to date, and that's saying something. Be that as it may, I'm going to wait until we know more before offering up an opinion, other than the one already states of course...

why would one of a particular tribe attack someone of a diferent tribe? it's gone on for aeons. the Muslims consider Israel and the US, the Great Satan. i don't know why they should, but they do. we buy their oil, and they sell it to us. ya know? if we could figure out how to not buy their oil, would that place us ahead in the game???
Pete, the muslims want us dead. More and more of us want them dead. Sooner or later, we are going to have to get our heads out of the sand, recognize that islam is the enemy, and kill enough of them that they no longer see [bleep] with us as a viable enterprise.
It will be up to them to determine how many dead muslims that will take.

WTF are yo doing watching CNN?????!!!!
I am watching CBS live, as they say they can't speculate who did this they did mention it was tax day and both Waco and Oklahoma City were on April 18th. See the connection there? April.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Pete, the muslims want us dead. More and more of us want them dead. Sooner or later, we are going to have to get our heads out of the sand, recognize that islam is the enemy, and kill enough of them that they no longer see [bleep] with us as a viable enterprise.

That is the best synopsis of our "middle east problem" that I have ever read. Spot on Mannlicher.

I don't disagree with that, but what you suggest is not even remotely practical today and any move in that direction would simply spur a huge increase in support for them at the very least..

Energy Independence from the region is the only answer..If we didn't need their oil they could be treated like the third world savages they are..
Now being reported by multiple sources that wounded count is over 100.

I don't disagree with that, but what you suggest is not even remotely practical today and any move in that direction would simply spur a huge increase in support for them at the very least..

Energy Independence from the region is the only answer..If we didn't need their oil they could be treated like the third world savages they are..

Yep. Let 'em eat the oil.
Pete I believe you are correct, they will be relevant as long as we need their oil. The problem is that there is no end in sight, and the current green energy push by the current administration is actually a step backwards.

I'm not sure that energy independence would even achieve anything. Islam is about expanding their religion and culture to all points of the globe. Period.
Pete I believe you are correct, they will be relevant as long as we need their oil. The problem is that there is no end in sight, and the current green energy push by the current administration is actually a step backwards.

I hate to say it, but the American (and Western) oil company's are as much at fault here as anybody..We should have been moving towards Energy Independence in the 1970's when the first oil embargo's were threaten, but there was too much money tied up in the oil from the region..

Current green energy is interesting, but currently pretty insignificant for the US..As much as I dislike the answer, Nuclear energy is the only real alternative and thats not problem free either..

Energy independence followed by some payback would be nice.

They're weekend bomb chunkers and have no stomach for a rolling 24 fight.

Destroy their oil fileds and keep destroying them as they attempt to piece that schit back together.

Once the money dries up and they have to go back to goat herding, you won't hear much out of them.
Originally Posted by Stush

I'm not sure that energy independence would even achieve anything. Islam is about expanding their religion and culture to all points of the globe. Period.

Much easier to say GFY when the other person does not have his finger on the light switch..
Pete,

Maybe that's the answer for Europe, but America can produce much of her own and can get the rest from neighbors in this hemisphere.

They have Europe's nuts in a vice, not ours...

We can change our arrangement with them, you guys - not so much.

It would at least remove the funding from oil. Probably break a kingdom or two up, muslims also enjoy killing other muslims, with cries of snackbar it would seem. Film it all in HD and I'll watch it on liveleak.
After listening to the scanner, I pity the media now. Confusion reigns.. Guessing it will take all night or even days for basic information to get straightened out.

Folks doing the best they can in a tough situation.
Obama is speaking, I feel so much better now.
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Maybe that's the answer for Europe, but America can produce much of her own and can get the rest from neighbors this hemisphere.

They have Europe's nuts in a vice, not ours.

Right now they have yours in the vice too..

if Saudi turned off the taps or otherwise convinced OPEC to hike the price, the global price for oil goes up, including the price of the stuff in North America..thats capitalism 101..

Also OPEC only has to quite trading oil in dollars and switch to trading in Euro's as Sadam threatened and it would do your economy a world of hurt..

At the moment, I assume they don't want to kill the cash cow, but as OPEC see's demand in the market from China grow, and America's influence wane, they will more inclined to turn the screws on the US..
Originally Posted by Stush

Much easier to say GFY when the other person does not have his finger on the light switch..

Yes. I will heartily agree there. Just not sure it will totally fix our "Muslim" problem. It's already within our borders and reproducing like a virus waiting to reach critical mass.
Originally Posted by shreck
I am watching CBS live, as they say they can't speculate who did this they did mention it was tax day and both Waco and Oklahoma City were on April 18th. See the connection there? April.

Don't forget, my ex was born in april.
Right up until that schit got taken away from them.

Pete, if you think this nation will sit by and see it's economy intentionally ruined by a foreign power, you've missed your guess pard.

We can get there (energy independence), but it will certainly take time.

I actually hope they do that, because it will produce a national effort like you haven't seen since WWII.

Socialist Europe can't do it and the Arabs know it. You're [bleep].
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Don't forget, my ex was born in april.

Mine too.

rip.

Pete, if you think this nation will sit by and see it's economy intentionally ruined by a foreign power, you've missed your guess pard.

Its already happened dating back to the 1970's..what you're try to do is recover from that position..

I hope so..

The situation is worse for Europe and the UK as they are also heavily reliant on Russia and Eastern Europe for energy, which never struck me as a wise move..
We have a WHOOOOOLE lot more oil in our country than most are aware of. There was an article, that was very lengthy, that got leaked, that talked of the hundreds of billions of barrels of oil in the Rocky Mountain region. Enough to sustain the US, at current consumption levels, for hundreds of years. Needless to say, this article got squashed quick.
Originally Posted by Ironman65
We have a WHOOOOOLE lot more oil in our country than most are aware of. There was an article, that was very lengthy, that got leaked, that talked of the hundreds of billions of barrels of oil in the Rocky Mountain region. Enough to sustain the US, at current consumption levels, for hundreds of years. Needless to say, this article got squashed quick.

Yeah, but we won't be allowed to use it until the Chinese own it all.
Is this when Congress attempts to "save just one life" and enact a ball bearing registry legislation?

BAN TRASH CANS!

It's for the children...

Agreed...and ball bearings---and close the ball-bearing car show loophole (surely there must be one!). That, and no more internet sales of ball bearings and a national registry of trash can owners. Do our children deserve anything less? crazy

The US undoubtedly has a lot of oil and gas reserves, but much of it is currently very costly to extract..And given that the US is largely a free market economy and there is an increasing demand for oil on the international market, you are still susceptible to prices being driven up by others..

Only way around that is to either nationalize the industry and put it under Government control (very unlikely) or develop unrelated power sources such as nuclear..
Originally Posted by Tracks

Yeah, but we won't be allowed to use it until the Chinese own it all.

That is a scary, real possibility.
Originally Posted by RobJordan

BAN TRASH CANS!

It's for the children...

Agreed...and ball bearings---and close the ball-bearing car show loophole (surely there must be one!). That, and no more internet sales of ball bearings and a national registry of trash can owners. Do our children deserve anything less? crazy

You guys are missing the gun control angle. Claims of gun powder used for the bomb. Bend over handloaders

I'm waiting for some DC SOB or MSM reporter to exclaim how an armed citizen can't stop these things, so we need to ban guns. They are useless.
Originally Posted by Gus

Negotions my ass. When we find out the perpetrator, they need to have a bomb put up their ass. Barry will put them in a federal country club.
Originally Posted by oulufinn

Bet on gunpowder, too. It will make a perfect case against handloaders. Ammo is where it's at for real control.

I hope you are wrong but its just the sort of thing the Anti's are likely to use justify controls on powder sales..
Petre,

I hope the oil sheiks start to trade in Euros. Soon the Euro will be cheap toilet paper. laugh

wink
FOX reporting the WH,in spite of Obama's failure to say so,is stating it is believed the bombings were an act of terrorism.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Petre,

I hope the oil sheiks start to trade in Euros. Soon the Euro will be cheap toilet paper. laugh
wink

I suspect thats one of the things stopping them at the moment..maybe in ten years time they will be trading in the Yuan?
The last mile of the marathon was dedicated to the Newtown victims. Apparently there were some Newtown residents in attendance sitting in the stands..

Talk about some bad luck....

Don't tell me that. Can you imagine the frikken spin now?
Did anyone notice the muzzy CIC didn't mention terrorism in his news conference?

His speech sounded like the same worn out BS he used in regards to Benghazi.

He refuses to utter the word terrorism. mad
We "will not rest", "let me be clear", "coming together as a nation", and "wait till the facts are in"...

Same ol song and dance...
Don't tell me that. Can you imagine the frikken spin now?

Same thoughts. Now they are reporting an 8 year old was killed.
"The full weight of justice".

GMAFB. he'll do nothing but yammer.
Originally Posted by Gus

Negotions my ass. When we find out the perpetrator, they need to have a bomb put up their ass. Barry will put them in a federal country club.

Gus, a word to the wise, they are going to take the guns away from mentally ill people. Your posts put you at extreme risk make that a sure thing.
Well, one thing that we can be sure of is that it was the work of one lone nut, since all such things in the U.S. are considered to be so. Heck, there're probably a lot of people out there who believe that if you line up the passengers in the 9/11 planes just right, you can prove that one man took control of all four.
The one that pizzes me off is the simple "brought to justice".

If the spineless POS had any balls he'd say "Any acts of terrorism against US Citizens will met with deadly force."

Still waiting to see the "Full Weight of Justice" fall upon Nidal Hasan.

I guess Muslims can't sentence other Muslims to death. I imagine his case will make it thru the system about a month after the HalfRican leaves office...

The US undoubtedly has a lot of oil and gas reserves, but much of it is currently very costly to extract..And given that the US is largely a free market economy and there is an increasing demand for oil on the international market, you are still susceptible to prices being driven up by others..

Only way around that is to either nationalize the industry and put it under Government control (very unlikely) or develop unrelated power sources such as nuclear..

no Pete. The only thing keeping us from pumping oil is an EPA controlled by progressive/socialists that want to bring their own Country down. Get past that, and there are no cost issues.
If the spineless POS had any balls he'd say "Any acts of terrorism against US Citizens will met with deadly force."

it's in place already

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...trikes-to-kill-Americans-on-US-soil.html

no Pete. The only thing keeping us from pumping oil is an EPA controlled by progressive/socialists that want to bring their own Country down. Get past that, and there are no cost issues.

Yep. We create our own cost issues.
You watch - drone will take out the "co-conspirators" and that will be used to placate those who take issue with US drones.

Still waiting to see the "Full Weight of Justice" fall upon Nidal Hasan.

I guess Muslims can't sentence other Muslims to death. I imagine his case will make it thru the system about a month after the HalfRican leaves office...

You nailed that one dead on.
white house late to respon..... zero' had to change his wet pants!!!
obuma is an evil sadistic basturd ! after having those children killed to fuel his anti gun agenda, now he does this !

he will blame gunpowder and start the ban on reloading components especially powder and primers !

just watch and see, this is not going to be the last one, they will step up the carnage and lay the blame on gun owners..

this has all been planned out years ago, it's all an orchestrated set up !
Swamplord, you are one sick bastard. I just want to get that on the record. Disgusting.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
white house late to respon..... zero' had to change his wet pants Panties !!!

Fixed it for you.
Originally Posted by RobJordan

You nailed that one dead on.

Of course nothing like ignoring reality. Why?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/13/world/meast/saudi-executions-beheading
Because killing Infidels isn't a crime to Muslims.

Obama will not sentence Hasan to death for something Obama doesn't view as a crime.
Your boy obammy doesn't kill his muslim brothers, he appoints em to his cabinet.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/ex...-extreme-appointees-in-american-history/
"feel the full weight of justice."

Does that mean he declares who it is and kills them, without trial, on American soil.
It probably means a drone will blow up an unoccupied tool shed somewhere in rural Mass, then the all clear will be given and the Halfrican can talk about justice being served.

And while we're at it, we'll just keep these drones flying all across the U.S. to take out any other "terrorists" before they can act...

The 3 local Boston stations are all reporting that they are seeing a LOT of Local, State and Federal Police gathering at Brigham & Womens Hospital. Way more cops than at any of the other hospitals. This is the Hospital that one of the NY news outlets has reported the police are supposed to be guarding a person of interest. But the official word from the police is still that no one is in custody.
If foreign nationals are involved, this should be declared an act of war.
My son was at Uno's with friends,just down the street from the explosion...he said it was bedlam.

He said that businesses were immediately locked down, and in no time there were M16 armed State Police on every single corner,and everywhere else in Copley Sq..... cruisers,and ambulances everywhere.He was astonished at how fast they were on the scene.

Public transportation was shut down almost immediately.He walked to Charlestown where I picked him up.

He said it was not a pleasant afternoon.
Right up until that schit got taken away from them.

I actually hope they do that, because it will produce a national effort like you haven't seen since WWII.

Pete's right on one thing but wrong on another.
Should have started towards energy independence back in the 70's, and many people were saying that very thing, but not alternative energies.

The old saying "alternative energies are the future" is 100% spot on.
but now is not the future.

Since we waited, clear from the 70's, to begin the journey to independence we'll have to deal with the consequences.... we and our allies nuts in the vice.

That though, is not so distant in the future as are wind and solar, which are currently pipe dreams of the dreamy eyed with pot pipes to their lips.
Independence is the immediate goal.

Pete is right too, on nuclear.

1) independence
2) europe buys from us instead of arabs
3) eliminate muslims

That's my take on it anyway...

Put the fed gov back in their cage and it'd be cheaper and easier than most realize.

Most of the reason jobs are so cheap in china is because their fed doesn't have their nose stuck in every single step of every process of production.
90% of America's problems are in the fed.
Cut the fed by 90% and it's full steam ahead. Steam from nuke, coal, and oil that is.
FOX reporting the WH,in spite of Obama's failure to say so,is stating it is believed the bombings were an act of terrorism.

Well, it wasn't for group hug kum ba ya singing love of mankind.

(shaking head)
Dear God above, them people are stupid.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Gus, a word to the wise, they are going to take the guns away from mentally ill people. Your posts put you at extreme risk make that a sure thing.

lol !

Visions of Gus with crayon between toes writing again and again on the padded walls "kill ScottF Kill ScottF".
Originally Posted by BobinNH
My son was at Uno's with friends,just down the street from the explosion...he said it was bedlam.

He said that businesses were immediately locked down, and in no time there were M16 armed State Police on every single corner,and everywhere else in Copley Sq..... cruisers,and ambulances everywhere.He was astonished at how fast they were on the scene.

Public transportation was shut down almost immediately.He walked to Charlestown where I picked him up.

He said it was not a pleasant afternoon.

Happy your son is fine Bob.
The Head Foreign Student National made almost identical remarks regarding Benghazi...

His State Dept. is going to have a more difficult time silencing the reactions and responses on how this went down (I hope).

Prayers for those afflicted by evil acts like this.

Of course I'm betting a slew of governmental layers failed to do what they proclaim only they can do (and obviously can't).
Isn't it obvious. The DHS cannot gather intel on foreign terrorists. Because
A. They are too busy securing the border

B. they are also stretched thin dues to sequester

C. They have had to direct precious financial reaources into giving terrorism seminars telling local LE that they need to pay particular attention to Christians who believe in the Bible.

The only logical solution here is to ban guns and graciously allow the DHS full access to our emails And beg the reruns. To lift sequester to allow the purchase of more drones to be used for domestic surveillance. Thus they will ensure our safety unless more Muslims attack us. After all. They are freedom fighters and must not be persecuted due to their hatred of America
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by Scott F

lol !

Visions of Gus with crayon between toes writing again and again on the padded walls "kill ScottF Kill ScottF".

I could live with that. wink
You forgot

D. Fleecing a senile, 83 year old Great Grandmother and making her consume the contents of her colostomy bag before boarding a flight from Minneapolis to Omaha......
reports of suspect in custody, could be a single person...

or just the guy that had to stay back for detonation.

I still think muzzies, with the lone crazy person being a distant second.

Right wing is my last bet.

We will know more soon.
I think it was caused by that anti-islamic video.
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/04/15/wsj-officials-find-five-undetonated-explosive-devices/
Maybe Slummer will ban explosives.

That's what I'm saying; if only bombs were banned this would not have ever happened!

It would at least remove the funding from oil. Probably break a kingdom or two up, muslims also enjoy killing other muslims, with cries of snackbar it would seem. Film it all in HD and I'll watch it on liveleak.
Energy independence and even exporting excess energy is in sight. That is if we are not destroyed by the Liar in Chief.
Obama sounded pathetically wooden and insincere in his statement....he's really a self-parody now.

I'm only reporting what I just heard from Matt Lauer, reporting from the hospital.

29 admitted. 8 in critical condition. 5 in serious condition.
I'm only reporting what I just heard from Matt Lauer, reporting from the hospital.

Well now it here . Just a start . Our predident they will be brought to justice. Now this scares me a slap on the hand an deported Hope this bunch in there now gets back bone an kill them that done this

[bleep] Matt Lauer. He's just one of the accomplices. And once an accomplice, always an accomplice. He can go straight to [bleep] hell with the rest of 'em.
Originally Posted by Plinker
If foreign nationals are involved, this should be declared an act of war.

Agreed, but why would foreign nationals use "shaped charges" to take the legs out from people at a marathon? The use of shaped charges seems very odd, a non-shaped charge would have likely killed many more if that was the goal. The explosions at the Boston marathon seem to have been designed to maim, the question is why?

WSJ back pedalling on that one now

Update:

(TPM) � After initially reporting that authorities found five additional undetonated devices in Boston, the Wall Street Journal now says officials doubt they were indeed bombs:

Two people briefed on the investigation said officials initially believed that the five additional devices could be undetonated explosives. Later Monday, a law-enforcement official said subsequent closer examinations led investigators to doubt that they were bombs.
I am deeply saddened to hear of this.
Thoughts and wishes are with all who are affected.
I hope they get this sorted out quick smart.
Originally Posted by AussieLad

+1. May God be with them all.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Obama sounded pathetically wooden and insincere in his statement....he's really a self-parody now.

Always a good time for politics, huh? blush

Sycamore
WSJ back pedalling on that one now

Guess we'll just have to wait for the whitehouse official version.
Originally Posted by AussieLad

I hope if they find out 17/19 of the perpetrators are from a particular country, they take that data into the action plan.

Sycamore
W4B,

I appreciate the link, I was just updating you on the latest. I didn't check the WSJ, just the link you furnished.

Sycamore
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Sycamore
Sycamore, the politics is in not being able to say the word "terrorist", unless you think it may be fear that is keeping him from saying that word.
Eyeball,

I don't watch the news, so I don't know who said what. I know everyone in the public eye is afraid to make a mistake. I figure we'll know a lot more (or someone will) in the next few days.

It doesn't seem like it was a gas line, or an accident to me. If I knew where to invest, I'd be putting my money in Drone stocks, though! grin

I bet those boys will be going to three shifts pretty soon. (If they are not there already).

Sycamore
Drones all over the place today. It warmed up and the sun was out, all kinds of bees flying including drones.
Eyeball,

I don't watch the news, so I don't know who said what. I know everyone in the public eye is afraid to make a mistake. I figure we'll know a lot more (or someone will) in the next few days.

It doesn't seem like it was a gas line, or an accident to me. If I knew where to invest, I'd be putting my money in Drone stocks, though! grin

I bet those boys will be going to three shifts pretty soon. (If they are not there already).

Sycamore
I will disagree in that Natty is not afraid to say the border is the most secure in recent history and then hear about the joke of airport screeners from airport screeners who shake down kids and old crippled folks. We are paying for an awful expensive joke, when American citizens are warned to forget hunting deer, coyotes, or quail and dove anywhere near Arizonas southern border.
Swamplord, you are one sick bastard. I just want to get that on the record. Disgusting.

Truth is the only thing people don't want to believe !

he is responsible for authorizing this attack on American people on American soil.... that scumbag IS the domestic terrorist....

Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

I avoid watching TV news, but when I do, I prefer Fox unless Shep Smith is on the air.

Back to the tragedy - that is awful, and whoever is responsible needs to pay dearly for their actions.

My least favorite also.

He seems the least gun savy of the Fox crew also.

Well, he is definitely a traitor as far as the constitution is concerned, and a liar as far as taxes are concerned. Both are Great qualities as far as Bent D is concerned.
Originally Posted by Freedumb1

My least favorite also.

Yea, he came on Fox today and reported 2 deaths and 12 decapitations.
As of a while later, no correction had been given.
He also reported that people were finding "bullets" in their pockets after a report that one man found an object resembling a shotgun pellet in his pocket.

(Anyone notice his resemblance to James MacArthur of "The Swiss Family Robinson" and "Hawaii 5-O"?)

My least favorite also.

Muslims are directed to decapitate infidels, am I right? The Muslims are passing along the good news to the brotherhood.
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Truth is the only thing people don't want to believe !

he is responsible for authorizing this attack on American people on American soil.... that scumbag IS the domestic terrorist....

Um, I'm still not convinced Barry is domestic at all..... just say in

My least favorite also.

It may be possible that decapitation is not fatal in whatever universe he is operating in and therefore not counted as a death.

What can I say...media!
from Boston globe:

By David Abel, Travis Andersen and Martin Finucane, Globe Staff

Three people were killed and 144 others were injured this afternoon as two powerful explosions detonated in quick succession near the Boston Marathon finish line in Boston�s Back Bay section, transforming a scene of athletic celebration into bloody chaos.

When the smoke cleared from the apparent terrorist attack, dozens of victims lay in the street, some unconscious, some grievously injured, including some whose limbs had been torn off by the blast.

The dead included an 8-year-old boy, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation. Boston Children�s Hospital reported that those treated there included a 9-year-old girl, a 7-year-old boy, a 12-year-old, and a 2-year-old.

President Barack Obama vowed that whoever planted the explosives would be found and brought to justice.

�We still do not know who did this or why. And people shouldn�t jump to conclusions before we have all the facts,� he told reporters at the White House shortly after 6 p.m. �But make no mistake, we will get to the bottom of this ... Any responsible individuals, any responsible groups will feel the full weight of justice.�

At a news conference this evening, Richard DesLauriers, head of the Boston office of the FBI, said his agency wouild take the lead in the probe of the blasts. �It is a criminal investigation that is a potential terrorist investigation,� he said.

A White House official told the Globe, �Any event with multiple explosive devices, as this appears to be, is clearly an act of terror, and will be approached as an act of terror.�

Blood and broken glass covered sidewalks in the area after the blasts occurred at about 2:50 p.m.

�It was just immediately [evident] there were injuries, right in the middle of the spectator crowds,� said boston.com sports producer Steve Silva, who was on the scene to cover the race, which is normally an upbeat spectacle that draws elite athletes and determined runners from across the world.

�There was blood everywhere; there were victims being carried out on stretchers. I saw someone lose their leg. People are crying. People are confused,� Silva, who captured one of the explosions on video, said moments after the blasts.

The injured were brought for treatment to eight area hospitals. Massachusetts General Hospital treated 29 people, 8 of whom are in critical condition, Dr. Peter [bleep], a trauma surgeon, told reporters at a briefing late this evening. He said �several� people had to have limbs amputated. Dr. Ron Walls, chairman of emergency medicine at Brigham and Women�s Hospital, said at a separate briefing that his hospital had treated 31 patients.

Both doctors said those injured had metal debris embedded in their bodies, but they didn�t think that the metal was shrapnel that was built into the bombs.

�We will turn every rock over to find the people who were responsible for this,� Boston Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis said.

No suspects have been arrested, Davis said, though police were questioning many people.

Just before 8 p.m., a �person of interest� was being questioned at Brigham and Women�s in connection with the bombing, according to an official briefed on the investigation. The individual was hurt in the explosion, the official said. But Davis said at a mid-evening news conference attended by DesLauriers, Governor Deval Patrick, and other officials, that �there is no suspect at Brigham and Women�s Hospital as has been widely reported.�

Neither Davis nor DesLauriers would discuss any specifics of the case at the news conference.

The Federal Aviation Administration said it had implemented a no-fly zone around the Back Bay area of Boston to allow medical aircraft to evacuate victims. The agency also said it had halted inbound flights to Logan International Airport for a half-hour so runways could be reconfigured to keep aircraft from flying over the area.

Davis said the attacks had occurred without warning. �There was no specific intelligence� suggesting an attack would take place, he said.

Governor Patrick said there was a �horrific attack here in Boston� and authorities were focusing on making sure the area around the Copley Square finish line was safe. He urged everyone to stay away from the area.

He said an area of several blocks around where the explosions occurred had been sealed off and was considered a crime scene. �The city of Boston is open and will be open tomorrow,� he said, �but it will not be business as usual.�

Davis had initially said there had been a third explosion at the John F. Kennedy Library in Dorchester. But the police department later downplayed those comments, suggesting that the incident might not have been an explosion and might have been a fire.

Hundreds of police officers and firefighters descended on the scene immediately after the blasts, clearing out the finish-line viewing stands. FBI, State Police, and agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were among the investigators, officials said.

Bomb squads searched the area, said Steve MacDonald, a spokesman for the Boston Fire Department. Officials said another explosion, heard in the city around 4 p.m., was a �controlled blast� staged as part of bomb squad activity.

Davis, the police commissioner, said the two explosions had happened near the finish line 50 to 100 yards apart. Silva�s video showed the explosions happened about 12 seconds apart.

MacDonald said one explosion had happened in front of the Marathon Sports store at 671-673 Boylston and the windows were blown out at a LensCrafters optician�s store, where �the sidewalk is loaded with blood.�

Boston.com�s Silva said, �I was there at the finish, shooting finish line scenes, and then, bang!, it just went off, and then less than 15 to 20 seconds after, there was a second explosion, closer to Fairfield Street.�

�It was just an explosion. It came out of nowhere. ... I saw dismemberment. I saw blood everywhere.�

Obama said he had directed the full resources of the federal government to �investigate and respond� to the blasts and that he had assured Governor Patrick and Mayor Thomas M. Menino that �every single federal resource necessary� was available to them.

�The American people will say a prayer for Boston tonight,� Obama said. �We will find out who did this and we will hold them accountable.�

Menino said, �Let me just say that this is a tragedy. We�re going to work together on this.�

Dave Benson, 41, was in the stands across Boylston Street from the explosion.

�I thought it was an end-of-the-event celebration with fireworks. Then I saw a huge plume of smoke and people falling down.�

Andrea George, 39, who was also across the street, said, �We heard a noise and heard the glass shatter. My friend was right there, and I can�t get in touch with them. I just started running. Everyone was running in different directions. It was the scariest thing I ever saw.�

John Boyden, 57, of Jamaica Plain was standing near the Lenox hotel when he heard a blast and, seconds later, another blast knocked him off his feet.

�When I looked up, I saw people with bloody heads, people with their shirts blown off, and what looked like a 10-year-old boy who was unconscious.�

� I feel like I�m going to throw up. It�s like we�re in the Middle East or something,� he said.

John Lagoudakis, a chef at Proper Slice, said he heard an explosion and came out to see a woman with a severed leg. He said, �You could see the bone sticking out and stuff, so I took off my apron and tied it to try and stop the bleeding.�

Davis said many people who fled the scene on Boylston Street left bags and parcels strewn along the route, and each of those items was being �treated as a suspicious device� and might be detonated by authorities.

Davis said he could not confirm reports that the bombs were placed in trash cans.

The blasts came long after the elite runners had finished the race � at a time when hundreds of amateurs were crossing the finish line. About 27,000 people were slated to participate in the race, an annual rite of spring in Boston that has been held for more than a century.

The Boston Athletic Association, which organizes the race, said this evening, �Today is a sad day for the City of Boston, for the running community, and for all those who were here to enjoy the 117th running of the Boston Marathon. What was intended to be a day of joy and celebration quickly became a day in which running a marathon was of little importance.�

The organization said that all the runners who were out on the course when the explosions happened had been returned to a community meeting area.

Governor Patrick said it was not yet clear how businesses in the cordoned-off area would be affected, but said workers �in most cases� would probably not have access to their offices Tuesday morning.

He also said MBTA riders should be prepared for random searches of backpacks and parcels on Tuesday.

Davis said authorities were continuing to comb through bags left behind at the scene of the blasts but, as yet, no additional explosive devices had been found. �I�m not prepared to say that we are at ease,� Davis added.

The blast came on Patriots Day, Obama noted, which is a state holiday in Massachusetts that celebrates the beginning of the American Revolution.

�It�s a day that celebrates the free and fiercely independent spirit that this great American city of Boston has reflected from the earliest days of our nation,� Obama said. �And it�s a day that draws the world to Boston�s streets in a spirit of friendly competition. Boston is a tough and resilient town. So are its people. I�m supremely confident that Bostonians will pull together, take care of each other, and move forward as one proud city. And as they do, the American people will be with them every single step of the way.�

Davis gave out two emergency phone numbers for people to call. Relatives of victims and anyone missing can call the mayor�s hotline at 617-635-4500. Anyone with information about the explosions should call police at 800-494-TIPS, he said.

The FBI also said it had set up 800-CALL-FBI (800-225-5324), prompt #3, for anyone who had information or visual images regarding the explosions.

�No piece of information or detail is too small,� the FBI said in a statement.
Jim O�Sullivan, Andrea Estes, Maria Cramer, Brian Ballou, Michael Levenson, Travis Andersen, Kay Lazar, and Carolyn Johnson of the Globe staff, as well as Globe correspondents Todd Feathers and Lauren Dezenski contributed to this report.
http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopula...ers-on-Roofs/BrirjAzFPUKKN8z6eSDJEA.cspx
Thanks Scott...me,too. smile

Thought he was elswhere along the marathon route...but he was not far away.Lucky day.
But he killed Osama bin laden... All is good now right???
Last time I saw [bleep] like that missing legs and stuff was in Afghanistan on ied hit on 1152 the smell will stick with you forever and damn just damn
Originally Posted by Squidge
[
Agreed, but why would foreign nationals use "shaped charges" to take the legs out from people at a marathon? The use of shaped charges seems very odd, a non-shaped charge would have likely killed many more if that was the goal. The explosions at the Boston marathon seem to have been designed to maim, the question is why?

First, who says it was a shaped charge? seems early days to establish that..A similar effect had be seen if a "conventional" bomb is detonated near a wall or other hard surface..

If it was a shaped charge, it sounds like they tried to build claymore type devices using shotgun pellets for shrapnel..If that is the case, maybe they bought a batch of shotgun cartridges, and broke them down and used the pellets for shrapnel and the powder for the charge?

Also, I'm still keeping an open mind who is behind this..The Saudi national *may* just have been unlucky like the other victims..
Saw a montage of interviews where one guy said that the smell of sulfur was overwhelming.

Don't know if he actually knew what the hell he was talking about, or was just reciting common odors from explosives he read on the internet once, but that would be interesting regarding the types of explosives used.
First, who says it was a shaped charge? seems early days to establish that..A similar effect had be sen if a "conventional" bomb is detonated near a wall or other hard surface..

If it is a shaped charge, it sounds like they tried to build claymore type devices using shotgun pellets for shrapnel..If that is the case, maybe they bought a batch of shotgun cartridges, and broke them down and used the pellets for shrapnel and the powder for the charge?

Also, I'm still keeping an open mind who is behind this..The Saudi national *may* just have been unlucky like the other victims..

One of the witnesses I saw interviewed last night who was standing 10ft from the explosion described it as a shaped charge, he was not hit. It just seems odd that most of the injuries occured at knee level and below.
Saw a montage of interviews where one guy said that the smell of sulfur was overwhelming.

Guys here have been saying yellow smoke. I dunno, it sure looked like black powder smoke to me.
Yes, it did.

Sycamore

ALWAYS. Think of it as a patriotic duty to smack treasonous democraps at every turn. No different than say, targets of opportunity in war...
First, who says it was a shaped charge? seems early days to establish that..A similar effect had be sen if a "conventional" bomb is detonated near a wall or other hard surface..

If it is a shaped charge, it sounds like they tried to build claymore type devices using shotgun pellets for shrapnel..If that is the case, maybe they bought a batch of shotgun cartridges, and broke them down and used the pellets for shrapnel and the powder for the charge?

One of the witnesses I saw interviewed last night who was standing 10ft from the explosion described it as a shaped charge, he was not hit. It just seems odd that most of the injuries occured at knee level and below.

Shaped charge? lol. Not hardly. In situations like this, the LAST thing you want is a shaped charge. My guess this was a relatively unsophisticated device.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Guys here have been saying yellow smoke. I dunno, it sure looked like black powder smoke to me.

And now, all the folks that felt good about their gun situation because they liked it old school only will have to worry about their BPCR shooting.

Shaped charge? lol. Not hardly. In situations like this, the LAST thing you want is a shaped charge. My guess this was a relatively unsophisticated device.

I have zero expertise in anything related to bombs but my impression is that it wasn't a sophisticated shaped charge. There was as much or even more of the energy that was directed upward rather than outward. A sophisticated shaped charge would have brought almost everyone who was in the path of the charge to the ground and that wasn't case. The smoke would also have blown outward instead of in all directions.

Like I say I'm no expert but I've seen enough FX shows, MythBusters, and explosives used in mining on TV to get some idea.

If I'm wrong ... I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

You can see yellow slightly orange tinted boiling balls of smoke or possibly a yellow orangish fireball but the predominate smoke/residue was white. But ...

I don't know enough to guess what caused it.
"...the full weight of justice (unless they don't want to shave their beard)"
"...the full weight of justice "

just like Nidal, Fast & Furious, Benghazi......................
Completely empty words from a completely empty suit.

I really hope I am wrong about my opinion, but here it is. I think this was domestic. Tax day and Patriot day. If this does legitimately turn out to be domestic terrorism, and it turns out to be some far right fringe tax hater, we will be surely [bleep]. I really hope I am wrong, but.....

Just because no one has claimed responsibility yet has me concerned it isn't A-Q.

Clyde
A very valid point and unfortunatley there is precedent. The other side of the coin would be domestic, home-grown muslim terrorists.
Maybe Obama will consult with Jay Z on what to do.

What a freakin joke we have in the white house.
From the latest press conference:

BOSTON � Authorities searched the suburban Boston apartment of a �person of interest� in connection with the marathon bombings, as officials said on Tuesday that there were only two explosive devices and urged the public to share photos and videos from the scene to aid the investigation.
At a press conference Tuesday morning, government and law enforcement officials dismissed rumors and reports that multiple explosive devices had been found in the wake of powerful twin blasts at the Boston Marathon that injured between 150 and 176 people � 17 critically � and killed three, including an 8-year-old boy who came to watch his father run.
�It�s important to clarify that two, and only two, explosive devices were found yesterday,� Gov. Deval Patrick (D-Mass.) said at the press briefing. �All other parcels in the area of the blast have been examined, but there are no unexploded bombs, there were no unexploded explosive devices found.�

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...son-of-interest-90125.html#ixzz2QdpHVuuF
Kerry meeting abruptly closed

By JOSH GERSTEIN |
4/16/13 10:40 AM EDT
A meeting Secretary of State John Kerry was to hold with Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Saud Al-Faisal was abruptly closed to press coverage Tuesday morning.
The State Department provided no reason for the change, which was announced just 15 minutes before the scheduled 10 A.M. session, but media reports have said that a Saudi national in the U.S. on a student visa is a "person of interest" to investigators probing the bombings at the Boston Marathon on Monday.
The person being investigated was badly injured in the attack, sources said.
"Apologies for short notice," the State Department's press office told reporters as it announced the change. A spokesperson did not immediately respond to a query about the closure of the meeting, which had been scheduled to include a so-called "camera spray" at the top of the session

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...son-of-interest-90125.html#ixzz2QdpHVuuF
CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: What strikes me is part of the reason for the psychological shock is that if you think about it, Bret, this is the first successful bombing -- terror explosion since 9/11. We've had some that were attempted, like the one in Times Square that never succeeded.

We've had by my count, about ten terrorist attacks in the U.S. since 9/11, all of them have been shootings with one exception, which is a man who drove a car into a crowd at University of North Carolina. But this is the first explosion. I think that's what gives this the sort of psychological resonance. People running in the street of a big city, the smoke. Of course, it's nowhere near the scale of 9/11, but it's the first time.

And I think that is sort of a historical echo that we're feeling and it reminds us of how vulnerable we felt at the beginning of this whole decade of terror. And that even though, we thought that we had largely escaped, and we have largely escaped, it is still out there. (Special Report, April 15, 2013)
Originally Posted by BLG
Just because no one has claimed responsibility yet has me concerned it isn't A-Q.

Clyde

Al Quaeda didn't jump up and claim responsibility for 9/11 immediately either. The fact that it was civilians rather than any gov't entity that was targeted leads me to suspect it had nothing to do with "tax day" or "patriot day" and was due to foreign terrorists, but that's by no means certain.
The fact that it was civilians rather than any gov't entity that was targeted leads me to suspect it had nothing to do with "tax day" or "patriot day" and was due to foreign terrorists, but that's by no means certain.

That�s what my gut tells me, but who knows?
Originally Posted by BLG
I really hope I am wrong about my opinion, but here it is. I think this was domestic. Tax day and Patriot day. If this does legitimately turn out to be domestic terrorism, and it turns out to be some far right fringe tax hater, we will be surely [bleep]. I really hope I am wrong, but.....

A very valid point and unfortunatley there is precedent. The other side of the coin would be domestic, home-grown muslim terrorists.

I have the inkling that whoever did it wasn't sent here from overseas. Beyond that I have no idea.

those "little" devices succeeded in mobilizing security procedures in cities far removed from the event and has every marathon committee rethinking the security at their event.

Not to mention tying up the site of the explosions for weeks as the crime scene is processed. Total disruption of daily life in downtown Boston for many days.

ROI was very high for the builder.
I was talking with my wife last night, and I mentioned that it will be a person who came to this country when they were young... Then his parents will say (insert name of terrorist) was good boy, we didnt know he was running with (insert group name)
Obama is going to try furiously to make it not a arab terrorist attack.

The public will outrage when they realize that Obama and Moochelle have been partying in the White House, and meanwhile, the terrorist are back to killing americans.

The bomb did exactly what it was designed to do. To take off limbs. I really really hope that this doesn't became common here in the states.
I really really hope that this doesn't became common here in the states.

Notwithstanding an isolated domestic origin, many countries are dealing with this stuff all of the time.

Were so busy trying to turn the world into a warm and fuzzy hug fest, and disarming our own people, why would it be any surprise that this is still a way of life for many folks to deal with?
Obama is going to try furiously to make it not a arab terrorist attack.

The public will outrage when they realize that Obama and Moochelle have been partying in the White House, and meanwhile, the terrorist are back to killing americans.

The bomb did exactly what it was designed to do. To take off limbs. I really really hope that this doesn't became common here in the states.

His "don't jump to conclusions" line made me sick, nothing more than code for don't blame the Muslims.

He is such an embarrassment.
AP alert on my phone saying that bombs were made from pressure cookers and ball bearings.
While 0 and Moochelle party with Jay Z and Beyonce, and going on vacations... Americans are dying. Here and abroad.

What a failure we have in the White House. This has to be the most selfish administration I've ever seen.

It's like they are now addicts of the lifestyle. They will lie twist all truth to keep it.
Originally Posted by RWE
I really really hope that this doesn't became common here in the states.

Notwithstanding an isolated domestic origin, many countries are dealing with this stuff all of the time.

Were so busy trying to turn the world into a warm and fuzzy hug fest, and disarming our own people, why would it be any surprise that this is still a way of life for many folks to deal with?

My wife and I were just talking about how "easy" it would be for people to be doing this on a regular basis. I have faith in my American brothers that if it does, we won't be calling 9-11 to take care of things, if you know what I mean. It'll be open season on young ragheads.
While 0 and Moochelle party with Jay Z and Beyonce, and going on vacations... Americans are dying. Here and abroad.

What a failure we have in the White House. This has to be the most selfish administration I've ever seen.

It's like they are now addicts of the lifestyle. They will lie twist all truth to keep it.

Stupid people gave it to them

now we all pay

Snake
AP alert on my phone saying that bombs were made from pressure cookers and ball bearings.

Nobody needs 21 quarts to cook a deeeeah!

[Linked Image]
Three people dead.
What difference does it make how/why they died??
Originally Posted by Raeford
Three people dead.
What difference does it make how/why they died??

Like hillary says, what does it matter.
His "don't jump to conclusions" line made me sick, nothing more than code for don't blame the Muslims.

So what would some other President say? Following 9/11 there was a rash of random violence perpetrated on Muslims living in the US; as if they had anything to do with it.

So you want to jump to conclusions? So if you were president, what would you do? Just start attacking people? Fire up the concentration camps?
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

So what would some other President say? Following 9/11 there was a rash of random violence perpetrated on Muslims living in the US; as if they had anything to do with it.

So you want to jump to conclusions? So if you were president, what would you do? Just start attacking people? Fire up the concentration camps?

You mean like when he din't jump to conclusions after the incident with that uppity professor at Harvard and the police, or the Treyvon Martin incident? Or how about the "it was a video that was responsible for Benghazi". You mean like that? GMAFB
Maybe if �bama hadn't proven a history of sugar coating Islamic extremism such as Benghazi and the Fort Hood Workplace violence, people wouldn't be so touchy?
I wouldn't have mentioned jumping to conclusions, I would have changed my speech up a little from the Benghazi one, and I would have focused on the victims and had the balls to call it terrorism, which it is, regardless of who did it. Then who knows I might have went golfing.
You mean like when he din't jump to conclusions after the incident with that uppity professor at Harvard and the police, or the Treyvon Martin incident? Or how about the "it was a video that was responsible for Benghazi". You mean like that? GMAFB
That was then, this is now. If he jumped to conclusions in the past, he was 110% WRONG. And hey, I get that the guy is a tool; I live in the US too, and I have to live with it just as much as you do.

All I�m saying is, not jumping to conclusions is the right thing to say and do. I don�t give a crap about the politics behind one incident or another; just the issue at hand.
maybe he should tell that to his paid media outlet over at CNN who has been blaming right wing extremist.

I forgot who pays CNN for the favorable content they report?
Politics? the sooner you realize EVERY opportunity to beat this guy down should be seized upon, maybe the soooner all these spineless "moderates" will wise up. Did you say that on the myriad threads I mentioned, jumping to conclusions?

Ive not seen that, but a pressure cooker is as likely as anything and also gives a device that can be crudely aimed if placed on its side..

I read somewhere else that the cops are saying the street was swept for IED's at some point not long before the event so it looks like the devices were placed "last minute"..

I bet they weren't even cell phone activated, probably just a crude clockwork timer..
Politics? the sooner you realize EVERY opportunity to beat this guy down should be seized upon, maybe the soooner all these spineless "moderates" will wise up. Did you say that on the myriad threads I mentioned, jumping to conclusions?

Well I don�t recall anyone bringing up the issue of jumping to conclusions on those other threads, we were talking about other things. The comments I made on the day of the Trayvon Martin shooting is the same comment I would make today, which was something to the effect of: �It wasn�t very smart of him to follow Martin, that isn�t going to look good in court�. On the subject of Beghazi, again I don�t recall anyone talking about Obama jumping to conclusions the day of. Many days later, yes. By that time, I wasn�t really part of the discussion.

So let me see if I got this straight; you disagree with the notion of not jumping to conclusions?
I was talking about the president (note lower case) jumping to conclusions on those two previous ocassions and not being called out and believe me he knows more than what's being broadcast. Oh yeah I forgot about Ft Hood. What has it been two years and he's still "not jumping to conclusions"... Bottom line is he (they) already have a good picture and still THEY are jumping to conclusions about the right wing.
Originally Posted by mathman
Nobody needs 21 quarts to cook a deeeeah!
[Linked Image]

How about a sweet, innocent, harmless, leaf eatin ,doe eyed, little deeeeeeah?
Now i ax ya...
Kevin if you insist asking the question in the most simple form possible the answer you will get is that nobody should jump to conclusions about anything.

I am not pro jumping to conclusions, if that is a thing. I am however anti hypocrisy, and anti ignoring evidence, this president has a history of doing those things, and only doing those things when it serves his agenda.

His speech yesterday taken by itself might lead one to the conclusion that you have made, but the evidence taken in totality leads one to a different perspective, and his speech yesterday would be very clear as to what he was trying to accomplish.

If you don't see it that way I understand, but also please understand that I have become very cynical when it comes to our president and rightfully so IMO.
I tend to see it as an attempt to dissuade random violence against Muslims in the US; that�s just how I see it. Obama�s not my buddy, but I don�t automatically go jumping on anything and everything he does. The response (THIS TIME) thus far seems to be appropriate; whether that continues remains to be seen.
Call me clairvoyant, but I don't see him knocking this one out of the park. wink
Call me clairvoyant, but I don't see him knocking this one out of the park. wink
Well, yeah; there does seem to be a trend there now doesn't there?
At least he is consistent so we know what to expect.
Registry on nails and ball bearings next??
At least he is consistent so we know what to expect.

Consistent, you say?

I didn't see him wipe away any fake tears yesterday or today like he did after Sandy Hook.
© 24hourcampfire