Home
https://vimeo.com/330845654/71b21a2224

I wonder what it is....4-24-19 release date
I'm betting it has to do with shootingshit at super long ranges and the word "Creedmoor's" involved...
Self propelled projectiles šŸ˜‚
22 Creedulicious
I would get a 22 creed 1:7.....
Originally Posted by Fotis

But wait, that's what Big Stick recommends.
I am betting Stick is a lead beta tester for Hornady,Vudoo,Barrett and who knows what else. He is probably responsible for selling more Montanas then the entirety of Kimber marketing.
Originally Posted by mathman

His recommendations and knowledge are not ALL chit. Just his communication skills and his vitriolic attitude toward the whole human population.
Yeah, it just seems like there is a contingent that likes to say "do that" simply the suggestion to "do this" came from Stick.
The highly vaunted 30 Needmoor?
Assuming 22 creed or a .280 version of sorts
7 creedmoor?
Got to be the B-29.
Nah.....B-52!
Wouldn't it be funny if it is a 7.62 Creedmore. Especially after the 4/1 aprils fools posts.
22 & 270 Creed. without a doubt.
7mm PRC
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I'm betting it has to do with shootingshit at super long ranges and the word "Creedmoor's" involved...

Remember back a while, when everything was 'Tactical'?

You could take a 1 cent drinking straw, paint it black, and sell it for $10 as a 'tactical hydration device'.
I am not sure what to expect, but it is interesting how sophisticated Hornady's marketing has become.

His recommendations and knowledge are not ALL chit. Just his communication skills and his vitriolic attitude toward the whole human population.

Well. In his defense. If the only thing you had to look forward to was being the bottom at a gay sex orgie with fat eskimos at the end of the trailer park while you stare at a naked picture of your man-girl child ...you wouldn't like people either
190 grain BTSPā€™s? Various other bullets that weā€™re discounting?
They've already chased zombies...got rid of round noses and most useful bullets...ghosts maybe?
"Open the box and say 'Wow!'"

Maybe their own gun system???
I normally refrain from these kinda comments. But am I the only one here who doesnā€™t really care for hornadysā€™ products?

Idk what did it for me. The zombie BS , the fueled by hornady stickers, their reloading components, the creedmoor craze....

I'll go 7mm PRCS (S for shortened). Probably has a new bullet material that takes the BC to unheard of territory. I hope its incredibly successful...I'm looking to pick up some used 6.5 stuff at steep discounts from all those headed to the new bowl of Kool-Aid.
I won't lose a wink of sleep worrying about it
Some new version of the wheel I am sure. 6.5 components might get real cheap though.
The ELD-XXX .750 BC 150gr 270 bullet.
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Remember back a while, when everything was 'Tactical'?

You could take a 1 cent drinking straw, paint it black, and sell it for $10 as a 'tactical hydration device'.

I didnt think we were out of that craze yet.
Originally Posted by viking

If they are the .308 Interlocks, bring 'em back!
My money is on either a .25- or .27-caliber Creedmoor cartridge. There isn't much unclaimed territory except in the area of reforming those recalcitrant American calibers that are habitually assigned to slow-twist barrels.
With Dave Emory retiring in the last year I hope Hornady continues to move forward in product innovation.
Originally Posted by Ky221
I normally refrain from these kinda comments. But am I the only one here who doesnā€™t really care for hornadysā€™ products?

Idk what did it for me. The zombie BS , the fueled by hornady stickers, their reloading components, the creedmoor craze....

Same here. What they call new technology really isn't. And, they often copy competitors with inferior products. They really fugged up the 450 Bushmaster ammo with that FTX load. Accuracy means nothing if it is a bullet that can't hold together. The negative reviews are countless.
I believe they will standardize the 22 Creedmoor. Itā€™s popularity now will make it a runaway success. It will be marketed for use of heavy for caliber high BC fast twist use. They will offer long range match and hunting bullets.
Hornadyā€™s bullet line up and performance are great. Iā€™m betting itā€™s a rifle, listen to what was said at the beginning of the video.

ā€œAccuracy doesnā€™t just happen, you have to make it happenā€

I like Hornady products. They have been upping their game for some time now.

I hope itā€™s a cool guy .22 Creedmoor with a 7 twist.šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø
I'd guess (and like to see) the .22 CM. Of course ammo would be using the 88 ELD and possibly the 70 GMX.

Would be interesting if they introduced some high BC .257 bullets.

I partially agree. While some things seem hokey to me, I do appreciate whatever involvement they had in developing the Creed. Having owned three now, and seeing what you can now do consistently with inexpensive rifles and inexpensive Hornady factory ammo, I have to acknowledge that they have a better mousetrap. Evolutionary vice revolutionary, but the result is consistently excellent results.
As to a new announcement, who knows. Given the current selling trends it will probably be something tactical related. My desire would be a high weight for caliber bullet with improved weight retention while retaining the BC and consistency of the ELDs.
17 PRC +P
While I do think the whole Zombie crap was just that, crap, I think Hornady did hit a home run with the ELD-X line of bullets. The Creedmoor craze has done well for them as well. I think it's a new Creedmoor cartridge myself, I've read on another forum it's a new type of shotgun ammunition. I guess we'll just wait and see.
Friggin 12 Bore Creedmoor? Heck yeah! Long range shotshells to use all the windshield!
Originally Posted by shinbone
I am not sure what to expect, but it is interesting how sophisticated Hornady's marketing has become.

Hornady is beginning to be like McDonald's and Purina. Lots of marketing and not much product.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'd guess (and like to see) the .22 CM. Of course ammo would be using the 88 ELD and possibly the 70 GMX.

Like to see the CM myself, though I've no particular need for one. The .25 bullets are tougher without a cartridge/rifle platform for them either existing or co-released. They won't make any money waiting for folks to re-barrel their .257s, and it's a tight squeeze between 6mm and 6.5. Not against it, just don't think they'll try to shoehorn something like that in.
Maybe Hornady is going to re-introduce the bullets they dis-continued.
Originally Posted by driggy
Wouldn't it be funny if it is a 7.62 Creedmore. Especially after the 4/1 aprils fools posts.

Like the 30 TC??? šŸ˜‚
Originally Posted by boliep
Originally Posted by shinbone

Hornady is beginning to be like McDonald's and Purina. Lots of marketing and not much product.

Hilarious...
How about a No-moor?
I doubt that it is shotgun ammo, as mentioned above, due to the video emphasizing accuracy.

Since they've already done all they can for making accurate ammunition, and indeed accurate cartridge introductions like the Creedmoor series, it would seem like it only leaves some introduction of a weapons system such as a semi-custom rifle.

Let's hope it's in 22 Creedmoor with a 7 or tighter twist!
Wrong, wrong, and wrong...ā€¦.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Maybe Hornady is going to re-introduce the bullets they dis-continued.

I LIKE that idea!
I figured it out!!!!!

Big Stick will be the new Customer Service Manager!!! He will be specializing in customer complaints. His great communication skills are so much in demand.

If it says Hornady on the box, I run away at the earliest opportunity. Some of the worst ammunition I have used in the past so even though it might be better now, I pass.

Nothing they make appeals to me.
What is wrong with their reloading components? Great stuff IMO.
Federal Cartridge is now going to manufacture 280 improved ammo maybe Hornady is involved in it too ? Or maybe Hornady will be producing some heavier grain 25 caliber bullets like 140 grain that are very long with very high ballistic coefficients ?
LOVE TO SEE THAT! LONG 257'S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Like to see the CM myself, though I've no particular need for one. The .25 bullets are tougher without a cartridge/rifle platform for them either existing or co-released. They won't make any money waiting for folks to re-barrel their .257s, and it's a tight squeeze between 6mm and 6.5. Not against it, just don't think they'll try to shoehorn something like that in.

You're probably correct. I've not spent enough time looking at 25's to have much insight into it. The lack of higher BC bullets for that caliber has always seemed odd to me.
I tried to figure out what the raised letters were, I have watched it multiple times, with the sound off. The hint is there, we just have to decipher it

These are the letters i think I see ATTRTI

Using an unscrambler I get ATTRIT

You are not.
They are usually the last brand that I reach for.
Brand specific or load specific?

x2, maybe a .284 154 gr RN? That would make my day.
Originally Posted by KenMi

Same here. What they call new technology really isn't. And, they often copy competitors with inferior products. They really fugged up the 450 Bushmaster ammo with that FTX load. Accuracy means nothing if it is a bullet that can't hold together. The negative reviews are countless.

I would respectfully disagree with that statement. With high BC bullets I can load my 6.5 swede to recoil more like a 243 but at 400 yds it performs like a 270. That is technology that previously never existed. When you have jacked up neck and shoulder issue but would still prefer to hunt for 30 more years the new technology is a blessing. Many older gents IMO have also discovered the beauty.

The problem most people are having with the technology is there useing it incorrectly. I have seen people take a 147 eld and push it to 3200 fps and than complain about blowing the shoulder completely off of a critter. The reality is at 2700 fps out of a Creedmoor it does very nice things close or at 400 yds

If you try to frame a house with a horseshoe hammer [bleep] is not going to go very well. Hammers are designed to be used for different situations and purposes. Use the correct hammer and use it the way it's intended to be used. Same goes for bullets

Trystan
I LOVE their dies, their presses their brass and bullets.
I think Pat already gave us a preview in December.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-prototype-110gr-6mm-bullet#Post13355582

Fotis, I have recently been pleasantly surprised at the quality of there components. The RCBS concentricity gauge says very good things about Hornady Brass, Bullets, and how well there Dies work. For the Price I haven't found anything even close! Kind of reminds me of Lee Collett Dies, presses, and powder measures. Very inexpensive but kick ass!

I must confess however that when I hunt critters larger that deer I tend to stray toward Nosler Bullets šŸ˜

Trystan
Me too and Barnes
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP

Agree. Especially when you watch the video and see all the raised alloy/aluminum...
New and improved old skool AMAX?!?

He seems to like me.
Originally Posted by smallfry
7mm PRC

The long one or the short one?
Originally Posted by Trystan

Fotis, I have recently been pleasantly surprised at the quality of there components. The RCBS concentricity gauge says very good things about Hornady Brass, Bullets, and how well there Dies work. For the Price I haven't found anything even close! Kind of reminds me of Lee Collett Dies, presses, and powder measures. Very inexpensive but kick ass!

I must confess however that when I hunt critters larger that deer I tend to stray toward Nosler Bullets šŸ˜

Trystan

Iā€™ve been using Hornadyā€™s Match Grade 6.5 PRC dies as they were all that was available and got Alā€™s blessing. Theyā€™ve been great. Iā€™m going to try more.
Originally Posted by kingston
7mm PRC

The long one or the short one?

Be nice to see a 6.5 prc case with touch longer neck,shoulder bumped ahead and a max oal of 3.34 in a 7mm caliber. One can dream....
7mm PRC

This, I hope.

For long action.
I don't think the new release is a new cartridge but likely a new bullet.
Iā€™ve enjoyed the 250 Savage Ackley Improved since 1983 when I finally quit talking about it and built one. Kind of a 25 Creedmoor without the fast twist.
Iā€™m guessing 25 Creedmoor and some long bullets to take advantage of a fast twist barrel.
Bonded "X" bullet.
.550+ BC, 25 Cal hunting bullet! Ha! I wish!
To keep with the Fire creed, it sucks and I have no use for it.
7mm Winchester or 284 redux lol.
Nuzzler is still shaking their heads.

Hint!...................

Hey, the zombie bullets were good and they were cheaper than the red tips. I hope they bring'em back.
I'm guessing it's the unveiling of Zombie-Max Superformanceā€¦ā€¦ā€¦...for those HARD to kill undead folk.
Have their bullets been melting again?
Long range bonded bullet.... Their version of the ABLR..

Or just an alloy tipped high BC bullet that looks like the original amax.

Bb
Originally Posted by Oldman3

Hey, the zombie bullets were good and they were cheaper than the red tips. I hope they bring'em back.

10-4. I bought a pile of Zombie Max or some schit for my 45 at about 75% of the price of what I usually use. And they shoot great.
About time for the 8.6 Creed to drop into market place.

Poos all over .300 BO & .350 Legend...subsonic & supersonic.
Bullets with bronze tips? Like the Remingtons of yesteryear?
Think they are going with aluminum tips.
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Oldman3

10-4. I bought a pile of Zombie Max or some schit for my 45 at about 75% of the price of what I usually use. And they shoot great.

The Zombie-Max marketing theme was one of the most fun in years and years. Even better than the Malt-o-Meal "tastes twice as good as that other tasteless stuff" in the 60's. (Do the math: 2 x 0 = ??? )

Bought a bunch of the .224 Z-M bullets at a steep discount off red-tips and they shoot great.
338 prc
.22/378 Earsplittingloudenboomer.
Alloy tips

I like that name....
Originally Posted by David_Walter

I like that name....

It's actually a really cartidge

Whelen designed it. 378 Why necked to .22 Cal. Honestly I wonder how it'd do with a fast twist and a heavy
Close, but not quite.

It was P.O. Ackley that designed it (not Whelen) in attempt to exceed 5,000 FPS. And it's name was .22 Eargensplitten Loudenboomer. And I bet it was too!
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I like that name....

Whelen designed it. 378 Why necked to .22 Cal. Honestly I wonder how it'd do with a fast twist and a heavy

Probably burn the barrel out before 1000 rds. Then buy another barrel and do it all over again.
You mean 100 rounds!!!

Anyway we find out tomorrow!
Originally Posted by Azar
Close, but not quite.

It was P.O. Ackley that designed it (not Whelen) in attempt to exceed 5,000 FPS. And it's name was .22 Eargensplitten Loudenboomer. And I bet it was too!

This cartridge was used by NASA with the help of Bob Hutton to test the sheathing of the early lunar capsules. With plastic bullets a velocity of 8,000 fps was achieved and it was used to test meteor and space particle impacts to ceramic sheathing. Sounds like a fun experiment. I think they used a smooth barrel to increase velocity but not sure of that.
Wonder how fast you could get an 88 ELD to go. Probably want a 28-30 inch bbl length
Maybe with a slow enough burn rate...maybe a handful of grass clippings and about 60 match heads.
Wonder how fast you could get an 88 ELD to go. Probably want a 28-30 inch bbl length

4000+ would be my SWAG.

4000+ would be my SWAG.

Pretty good squirrel load
Guys,
I obtained a copy of the press release one day early.

Without further ado, here it is:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
Hornady, Grand Island, NE
The BallisticBlog.com
This is Fred Fuhque. I'm here with Steve Hornady. Steve has some big announcements.

TBB: Steve, there's been a lot of speculation that Hornady is going to announce some new, game-changing cartridge. Is that true?
SH: No, actually, Fred, it is NOT a new cartridge. In fact, it's not a new ANYTHING! Hornady is going to slim down the product line!
TBB: Huh???
SH: Yes, that's right. I've been reading the posts of a guy by the handle of "Fug Stick" on 24HourCampfire.com. After reading his posts, I decided that we have been wasting our time on a lot of useless products. So, we are cutting our rifle bullet line back to 4 bullets - the 224 75gr BTHP, the 224 88gr ELD, the 6mm 105gr BTHP and finally, the .284 180gr ELD.
Our cartridge line will be cut to the 223 Remington, 22 & 6mm Creedmoor and the 7-08.
TBB: Wow! There's a lot of other cartridges out there that people use. What about those?
SH: Well, Fred, if you use a cartridge that I didn't mention, you are just a dumb chunt. I took the 22 Creedmoor loaded with the 88 ELD elephant hunting. That combo is supersonic out to 1760 yards. You don't need anything else, so you are lucky I'm not dropping the 6 & 7mm cartridges and bullets too.
TBB: Elephant with a 22? Really?!!
SH: Fred, you dumb fhuqk. Your brokedickness is hilarious. You can't even afford ONE of my bullets!
Hint.......
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Guys,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
The BallisticBlog.com
This is Fred Fuhque. I'm here with Steve Hornady. Steve has some big announcements.

TBB: Steve, there's been a lot of speculation that Hornady is going to announce some new, game-changing cartridge. Is that true?
SH: No, actually, Fred, it is NOT a new cartridge. In fact, it's not a new ANYTHING! Hornady is going to slim down the product line!
SH: Yes, that's right. I've been reading the posts of a guy by the handle of "Fug Stick" on 24HourCampfire.com. After reading his posts, I decided that we have been wasting our time on a lot of useless products. So, we are cutting our rifle bullet line back to 4 bullets - the 224 75gr BTHP, the 224 88gr ELD, the 6mm 105gr BTHP and finally, the .284 180gr ELD.
Our cartridge line will be cut to the 223 Remington, 22 & 6mm Creedmoor and the 7-08.
TBB: Wow! There's a lot of other cartridges out there that people use. What about those?
SH: Well, Fred, if you use a cartridge that I didn't mention, you are just a dumb chunt. I took the 22 Creedmoor loaded with the 88 ELD elephant hunting. That combo is supersonic out to 1760 yards. You don't need anything else, so you are lucky I'm not dropping the 6 & 7mm cartridges and bullets too.
SH: Fred, you dumb fhuqk. Your brokedickness is hilarious. You can't even afford ONE of my bullets!
Hint.......

Lmfao!!! Haha

4000+ would be my SWAG.

Pretty good squirrel load

And bunny rabbit. wink

I like that name....

Hard to tell. Barrel life is only 6 rounds.
Guys,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
The BallisticBlog.com

Hint.......

laugh laugh laugh
Guys,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
The BallisticBlog.com

Hint.......

Hahahahaha.... +1
Bwahahahahaaa!
Easy now guys, she brings a lot to the table!!!!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I
Guys,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
The BallisticBlog.com

Hint.......

Iā€™m laughing so hard it hurts!!! Hahaha!!!!
Guys,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
The BallisticBlog.com

Hint.......

It makes perfect sense.........
Originally Posted by Judman

What would that be exactly, besides family values and morals, obviously.....????
Originally Posted by JGRaider

What would that be exactly, besides family values and morals, obviously.....????

Enough friends for one side of a pingpong game., and a deep manglation of the English language.
Guys,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
The BallisticBlog.com

Hint.......

And Tyrone wins the ā€˜Fire for the day and likely the entire month
Will probably be a factory 22 Creedmoor 88 ELDM ammo announcement....
Originally Posted by kellory
...a deep manglation of the English language.

Is "manglation" a word, or did you just commit manglation? smile
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Yes, yes I did. wink you could say I coined a new word. "Manglation, the act of misusing language, and destroying syntax, while abusing the reader"

Like it or not ..... Hornady seems to have done well for themselves overall in the past 10-15yrs. I think RCBS has lost some sales to Hornady in some lines of reloading tools.

OTOH ..... I'm not crazy about some of the bullet lines they've dropped, but then I can always buy bullets elsewhere, and do.
Guys,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
The BallisticBlog.com

Hint.......

This is phugging priceless LMFAO grin
So what is the BIG news from Hornady?
So what is the BIG news from Hornady?

RIGHT??????
Guys,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
The BallisticBlog.com

Hint.......

Hahaha. Thanks I needed that this morning.
I thought they were going to announce the new cartridge the 6.5 Moor. Horny
Hey Hornady! Whereā€™s the big news???

Is Justin Timberlake going to be the new underwear model in your 6.5 Creedmoor ads or what?
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Yes, yes I did. wink you could say I coined a new word. "Manglation, the act of misusing language, and destroying syntax, while abusing the reader"

I like it, and the description is perfect! Gonna have to remember that one for future use.
https://www.hornady.com
Oh. Gee. The 500th 30 caliber that does the same thing. I wet myself in anticipation.
.300 PRC was announced a good while ago
About the type of over hyped horse-[bleep] I've come to expect from Hornady.

And Ruger.

And Nosler.

And Leupold.

Etc.
Big surprise is ... no surprise?
now you can be a sniper too!
Late April fools joke
Or a 6.5 ( Me so horny)
The 300 PRC was on their homepage before today, slow your roll boys

December 11, 2018
Hornady to supply 300 PRC Ammunition to U.S. Department of Defense
Looks like A Tip match bullets.
Hmm. So it is alloy-tipped match bullets. Machined aluminum.
Yawn
Really!! A ā€œrag bagā€. Haha.
No 7mm?
Or .224
So they want you to clean your own bullets.........ok

Underwhelming again just like the huge roll out of non melting tips.
Iā€™m no engineer so idk if it would work, but it would be nice to see them combine the eld with the partition
Maybe Big Stick can bless us all with the review he is conducting of them right now????!!!!!

Wish he would hurry up with his "shot it all and then some" wisdom.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What a joke.......

Hornady A-Tip Match Bullet
Hasnā€™t pat aka scenarshooter been testing those for a while???
Hasnā€™t pat aka scenarshooter been testing those for a while???

Some folks can't read clues....

Haters be haters. Everybody is an "expert" on line.
Haha how ya like em pat?
It looks like we'll need a new A-Tip seating stem for Hornady dies.
Haha how ya like em pat?

They drill, like nothing else I've shot.

Headed to Kansas City tomorrow to do some more shooting, and testing with George Gardner.

And dropping off five rifles for new barrels...;)
Have you shot that 250 gr 30 cal Pat?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-prototype-110gr-6mm-bullet#Post13354877
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Haha how ya like em pat?

Headed to Kansas City tomorrow to do some more shooting, and testing with George Gardner.

šŸ‘ nice, safe travels.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Have you shot that 250 gr 30 cal Pat?

Not yet...
Shame they can't turn out 5 boxes of roundose bullets for the old fuggs that don't shoot....
Pat have you any info on when they might be released to the public?
Thanks
Shot any coyotes with them Pat? Iā€™m curious about the terminal ballistics...

X-VERMINATOR
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Shame they can't turn out 5 boxes of roundose bullets for the old fuggs that don't shoot....

You talkin about the 117 257ā€™s? I have many friends with 257 Wbyā€™s begging for those too.
Wonder what has been done to keep them from oxidizing over time.
The Atip can be backordered on some sites now.
Originally Posted by RMiller2
The Atip can be backordered on some sites now.

Iā€™m waiting on the Nosler 150 284 Accubondā€™s. Donā€™t care about Hornadyā€™s.
I have no issues with Hornady ammo. I'm using thier .450bushmaster in my AR.
Target range while sighting in a new/used scope& first hunt. (Center shot is mine at 100yds, second ring shot belongs to my volunteer spotter, who was shooting 45-70 next to me. I gave him a chance with my gun, and he'd never handled one before.) wink

Edit to add link to pics.:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13769535#Post13769535
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Iā€™m waiting on the Nosler 150 284 Accubondā€™s. Donā€™t care about Hornadyā€™s.

Same here but the 277 150 gr Accubond instead.

A retired friend of mine helps out on a boat down in Kodiak doing bear and deer hunts. Last fall Neil Davies from Hornady was on the boat hunting with them. My friend is a big 6.5 swede fan so Neil sent him half a dozen boxes of these ping pongs. I was happy my friend stopped by and gave me a box of them. Not exactly sexy in the B.C. dept., but I bet they'll drive deep.

[Linked Image]
Looks like Midsouth price on the 6 110's is $75/100...goes up for the others
The new A-Tip may be a great bullet for long range mat shooters. The 230g or 250g .308" may get a try in my Blackout at sub-sonic speeds. Other than that, I doubt I'll find a use for them.

Was really hoping for a 7mm PRC for long actions but had little expectation.
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan

A retired friend of mine helps out on a boat down in Kodiak doing bear and deer hunts. Last fall Neil Davies from Hornady was on the boat hunting with them. My friend is a big 6.5 swede fan so Neil sent him half a dozen boxes of these ping pongs. I was happy my friend stopped by and gave me a box of them. Not exactly sexy in the B.C. dept., but I bet they'll drive deep.

[Linked Image]

Dang thing looks like it would go through a Tiger tank, lengthwise! laugh
What weight bullet, if I may ask?
Originally Posted by 340boy

[Linked Image]

Haha! It's a long sumbitch for sure! Those are 160 gr interlocks that they only offer in the non-US market. If anyone wondered if the old Gustaf swede had a long throat, these bad boys should answer the question!
The 308 with 220 RNs looks and does about the same thing.

[Linked Image]

Haha! It's a long sumbitch for sure! Those are 160 gr interlocks that they only offer in the non-US market. If anyone wondered if the old Gustaf swede had a long throat, these bad boys should answer the question!

Wow! 160s...no wonder they look so long! I doubt my Swede, a Howa 1500, could run something that long?
I haven't tried one in my Gustaf Swede yet, but they were made for that gun so I'm sure they will work. I've used 156 gr Sako ammo with it and it worked great. These are quite a bit longer though.
Originally Posted by 10at6
Looks like Midsouth price on the 6 110's is $75/100...goes up for the others

that is MSRP... they will be cheaper...
Is there an A-Tip in the .284 Variety on the horizon?
Midway states $79.99/100 for .264 135 gr. I'll pass at 80 cents/bullet.
Haha how ya like em pat?

Any consideration for hunting with these? Or, truly a match bullet only? That 6.5 135 interest me.
Originally Posted by devnull
Midway states $79.99/100 for .264 135 gr. I'll pass at 80 cents/bullet.

While I don't mind $0.80 or even more for hunting bullets, I don't shoot that many and sure as heck don[t use them for general target practice. Instead they get reserved for pre-hunt zeroing and drop verification. In many cases my target loads are cheaper (often SST) bullet loads designed to more or less mimic the ballistics of my hunting loads.

I think the A-Tip bullets will find a home with shooters using them at what i would call 'extreme' long range (which I classify as anything over 600 yards) and competitive shooters. Most shooters won't be able to tell the difference in performance between the A-Tip and other bullets given their equipment, the ranges at which they shoot and their level of expertise (or lack thereof).

That said, and as mentioned above, I may try the .308" 250g at sub-sonic levels in my .300 Blackout. I also have a heavy-barrel 6.5-06AI with a 1-8 twist that I use primarily for shooting clay pigeons on the 600-yard berm. Might get soma A-Tips to try in it as well. Much depends on where the street cost ends up.

[Linked Image]

Hornady 6.5mm 160gr RN are one of the worse bullets out there.
Originally Posted by xverminator

X-VERMINATOR

61.....from what I saw, I'll be using them for big game too.
Originally Posted by xverminator

X-VERMINATOR

61.....from what I saw, I'll be using them for big game too.

HAHAHA.....is that all....hardly a meaningful sample size wink
Haha how ya like em pat?

See ya tonight.... gonna be a great trip !

What makes you say that?
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
My experience with the 160 Hornady is that unlike Interlock Spire Points, it's pretty erratic in on-game performance, and an outfitter I know has had the same experience. Personally, if you really want to use a Hornady Interlock I'd go with the 140 Spire Point, and if you really want a heavier bullet I'd go with the 156 Norma Oryx.
[Linked Image]

My notes read:

110gr prototype A-tip @ 3000fps(6 CM)

Out of the 61, seven of them were 405, 405, 417, 459, 575, 680, and 740 meters.

Only one bullet did not pass through, it was a frontal shot at 176 meters. Most shots were standing broadside rib shots, behind the shoulder.

The average exit was 1.5". If any part of the shoulder, or spine was hit there was typically way more damage.(like any other bullet)

Personally from what I saw, I'd use them for bigger critters. If I can get some 135's in 6.5, I'll use them this spring on black bear, with the PRC, or 6.5 SAUM.
I crave to try the 153gr ATip in my 1:7 7/8" 6,5x57R !! laugh

[Linked Image]

Well that sucks, at least they were free. I still have a couple boxes of the Sako 156gr deerhead that shoots real good out of my gun.
How long before BS is telling everyone they are clueless for not using them??
A week, funny thing is pats been running em over a year.... wonder why Hornady didnā€™t call the big mouth lying cuunt to test??? Haha

[Linked Image]

Wow! 160s...no wonder they look so long! I doubt my Swede, a Howa 1500, could run something that long?

My Tikka 6.5 swede with a 3.34 mag will run that bullet with ease. In fact with longer bullets being the trend an being a long term thinker I went with that configuration for a reason. When Hornady releases the 6.5 162 eld-m with an .790 coefficient I will screw on a 7 twist barrel throated properly and seat bullets at 3.32

If I was as smart as this Big Stick fella or had his money to spend I'd just line everything up for today and tomarro start over from scratch buying actions to fit where future bullets are going to bring us! IMO it's an incredible marketing ploy by Hornady to ensure the future sales of new cartridges they will likely introduce to accommodate the new bullets that no longer fit the current platforms.

However, if you have a 6.5 swede on a long action your going to be golden for a long time coming

Trystan

Originally Posted by Trystan
[quote=340boy]

My Tikka 6.5 swede with a 3.34 mag will run that bullet with ease. In fact with longer bullets being the trend an being a long term thinker I went with that configuration for a reason. When Hornady releases the 6.5 162 eld-m with an .790 coefficient I will screw on a 7 twist barrel throated properly and seat bullets at 3.32

If I was as smart as this Big Stick fella or had his money to spend I'd just line everything up for today and tomarro start over from scratch buying actions to fit where future bullets are going to bring us! IMO it's an incredible marketing ploy by Hornady to ensure the future sales of new cartridges they will likely introduce to accommodate the new bullets that no longer fit the current platforms.

However, if you have a 6.5 swede on a long action your going to be golden for a long time coming

Trystan

Trystadamous
[Linked Image]

My notes read:

110gr prototype A-tip @ 3000fps(6 CM)

Out of the 61, seven of them were 405, 405, 417, 459, 575, 680, and 740 meters.

Only one bullet did not pass through, it was a frontal shot at 176 meters. Most shots were standing broadside rib shots, behind the shoulder.

The average exit was 1.5". If any part of the shoulder, or spine was hit there was typically way more damage.(like any other bullet)

Personally from what I saw, I'd use them for bigger critters. If I can get some 135's in 6.5, I'll use them this spring on black bear, with the PRC, or 6.5 SAUM.

Thanks!
Schit sure is getting good aint it?

Not happy about the price, but they look so purty...

Any chance we can get red anodized tips for a small up charge?
I would like to see a 110-112 ELD in 6mm
Oh boy. More match bullets.
What did I miss?
What did I miss?

Unless you are a long-range shooter, chasing the newest/bestest fad,

Nothing.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
What did I miss?

Unless you are a long-range shooter, chasing the newest/bestest fad,

Nothing.

Seriously?? Run the numbers on that stuff. Just at 500 yards drift is shaved by a coupla inches. So yeah, youā€™re right.

Nothing.

But wait for it.......legba be comin round.
legba?
Guys,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
The BallisticBlog.com

Hint.......

Oh Jesus Iā€™m crying laughing.
Originally Posted by fredIII
Guys,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4/24/2019
The BallisticBlog.com

Hint.......

Oh Jesus Iā€™m crying laughing.

Tyrone really outdid himself
Originally Posted by Model70Fan
legba?

Yeah, Legba...

He was the devil in the movie ā€œCrossroadsā€ that made Robert Johnson sign away his soul to play blues guitar..

Simply put....Bull Stick. Those bullets where his idea and he got the first box, shoots it all, snorts it all, blah, blah....
PAT!!! have the 153gn made it to your hands yet.
Iā€™m wondering the length and what twist I need? have a 3f with lots of box to use. This is a unformed case with a 147 eld m

[Linked Image]

If an 8 will twist it Iā€™m thinking 2800+ would be a great buck roller.
Originally Posted by 16bore
legba?

Yeah, Legba...

He was the devil in the movie ā€œCrossroadsā€ that made Robert Johnson sign away his soul to play blues guitar..

Simply put....Bull Stick. Those bullets where his idea and he got the first box, shoots it all, snorts it all, blah, blah....

She brings a lot to the table god damn it!!!! People learn from her!!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
legba?

Yeah, Legba...

She brings a lot to the table god damn it!!!! People learn from her!!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

If there is a guy here to learn from itā€™s Pat heā€™s as good and knowledgeable as they come.
legba?

Yeah, Legba...

If there is a guy here to learn from itā€™s Pat heā€™s as good and knowledgeable as they come.

Yep and a few more...
legba?

Yeah, Legba...

I reckon Hornady has a clue.....
I spoke with Hornady. Optimum twist for the 6.5 153gr was a 1-8

6.5 135gr 1-8.5
6mm 110gr 1-7.7
.308 230gr 1-9
.308 250gr 1-8.5
Originally Posted by SMACK

6.5 135gr 1-8.5
6mm 110gr 1-7.7
.308 230gr 1-9
.308 250gr 1-8.5

Thanks Iā€™m set. Then.

6.5 135gr 1-8.5
6mm 110gr 1-7.7
.308 230gr 1-9
.308 250gr 1-8.5

Just right Landon, I can see myself running the 135's in my 6.5 ai, and maybe my Roy....
You couldnā€™t afford the tape you clueless windshield couch hint.

Iā€™ve used all the tape and then some....

6.5 135gr 1-8.5
6mm 110gr 1-7.7
.308 230gr 1-9
.308 250gr 1-8.5

Looks like my 1-8 twist 6.5-06AI is good with the 135g, no real surprise. My S&W .300BLK AR is 1-7.5, so the 250's should run subsonic OK. At $80 and $90 respectively per box, though, I don't have a current need.
legba?

Yeah, Legba...

The Lord will not leave him unpunished that takes His name in vain.

Thanks Iā€™m set. Then.

Probably going to have to get a box and see if I can run them in my 1:8 6.5 wsm. 27ā€ pipe should get some nice speeds if I can get them in the magazine.
Free rent runs wild.
They look really nice and bet they shoot even better but at the price I found them on the net today puts them out of range for my precision rifle. I'll keep them in mind if they ever drop in price.
Originally Posted by RMerta
They look really nice and bet they shoot even better but at the price I found them on the net today puts them out of range for my precision rifle. I'll keep them in mind if they ever drop in price.

I think most people will feel the same way. If you're not into serious competition or shooting past normal hunting ranges, they aren't needed. The price would need to be cut in half or more to get my attention for the casual shooting I do at the range and I won't choose them for hunting.

As I mentioned above, subsonic 250g in my .300BLK might be interesting, but that would probably sell one box for Hornady. Possibly another box of 135g for my 6.5-06AI, maybe the 153g if they fit in the mag box without being seated deep into the case. If the Savage I'm building ends up being a 6.5PRC as currently expected, the 153g will definitely be of interest. So maybe Hornady will sell another box or two. Certainly won't be "stocking up" like I do with other bullets. Even at $80 a box, four boxes is more than I've paid for many of my firearms. AT $90 and five boxes, "many" morphs to well past "most".

It doesn't bother me at all to shoot $1 bullets when hunting. For killing paper, steel and clay targets at my local range, where I'm limited to 600 yards, I'll pass.
Maybe this has bee said. I just looked at the last few pages. Maybe a gimmick to get industry prices up more than they already are. Not for the average trigger yanker for sure.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Free rent runs wild.

Which reminds me!
You find your old lady yet?

Mine freaked out the other day she wants one of my nxs3.5-15x50 on her deer slayer so she bought this for me. Iā€™m telling ya sheā€™s a hard one to figure.

[Linked Image]

LoL.

Mine freaked out the other day she wants one of my nxs3.5-15x50 on her deer slayer so she bought this for me. Iā€™m telling ya sheā€™s a hard one to figure out.

I donā€™t know man she did allegedly leave your yeti cup at the ballfirld
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
[quote=fredIII]

Mine freaked out the other day she wants one of my nxs3.5-15x50 on her deer slayer so she bought this for me. Iā€™m telling ya sheā€™s a hard one to figure out.
[\quote]

I donā€™t know man she did allegedly leave your yeti cup at the ballfirld

LOL. Yes she did.

[Linked Image]

You know how much I love that cup.
Free rent runs wild.

Whatcha got for free rent?
legba?

Yeah, Legba...

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

You without sin?
God's the one with the stones. He ain't afraid to use them.
legba?

Yeah, Legba...

legba?

Yeah, Legba...

Heā€™s gonna be busy!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Taking the lords name in vain is WAY down on the list of reasons I'm going to hell....
Originally Posted by shootem
God's the one with the stones. He ain't afraid to use them.

Old testament Christian's.....so much better than the hippie new testament peace and love ones....
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Taking the lords name in vain is WAY down on the list of reasons I'm going to hell....

Boy thatā€™s a [bleep] fact!!!! Grin
Well if this isn't an answer to a problem I didn't have....an expensive one at that..

Midway can set you up with a 1000 bullet capacity box for $799.99...

Personally I am going to hold out for a 250 grain 22 caliber Aluminum Tipped Bullet from them...

that'll REALLY put the 250 in 22.250....

twist rate is rumored to be 1 in 2....

I'm sure Stumpy will do a nice informational write up on it for all of us brokedick on the Couch Kcunts ...

Hint......
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well if this isn't an answer to a problem I didn't have....an expensive one at that..

Midway can set you up with a 1000 bullet capacity box for $799.99...

Personally I am going to hold out for a 250 grain 22 caliber Aluminum Tipped Bullet from them...

that'll REALLY put the 250 in 22.250....

twist rate is rumored to be 1 in 2....

I'm sure Stumpy will do a nice informational write up on it for all of us brokedick on the Couch Kcunts ...

Hint......

you just tickle me sometimes....LOL
As soon as we get past the carbon fiber or titanium tips,we can get back to building bullets that cost less than a hernia reversal. Apparently the heat shield tip was a failure? Platinum. That should really get the old 270 cooking. At the very least anodized color coding of the aluminum jobbies would be nice. Need to quit half assing this chit.
Ceramic tips, like the Space Shuttle...then a second stage booster at the 1000 yard line.

Pards be cutting checks....
Free rent runs wild.

Which reminds me!

Mine freaked out the other day she wants one of my nxs3.5-15x50 on her deer slayer so she bought this for me. Iā€™m telling ya sheā€™s a hard one to figure.

[Linked Image]

LoL.

Instead of buying that scope maybe buy some paint and paint them walls..
Free rent runs wild.

Which reminds me!

[Linked Image]

LoL.

Please.....and I really mean it !!!
Back away from the big stick influence and schitt can that red honking nose clown cap you got on that scope.

I will look around town today and find you a black one and send it to you. Free.........Just to undermine his influence.

crazy laugh laugh grin
Originally Posted by 79S
Free rent runs wild.

Which reminds me!

[Linked Image]

LoL.

Instead of buying that scope maybe buy some paint and paint them walls..

Iā€™m living in squalor. LOL.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Free rent runs wild.

Which reminds me!

[Linked Image]

LoL.

Please.....and I really mean it !!!
Back away from the big stick influence and schitt can that red honking nose clown cap you got on that scope.

I will look around town today and find you a black one and send it to you. Free.........Just to undermine his influence.

crazy laugh laugh grin

It came that way I didnā€™t remove oem and add stupid. šŸ˜Ž. Just so you can sleep tonight Iā€™ll toss it in the trash.
Grooving on the long list of WELL founded Insecurities.

Hint...ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..
Ignore due to ignore but Iā€™m sure someone is drunk. LOL
It's never been difficult to cypher who shoots and who don't. Congratulations?!?

Hint...ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦...
[Linked Image]

Fitting
Must be coors light
Originally Posted by peeshooter
Must be coors light

Your guess is as good as mine. Enjoy the sellers market. šŸ˜‰šŸ†šŸ’¦.
Ps what is the killing out look for the year.
Utah?deer ? Know soon Az deer? I want a run down.
Them that cain't...simply MUST steal pics.

Hint...ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..
© 24hourcampfire