Home
I have an opportunity to pick one of these up for a good price. It has a Burris 2-7X scope in three rings on a rail. I would like to "unclutter" and reduce the weight with a small red dot sight, but have no experience with scoped handguns. Any suggestions?
Don
Here's one option. Very compact and lightweight (I think it weighs less than 1 once). I currently have this JPoint mounted on a FA83 .475 Linebaugh using the FA mounting system. My everyday load is a 400gr bullet at a chronographed 1,150 fps. Have shot close to a 1,000 rounds of this load with no problem.

[Linked Image]

Here is a thread at Greybeard Outdoors discussing red dot sights on FA revolvers http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,202284.0.html. Look around in the Freedom Arms section and Handgun Hunting and Handgun General Discussion categories for more discussion of Red Dots and Scopes.

Hope some of this helps.

Paul
That's what I was thinking about, thanks,
Don
Paul, that's an outstanding idea you had.. Very nice setup.. Kudos..
What do you see looking through that sight? Does it have an apeture or is it just a clairifier?
You see an illuminated 4 MOA red dot. You put the dot on your target and press the trigger.
With a 400 grain bullet going 1150 anything with a red dot on seems like it would be in big trouble.
Paul ... that is a nifty looking set-up.

Wonder if there is a set-up like that for the SRH?
© 24hourcampfire