Home
my dads beagle, 16 yrs was a pretty good run.
Its very difficult to bury a beloved pet.
You are a good man and a good son, to take that burden from your father' shoulders.
Good on you! Losing a dog that age is hard on everybody.
16 yrs is good run,raise one tonight for him.
Condolences. The old gnome, now gone, with whom I used to spend time had a beagle named Max. Max drank beer and ate fish food pellets that were meant for the minnow tank. One day when I arrived, old John was looking pensive so I didn't say anything, just sat. After awhile he sort of chuckled and told this story. "Earlier, I yelled at Max about something that I thought that he had done. He gave me a rather evil eye. Later, I discovered that I had been wrong to accuse him and went out to apologize. When I opened the door, I saw that he had knocked over all of my patio tomato pots and tore the plants out of them. He had never done anything like that before. I couldn't hardly yell at him for doing it after I had accused him falsely." I miss them both.
It's tough but our responsibility to act in their best interests. Lost Lilli the ratter not quite two weeks ago, a couple weeks short of 18. A little harder as she was my dad's dog. Last thing I said to her was go find Dad.

The only up side to their short lives is we get to know more of them. Wondering what my next dog will be like, seems like they find me when the time is right so I don't really get to choose.
Hunt ‘em up Max . Condolences to his humans
You're a good son Roger.

Good Boy Max, good boy.
damn allergies
here's to max
Sad deal, Roger.
16 years is a good run. It's too bad they don't have longer spans. Condolences.
Posted By: DMc Re: well just got done burying max - 05/09/18
Truly sorry for you Roger. That's tough duty losing a mutt!

DMc
I feel for you. I lose a good friend, Wreck, several years ago and I still miss him. He went 16 years also.
Condolences sir. One of the toughest things I ever did was bury my Chessy and she only made 11.
Originally Posted by rayporter
damn allergies
here's to max

my eyes are sweating...
Tough deal. Sorry for your loss.
I just poured three fingers of Buffalo Trace......I'll drink a toast to ol Max.

Good boy Max. 🥃
I’m sorry to hear it Roger.
Dad had a beagle/blue tick cross bitch named Belle that was far and away his best rabbit dog. That was the only time I ever saw Dad shed a tear, when old Belle passed away. He buried her in one of her favorite hunting spots-a huge blackberry tangle where she'd brought countless rabbits in front of our guns.

Rest in Peace Max.
So tough loosing a good friend like Max, Belle, Chessy, and the others. I've lost Lady Dog, JB, Toby, Glory, and Missy. Old Rue will be with us a few more years.
Originally Posted by Springcove
Condolences sir. One of the toughest things I ever did was bury my Chessy and she only made 11.

Lucy was a good girl! Her and Maggie are patrolling the flooded rice together!
Sounds like ol’ Max had a good run, Roger!!!

Sorry for your and your dad. .
Hard job!

Sorry Rog.
he still has 3 beagles, my dad is fixing to hit 80, so i take care of them for the most part. so i'm always fixing holes and stuff. i really wish he'd of put max down a few weeks ago, but my old lady didn't him to just like she'd want me to put petey down the first time he bit me.
Posted By: efw Re: well just got done burying max - 05/09/18
Sorry to hear that. We buried a max of our own this winter; a chocolate lab that’d been in our family for 8 yrs and who’d helped my son a lot. What amazing friends dogs can be! What a loss when they’re gone...
Good man. Tough duty. Hard losses.

We raise goldens and have seven adults. All within 4 years apart. Gonna be tough at some point if I live long enough. I hope I do so they won't think I abandoned them.
Sad news but 16 yrs is a good run.

I have a Max that's 9, will hate to see him go when it's time.

They should live longer.

Good boy Max.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
my dads beagle, 16 yrs was a pretty good run.

Even so it's never easy. Sorry to hear!
Very sorry. I am still missing my dogs (one in my avatar) several years since passed.
can't we ban these types of threads? i am allergic to them. makes my eyes water and turn red.
one of my old girls won't run with me anymore, just waits for us at the bottom of the drive. hate this about Dogs.
There’s some unpleasant deeds that have to be done in a man’s life, this ranks up there.

Hope you find a good companion for your dad Roger
Son of Max just turned 11.

Gonna be tough.
Your dad raised his son right, 16 years is a helluva run. Ccondolences to you and your pops Roger.
Condolences Roger. My big yellow lab is next to me right now as he never leaves my side.

I dread the day.
We don't really outlive a good dog, when they die a whole era in our lives goes with them.
Man I dread the day It is a tough tough thing to do
Very sorry for your loss. Always hard to lose a family member.
So sorry to hear this. It is hard, really hard, to lose a member of the family.

We've lost 3 in the last 2 years. We had to put down 2 - one was 13 and the other almost 18. Those hurt, too. But the hardest one was the one who ventured out on her own the end of March this year . . . got hit by a car. She was only 5 and I still tear up several times a day thinking of her. It IS getting better, but not much . . . Hell, I still tear up about my Chessie and he's been gone since 1985. Guess I'm just becoming a sentimental old fool frown .

Condolences to you and your dad . . . You are a good son.

Good dog, Max . . .
Roger,

Very sorry to hear this. Tough to lose them, good on you for being there for your Dad.
Posted By: g5m Re: well just got done burying max - 05/09/18
I'm sorry for the loss. Been there too many times and don't think I'll be doing that anymore.

sorry man.......

part of being a pet owner....

my Golden Retriever is 13 this year.............

sucks to bury a best buddy.......
It's hard to tell who needs who the most, us or our dogs, that's what make it special, it guess.
© 24hourcampfire