Home
I was looking over this Baikal 221 in 45-70, and the scope mount rail looked similar to one on a Valmet 412. I have an extra Valmet mount and tried it on the Baikal. It fits perfectly with a little shimming out of the tightening knob, so it doesn't press into the barrel top when screwed in until tight.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have the same rifle and use Warne QD rings right on the rail. Works great with my 1.5-5 Simmons shotgun scope. How are you liking your rifle? Mine still shoots minute of grape fruit at 75yds from both barrels.
Mine does well with lighter bullets. The triggers are awful, but it shoots when I do my part. The two in the black were the final regulation with 300gr jacketed WW HP ammo. It seems to like the lighter bullets better.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Abner
I have the same rifle and use Warne QD rings right on the rail. Works great with my 1.5-5 Simmons shotgun scope. How are you liking your rifle? Mine still shoots minute of grape fruit at 75yds from both barrels.

Abner, do you have a pic of your setup or could you tell me specifically which rings you are using. I have on in 30-06 that is a GREAT shooter and thinking of mounting a small scope.
© 24hourcampfire