Home
Posted By: redleg733 Dan's chaps question - 01/10/24
Anyone here use Dan's chaps for upland hunting? If so, which "model" of them do you have (5 star, high and dry, brush buster, etc) and what are your thought/likes/dislikes on them?

Made in the USA, made to fit, and cost a good bit less than a pair of Filson tin cloths. I'm wondering what the down side is? With the material they use, are they really noisy? I'm wondering if a guy will sound like a little kid in snow pants walking around in them. smile

Adam
Posted By: oldtimr1 Re: Dan's chaps question - 01/10/24
I used to use canvas chasps for small game hunting years ago when I didn't wear heavy hunting trousers.
Posted By: huntjinx Re: Dan's chaps question - 01/10/24
I have a pair of brush busters. Yes, noisier than just jeans but about the same as upland pants. They look a little baggy but fashion shows and me probably don't belong in the same galaxy anyway. These things are tough. I've had mine three years and they really don't show all that much wear. They even survived some needle sharp puppy teeth when I wasn't looking. If these wear out (I doubt it) ill reorder the same things.
Posted By: wildfowl Re: Dan's chaps question - 01/11/24
Always been pleased with my Filson Double Tin. 30 years and going strong
Posted By: ribka Re: Dan's chaps question - 01/12/24
Too many better options these days They’re too heavy to walk miles a day Get wet and suck in winter cold weather

They’re fine for preserve hunting I guess
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Dan's chaps question - 01/12/24
Not a chaps person at all, sorry.
© 24hourcampfire