Home
Not sure if this is correct forum but.....
Federal Premium Hammer Down 30-30 150gr bonded bullet ammo....
Who makes the bullet? is it available as a component?
Have a rifle that absolutely LOVES LOVES the load and i would like to stock up on the bullets.
It's probably made by Speer, since the specs say the bullet in the Hammer Down .30-30 is "molecularly bonded." But don't know if it's available separately as a handloading component....
A Fusion variant, perhaps?
Originally Posted by Gojoe
A Fusion variant, perhaps?

100%

Ammo companies get their rocks off rebranding ammo lines with fancy names. Same stuff that they called "Non Typical" a couple years ago.
I thought the Non-Typical was a rebrand of the blue box cup/core bullet?
I'm looking forward to the Fission bullet, which sets off a small nuclear explosion inside the animal. The lead particle consumption will be the least of your worries after consuming radioactive meat.
So then Hot-cor, Deep curl,Gold dot, Hot-cor, Fusion, Power-Shock plus others and now Hammer down. The nickel shells are nice touch. They will look nice on the 50 round shell carrier.
It's a 30-30 carbine, not a tool that is really suited for game bigger than deer and black bear. Juicing up the 30-30 will not make it a two hundred yard moose or grizzly rifle. Speer\Federal really should just put development on hold and produce ammo.
Originally Posted by JPro
I thought the Non-Typical was a rebrand of the blue box cup/core bullet?

Maybe it was, seem to remember it advertised as "bonded". At any rate, it was rebranded ammo that they already made.
© 24hourcampfire