Home
Posted By: shootem Gobbler wants to die…. - 04/27/24
Sitting in the backyard grilling ribs and listening to a crazy gobbler down in a creek bottom behind us. He’s gobbled half a dozen times in the last half hour. Pretty sure I could call him onto our property. If they gobble repeatedly this late (7:35 p) they have a death wish. Just have too much else to deal with.
Posted By: shootem Re: Gobbler wants to die…. - 04/27/24
7:48…..fool just gobbled again. Maybe 200 yds. Might get the box out and see how brave he is.

edit: And twice more
Posted By: shootem Re: Gobbler wants to die…. - 04/28/24
This is crazy. He’s gobbled a dozen more times and it’s 7:58 PM ?! We’ve heard him before down there so it must be his roost area. Maybe Monday or Tuesday I’ll have to shut him up.
Why wait so long?
He's just lonely and lookin for love in all the wrong places.... Good luck to you when you go after him!
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Gobbler wants to die…. - 04/28/24
Good luck
Posted By: SupFoo Re: Gobbler wants to die…. - 04/28/24
Originally Posted by NMSSHOOTER
Why wait so long?

Because he has to go into town first to buy a license. Right?
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Gobbler wants to die…. - 04/28/24
Originally Posted by NMSSHOOTER
Why wait so long?

Could be his season hasn't opened yet ??
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Gobbler wants to die…. - 04/28/24
Tauntin sons a bitches😂
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: shootem Re: Gobbler wants to die…. - 04/29/24
Season is in and I have a lifetime license. Also have a LOT of chores related to getting our recently acquired house. Some things could be lived with but I can’t overlook them. Yesterday I’d been redoing some cabinets in the downstairs kitchen. This after I had shovel tossed about a yard and a half of cowpoo compost on the garden and another chore I forget right now. That old bird gobbled again at 8:08 as I was headed in the house. Son and significant other coming for an extended visit tomorrow. He’s a bad lucker when it comes to turkeys so if this one keeps talking so much we will at least try to bust him.
© 24hourcampfire