Home
Hello gentlemen.

Is there any reason I could not run modern loads in the aforementioned rifle?

I'd also like to know scope mount (ring) recommendations for a Zeiss 2.5 x 8 Conquest. The rifle is a double square bridge.

Thanks in advance!
If the rifle is in good shape, I see no reason not to. Don't try for 7mm RM ballistics but, keep 140s at 2800 fps, 150s at 2700 fps, 160s at 2600 should keep you out of trouble. I believe rings made for the CZ-550 will fit.
NYrifle, I've run some of the same loads in my 7x57 21h that I run in a CZ550,Win. m70 and Ruger 77 without a hitch. None are max loads in any of those rifles. One that has worked well for me is a 154 Hornady at 2650 fps.
Thank you Gents. My intention is to work upload with the 140, 150, 160, and 175 grain partitions and hunt whichever groups best.
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Hello gentlemen.

Is there any reason I could not run modern loads in the aforementioned rifle?

I'd also like to know scope mount (ring) recommendations for a Zeiss 2.5 x 8 Conquest. The rifle is a double square bridge.

Thanks in advance!

Alaska arms

Speak to Morris.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the link I will do so.

Any reason not to send this rifle to Ed LaPour for one of his three position safeties?

It is your rifle sport, you can do as you wish with it...Mr LaPour is a very good choice for any work to be done.
Alas the Alaska Arms mounts are no longer vertical split. High quality but nowhere near as pretty IMHO.
Originally Posted by OttoG
Alas the Alaska Arms mounts are no longer vertical split. High quality but nowhere near as pretty IMHO.

Unless Morris has changed them in the past couple of months the CZ/Brno mounts are vertical split...the Ruger mounts are not .

Added; I see that the 30mm CZ rings are now horizontal split, I shall pick a set up from Morris.

Thanks for that update.
These guns have a lot of drop in the stock, so you'll want to mount the scope as low as possible. I have an old Weaver K4 on mine in low rings, but mine has been D&T since it is not the Square bridge version.

Mine is an 8x57 and I have run handloads just under max with no problems.
Originally Posted by weagle
These guns have a lot of drop in the stock, so you'll want to mount the scope as low as possible. I have an old Weaver K4 on mine in low rings, but mine has been D&T since it is not the Square bridge version.

Mine is an 8x57 and I have run handloads just under max with no problems.

Mate reckons the 8x60 loaded up is enough to almost cut you in half, due to the drop and light weight.

I limit myself to the 7x64 at the moment.
Anyone got a set of vertically split low Alaska Arms rings they want to sell?

Would you care to be more specific.
[/quote]I limit myself to the 7x64 at the moment.[/quote]

Would love a 21H in 7x64
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
I limit myself to the 7x64 at the moment.

Would love a 21H in 7x64

[Linked Image]

Since it is a round bolt it would be a 1956 7x64.

Link to used guns

I have dealt with this fellow before, whilst he is proud of his wares he does have reason to, and is very easy to deal with.

Sorry - after a set of low or medium 30mm

Sorry - after a set of low or medium 30mm

I only have one set of those, and they are slated for my Karl Kaps 4x36 on one of my model 21's.

Sorry.
nyrifleman,
Did you just pick that rifle up on GB? I thought seriously about bidding on it if that is the same one. Nice rifle.
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
nyrifleman,
Did you just pick that rifle up on GB? I thought seriously about bidding on it if that is the same one. Nice rifle.

No, I set my maximum bid at $1750. Once I determine what a rifle is worth to me I then set my maximum bid and don't even look at the auction until it's over.

I tend to avoid emotional bidding wars that way.
© 24hourcampfire