Home
I have a Remington Model Seven stainless 7mm-08 with the warning language on the barrel and is stamped CO 94. Does this denote 1994? It has what appears to be one of the newer factory plastic stocks with the textured grip area. The sling swivel studs are blued making me think the stock is a replacement. Model Seven experts out there, what say you?
April,’94. “C” stands for April and “O” is the year ‘94. The 94 is either an assembler’s code or inspector’s code most likely.
For the month just use the word BLACKPOWDERX for the month. B for Jan and X for December. The second is the year. Some years use two letters. Check out Remington Collector’s Society.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
April,’94. “C” stands for April and “O” is the year ‘94. The 94 is either an assembler’s code or inspector’s code most likely.
For the month just use the word BLACKPOWDERX for the month. B for Jan and X for December. The second is the year. Some years use two letters. Check out Remington Collector’s Society.

Appreciate it. I once had the page bookmarked, but lost it somehow.
Here’s another:
https://www.leeroysramblings.com/Gun%20Articles/remington_barrel_date_code.html
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
I have a Remington Model Seven stainless 7mm-08 with the warning language on the barrel and is stamped CO 94. Does this denote 1994? It has what appears to be one of the newer factory plastic stocks with the textured grip area. The sling swivel studs are blued making me think the stock is a replacement. Model Seven experts out there, what say you?

I'm no model 7 expert by any means but I recently bought a stainless Model 7 in 7mm-08. Date code of "AX" puts the manufacture date at March 2004.

The stock is a textured finish and also has blued studs, and a recoil pad labeled Remington, stock appears to be original.
Picture if it helps.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
© 24hourcampfire