Home

[Linked Image]
Pretty well done I'd say!
It's OK. I would like it better without the crazy "S" configuration. Understand it's a blend of the old vs new.

Here's one I had made for my den. It's made of heavy gauge steel. I believe it is laser cut, but it could have been plasma cut. A fellow over on Facebook made it for me. Sorry about the flash glare. It was a "hurry up" picture I just heard back from Jim. He uses CNC plasma cutting.

[Linked Image]
One of my favorites!

[Linked Image]
It was on the envelope from Savage Historical Services that I got recently. Probably using up old stock in a very Savage sort of way.
Looks better in person.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Looks better in person.

I ordered one, too, but have not received it yet.
Looks like the same Native American depiction used for the 100th anniversary .... 55 years ago in 1964! It's good to see they are actually starting to get all the facts & dates about their history correct! Does their web suite still say that Arthur Savage was with the company past Jan 1905?.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Before Savage bought Stevens in 1920 they were no more connected to each other than Savage & Winchester, Savage actually had more of a connection with Marlin then to Stevens due to the 1895.
They need a motto, something that reflects the company mission and public perception of the brand.

"Savage- Perfectly Adequate"

"Savage, when mediocre is good enough"

"Savage, the new Average"

^^^^^^^^ Now THAT'S just funny, right there!!!
Gene, they now have a scrolling timeline of events in the history. No mention of how long Arthur was with the company. Still some oops in there, like they started producing ammo in 1895 (1898 or 1899 actually).
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
It's OK. I would like it better without the crazy "S" configuration. Understand it's a blend of the old vs new.

Here's one I had made for my den. It's made of heavy gauge steel. I believe it is laser cut, but it could have been plasma cut. A fellow over on Facebook made it for me. Sorry about the flash glare. It was a "hurry up" picture I just heard back from Jim. He uses CNC plasma cutting.

[Linked Image]

I like it....
Thanks, Ken.
another great gun Savage made and still does make is the over /under 22LR- 410 ,as a FFL dealer i wish Savage would build a 556 - 20 gauge 3 inch in a over /under with a piccatinny permanent base and in S.S i would buy a dozen right now in a take down model and keep these guns under $500.00 if possible .
© 24hourcampfire