Home
What models are you looking to add?

What do you want/need to sell?

I made some very nice acquisitions in 19. I bought 4 99's that I had been searching for a long time that just fell into my lap almost all at the same time. Condition and price were there. First new editions in several years. And they all came at once.

Going to have to sell off some of my Winchester collection to get my house back laugh

This year only looking for one gun, a post war factory D&Ted 300 EG.

I've got an idea ....

cool
Always keep my eye open for takedowns. If a M1920 .250 fell into my lap I probably wouldn't kick it away. Best of both worlds: a takedown M1920 in .250!

Going to sell a 99T .300 shortly- cheaper than "normal" T prices due to refinished/recheckered wood. Ditto a 19-33NRA which is scary accurate but doesn't fit into the direction my .22 lusts are taking me. Gonna sell a couple other things too, but not Savage in origin.
Like to run across a Shooter "T" myself! That and a RICH Girlfriend! for 2020
I'm looking to add an 1895 "lightest" with a 22" round barrel. I need an 1895 with a 5XXX serial number. I know where a few are but sadly those are not for sale.

Anybody?
Id still like to find a shooter 99T, also one in 284.

'59 (would settle for '56) 99F 300 with good condition and price.

Originally Posted by Poconojack

Now that's funny right there!!!
I would like to add a 30-30 T to my collection. 2020 is starting off very well so far with the addition of another 250T, a 243F, and a model 45 Super Sporter in 30-30.

Joe
Recently joined the cult of the 99. Im a younger guy who’d never been exposed to the 99 before the internet, and I was just immediately obsessed with the design.
Bought my first 99, an EG in .300 at $400. Already I’m eyeing a 99E in .243 at a pawnshop near my house. Hopefully I’ll be able to grab that one before anyone else realizes what a deal it is.
More money would be nice. Being retired is great, but not much overtime in it. frown I'd like to find a .303 Savage in very nice shape, all there, with a good bore. I'm not going to sell anything so it'll have to come at the right time and place. But any pre-mil 99, in a Savage cartridge, that was in nice shape, at a price I could afford would get me interested. The Tinkerbell Spl. is lonely in the safe with only a Marlin to talk to.
Originally Posted by SteelNCider
Recently joined the cult of the 99. Im a younger guy who’d never been exposed to the 99 before the internet, and I was just immediately obsessed with the design.
Bought my first 99, an EG in .300 at $400. Already I’m eyeing a 99E in .243 at a pawnshop near my house. Hopefully I’ll be able to grab that one before anyone else realizes what a deal it is.

Oh yeah, he's hooked ^^^^^. Another day, another empty wallet! grin
Originally Posted by 99guy

Models between 1895 & ~1950. Something that grabs me. I prefer NOT to restrict myself. smile

Duplicate memorabilia, books, etc.
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage

Models between 1895 & ~1950. Something that grabs me. I prefer NOT to restrict myself. smile

Duplicate memorabilia, books, etc.

All that pesky MHG memorabilia can come to Oregon, ya know? grin
I have almost 600 rounds of mixed handloads and factory 30/40 Krag ammo burning a hole in my pocket. It needs to go before I buy another rifle just to shoot it up! Someone anyone get this ammo outa here!
Always open adding something nice at the right price. Will probably thin out a couple.
If I didn't already have about that much .30-40 stuff I would beat a path to your door, Roy.
Empty wallets right haha. But shouldering a new rifle is worth the expense every time.
99 - H barrel band, 30-30.
I would like to have a 284 also, 99’s are habit forming.
Originally Posted by roundoak
99 - H barrel band, 30-30.

There was a good one on GB or GI the other day for $1150 iirc.
A nice 1899H in .303S, a 1905 target rifle and maybe a 1920 in .300S
special order and engraved rifles. My display at the UGCA and CGCA gun shows this year will be special order and engraved 1895's, 1899's and 99's. My 303 Speigle special is well worn and has faint engraving. I wouldn't mind updating it. The lineup right now is a 22" octagon barrel 1895 with high grade wood and checkering, the "F" engraved 1899B, the "B" engraved 1899A, the 1899H 25-35 with high grade wood and checkering, 1899 short rifle with slightly upgraded wood and checkering, the 99K 250-3000 that I bought recently that I showed pics here, the Speigle, a 99DE in 284, a 99PE in 243, and the 100th Anniversary. If I can find a 1950's engraved 99F it would push one of these out of the display.
I have an 1948 EG with a mismatched forearm for sale at $650 and a 1969 E in 300 Savage for $450. Both are 300's and in excellent condition.
Always looking for a .300, .250 or .30-30 T's However, if a really nice prewar .250 99RS would pop up I would be all over it.
Originally Posted by wyo1895
. If I can find a 1950's engraved 99F it would push one of these out of the display.

Poconojack is your man.
Trying to find a nice, original 1899 A B or C that doesn't have the price tag of a family heirloom.

Like others, eyes are always open for a pre-war R and RS.
All you guys with muskets laying around that are missing the rear sight will appreciate this.LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202882198329?ViewItem=&item=202882198329
poconojack, from what fireball said you may have an engraved 1950's 99F you'd part with?
David I've fondly admired Ted's .243. It is a fine speciman and at that time he would consider selling it. Hopefully you can add it to your collection. it's pristine.
Looking for a nice condition place in Idaho!
I am at the point of liquidating rather than adding. Most of these have been at Midwest Savage Fests in the past. They generally are decent shooter grade guns, but not quite collector grade.

1899 250/3000, early production, delivered to J DeP Lynch, Secretary Treasurer of Savage at that time. Extra quality wood and checkering. Has history of returns to factory four times, at least once for replacement of barrel
99T 30/30 Very good condition, not quite collector, Lyman tang sight, does not have T sights
99T 250/3000 Slightly better than above, but has a thin replacement butt pad, and Williams receiver sight, does not have T sights
99EG 250/3000 This one is as new, and has better than normal wood
99R (P0stwar) 300 Savage. Very nice condition, Lyman receiver sight
99R {Postwar) 300 Savage Very nice condition, but has a weird rear sight and replace butt plate
99G 303 Excellent condition, tight tang crack
23C cosmetically challenged, but highly functional
Stevens 425, 30/30 Remington, metal is much better than wood, but does not appear to be refinished Chip out of butt at buttplate. Have several boxes of ammunition that go with this one.

If possible, I will bring these to Escanaba in May.
Talk to me about the 30/30 T. I might be interested.
Gentlemen,

Things have suddenly turned hectic here as my wife has been waiting surgery for a while, and in the last couple hours she has been scheduled for a catscan early tomorrow. I will get back to every one as soon as possible

Dave
In Savages I'm stickin' to 300 for:

Maybe a prewar G
Maybe a postwar R
Maybe a postwar F

Also maybe a Super Sporter in 30-30.

Also maybes:

!903 Springfield T - or enough parts to make one
A new rabbit hole called Remington Rolling Blocks

But who knows, tomorrow is another day and this list may likely get revised or even trashed.
[quote=bigolddave]Gentlemen,

Things have suddenly turned hectic here as my wife has been waiting surgery for a while, and in the last couple hours she has been scheduled for a catscan early tomorrow. I will get back to every one as soon as possible

Dave[/quote}

Here's to you two weathering the storm and coming through in good health and spirit. Best of luck!
Originally Posted by S99VG
In Savages I'm stickin' to 300

But who knows, tomorrow is another day and this list may likely get revised or even trashed.

You're looking for 300 Savages? That's a helluva lot of Savages. I don't think anybody else here has (quite) that many! (Maybe Calhoun, maybe LBK, maybe even Loggah.)

Remington RB's- a delightful rabbit hole to get lost in. I myself wouldn't mind one in a big ol' blackpowder cartridge some day.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

You're looking for 300 Savages? That's a helluva lot of Savages. I don't think anybody else here has (quite) that many! (Maybe Calhoun, maybe LBK, maybe even Loggah.)

Remington RB's- a delightful rabbit hole to get lost in. I myself wouldn't mind one in a big ol' blackpowder cartridge some day.

OCD!

But the chances of ME selling one is slim to none. laugh

OCD!

After looking at my wallet I better make that 250!
My perpetual dream is a shooter Savage 1895. Maybe someday............................
Originally Posted by bigolddave
Gentlemen,

Dave

Hopefully the news will be good. Will ask God to make it so.
My immediate need is a correct Lyman Tang sight and folding rear sight for my 1935 99 K Model 250-3000. It currently wears an original Stith mount with a K4 weaver scope. Any and all help would be appreciated.......
I could also use a replacement Butt stock for a 1949 99 F 300 Sav. I have a pretty nice one I hunt with that someone cut the stock and added a bunch of spacers and a pad. Its ugly. Almost too ugly to hunt with!
I think I'll need to speak with bigoldave about that eg 250-3000.
That could be a nice addition to the rack!
Insurance lagging behind. Cat scan now scheduled a week from today. Carotid arteries both have 90% blockage, been that way for some time. She had bleeding on the brain a year ago last November, and has a partial recovery, but needs someone with her 24/7. Granddaughter comes once a week, so I can run errands and shop, but it is just about impossible to make appointments for haircuts, etc. Getting tired; Job's friends told him to curse God and die. With Job, I reply "Even so, I know that my Redeemer liveth".
Originally Posted by 06hunter59
My immediate need is a correct Lyman Tang sight and folding rear sight for my 1935 99 K Model 250-3000.

I've got a Lyman S1 and an SA, if either would work for you.
What's interesting to me is that everybody seems to "need" something but hardly any of us "need" the same things. grin

One of the things that make 99' so interesting and dare I say, even addicting? eek

That's a nice list Bigoldave shared with us. I'm sure somebody will be able to help him out. wink

Anybody else got something they can't live with or without for another year?

smile
A 16x or 20x Unertl or Targetspot scope?
Originally Posted by Fireball2
My immediate need is a correct Lyman Tang sight and folding rear sight for my 1935 99 K Model 250-3000.

PM sent
Thanks
Insurance lagging behind. Cat scan now scheduled a week from today. Carotid arteries both have 90% blockage, been that way for some time. She had bleeding on the brain a year ago last November, and has a partial recovery, but needs someone with her 24/7. Granddaughter comes once a week, so I can run errands and shop, but it is just about impossible to make appointments for haircuts, etc. Getting tired; Job's friends told him to curse God and die. With Job, I reply "Even so, I know that my Redeemer liveth".

Will keep your family in our prayers Dave.

Joe
Gentlemen,

Dave

PM sent
Positive energy sent your way, Dave.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

PM sent
Thanks

You can have either one of them, no charge. smile
Well, I'm not actively looking for something but an H in 303 could find a home here. Or a 50's F in 250 Sav.

Dale
Originally Posted by Dale K
Well, I'm not actively looking for something but an H in 303 could find a home here. Or a 50's F in 250 Sav.

Dale

Oddity of oddities, I have a pretty mint 99F in 250 I'd sell.
I have a 99 T in 30-30 with a lyman peep site ....All matching numbers ..... pretty clean ...
and a 1917 pistol in 380 ..immaculate ,,never fired with original box and paper work ,,no cleaning brush
1899 c half round half octagon 26 inch barrel ..12.xxx serial ,,,,gray ghost 303
I should add a 50’s F in 300 savage also on the want list
Originally Posted by kdog
I have a 99 T in 30-30 with a lyman peep site ....All matching numbers ..... pretty clean ...
and a 1917 pistol in 380 ..immaculate ,,never fired with original box and paper work ,,no cleaning brush
1899 c half round half octagon 26 inch barrel ..12.xxx serial ,,,,gray ghost 303

I'm interested in your 99T in 30-30 too. smile

Dave, praying that everything works out well. Family first. Take care.
Here's hoping everything goes well for Dave. 99's can wait, take care of what's important.
Originally Posted by kdog

I would be interested in that 30-30T also.

Joe
Well, since I'm not looking for anything, what ever I find will be it.
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Well, since I'm not looking for anything, what ever I find will be it.

The "I don't know what I'm looking for until I find it" strategy has some merit.

I like it....

wink
A minty late M1920-26 300 Savage with a Lyman 54 would sure turn my head.

Seeing another 1895 carbine in Canada, let alone for sale is a pipe dream at best so I'll probably spring for another sub-gauge bird gun before I find either of these.
I would like to find a Salesman Sample in 30-30 and 250.

And anything in original condition.

All of the above for a fair price.
A nice 99E lightweight in .303 would be nice, or one in .250 for an upgrade. I need a nice F t/d, too. A .380...
Originally Posted by RAS

Showing my ignorance here, but what is a salesman sample? Is it the ones that have cutaways to show how they operate?
Originally Posted by damnesia
Originally Posted by RAS

Showing my ignorance here, but what is a salesman sample? Is it the ones that have cutaways to show how they operate?

Old name for the Spiegel 99EG's with the roll stamps on the side.
Saw a .300 Salesman's Sample in a shop down the road. Priced as though it were quite a bit nicer and a K. He had no idea what it really was, and didn't believe me when I told him. They are probably fairly scarce; do they command much of a premium?
Saw a .300 Salesman's Sample in a shop down the road. Do they command much of a premium?

Possibly.
Think of it as a 99EG with adders. "Spiegels" need their own sub-catagory.
Condition rules. The variations could be D&T'd, sling studs added, roll stamp engraved and calibers too.
I have a .303, D&T'd and a .300 D&t'd, roll stamped engraved and sling studs. Both decent condition and both EG priced.

I have a .303, D&T'd and a .300 D&t'd, roll stamped engraved and sling studs. Both decent condition and both EG priced.

[/quote]
I have a 303 thats D/T’d and engraved with studs and an H thats D/T and studs.

Joe
© 24hourcampfire