Home
Posted By: JJF Thanks to Mackay Sagebrush - 04/27/24
I just wanted to let you know that today I went to the local range for some testing of a couple of rifles. Almost as an afterthought, I brought my Ruger Sec 6 and your 170 gr hard-cast 357 mag ammo to try out. I am not much of a handgun shooter and really mostly carry my Ruger 6, when I visit my buddy's farm, which is a mixture of marsh and forest. I typically load the cylinder with 3ea Barnes XPB's and rat shot. However, after shooting your ammo, I will now carry the 170 gr HC load you produce. I was shooting at a stick on the berm about 15 or so yds away. The stick was about 12" long and 1"-2" thick and I was making that sucker dance with my open sights. Believe me when I say that I am not a very good handgun shooter. The recoil was snappy but not harsh. I have no doubt this will work well on the local pig population, which has actually just recently invaded our hunting area in larger numbers.

So, thanks for producing a great and useful product. I am a fan.
Posted By: BMT Re: Thanks to Mackay Sagebrush - 04/27/24
Amen

He makes good stuff
Posted By: Lonster Re: Thanks to Mackay Sagebrush - 04/27/24
He’s my go to for 10mm and 9mm hard cast.
Thanks JJF.

I have had an order in for more .357 brass for a while now. Just waiting. It is frustrating, as there are a good number of people who really like that load and have asked when it will be back in stock. It is the right combo of power and accuracy for them. My Security 6 loves it as well. Great guns!
Posted By: MOGC Re: Thanks to Mackay Sagebrush - 04/27/24
Mac, I carry that 170 gr. in my 4" L-frame when in the country. I think what I'd like to see from Lost River in .357 is a good 180 gr. flat point at 1200-ish + fps. Thoughts?
© 24hourcampfire