Home
Bought a Ruger Ranch Rifle 450 Bushmaster, rounding up my handloading stuff.

Saw an older fellow, white hair man speaking of a bullet maker I'm not familiar with, he seemed very knowledgeable on these .452'' bullets. But now I can't find the video, any help on some high BC bullets?
And load info. on 450 bushmaster bolt action rifle.

Thanks ...
You're probably talking about the Bear Creek Ballistics bullets. I use them, they are the perfect bullet for the 450 BM.

https://bearcreekballistics.com/product/450-bushmaster-240-grain-reloading-bullets/
That looks good, saved it to favorites.

The fellow I mentioned >video had 4-5 different bullet weights, I think they're also used in Muzzleloaders.

FSJeeper,
Have you ever used these on deer/hogs?
Yes, I used the Bear Creek bullets this last season. I was using Hornady ftx 250's which were ok. Do not use the 225 FTX's, they expand too quick at 450 BM speeds and come apart. Never had a deer run, always dropped with the Hornadys though. But I did have 2 250's come apart on me and did not exit, that is why I switched bullets to the Bear Creek.
Hard to believe a 250 wouldn't exit a deer isn't it?

Seems like it would, if not it must make one heck of mess in there.
How about the 300gr. XTP bullets have you ever tried them? Big hollow point.
No, never tried those.
Have not tried them but have heard a lot of people use the Tipped Barnes Muzzloader bullets. I have been playing around with mine as a short range thumper. Been shooting various hardcast and monometal solids. Reloading is easy. Pick any bullet any powder you can find data for load to max get ragged one hole groups. I have never seen a more accurate and consistent big bore cartridge.

I have some factory hornady ftx and some component bullets. They are my have something to shoot ammo. Never would use them on game. Had too many rodeos using the same bullet in shotgun slugs and muzzleloaders when I hunted in weapon restricted areas. First deer I shot I thought it was a fluke that the jacket was stuck in the hide of the entrance hole. Nope was the first of many WTF bullet performances and unrecovered deer. I consider myself a fairly good shot. But will admit I could of been at fault in some of the cases. No way of knowing as no body to examine. All lost deer acted nearly the same. Dropped like lightening hit them. Exploded paint can type blood at impact zone. Crazy blood trickling down to nothing. Guessing but seems like classic bullet blowing up on a shoulder without penetration. So got in the habit of shooting for the ribs and getting as many rounds in them as possible. Will never use these bullets by choice again.
Pittman Bullets
The highest BC .452 bullets out there, not cheap but the best IMO.
High BC and 45 cal. don't go together lol
Fury Custom Bullets. Dennis has perfected the 45cal bullet for shooting in the 450 BM.
OK guys that's the info. I was looking for.
Also found the video I was looking for, Mr. Bob Parker showing his bullets that work well in the Bushmaster.

For Ghostman, longest shot ever made in the entire world, no one will EVER make a longer shot not even a thousand years from now!!! smile

© 24hourcampfire