Home
Posted By: VernAK Winchester 52C trigger work? - 06/21/15
I picked up a very nice 52C but the trigger needs work. Is there a good smith to rebuild the trigger assembly?
Check on rimfirecentral.com , somebody there should be able to answer your question and give you a reference or two.
Might give Mark Chesebro here in CA a call..knows his way around rimfires for sure...
You might try Butch Hongisto in Missouri, he is supposed to be able to do the Kenyon conversion on them. He has a good rep over on benchrest central and rimfirecentral, but I don't know more than that as I sold my rifle before sending it to him.
Thanks guys!

Rimfire Central also suggests Hongisto.

This is really a beautiful little rifle that I've always wanted since I was a kid. I got into it right but former owner had a "gunsmith" mess with the trigger and it must be 10 pounds now.
Congratulations on your rifle, they are likely the best engineered rimfire ever made in the USA. Nothing is that smooth, nothing at all.

Curious as to what the smith did to your trigger? I was under the impression they were designed to be a 3 lb trigger without creep or over-travel, as that was as the limit for the NRA four position matches of the times.

I have a friend who has a Kenyon modified B and it is the cleanest breaking trigger I have ever fired. Truly wonderful, although he says it is the heaviest Carl ever did at 1 lb 10 oz.
I wish I knew what he did to it......he was a respected gunsmith too!

I could sure live with a nice 3# trigger.....really a pretty little rifle.....absolutely immaculate but he had it reblued [nice job but polished] so collector value went out the door.....It'll be my shooter/plinker. Lyman receiver sight and sling swivels were all intact.
Hongisto is the one I was trying to remember last night. I've never used him but I've read a bunch of praise about his 52 triggers.

Dave.
Dumb question, but is a 52C with the Micro Motion trigger? My Dad has one of the Browning clones and after some shimming (by me) for sear engagement, it's very nice. Lights out shooter.
Thanks.....good to know as I haven't been able to reach Hongisto via phone nor email.
Billy Russell in Gatesville Texas.

# 254-223-0293
© 24hourcampfire