Home
Posted By: Bighorn FA 454 Casull Red Dot Sight - 01/09/13
I've tried selling my custom-bilt FA 454 Casull, but no takers. I've decided to just keep it, but shoot it with reduced loads, mostly for target, but maybe more deer hunting in the future.

It wears a Leupold handgun scope, 4x, on a TSOB 3-ring mount, which I am taking off to sell because it is heavy, and sight acquisition is getting more difficult. I am going to mount up a red dot sight.

FA sells a red dot sight mount that will fit several brands of red dot sights, such as Trijicon, JP, Leupold, etc.
Anyone have experience with them, or recommendations?

thanks. (and, PM if interested in silver-finish scope and mount for a Mod. 83 FA revolver).
I had a number of Tasco Optima 2000 reddots and really liked them except for not being tough enough. Tasco is not in business anymore, but Leupold and Burris make similar reddots.

These are the size of your thumb and allow you to just put the dot on target. They are much better than a scope or the larger reddot because they fit in a holster and there are not eye relief issues.

I expect that Leupold has resolved the reliability issues.
Posted By: RickyD Re: FA 454 Casull Red Dot Sight - 01/11/13
I have a eotech on my RB Casull. I think that's heavier than you want but it doesn't bother me. Burris makes a nice little sight from what folks say and eotech has a small one too but it's not cheap. but neither are FA's.
Since you already have the TSOB mount, you might consider a RDS with an integral mount like the Aimpoint Micro. You can readily switch back to the scope with this arrangement, as well.

I decided to get the JP Red Dot, after reading a lot of reviews. I also ordered a mount made by Freedom Arms, which installs neatly into the rear sight recess. The whole setup weighs about an ounce, I think. It should reduce the weight of my setup by 3/4 lb, and improve the balance.
© 24hourcampfire