Home
Posted By: wabigoon Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
The US Army, and my mother taught me to take off my cap, or hat indoors.

I see men wearing caps in eating places all the time, church even!

Rant over.
Posted By: RWE Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Rant over?

A two sentence rant?

Bro, we need to work on your ranting skills a little.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Same here. Hats off inside and especially at the table.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
A result of piss poor parenting.
Posted By: tzone Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Inside - sometimes
Table - always
Church- always
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
And if you REALLY want to irritate me, wear a ball cap backwards and with your sunglasses on top.
Posted By: hunt1415 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Sad!!

As a senior advisor in a high school, I asked the students to ask their fathers to take off the hat during graduation. The administration told me, "Do not mention proper attire." We used to teach in school. Now we just let them be like the parents.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I wear my cap indoors so I don't forget it when I leave the restaurant. smile
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I wear a cap all the time.....except at the table! I don't like being responsible for my head blinding people in public when the sun is shining!!
Posted By: persiandog Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
this is what you should do :

[video:youtube]Hqp1bGuiHHs[/video]

P.
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
When I was a scoutmaster I was appalled at how many of the kids didn't know when to take their hats off, and which direction the brim should be pointing. They learned real quick when they landed in my troop.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I wear my cap indoors so I don't forget it when I leave the restaurant. smile
..........Me too!
Posted By: kingston Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
The anti-hat rack lobby is to blame.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
And if you REALLY want to irritate me, wear a ball cap backwards and with your sunglasses on top.

Yea, that and hats without cup holders.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by kingston

More truth than fiction here. When is the last time you went in a restaurant and saw a hat rack, or any other place to put your hat? When I was growing up in Wyoming, if you were sitting at a table with your hat on, someone would take it off for you. eek Height of bad manners and crudity. I see guys doing it all the time now, even in real nice places, still bothers me. Yet, there is usually no place to put the dang thing.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Lord forbid not wearing suits too.....LOL
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by tzone
Inside - sometimes
Table - always
Church- always

Figures
Posted By: Redneck Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Rant over.
It depends on the part of the country.. In these parts, men almost never remove hats for any reason...
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Parents. Absent.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
If you wamt me to take off my hat indoors, the boots come off too. Your call.
whistle
Posted By: Raeford Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Parents. Absent.

Boolspit, I always take mine off at mommas table, otherwise I wear it, everywhere.
Once I had to have a couple of sun nodes cut off the crown of my noggin I pretty much decided to go with hat without exception beyond sleeping.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

I got out of the Army a long time ago. miles
Posted By: byc Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Always felt my Dad's approach was the best. Especially, with all his grandson's.

He would simply say,"why don't you rest your hat and stay for awhile. Nanny's (my Mother) been wanting to see you."

Never failed.

Besides I am of the mind that it's their house so their rules. Just a show of respect.
My 83YO 5' tall ma just smacks me upside the head if I sit at the table with it on eek
Posted By: byc Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by Raeford
My 83YO 5' tall ma just smacks me upside the head if I sit at the table with it on eek

HA! That's what he did with us. But not with the grand kids. Oh no!! Then Nanny would be hitting PaPa!! wink

BTW and OT but the new Jefferson's came in. Going to pick mine up today!! grin
Yep, she's never done that to my son.

Mine shows to arrive tomorrow.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by rost495
Lord forbid not wearing suits too.....LOL

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K_P7yWnAAd0

P
Seriously...in your house, my hat comes off if I sit down. If i forget, remind me and I'll cheerfully comply. In public, forget it because it's none of your business. The whole thing is just a silly convention anymore, and I am not one to toss convention aside thoughtlessly. I would imagine it was at one time something you did out of consideration for others because hats tend to get pretty gamey smelling after a couple of years living and working outdoors. I don't think folks washed their hats like they did shirts and trousers.

I've seen fights start over hats, and it's usually because one fellow thinks he's going to remove someone else's. Where I come from, you don't touch another man's hat or his groin. Same difference.

Posted By: djs Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Same here. Hats off inside and especially at the table.

This is what I was taught as well.

Exception can be made in a golf pro shop or similar situation.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I have yet to find one grown man that can explain to me WHY we should remove our hat inside. They all say they were taught that rule by the military or parents or extended family.

But, to this day no one has ever been able to tell me WHY. After 50 years I'm still waiting.

I don't observe the rule though I come from a very disciplinary patriarch. Ball caps I wouldn't mind removing if it offended someone. But, I draw the line when I'm wearing my Stetson, national anthem & prayers excepted.
Posted By: Waders Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
You all should see how many guys think wearing a hat in a courtroom is perfectly acceptable.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Mine comes off for the National Anthem, the Flag, usually meals, and to sleep.
Posted By: RWE Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by ironbender

What about sex?
You need a chinstrap so it don't come off.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
If I remember correctly, in the Army if you were armed, you did not remove your cover. So, since I carry concealed that would be an advertisement of the fact, if I observed the rules Y'all seem concerned with. miles
Posted By: joken2 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

When I was young a lot of things were done differently than nowadays.

Eating at restaurants was a big deal, not an everyday thing for most families, and certainly not a way of life as it seems to be nowadays for many.

Back then most men wore brimmed hats and dressed in their 'Sunday Best' when they went out just about anyplace except when doing physical work.

Women wore dresses, usually with hats or scarves too when they went out and always wore dresses at church.

Even in rural areas on going to town Saturdays men would wear their best bibs or work khakis with a dress shirt, sport coat, and a hat of some kind.

Women sitting on bar stools whether in restaurants, soda fountains, or taverns was considered trashy and unladylike and even illegal and a fine-able offense in some areas of the country.

Posted By: Steelhead Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I only wear a hat hunting, mostly because I still have very thick hair.

Can't stand a man wearing a hat at the table, just as I can't stand said hat being placed on the table.

I personally think grown men wearing ball caps for general wear to be pretty stupid.
Posted By: Dantheman Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I'll keep the hat on in a foyer of a building but anything past that it comes off.

Dan
Posted By: mathman Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I just corrected my 6 year old 2 days ago about not wearing his hat inside. I think manners are important and I see a total lack of them from too many people and kids these days. I am not a bastion of manner knowledge, but I do what I think is correct and what I was taught as a kid.

A few years ago I told an adult to take his hat off at our dinner table. He got a little affronted by it, but my kids were there and my wife so he did take it off. I know his mother who was adamant about hats off at the dinner table so I don't know what changed him.

I should point out I am referring to someones house not a place of business, but I do take my hat off while eating at a restaurant mostly.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by RWE

What about sex?

Minister was asked to speak to the young marrieds about sex. He was rather uncomfortable with the whole idea and when he told his wife that he would be visiting with the young marrieds, he said that the topic would be sailing. A few days after the meeting, one of the young wives happened upon the minister's wife in the grocery store. She remarked that the minister had certainly done a good job speaking to the group. Somewhat puzzled, the minister's wife replied, "Well, that's suprising to me. He's only done it twice; the first time he got sick to his stomach, and the second time his hat blew off."
Many social conventions are tied to certain locales and are even specific to certain families. We never wore shoes or boots in the house, but did not expect the same of guests.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I remember when cowboy hats were put on hat racks when entering a business. More particularly restaurants and cafes.

Everyone had a card that slipped inside the interior hatband.

Those tags read: "Like Hell It's Yours! Put it Back! This Hat Belongs to: ___________ "

grin
Posted By: hanco Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I've seen dumasses at a funeral with hat on. Dumass!
Back in the 'fifties, all of the men at church had what was basically the same grayish hat, worn only to church, where the hats were placed on a shelf in the entry. It was probably 50/50 that Dad would leave church with the same hat he had when he arrived, even though most of them had the owner's name on the inside band. This was never an issue, as sooner or later, they would find their way back to the correct people. The same held true for zipper overshoes in the winter.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

I love your Ma grin
Me too. wink
Originally Posted by hanco

Agree 110%. That is just WRONG.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I think manners are important

Similarly as to the "Why" question.

As said above. I agree completely. Hats off indoors, yes sir, and no mam are deal makers/breakers if two people with identical credentials are applying for a job.

Students and attending parents will not be covered indoors during our Hunter Ed classes.

That A&M shot is classic.

A local mom with 7 boys took care of the backwards deal. She simply unstitched and removed the bill, and restitched the cap. Boys were fine with that.
Preacher stopped service, dumass was late, told him to have respect for his self and the dead person. The dumass got so red. Was cool!!!
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Removing your hat indoors is not a convention. It is common courtesy. I also remove it when talking to a lady. The same thing of removing your sun glasses when talking to some one. It's common courtesy,which most have never learned.

As for not ever hearing a reason,except it was taught.Tell me how else you learned good manners. Evidently some never did.
It is seldom that I venture outside without a brimmed hat on.Hunting season,I more or less have to because of not finding a hat with a brim in blaze orange or needing ear covering
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I remember when cowboy hats were put on hat racks when entering a business. More particularly restaurants and cafes.

Everyone had a card that slipped inside the interior hatband.

Those tags read: "Like Hell It's Yours! Put it Back! This Hat Belongs to: ___________ "

grin

Yep,I have one on my hats
In reality it's an old tradition of respect, whether in the house of God or being a guest in someone's home. Traditions of civility have taken a backseat in today's world, many of the younger generation don't believe in the same values and traditions of the past...many aren't people of faith, and that's their right.

Even holidays are a celebration of what ?, most forgetting that the purpose was a religious one..no-believers still demand their day off work and pile of gifts. Easter is for jelly beans and Rabbits, Christmas is for gifts and food...and going to Mass is out of the question for them.

Doors aren't held open for women, rarely please & thank you's, swear like sailors in a restaurant...much to be learned from the "good ole' days".
Try as I might, I cannot come up with a reason to be offended when someone wears a hat inside my house...except that I might have been taught to be offended. I might just as soon be offended by red tee shirts.

No one had to teach me to be offended by farting at the dinner table.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Agree 110%. That is just WRONG.

How about bandanas and leather vests with club names/logos on the back?
Ahhh, yes. In church. I'll buy that one. But I won't buy the idea that you're going to demand the same level of respect out of me that I reserve for God. In fact, I find that idea downright offensive.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

Rant over.

I wear a ball cap inside all the time, but I'd never wear a hat in church unless I had been invited to a synagogue and was wearing a yarmulke/kippah out of respect to the Jewish religion.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Seriously...in your house, my hat comes off if I sit down. If i forget, remind me and I'll cheerfully comply. In public, forget it because it's none of your business. The whole thing is just a silly convention anymore, and I am not one to toss convention aside thoughtlessly. I would imagine it was at one time something you did out of consideration for others because hats tend to get pretty gamey smelling after a couple of years living and working outdoors. I don't think folks washed their hats like they did shirts and trousers.

I've seen fights start over hats, and it's usually because one fellow thinks he's going to remove someone else's. Where I come from, you don't touch another man's hat or his groin. Same difference.

a long time ago in another life, a recent arrival working in the same store as my wife, thought it funny to knock my five beaver stetson off. As i was half way over the sales counter to strangle him, my wife grabbed me saying he didn't know any better. One of two good ways to get in a fight, knock a man's stetson off, or scuff his boots.
I seem to remember years ago, at a dinner table those hats came off in respect, not so much in public places.
Where i get fried is ball caps with the brim reversed. I wack the grandsons on the back of the head for that. And see them reversing them to the correct way when they see me coming. I keep telling them they are not black people from the ghetto.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
In reality it's an old tradition of respect, whether in the house of God or being a guest in someone's home. Traditions of civility have taken a backseat in today's world, many of the younger generation don't believe in the same values and traditions of the past...many aren't people of faith, and that's their right.

Even holidays are a celebration of what ?, most forgetting that the purpose was a religious one..no-believers still demand their day off work and pile of gifts. Easter is for jelly beans and Rabbits, Christmas is for gifts and food...and going to Mass is out of the question for them.

Doors aren't held open for women, rarely please & thank you's, swear like sailors in a restaurant...much to be learned from the "good ole' days".

I can relate to what you're saying here, and I can say I'd voluntarily doff my cover when being received into your home for the first time. Kind of a formality thing as I see it, but once I get to know someone well, formality goes out the window...neither rendered nor expected. But, there are and always be boundaries. They may change over time, but they're there nontheless.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
how many of you were taught respect for these things by a father, like mine, that would wack you up the back of the head for transgressing?
I learned pretty quick to stay out of range.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
If you wamt me to take off my hat indoors, the boots come off too. Your call.
whistle

I tend to agree, assuming I even have boots on as I go barefoot quite often. eek

I wear a hat most of the day, started when I was young. My own mother said when I was about 12 that if she didn't know better she'd think I was a Hassidic Jew. I generally am never seen in a public place without a hat. I will take my hat off when asked in certain circumstances, like at the table in my friends' house where I am presently staying. Otherwise, I have a hat on. Even in my own house a good part of the day. I have on occasion even fallen asleep with my hat on.

IN looking for the origins of this "convention" I found this:

https://www.levinehat.com/pages/hat-etiquette

Seems according to some sources the tradition was because hats were outerwear and got dirty so take them off. Probably similar to taking off one's shoes in certain houses (and cultures).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/11/AR2011021103545.html

Lots of other "rules" about hats, like not showing the inside to others when you take it off, etc:

http://www.traditioninaction.org/Cultural/A045cpCivility_Hats.htm

But I'm not a big follower of some conventions, I haven't worn a tie in years, don't even know where the one tie (a bolo tie) I own is. Why give anyone a head start on a hangin'

When I do take a hat off, I never put it on a bed!!!!

y'all can keep your hats on around me. I'm not fussy.

Geno
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
how many of you were taught respect for these things by a father, like mine, that would wack you up the back of the head for transgressing?
I learned pretty quick to stay out of range.

Ron, hope all is well there in phx.

I was taught a lot of stuff by my father with the method you described .................. some of which made sense, some....... not so much!

Like the time I got whacked for pushing a shovel into the dirt with the wrong foot.

Geno

I can relate to what you're saying here, and I can say I'd voluntarily doff my cover when being received into your home for the first time. Kind of a formality thing as I see it, but once I get to know someone well, formality goes out the window...neither rendered nor expected. But, there are and always be boundaries. They may change over time, but they're there nontheless.

I wasn't passing judgement on whether the traditions are observed, instead that's why the traditions are longer practiced. Many children today are raised by daycare employees, when I was a child my Mother put a whooping on me herself...and taught me the "rules of life" whether I liked it or not, she never waited for "Dad to get home from work" to be the enforcer. Just table manners alone, would disqualify most of today's youth from eating at my mother's table smile
Gotcha, I think you're right. It's a shame what has happened to society, and I'd gladly take back the silliest social conventions to get the important ones reinstated.
Posted By: mathman Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

I wasn't passing judgement on whether the traditions are observed, instead that's why the traditions are longer practiced. Many children today are raised by daycare employees, when I was a child my Mother put a whooping on me herself...and taught me the "rules of life" whether I liked it or not, she never waited for "Dad to get home from work" to be the enforcer. Just table manners alone, would disqualify most of today's youth from eating at my mother's table smile

Yep. I can still hear the instructions. Sit up straight. Elbows off the table. Hold the fork correctly. Don't saw the meat with the knife. Quit switching hands, the fork stays in the left and the knife in the right.

I knew what finger bowls were before I ever went into a fancy restaurant. Mom was old school when I was little. grin
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by jnyork

More truth than fiction here. When is the last time you went in a restaurant and saw a hat rack, or any other place to put your hat? When I was growing up in Wyoming, if you were sitting at a table with your hat on, someone would take it off for you. eek Height of bad manners and crudity. I see guys doing it all the time now, even in real nice places, still bothers me. Yet, there is usually no place to put the dang thing.

Sit on it!
Posted By: Dixie_Dude Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Hats off indoors is a Christian custom. The Bible says a man's head should not be covered when coming before the Lord in prayer or to minister. Thus not wearing a hat indoors. It became a custom or to enter another Chirstians home.

The Bible also says a woman's head should be covered when in prayer or ministering before the Lord, thus hats and head coverings for women. It also says a woman should dress modestly. Muslims took it to the extreme. Didn't really say how other than a few guidelines.

Our pastor said the best way to dress is can someone looking at you especially from the rear tell if you are a man or woman. Women shouldn't dress like a butch and cut their hair too short, men not to wear effeminate clothing and have long hair. Nuff said.
Originally Posted by mathman

Yep. I can still hear the instructions. Sit up straight. Elbows off the table. Hold the fork correctly. Don't saw the meat with the knife. Quit switching hands, the fork stays in the left and the knife in the right.

I knew what finger bowls were before I ever went into a fancy restaurant. Mom was old school when I was little. grin

You'd be welcomed at my mothers table for a meal, you get it smile

BTW: If you travel much, you'll soon learn that most hold their utensils in the opposite hands than we do...and they immediately know "who" you are, and where you're from.
My poor mama couldn't get past "eat your spinach" until I was 13, and then I kept her busy with "leave some for everyone else!" until I left the house when I was 18.
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Hats off indoors is a Christian custom. The Bible says a man's head should not be covered when coming before the Lord in prayer or to minister. Thus not wearing a hat indoors. It became a custom or to enter another Chirstians home.

I do pull the hat every night when saying grace over food. But it goes right back on after.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
My boys know how to wear a hat and when not to wear it. I don't care if I'm going inside Walmart, I take my hat off. I also open doors for females (if I can recognize them as such.) My boys also know enough not to start gobbling their food until everyone is seated, grace has been said and the lady of the house starts to eat.
Posted By: boatboy Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Tag
Hank
Posted By: kennyd Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I always thought it started with the Bible's man praying should have his head uncovered. The flip of that is how many women wear hats to church? Not the hijab thing, just a decent "dressed up" hat. Even gloves.

It is true that we baldies need our hats, and dthere is no place to put it, I sometimes put it under the chair in restaurants. I ran across a reference once that said regular hats off; cowboy hats stay on. I absolutely remove my hat for prayers, funerals (even a passing procession), and such as a sign of respect.

BTW; Did you know if you wear a baseball cap backwards it will keep the sun out of your eyes?
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
"Mess with the bull & you get the horns"

Mess with my cowboy hat when it's on my head & you'd wished you'd have messed with the bull.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I have never given a flying fugk if a person is wearing a hat or not.

Dave
Posted By: Marshgrass Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
In a place where you head does not need protection from either sun or rain, the hat should come off.

Wearing a hat for any other reason is nothing more than a fashion statement. If you are so obsessed with making a fashion statement that you chose to defy common courtesy, you are most likely not someone I would want to spend a great deal of time around.

When either of my sons got in my truck with their hat on, it was always the same question "Are you expecting to rain in here? If not, please take your hat off."
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
There are lots of old useless traditions that are no longer observed. Many started for practical reasons, but once those reasons were no longer needed the tradition dies. There was a time when men and women sat on opposite sides in church. There was a time when not wearing an undershirt under your regular shirt was not allowed.

And I don't always wear a ball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes. The right type will keep my head warm regardless of the direction it is worn. And backwards is less likely to get knocked off when moving through brush or riding an ATV.

That said, I won't wear my hat or cap in church, during a funeral, prayer or during the National Anthem. But otherwise indoors is fine. I'm not going to walk around in the grocery store, mall or sporting goods store holding my hat/cap in my hands.
Originally Posted by Marshgrass
In a place where you head does not need protection from either sun or rain, the hat should come off.

Wearing a hat for any other reason is nothing more than a fashion statement. If you are so obsessed with making a fashion statement that you chose to defy common courtesy, you are most likely not someone I would want to spend a great deal of time around.

When either of my sons got in my truck with their hat on, it was always the same question "Are you expecting to rain in here? If not, please take your hat off."

What kind of fughin' moron expects a person to walk around Cabelas carrying his hat?

You extend that schit to cowboy hats around here and you'll get your ass stomped.

Dave
Posted By: agazain Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Just think Jewish and wear your hat / cap as a show of reverence to G_d. As an Aggie I know about doffing for war memorials, uncovering for prayer and the national anthem, etc. Not worried if social norms vary. Do you doff for everyone you say "Hello" to? Action to fit the circumstance -- can't believe I actually posted on this topic...
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Sometimes hat on inside the house if just in for a minute, but never at the table, doesn't matter if it's at home or out in public.

Ed
Posted By: 700LH Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Life's to short to worry about such trivial things.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
When walking on a sidewalk with the wife, I'm always on the traffic side too.

There are just lots of things I think men should do. I still don't understand men wearing ball caps as their normal, go out attire.

I bet some of you don't even take the dishes out of the sink before you piss.

Why does this not apply to footwear and clothing?
Originally Posted by RWE

What about sex?

No thanks. I'm straight.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I wear baseball caps- mostly in the summer and they're normally worn as a sweatband during things like hiking or working outside. I also wear them on sunny days to help block sun from above the rim of my sunglasses. I'm not the cowboy hat type. And unless you're in a Cabela's around here you'd be hard pressed to find a cowboy hat on someone's head.

I do wear my bright red MAGA hat more and more. Fun to see who smiles and who gets pissed. That one I wear for the sake of reactions.

ETA: As to indoors/outdoors- it comes off to eat. Period. but may not come off in a restaurant until I sit down. It does not necessarily come off indoors. It always comes off to pay respects.

Originally Posted by mathman

[Linked Image]
lol!
Posted By: T LEE Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by cra1948
My boys know how to wear a hat and when not to wear it. I don't care if I'm going inside Walmart, I take my hat off. I also open doors for females (if I can recognize them as such.) My boys also know enough not to start gobbling their food until everyone is seated, grace has been said and the lady of the house starts to eat.

You and I are from the same world Sir.
Originally Posted by deflave

What kind of fughin' moron expects a person to walk around Cabelas carrying his hat?

You extend that schit to cowboy hats around here and you'll get your ass stomped.

Dave

MPB rearing its ugly head again.

Bald is beautiful!
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Ditto.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

Dave

laugh laugh
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
The traffic side would also be the side the chamber pot contents would land when they were emptied out the window.
That was why the man walked on that side, I was told.
NOW, that would be a good time to have the head covered.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Never in someone else's home.

Damn sure never as a kid at the table, and only occasionally now if dining with a bunch of buds at a camp or some such.

Sometimes indoors at a big meeting hall, gymnasium or similar.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
vfw is about the only place i take my hat off. but then again i rarely wear a hat anyway.
Posted By: westside_benny Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I'm not gonna knock anybodies hat off (outside my house), except my kids...outside of McDonald's maybe.

Grew up that way (take hat off indoors, especially if eating out). Good reason, I don't know. Probably not. We would at least put on a button up shirt and clean pants as well.

Lot's has changed. Has it been for the better? I don't think so. Still think anyone who wears a hat at the table is a bit of a low-life. Good reason? Maybe, maybe not. But will say abandonment of all the 'stupid' values of our past is often not as good a deal as cracked up to be.

In other words, take off ya damn hat at the table.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
if someone asks you to remove your hat at
their residence, common courtesy would dictate
that you do so.

a related aside - don't wear spurs in the store.
contractors don't wear their tool belts, and
doctors don't wear surgical masks and stethoscopes
etc.
anyway, if you have a horse that you need to use
spurs with it wasn't trained properly or needs to
be taken to the packing house.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by JMR40
There are lots of old useless traditions that are no longer observed. Many started for practical reasons, but once those reasons were no longer needed the tradition dies. There was a time when men and women sat on opposite sides in church. There was a time when not wearing an undershirt under your regular shirt was not allowed.

And I don't always wear a ball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes. The right type will keep my head warm regardless of the direction it is worn. And backwards is less likely to get knocked off when moving through brush or riding an ATV.

That said, I won't wear my hat or cap in church, during a funeral, prayer or during the National Anthem. But otherwise indoors is fine. I'm not going to walk around in the grocery store, mall or sporting goods store holding my hat/cap in my hands.

Yeah, pretty much this. I learned long ago that there is a difference between doing the right thing and just doing stuff this way because we always have. If it's an empty tradition then the hell with it. If it means something or honors someone or something I follow with the locals.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Middle school orientation, the principal told the kids "if you have your pack and your hands full, wear the hat to your locker, then leave it there". I was impressed, as a kid I remember teachers standing screaming at the kid's to take their hats off. In their most condescending voice. It seems we have reached a sensible compromise, manners vs common sense. I love wearing a ball cap into the school for functions, they can't screw with me now. wink

I physically can't wear a hat at the table. If I forget I feel guilty as heck when I notice and move it to my knee, or set it on my wife's purse, she won't let me forget it.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
It would seem that there are a lot of rules that I should be concerned about for which I have little regard. Those that would remove the hats of others have probably not actually done that..... twice.

mike r

There are just lots of things I think men should do. I still don't understand men wearing ball caps as their normal, go out attire.

Post of the day!!

LMAO!!
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
In today's world, this would be last on my list of concerns.

I wear a ball cap to keep my bald ass head from getting roasted by the sun or to prevent heat escaping in the cold.

When I walk into North 40 to grab something I need, rest assured I'm not carrying my fugking hat around.

When I go to church, I dress appropriately and that will never include blue jeans or a ball cap. Ever.

If it's Easter I wear a suit so people know I have some godbdamn reverence for my Lord Jesus Christ. Same for funerals.

If I sit down at Chili's, I'll more than likely not remove my hat. If we're eating at a Mortons, there is a good chance I'm not wearing anything that would mesh with a ball cap.

Cowboys tend to have all sorts of different criteria for when they can, and can't wear their hat. None of which I'll ever understand. Nor do I give a fugk.

Few men recognize the outside/inside aspect of walking with kids or a woman. They should be shot.

I think we may need to bump the etiquette thread...

Clark

Originally Posted by lvmiker
It would seem that there are a lot of rules that I should be concerned about for which I have little regard. Those that would remove the hats of others have probably not actually done that..... twice.

mike r

TFF
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by kennyd
I always thought it started with the Bible's man praying should have his head uncovered. The flip of that is how many women wear hats to church? Not the hijab thing, just a decent "dressed up" hat. Even gloves.

It is true that we baldies need our hats, and dthere is no place to put it, I sometimes put it under the chair in restaurants. I ran across a reference once that said regular hats off; cowboy hats stay on. I absolutely remove my hat for prayers, funerals (even a passing procession), and such as a sign of respect.

BTW; Did you know if you wear a baseball cap backwards it will keep the sun out of your eyes?

A woman's head is to be covered. According to this Bible I borrowed once it said a woman's head is the husband. It said the man's head is the Lord.

And im not kidding either. whistle
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
My cap is part of my every day attire
Posted By: EdM Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I started wearing a hat, rimmed 360, five or so years ago to keep the sun off of my thinning scalp and curing snout and neck. I detest wearing it but do. When there is no sun, I don't. Even if only a cloud.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I have never given a flying fugk if a person is wearing a hat or not.

Dave

Ditto

Working outside I've worn a hat for 40+ years. I put it on when I leave the house and take it off when I return.
I was taught to never wear a hat at the table or set one on a table so I don't.....
Other than that....I don't even think about it and I dam sure don't care what anyone else does.
Posted By: GonHuntin Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

If it's Easter I wear a suit so people know I have some godbdamn reverence for my Lord Jesus Christ.

You wear a suit on Easter to show reverence but don't hesitate to take God's name in vain......yep, that makes perfect sense......

Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

I wear a ball cap to keep my bald ass head from getting roasted by the sun or to prevent heat escaping in the cold.

When I walk into North 40 to grab something I need, rest assured I'm not carrying my fugking hat around.

When I go to church, I dress appropriately and that will never include blue jeans or a ball cap. Ever.

If it's Easter I wear a suit so people know I have some godbdamn reverence for my Lord Jesus Christ. Same for funerals.

If I sit down at Chili's, I'll more than likely not remove my hat. If we're eating at a Mortons, there is a good chance I'm not wearing anything that would mesh with a ball cap.

Cowboys tend to have all sorts of different criteria for when they can, and can't wear their hat. None of which I'll ever understand. Nor do I give a fugk.

Few men recognize the outside/inside aspect of walking with kids or a woman. They should be shot.

I think we may need to bump the etiquette thread...

Clark

Pretty spot on. Not sure why you would want to eat at an Iodized Salt company, but other than that....okay.

I take my hat off when I am someplace where I should.....but you had better be a lot bigger than me if you are going to "remind" me to take it off.

Resistol or ball cap makes no difference.
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

If it's Easter I wear a suit so people know I have some godbdamn reverence for my Lord Jesus Christ.

You wear a suit on Easter to show reverence but don't hesitate to take God's name in vain......yep, that makes perfect sense......

I thought that was funny as hell. Oh, wait.......funny as heck?
Posted By: Starman Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

Good.

btw: your Ma and grandMa are allowed to hit you even if you do nothing wrong,
and even then its still your fault.. grin

depends,
Coffin bearers wearing hats is a sign of respect as is general funeral staff
outside the church with hats.

They must come off for the service at the grave and lowering of the coffin,
the exception being the hats of women of the family of the deceased.

In the case of burying a special forces trooper, his units coffin bearers could wear their berets
or they should be in view and properly stored under their epaulette.
And that Bible i read once said taking the Lords name in vain was claiming to be a believer (christian) when one didnt, as for personal gain.

Im happy to hear Travis goes to church, long as its for more than weddings and funerals. wink

I allas knew there was a smidgen of redeeming social value in him-somewhere. wink
Posted By: Lonny Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I've honestly never given hats on indoors much thought and it doesn't bother me either way. Some people wear hats all the time and something looks out of place when they don't have one on.

What I think brands a person a dipchit when wearing a hat is the backwards, sideways, flat-brim stuff.
Originally Posted by Starman

Good.

btw: your Ma and grandMa are allowed to hit you even if you do nothing wrong,
and even then its still your fault.. grin

That would be one of them silly rules you DO just follow. Or ELSE.
smile
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
The only place I don't wear my hat is in bed. Don't like it? Too f*ckin bad. I don't give a shyt what you like or care what you think. If you judge a man by when and where he wears his hat, you're one dumb worthless SOB.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

Some silly schitt gets passed down to the next generation.

Should I take off omy jacket in a store and carry it over my arm also?

What if my head is still cold while indoors? What if my truck is still warming up and the heater hasn't warmed the cab. Does it have to be raining in the cab?

What if my hat is plain, and not advertising anything...........is it still "just for fashion?"

Could I wear really plain clothes for Fashion Offset Credits so I can keep my hat on?

Carrying a hat in your hand or shopping cart when it rides perfectly well and out of the way on your head is stupid. Taking it off for the National Anthem, meals, or in church is long standing accepted etiquette. Acting like a hat is evil unless you're standing in a storm is just self-imposed goofiness.

Originally Posted by Blackheart
The only place I don't wear my hat is in bed. Don't like it? Too f*ckin bad. I don't give a shyt what you like or care what you think. If you judge a man by when and where he wears his hat, you're one dumb worthless SOB.

I'm sympathetic to your militancy and resolve...but I wouldn't put it that way to a fellow sipping a cold one across the campfire from me. This is a civilized place, is it not?

The polite way to express your sentiment is to say "GFY."

grin

James 4:11-12

11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Originally Posted by 222Rem

Some silly schitt gets passed down to the next generation.

Should I take off omy jacket in a store and carry it over my arm also?

What if my head is still cold while indoors? What if my truck is still warming up and the heater hasn't warmed the cab. Does it have to be raining in the cab?

What if my hat is plain, and not advertising anything...........is it still "just for fashion?"

Could I wear really plain clothes for Fashion Offset Credits so I can keep my hat on?

Carrying a hat in your hand or shopping cart when it rides perfectly well and out of the way on your head is stupid. Taking it off for the National Anthem, meals, or in church is long standing accepted etiquette. Acting like a hat is evil unless you're standing in a storm is just self-imposed goofiness.

Actually, I don't see why you guys who are so adamant about taking the hat off under certain circumstances don't just burn the sumbitches and be done with it. Otherwise it's like walking around with a parrot on your head that might schidtt on you any time you forget to say the magic words or sumthin.

Ditto on the sidewalk.

If you had thin or missing hair, and didn't live in a warm, humid state, you'd gain understanding.

I always remove the dishes first.
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

...or ever.

Innanet talk.

11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

This doesn't say anything about hats.
Posted By: las Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by RWE

What about sex?

Keeps the sun out of one's eyes. smile
Originally Posted by 222Rem
I always remove the dishes first.

Around here, only for #2.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I'll take my hat off at the table. I could care less if others wear theirs. What chaps my behind is out in a restaurant kids screaming.

Don't parents snatch kids up and take em to the car any more? Or is that a thing of the past?
Around here I'm happy if I don't see someone wearing PJ's to the store...........
http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2009/10/29/public-pajamas-persist-in-shanghai/
I never wear hats. Too hot here. They make my head sweat.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Don't parents snatch kids up and take em to the car any more? Or is that a thing of the past?

Now...THAT is a legitimate "manners" rant.
Posted By: GonHuntin Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

Really??? You consider what I posted slander or "judging"??

You need to rethink your idea of "judging"!

If I look at a can of black paint, and say it is black, is that judging??

Show me where God says it's wrong to say that something is wrong!

1 Timothy 5:20English Standard Version (ESV)

20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

How do you rebuke someone without saying they are wrong??

Since the Bible clearly says that taking God's name in vain (misusing God's name or not holding it in reverence), it is not "judging" to say it is wrong....

Posted By: joken2 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

When you are used to wearing hats of one kind or another most the time, it's pretty common to forget you are even wearing one when entering places where they're not considered appropriate to continue to wear.

Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17

Haha.

Worst two things my mom would say..

"You wanna go to the car" and "wait till your dad gets home"
Originally Posted by joken2

When you are used to wearing hats of one kind or another most the time, it's pretty common to forget you are even wearing one when entering places where they're not considered appropriate to continue to wear.

...not to mention the reason you shouldn't have a hat on your head in that venue. Oh, wait---no one even knows WHY that is!

grin
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I wear a hat all the time indoors if my hair hasn't been cut in a while. I eat with one on all the time too, even at decent restaurants. Never was made to do it growing up.

I absolutely will NOT apologize for it, and holy hell would I come unglued if someone knocked it off my head to make a point.

I'll go out of my way to look decent so I don't have to wear a hat at funerals/weddings, but that's about it. I never attended Sunday church until my drill instructor made me, and I haven't been to a church (other than funerals or weddings) since I graduated recruit training.

Probably should add: I'll take it off at the National Anthem or if invited over to someone's dinner table...depending on how well I know them. I never eat at a table in my own home...more of a couch kind of guy.
I'll take my hat off at the table. I could care less if others wear theirs. What chaps my behind is out in a restaurant kids screaming.

Never got taken to the car as a kid. Got my ass whipped right in front of everybody.....once.
Posted By: SLM Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
This could be one of the dumbest things I've read.

Come into my house you keep your [bleep] feet off the furniture, complement my wife on the meal, smoke outside, be polite, don't cuss in front of the kids, chew with your mouth closed and take your hat off to eat.

Be no problem then.

I could GAS anywhere else.

Well, unless at a restaurant. If you won't eat with your mouth closed I ain't buying you dinner.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
National anthem at the local rodeo.

Take your hat off.

And that's outdoors!

Yep, take it off for the anthem.
Originally Posted by Lonny
I've honestly never given hats on indoors much thought and it doesn't bother me either way. Some people wear hats all the time and something looks out of place when they don't have one on.

What I think brands a person a dipchit when wearing a hat is the backwards, sideways, flat-brim stuff.

or during the National Anthem. smile
Or at a nice dinner/event, whatever.

So, how do you warsh yer haid?
Posted By: Travis13 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
What about rubber hats indoors?
Originally Posted by Travis13
What about rubber hats indoors?

Only in the bedroom, and only if'n you are married.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Come into my house you keep your [bleep] feet off the furniture, complement my wife on the meal, smoke outside, be polite, don't cuss in front of the kids, chew with your mouth closed and take your hat off to eat.

Be no problem then.

I could GAS anywhere else.

Well, unless at a restaurant. If you won't eat with your mouth closed I ain't buying you dinner.

I can abide by all of that, what times dinner ? laugh

Really??? You consider what I posted slander or "judging"??

You need to rethink your idea of "judging"!

If I look at a can of black paint, and say it is black, is that judging??

Show me where God says it's wrong to say that something is wrong!

1 Timothy 5:20English Standard Version (ESV)

20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

How do you rebuke someone without saying they are wrong??

Since the Bible clearly says that taking God's name in vain (misusing God's name or not holding it in reverence), it is not "judging" to say it is wrong....

Good post, but Travis didnt say he wasnt a sinner. Also, is god the Lords name? HE is God, but is that His name?
Good point.

Saying godddamn when something goes wrong sure as hell doesn't mean any disrespect to God or Jesus, much less the Lord....grin

Study the Bible and you might actually learn what taking "the Lord's name in vain" actually means.

You're probably a blue jeans guy.

Dave
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Good point.

Saying godddamn when something goes wrong sure as hell doesn't mean any disrespect to God or Jesus, much less the Lord....grin

Try making paper airplanes out of the bible while sitting in church. You will be called much worse. I never alerted the priest while I was getting cussed out.

I'm thinking simple math would put a pool under your boots that a dog could swim in.

Dave

Add it to the etiquette thread.

Dave
Good point.

Well, I will say Amen to that. But i notice you put 3 ds in that. Dont matter, you still said It.

Gods name is Yowee or such. Our saviors name is Jesus Christ. He is Lord. If i claim to be a Christian and aint, I took His name in vain.
Good point.

Maybe I'll try "Lord fugk."

Less offensive.

Clark
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Sometimes I wear a hat, sometimes I don't.

I wear one more in the summer after using the #1's on the clippers. No more blisters on this noggin.

I often wear them inside if I have one on, but take it off before eating.

And I'm sure as heck not carrying one if I'm walking around inside somewhere.
Good point.

Less offensive.

Clark

Well, I hope He dont fugk you, cause you can GFY.
Good point.

Less offensive.

Clark

Oh my fücking Lord.
Good point.

Less offensive.

Clark

Oh my fücking Lord.

I donnt think He got to do that, well, with a woman at least. That was reserved for marriage. He refrained from marriage with a woman, because He had to remain sin free.

Can anyone be married to a woman and remain sin free?
Posted By: rrroae Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
I'm amused that enough people actually care enough about this topic to argue about it.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by tzone
Inside - sometimes
Table - always
Church- always

Figures

I figure Tzone means his hat is off sometimes, always and always.

Sycamore
Posted By: troutfly Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Hat stays on in stores and when dining out regardless if it's at Micky D's or fancy. Had a really expensive Stetson stolen when I left it on a hat rack in a nice place a few years ago. Most places don't have a rack any more these days, even in rural Alberta.
Comes off for O Canada and God Save The Queen, at church and funerals or entering the Royal Canadian Legion.
As well, I take it off when getting home, visiting another's home and when sitting down to the dinner table. Otherwise I'm usually wearing a hat, I even grab my ball cap at 0200hrs if the dog wants out for a leak.
Touch my hat and I will react!

I'm thinking simple math would put a pool under your boots that a dog could swim in.

Dave

we talkin' Dachshund, or we talkin' Rottweiler?

Does anybody really know for sure?

Sycamore
Originally Posted by Sycamore

we talkin' Dachshund, or we talkin' Rottweiler?

Does anybody really know for sure?

Sycamore

Would you please exhibit some Lord fugking respect and rephrase your question?

Goddabmnnit it's hard to keep people in line these days.

Clark
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Who in the hell started calling a ball cap a "hat"?

Same guy who started calling his little Jap pickup a "truck", I'll bet.
I have seen some pretty big dash hounds.

Could go either way.

They should all be pecker slapped.

Its a pickup. Not a truck.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Who in the hell started calling a ball cap a "hat"?

Same guy who started calling his little Jap pickup a "truck", I'll bet.

I never hear "feed cap" anymore

Sycamore
Posted By: 1minute Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
The one I will absolutely not tolerate in our family is a cell phone coming out at our dinner table.

I find it sad when one sees a party of 5 having dinner, and 4 of them are pecking at screens. Unless one is running $billion hedge fund, nothing is that important.
Yamaka

[Linked Image]

Hat

[Linked Image]
No, cap.
Cap

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lorne Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Removing your hat indoors is not a convention. It is common courtesy. I also remove it when talking to a lady. The same thing of removing your sun glasses when talking to some one. It's common courtesy,which most have never learned.

As for not ever hearing a reason,except it was taught.Tell me how else you learned good manners. Evidently some never did.
It is seldom that I venture outside without a brimmed hat on.Hunting season,I more or less have to because of not finding a hat with a brim in blaze orange or needing ear covering

Agree.

Granddaughter's boyfriend was wearing his at our table last summer. I asked him to remove it, very politely. He did, and apologized, good kid that knew better .
Posted By: 79S Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17

Study the Bible and you might actually learn what taking "the Lord's name in vain" actually means.

You're probably a blue jeans guy.

Dave

Season 11 TPB is on Netflix
Posted By: krp Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Hat on when I leave the house and won't come off till I'm done for the day back at my house... unless I'm staying at your house and done for the day, it don't count.

Of course most of my life is lived outside in the sun and not much inside.

National anthem the exception.

Kent
Posted By: deflave Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
TPB?

Dave
Posted By: kingston Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Tranny Pattern Baldness?
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17

Agree.Not the first time this subject has been discussed here. Seems like a few of the resident snobs judge a mans measure as to what's on his head and they frown on ball hats/caps for the most part.

F uck the sons a britches. I wouldn't want to share a campfire or a beer with them anyway.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
It really is sad how far we slipped in our standards regarding what is acceptable in this country from the days of yore....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wageslave Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Amen, Brother.
Amen.

Vinny

P.S. Can you imagine the bush hidden under those beach nighties?......

Got any pics?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17

Rant over.
if i'm working in your home i'll wear it or if your a friend who doesn't mind. in church never.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by wageslave

P.S. Can you imagine the bush hidden under those beach nighties?......

Got any pics?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Some funny stuff on here, or maybe just goofy.

Hat on daily in the winter, sometimes on, sometimes not in the summer.

Take it off during prayer at meals, or anywhere or time else that deserves respect....church, National Anthem, funerals, the list goes on.

Beyond that it's my choice what I'm comfortable in and what I'm not. You might prefer cowboy boots, I might prefer gore tex boots or sneakers that day. Either way doesn't make you or I better. It's all the same argument. I sure as heck am not taking my hat off to walk through Walmart or Bass Pro wondering if I'm offending somebody.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by persiandog
this is what you should do :

[video:youtube]Hqp1bGuiHHs[/video]

P.

Damn. Just, damn.

I miss the Sopranos. I miss James Gandolfini.

But as to the OP question: a gentleman's hat comes off when he enters a house (unless he is on official business, ahem...), and when he enters a private/personal office. In the public areas of a public building or a place of business, the hat stays on. It comes off at the threshold of a church, stays on in a synagogue; comes off at the dining table of a restaurant, but MAY stay on at the lunch counter.

This latter is traditionally due to the fact that there isn't a safe place to put one's hat down at the lunch counter, so one might get ketchup spilled on it by a clumsy fellow diner. A man has to take care of his hat.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
BTW, I am in Chicago this week visiting my daughter. I left my Stetson back in Texas as it's not easy to take on a plane. I should have persisted. This cold rain is nasty on one's head. I have a hooded rain jacket, but it blocks peripheral vision and reduces hearing, which makes me nervous about my six.

There is nothing like a good brimmed hat in the rain.
Posted By: 79S Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
TPB?

Dave

Trailer park boys
Posted By: rost495 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Its all personal.

Wear it or don't.

Goes for a lot of things.
Posted By: JOG Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Since removing ones hat is Manners 101:

A. The guy never learned, or wasn't raised in a culture where manners are important. That tells me something.

B. The guy learned, but doesn't care. That tells me something.

C. The guy learned, but is openly disrespectful. That tells me something.

D. There's a good chance the guy is bald and cares too much for his looks. That tells me something.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by JOG

A. The guy never learned, or wasn't raised in a culture where manners are important. That tells me something.

D. There's a good chance the guy is bald and cares too much for his looks. That tells me something.

I never knew so much could be learned of a persons character by not taking his hat off when entering a structure?
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by RWE

What about sex?

No thanks. I'm straight.

I was waiting for something like that!!! smile
Posted By: JOG Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by JOG

I never knew so much could be learned of a persons character by not taking his hat off when entering a structure?

That makes you an 'A', and it says nothing of your character (only B, C, and D do).
Posted By: hookeye Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
No hats indoors was the rule growing up.
Nowadays I think it possibly acceptable.
Not in restaurants, churches or other people's houses.
But at the Lowes/Menards or deer check in?
I'm cool widit.

Baseball caps have never been part of my casual dress.

Hell, I think I'd tolerate people wearing ball caps every freakin' place..........if they quit dragging around their damn water bottles or coffee.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by DocRocket
BTW, I am in Chicago this week visiting my daughter. I left my Stetson back in Texas as it's not easy to take on a plane. I should have persisted. This cold rain is nasty on one's head. I have a hooded rain jacket, but it blocks peripheral vision and reduces hearing, which makes me nervous about my six.

You think Chicago is bad,I wore mine in London
Posted By: 5shot Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
What pisses me off is someone lecturing me on where and when I can wear my hat...
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Something I noticed doing the Knifemakers Guild Show in Kansas City as well as the little Rock knife show a few years ago is that all you get to see of most of the guys is the top of their hat. I talked with one guy for ten minutes about a knife and all I can say about how he looked is that he needed to dust off the top of his hat...It didn't take me long to realize that I don't care much for talking to the top of a hat.

Try a roof.

Clark
Originally Posted by 79S
TPB?

Dave

Trailer park boys

Schit clock's tickin' bub.

Dave
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by MojoHand
It really is sad how far we slipped in our standards regarding what is acceptable in this country from the days of yore....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So sad to see those young ladies in the bottom pic have forgotten their bathing caps.

What's the world coming to?

These young people, they'll be the death of the Nation, maybe the world.

Geno
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17

Walking with wife: mostly the same as above, but we don't have sidewalks where we live so it isn't pertinent often.

Normal go out attire: Head covered, ball cap, Stormy Kromer, Greek fisherman's cap, fedora, Borsalino, "cowboy" hat, Bandana, Dew rags, welders cap, fig leaf. Doesn't matter, I'd just as soon go out without pants on as go without a head covering in public.

Dishes in the sink: NEVER......... they go in the toilet, coupla flushes and they's good to go ......for guests at least. smile

Geno

PS, I'm staying at a friend's place for a few days and he requests I take my hat off at the table..... I do. He is not required to do so at my table..... he does

PPS, where is this "etiquette" thread I've seen mentioned?
Posted By: Otter Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17

AND sit in the sun then use your hands to shade your eyes.

Disturbing to me . . .
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This might just be a weave. T-Man and Slave will figure it out
[Linked Image]
Definitely a cap.

[video:youtube]7zHIrHy_yhI[/video]
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by 5shot
What pisses me off is someone lecturing me on where and when I can wear my hat...
BINGO!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
I think customs and manners do, at some point, become passe. I seriously doubt that many of you guys who are sticklers about hats observe and practice the customs and manners of the 1920s and 1930s. Watch a few of those old movies from the thirties and forties...if anyone were alive from those generations I suggest they would be appalled at your manners as well as my own.

All joking aside, I think it's inevitable that these things will change as generations pass. As a conservative kind of guy, I am not one who accepts arbitrary change and the kind of moral relativism that seems so prevalent these days---but I think we have to pick our battles. Certain things that are VITAL for the survival of our culture and way of life are under attack, and those things must be defended. It may not seem like a small thing to some, but I don't think the survival of western culture depends on our hat etiquette or which fork we eat our salad with any more than whether or not we choose to wear a necktie...and as long as the brim of your sombrero doesn't knock the pictures off my wall when you turn your head you are welcome to wear it in my house.

When someone's "manners" are so coarse that they think they can show blatant disrespect and disregard for others and society in general, such as when they publicly desecrate the flag, then I am on board for some thorough a$$ whoopin.
Posted By: blanket Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Just depends on whether you have manners or not
Posted By: 700LH Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Emily Post, yankee from NYC.
Originally Posted by blanket

Do you mean, manners as YOU define them?
Before you answer, you may want to consider the likelihood that Emily Post would consider your manners to be those of one of Attila the Hun's henchmen.
In fact, I suspect that Emily Post would have considered everyone here's manners appalling. I'll bet not one of us would pass the test.
I hope that doesn't come across as rude.

grin
Albeit gauche, I quote myself.

The more I read, the more I'm glad she's dead.

Posted By: ironbender Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
In fact, I suspect that Emily Post would have considered everyone here's manners appalling. I'll bet not one of us would pass the test.

I'm OK with that.
Posted By: Idared Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
I haven't bothered to read every post so I may be repeating what others have said.

As far as manners are concerned I will open a door for anyone, man, woman or child. If someone opens one for me I will be sure to thank them for it whether they are man, woman or child.

I don't take my hat of for many things or places, especially public ones. Church is an obvious place to take it off. Restaurants to me are not, unless it is a pretty upscale place. If I enter your front door and there is a place to hang my hat, I will be happy to take it off. I will also probably take my boots off unless you say not too. If no hat rack is visible then don't expect me to take it off except for sitting at your table to eat. I will always remove it for the National Anthem or similar occurrences such as a public prayer.

If someone says my hat offends them, that is fine. I may or may not remove it. I also assume anyone who wears a Wisconsin Badger or Green Bay Packer cap is pretty intelligent and can wear them in my house anytime, even at the table. laugh
Albeit gauche, I quote myself.

The more I read, the more I'm glad she's dead.

[Linked Image]

Post of the day!!
Originally Posted by blanket

Do you mean, manners as YOU define them?
Nope as your grandma would have defined them.
She ain't here to whop me. So now I'm here to whop the young'uns who have no manners AS I DEFINE THEM.

And the wheel just keeps on turnin'.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
I almost didn't read this thread. Thankfully I did. Very good entertainment gents, thank you.

I liken it to many of the threads where posters condemn TV to HELL and extoll their own sacred virtue of not having TV, or cable, or satellite, or what have you whilst completely missing the irony of the fact they are typing on the 'net which by any measure is worse than anything you'll find on TV.
She ain't here to whop me. So now I'm here to whop the young'uns who have no manners AS I DEFINE THEM.

And the wheel just keeps on turnin'.
If it is not my young'uns I have no dog in the fight, unless it effects me. If it does that's another story
I think minding one's one business and not criticizing others' manners is---well, good manners. Perhaps we're on the same page.
I think its funny that for an outdoor site folks here spend so much time inside.

Kent
Posted By: roundoak Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Another part of hat etiquette is tip your hat to the ladies. The chicks dig it, especially the Cougars.
I think minding one's one business and not criticizing others' manners is---well, good manners. Perhaps we're on the same page.

If I can get my eyes to stop bleeding, I'll see what Ms. Post has to say on the subject.
We might be. Manners is what you are taught
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I almost didn't read this thread. Thankfully I did. Very good entertainment gents, thank you.

I liken it to many of the threads where posters condemn TV to HELL and extoll their own sacred virtue of not having TV, or cable, or satellite, or what have you whilst completely missing the irony of the fact they are typing on the 'net which by any measure is worse than anything you'll find on TV.

Good post.
Posted By: sse Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
i'm too well-mannered to say what i'm thinking
Posted By: pal Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
...There is nothing like a good brimmed hat in the rain.

It is very rare that I wear a hat, and never indoors. But I wear my Stetson when out in the rain, a wool watch cap when it is too damned cold to go bare headed, and a ball cap or fishing hat (sometimes) while fishing.
Posted By: kennyd Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
What do you do when the cigar sets your hat on fire? Slap it with your glove?
OK. Open the car door for ladies. And NEVER walk behind the car, out of her sight. I do indeed open the car door for my wife, give her my arm (she is disabled so needs it).

I now have youngsters open doors for me. A comely lass helped me load my truck as a courtesy at the lumber yard.

I use my head to hold my hat up:).

Common courtesy is good manners.

Posted By: Penobscot_99 Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17

Rant over.

My Mom and Dad would say, "what are you, Jewish?"
Most households had a Crucifix displayed and you took your hat off in respect for the Cross.
That's the reason for doffing your hat in a Christian household.
...and my Mom did not have to ask twice !
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Good manners are admirable and essential to Mankind's well being. Rude behavior is unacceptable!

wink

L.W.

Posted By: lvmiker Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Knowing how to act in the presence of others so as to increase your personal advantage is a sign of an alpha personage. My mother would read from Emily Post to the family on road trips. My dad would then discuss making decisions based on winning, with the "Golden Rule" as the base line.

I have dined w/ my parents in a foreign embassy one week and eaten Porterhouse steaks w/ my hands at a campfire the next and enjoyed both immensely.

I choose to offend few but do what I want. I travel a lot in the west and observe few people away from the cities that are concerned w/ my dress code.

You should probably not touch my hat.

mike r

Posted By: Steelhead Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17

I don't agree in the least.
In the southwest you don't often hear someone say, I don't wear a hat... that's foolish talk.

Kent

Me neither.

Posted By: 700LH Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17
Miss Manners, Santa Monica style.

Read elsewhere he had kissed her on the forehead a couple of times.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Hat On Indoors - 03/31/17

Me neither.

Kind of ironic-this coming from the guy who's trademark is to say GFY to everyone here.
Posted By: specneeds Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
No choice for me outside without enough hair to protect from skin cancer I've got to wear a hat but most people wearing them with hair look a little silly when they take them off and have a hair style produced by the fit of their hat.

My observation about the indoor prohibition of hats is that in both rural and urban settings that convention ended a long time ago. I can't recall seeing anyone wearing one in any church.

The golden rule works well for just about any situation.
Posted By: Proud_Dad Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
Originally Posted by hunt1415
Sad!!

As a senior advisor in a high school, I asked the students to ask their fathers to take off the hat during graduation. The administration told me, "Do not mention proper attire." We used to teach in school. Now we just let them be like the parents.

This. As a HS teacher for 32 years I have watched/fought the same change. Used to be automatic as students walked in the doors the hat came off. Now I have to ask as they walk through the halls or sit in the lunchroom. I don't mind asking once, but it gets under my skin when I have to ask day-after-day.
Posted By: deflave Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
I went to a church once and one of the guy's passing around the free handout plate was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Haven't been back since.

If you're gonna beg on behalf of the Lord, wear a jacket and tie for Christ sake.

Clark
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
I went to a church once and one of the guy's passing around the free handout plate was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Haven't been back since.

If you're gonna beg on behalf of the Lord, wear a jacket and tie for Christ sake.

Clark

I sure got to agree with that.
Most folks going to church now days seem to think Walmart attire is good enough for church.
Posted By: 79S Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
Originally Posted by 79S
TPB?

Dave

Trailer park boys

Schit clock's tickin' bub.

Dave

Randingo a schit storm is brewing
Posted By: 79S Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17

Haven't been back since.

Clark

That was me it was casual Sunday I guess you didn't read the church flyer..
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17

Haven't been back since.

Clark

Most folks going to church now days seem to think Walmart attire is good enough for church.

At least they are in church.Do you get extra Jesus points if you dress up?
Sheesh!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
What Would Jesus Wear?
Posted By: kingston Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
What Would Jesus Wear?

A crown of thorns.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
What Would Jesus Wear?

A crown of thorns.

No jacket and tie?
Posted By: hanco Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
We speak bad about black people, but they look nice when they go to church. Dressing nice for church shows respect for God and respect for yourself. My opinion, not that it means cshit.
What Would Jesus Wear?

We speak bad about black people, but they look nice when they go to church. Dressing nice for church shows respect for God and respect for yourself. My opinion, not that it means cshit.

They're dressing to impress their fellowship.

God sees you naked every day.
What Would Jesus Wear?

A crown of thorns.

Would he take it off indoors?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
Originally Posted by Sauer200
What Would Jesus Wear?

A crown of thorns.

If He didn't, I suppose that it could be attributed to poor parenting. wink
Originally Posted by 5sdad
What Would Jesus Wear?

A crown of thorns.

You win! I take my hat off to you sir!

My wife just poked her head in my office wondering what I was laughing about.

I said it was a campfire thing. You wouldn't get it!
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17

Haven't been back since.

Clark

Sheesh!

Whatever someone's wearing sure doesn't make the person, however I do think they should at least put 1 of their normal best going out attire's on. If that's just 1 of their 2 best pair of clean blue jeans and a decent shirt, so be it. The what isn't as important as making an effort to be respectful.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
Dress however you want to dress. Lots of successful people wear some pretty cheap clothes. Lots of broke folks dress like they are worth a million bucks.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
What Would Jesus Wear?

If before 5:00 PM, a white dinner jacket and black tie. If 6:00 PM or after, a tuxedo. If He were attending the opera, white tie and tails. wink

L.W.
Posted By: CrackerJack723 Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
Comes off at the table and to pay respects. Generally you won't see me in a church.
Posted By: kingston Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

Haven't been back since.

Clark

Sheesh!

Whatever someone's wearing sure doesn't make the person, however I do think they should at least put 1 of their normal best going out attire's on. If that's just 1 of their 2 best pair of clean blue jeans and a decent shirt, so be it. The what isn't as important as making an effort to be respectful.

Or yoga pants.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/01/17
It's like Catholicism. The papists believe you can do whatever the hell you want as long as you confess to the pedophile that will transmit your sentiments to Mary, or one of a pile of saints who then convey your wishes to the Lord. Apparently, in the Church of the Campfire if you wear nice clothes to church (really nice clothes on the "big" days) and take your hat off indoors you can do whatever the hell you want the rest of the time because that's what counts.

TFF ROTFLMAO LOL SMH GFY
Posted By: deflave Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
Originally Posted by 5sdad
What Would Jesus Wear?

A crown of thorns.

LMFAO
It's like Catholicism. The papists believe you can do whatever the hell you want as long as you confess to the pedophile that will transmit your sentiments to Mary, or one of a pile of saints who then convey your wishes to the Lord. Apparently, in the Church of the Campfire if you wear nice clothes to church (really nice clothes on the "big" days) and take your hat off indoors you can do whatever the hell you want the rest of the time because that's what counts.

TFF ROTFLMAO LOL SMH GFY

You haven't gone to church since the day I met you so STFU.

Dave

Haven't been back since.

Clark

Sheesh!

If you're Joe Schit the Ragman and just need some comforting, by all means, walk your homeless ass inside and get some faith pumped into you. Figuratively or otherwise...

But I'm talking about the guys that have jobs, a house, a new car... Put some fugking khakis and a button up on. Especially if you're gonna pass the grape juice or handout tray around to the congregation.

Fugk me people are stupid.

Dave
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17

TFF ROTFLMAO LOL SMH GFY

You haven't gone to church since the day I met you so STFU.

Dave

Largely because of the attitudes one encounters in church, much like yours. wink
Posted By: krp Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
Dude's pissed the womens git to wear their hats... always interesting the ironicism of human thinking... God doesn't care he's seen you straining on the chitter.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17

Rant over.

Now, what if one is bald and has an obscene tattoo on one's noggin?

Hat on in church?

Hat off in church?

Not eligible for church until tattoo removed? (even if you've "repented" )

Minoxidil?

Wait in the vestibule?

Go to outdoor services only?

Wear stilts so you tower over everyone else and they can't see the tat?

Use Magic Markers to alter the tat into a "holy" one?

Forego church and go back to slammin' speedballs in the alley with the rest of the street people?

Start your own church?

Contact the pastor and inquire about a solution to your dilemna?

Or perhaps the best idea.................

Ask for advice on internet forums about outdoor activities. grin

Geno

PS, just remember, your answer will not sway anyone's opinion on the manners of the present residents of the USA. wink

Largely because of the attitudes one encounters in church, much like yours. wink

Oh for fugks sake.

You don't show up on Easter because you don't want to put on some khakis? Get real.

You don't go to church because you're a schitty christian.

Dave
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
I don't go to church because of other schitty christians smile

George
Posted By: kingston Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
[Linked Image]

I'm just gonna sneak this one out.

Hmmmm, maybe a little streak...
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
As this thread has sadly taken this turn, I'll interject the quote, "The Church is not a museum for saints, but rather, a hospital for sinners."
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
Originally Posted by NH K9

George

Then you're worrying about the wrong thing.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
As this thread has sadly taken this turn

Not the first time on this subject, Richard.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
As this thread has sadly taken this turn, I'll interject the quote, "The Church is not a museum for saints, but rather, a hospital for sinners."

Richard - very good quote.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
Or, on a lot of other topics Denny.
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17

Haven't been back since.

Clark

Sheesh!

If you're Joe Schit the Ragman and just need some comforting, by all means, walk your homeless ass inside and get some faith pumped into you. Figuratively or otherwise...

But I'm talking about the guys that have jobs, a house, a new car... Put some fugking khakis and a button up on. Especially if you're gonna pass the grape juice or handout tray around to the congregation.

Fugk me people are stupid.

Dave

"The Church is not a museum for saints, but rather, a hospital for sinners."

Morton T Kelsey? I don't know who he is, but Google found him.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
Walked off the boat this morning and went to church. I looked rough. Surprised they didn't mistake me as a bum and toss me out. Pretty sure I stunk too.
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
Originally Posted by Calvin
Walked off the boat this morning and went to church. I looked rough. Surprised they didn't mistake me as a bum and toss me out. Pretty sure I stunk too.

Good thing Travis,Clark or Dave weren't in attendance.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17

George

I don't 'worry' about much, certainly not about others and what they choose to do on Sunday.

I've met many good Christians....... many can be seen 'here' (Tlee and ScottF come immediately to mind, though there are many others)........ and I'd likely be better off if I were more like them. I've also seen way too many 'good, church going folk' that I wouldn't waste a breath on. Likewise, there are several exemplars here on the 'Fire.

I haven't really been to Church (with a few exceptions) since I left home after graduation. I don't think I'm 'less' for that choice. As always, YMMV.
Mütze oder Hut, das war die Frage.
Posted By: Snyper Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17
Originally Posted by RWE

What about sex?

Y'all should save that for PM's
Obwohl heute Sonntag ist, haben wir mehr zu tun.
Posted By: ShadeTree Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/02/17

George

I don't 'worry' about much, certainly not about others and what they choose to do on Sunday.

I've met many good Christians....... many can be seen 'here' (Tlee and ScottF come immediately to mind, though there are many others)........ and I'd likely be better off if I were more like them. I've also seen way too many 'good, church going folk' that I wouldn't waste a breath on. Likewise, there are several exemplars here on the 'Fire.

I haven't really been to Church (with a few exceptions) since I left home after graduation. I don't think I'm 'less' for that choice. As always, YMMV.

No you're not any less. It's not really about whether you go to church or not. My point just was that for me when I figured out certain things in life, then my reasons for why it was important for me to go, changed.
Posted By: kingston Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/08/17
Bump
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/08/17
This thread needs a backhoe and three bags of lime, not a bump.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/08/17
I'm glad you started it back up.

I'm wearing my hat (ball cap) indoors as I type. I just came in from getting the mail, and I may go out again in a few.

Am I forgiven, can I still get into heaven?

Geno
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/08/17
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I'm glad you started it back up.

I'm wearing my hat (ball cap) indoors as I type. I just came in from getting the mail, and I may go out again in a few.

Am I forgiven, can I still get into heaven?

Geno

YGTBFKM. Somone actually thinks how/where one wears their hat/ cap has a bearing on them getting into heaven ?
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/08/17
SOME do.
Posted By: dawggone Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/08/17
men who wear hats/caps inside are pukes in my world.
Posted By: krp Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/08/17
I'm a terrible influence...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hat On Indoors - 04/09/17
Originally Posted by krp
I'm a terrible influence...

[Linked Image]

You certainly are!

No one should allow that young lady to wear a pink hat with that pastel green shirt. No matter how much she protests because she REALLY likes her pink hat.

If she's your granddaughter you should get out there and get her a nice green hat that doesn't clash with the shirt.

That girl needs to be brought up learning proper hat etiquette.

Geno

PS, I hope you don't let them young lassies listen to the devil music rock and roll you put up on the music thread the other night, especially that Marilyn guy!
© 24hourcampfire